These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thirty plus Procurer botlike armada in Osmon ice belts.

First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Hell House
Hell Dawn
#81 - 2014-01-04 02:36:49 UTC
Best option seems to be bumping dat freighter.

Too bad we can't wardec the little creep....

Yeah, I'm assuming he's got 'em all in NPC corps.

Way to go, CCP...Roll

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#82 - 2014-01-04 04:03:40 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
Certainly.

[Coercer, Bumper]
Reactor Control Unit II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 200

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Plus an 03 Acceleration implant = 9050m/s
Without it's a lowly 8800
(That's with heat ofc)

Costs about 6mill

hehe nice my thrasher was 9200ms with skirmish boost, its 7200ms base mwd, i have not tested unskirmished overheat but with overheat + skirmish links it pushes 13200ms. All that while cap stable lol. Coercer looks nice though, it seems to have more lows than thrasher if im reading that right, more speed!
Dave Stark
#83 - 2014-01-04 12:15:07 UTC
just took a trip to osmon because.

2 ice anomalies up, so clearly there isn't a problem an the OP is a liar.
Adolph Weltschmerz
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2014-01-04 14:09:39 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Osmon has three ice belts, once they spawn it takes literally hours to mine them, so everyone gets their fair share of ice. Not anymore. Recently Osmon received huge 30+ Procurer barge vacuum cleaner armada, that bot is online 24/7, takes him less than an hour to empty all Ice belts, depriving all the ice miners of their shares of ice. CCP seems not to notice the problem.
Bot armada has Fenrir freighter ploted by Luckysentry and is protected by a Stabber cruiser piloted by Matthew Decker.

Since problem is ignored, I am offering to pitch in 40 mil isk to a group of mercenaries to get rid of that insolent greedy problem, bunch of other Osmon miners are also willing to contribute financially.

Name of the game is attrition, freighters are very expensive to replace, once you kill enough of them, that insolent exploiter will leave Osmon for good.

Botting is illegal, isnt it?
Naydra Adni
Doomheim
#85 - 2014-01-04 21:26:25 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Name of the game is attrition, freighters are very expensive to replace, once you kill enough of them, that insolent exploiter will leave Osmon for good.

So while you poor miners have nothing to do because he got all the ice, why don't you stay up to the guy, take the piles of AFK ISK you earned before and suicide gank that freighter? If you need some advice how to do this I am sure we can help you.

You could also start to bump his mining ships out of range. This way you don't lose sec status.
http://www.minerbumping.com/p/become-agent.html

If you really want to gank his ships, start by learning how the game works:
http://www.minerbumping.com/p/blog-page.html

And believe me when I tell you it will be fun for a change.

Help us to save highsec. thank you for your time.

in other words...
"I'm sorry.. we can't be bothered to help. it seems you found an actual bot. you see, even though it says we're against botting we won't actually help in this case.. because it may well be a real bot and we only shoot live players.. ya know.. for the tearslulzcirclejerkathons we have. and we all know bots don't cry."
Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#86 - 2014-01-04 21:54:19 UTC
Naydra Adni wrote:
in other words...
"I'm sorry.. we can't be bothered to help. it seems you found an actual bot. you see, even though it says we're against botting we won't actually help in this case.. because it may well be a real bot and we only shoot live players.. ya know.. for the tearslulzcirclejerkathons we have. and we all know bots don't cry."

I'm sorry you see it this way. In fact the OP is not better than the multibox bot-aspirant he tries to put out of business. They have both no mining permits and therefor that mining is illegal under the CODE. I am not in Osmon, If I was I would bump the Op and his friend as much as the multibox guy.

It is like one drug dealer is upset about a gang of other drug dealers and calls the police to help him put them out of business. It is absurd in the highest degree.

And I did help the OP. I provided information on how he could take care of the problem himself. I'm sure you don't try to suggest I should play the game for the OP only because he and his friends are to lazy to stand up to some other player?

If it is in fact a bot you can always report him and CCP will remove the guy.
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#87 - 2014-01-04 22:44:02 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

I don't know the OP from Adam, but he's not "lying". I watched that Procurer fleet suck up an entire ice field in well under an hour.

Every time I bumped one off by 30km, it was back in two minutes.

At one point most of the Procs dropped cans which I was totally unprepared for. At that point the Fenrir warped in and the pilot posted "om nom nom" in local to add to all the tears.. I laughed my socks off.

It's an interesting problem though. Of course CCP are loving the 40+ Plexes this guy has to buy every 30 days. And I would love to see his hardware setup.

On the other hand, well, just... What. The Fug.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Chicknhawk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#88 - 2014-01-05 00:01:11 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Dont matter that multiboxer is online 24/7.

What I'm really interested in is how you know he's on 24/7? Is there something you're not telling us here? Has the multiboxer cut in to your RMT botting profits?

Mine alone actually in my trusty retriever. Log on and play at random times last week or two (my schedule is all messed up), that armada is online all the time, never seen him being offline.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2014-01-05 01:50:49 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

What I'm really interested in is how you know he's on 24/7? Is there something you're not telling us here? Has the multiboxer cut in to your RMT botting profits?

Mine alone actually in my trusty retriever. Log on and play at random times last week or two (my schedule is all messed up), that armada is online all the time, never seen him being offline.

Perhaps his schedule is also messed up. Who are you to judge the playing habits of a shift worker?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Chicknhawk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#90 - 2014-01-05 02:21:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Chicknhawk
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

Perhaps his schedule is also messed up. Who are you to judge the playing habits of a shift worker?

Playing habits? Greed is the root of all evil. From my own experience saw seemengly good people turn into utter morons and animals because of greed and personal gain, they dont care if they're hurting others or doing harm to thousands or millions of people by their unethical antisocial behavior. If someone disregards whole population of Osmon for his own gains and interests, that person pretty much is capable of much worse, and needs to be taught a preventive good lesson, he may laugh and spit at the community, but when community is going to spit at him he is going to end up drowning.
Cloaky McWarpStab
#91 - 2014-01-05 02:44:26 UTC
MULTIBOX MINING, THE FIRST STEP TO TYRANNY

One day I will have a blog. Be thankful that day isn't today.

Bibosikus
Aliastra
#92 - 2014-01-05 02:49:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Bibosikus
Chicknhawk wrote:
... but when community is going to spit at him he is going to end up drowning.

Mate it's no use whinging about it. This is a sandbox, and there are bullies and victims.

Then again, there are players like me who are interested and even possibly mildly peeved when we actually see first hand what's happening in Osmon.

Thing is, a Dev has already been here and done eff all but clear some troll posts and move the thread. So CCP knows what's going on and either aren't bothered or they're keeping their cards close to their chest.

Give it another week. If the ice-**** fleet hasn't disappeared by then, you'll have your answer :)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Chicknhawk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#93 - 2014-01-05 03:26:22 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
... but when community is going to spit at him he is going to end up drowning.

Mate it's no use whinging about it. This is a sandbox, and there are bullies and victims.

Then again, there are players like me who are interested and even possibly mildly peeved when we actually see first hand what's happening in Osmon.

Thing is, a Dev has already been here and done eff all but clear some troll posts and move the thread. So CCP knows what's going on and either aren't bothered or they're keeping their cards close to their chest.

Give it another week. If the ice-**** fleet hasn't disappeared by then, you'll have your answer :)

Nope no use whining. I waited for someone smart and competent to start a thread about Osmon abuse. Waited for a week, then two weeks, Osmon miners definitely not happy, yet they say nothing in forums, only complain in local. Then I just decided enough is enough and started this thread to the best of my ability.
Cloaky McWarpStab
#94 - 2014-01-05 03:57:51 UTC
Has it gone as well as you had hoped?

One day I will have a blog. Be thankful that day isn't today.

Domineren
Stain Corp.
#95 - 2014-01-05 06:14:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
depriving all the ice miners of their shares of ice.
Welcome to competition. There are no “shares”.
It isn't theirs until and unless it's in their cargo holds.

Quote:
Since problem is ignored, I am offering to pitch in 40 mil isk to a group of mercenaries to get rid of that insolent greedy problem, bunch of other Osmon miners are also willing to contribute financially.
Heh… yeah, you're probably going to need to add a zero or two onto that before anyone bites. Lol

Doesn't even guarantee that it's theirs even if its in their cargoTwisted

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Dave Stark
#96 - 2014-01-05 08:36:30 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I don't know the OP from Adam, but he's not "lying". I watched that Procurer fleet suck up an entire ice field in well under an hour.

Every time I bumped one off by 30km, it was back in two minutes.

At one point most of the Procs dropped cans which I was totally unprepared for. At that point the Fenrir warped in and the pilot posted "om nom nom" in local to add to all the tears.. I laughed my socks off.

It's an interesting problem though. Of course CCP are loving the 40+ Plexes this guy has to buy every 30 days. And I would love to see his hardware setup.

On the other hand, well, just... What. The Fug.

well he is lying, because he said the multiboxer deprives everyone of their ice. clearly not the case when there are A) more than one ice site up, and B) it takes him nearly an hour to clear an ice site. C) it's not "their ice" at all.

so yes, the OP is lying. it's an empirical fact.
Dave Stark
#97 - 2014-01-05 08:38:14 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

or perhaps he's just flat out unemployed.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2014-01-05 09:06:49 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

Playing habits? Greed is the root of all evil. From my own experience saw seemengly good people turn into utter morons and animals because of greed and personal gain, they dont care if they're hurting others or doing harm to thousands or millions of people by their unethical antisocial behavior. If someone disregards whole population of Osmon for his own gains and interests, that person pretty much is capable of much worse, and needs to be taught a preventive good lesson, he may laugh and spit at the community, but when community is going to spit at him he is going to end up drowning.

Normally I'm all about wrecking miners, but if this guy is really bothering other miners so much then I might just help him out.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#99 - 2014-01-05 09:08:09 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

or perhaps he's just flat out unemployed.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I've met a lot of unemployed people slaving it up in highsec.

Dave Stark
#100 - 2014-01-05 09:21:41 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I've met a lot of unemployed people slaving it up in highsec.

i used to do it when i was unemployed. mining was great when i had revision to do, or if i was trawling jobs websites.

these days i've realised it's quicker to just farm incursions for a day solid then not have to bother with isk making for the next 29 days.