These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Should CCP make more missions

Author
Mr Pragmatic
#21 - 2013-12-09 21:15:51 UTC
Being a sandbox game, they should make a way for players to spawn mini incursions into systems that disrupt everything. And other players can talk to agents to get rid of the disruptive mini incursions. Just an idea.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Gh0stBust3rs
Destruction and Pacification Services
#22 - 2013-12-10 08:06:52 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
every time this topic comes up, people repeat the same bad ideas. firstly, randomizing the spawns in a mission is inherently at least one of two things: irrelevant or annoying. for example if you vary the size of the waves between small and OHMYGODMYFACEISMELTING, all you do in the long run is favor the rattlesnake and marauders with their huge tank over all the other mission ships. same goes for randomizing the faction you fight against: people just switch to machs, vargurs and CNRs (and the rest comes crying to the forums).
increasing the difficulty of missions across the board may be a good idea, but you have to do so without increasing the payouts (lvl4s are too profitable as it is). making all of them equally difficult on the other hand would only take away more flavor and make them more boring than they already are.
bottom line, unless you want to commit to a complete overhaul, the best thing you can do is maybe add a few well balanced missions to the pool and make some quality of lime improvements (why do i have to dock after every mission?) while preserving the isk/hr.



To be honest it really comes down to level 4s and to an extent level 5s in low sec should not be soloable. There is a reason for incursions being a group event.

While I know some can run them in blinged out marauders groups of T1 Battleships or even bringing logis to run them.

The rats dont have to be incursion level types but the missions should be extremely hard to solo
Allko
Zero Tax services
#23 - 2013-12-10 10:23:55 UTC
Just add more lvl4 with liquid payout ~10-15mil isk to fill the gap between 30mil and 5mil missions since i cant hit the "decline" button more than once per 4h Lol
More difficult...why? We have incursions and lvl5
BTW... missions are not suppose to be fun.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-12-10 10:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
Being a sandbox game, they should make a way for players to spawn mini incursions into systems that disrupt everything. And other players can talk to agents to get rid of the disruptive mini incursions. Just an idea.

It's called "get a bunch of friends together, sit on station and gun down everything that moves".

Why do you people need NPCs to dictate every step you take? Isn't that the opposite of a sandbox?
Craig Bennett2th
Bennett Corp
#25 - 2013-12-10 14:20:27 UTC
Gh0stBust3rs wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
every time this topic comes up, people repeat the same bad ideas. firstly, randomizing the spawns in a mission is inherently at least one of two things: irrelevant or annoying. for example if you vary the size of the waves between small and OHMYGODMYFACEISMELTING, all you do in the long run is favor the rattlesnake and marauders with their huge tank over all the other mission ships. same goes for randomizing the faction you fight against: people just switch to machs, vargurs and CNRs (and the rest comes crying to the forums).
increasing the difficulty of missions across the board may be a good idea, but you have to do so without increasing the payouts (lvl4s are too profitable as it is). making all of them equally difficult on the other hand would only take away more flavor and make them more boring than they already are.
bottom line, unless you want to commit to a complete overhaul, the best thing you can do is maybe add a few well balanced missions to the pool and make some quality of lime improvements (why do i have to dock after every mission?) while preserving the isk/hr.



To be honest it really comes down to level 4s and to an extent level 5s in low sec should not be soloable. There is a reason for incursions being a group event.

While I know some can run them in blinged out marauders groups of T1 Battleships or even bringing logis to run them.

The rats dont have to be incursion level types but the missions should be extremely hard to solo



For me, it's gotten to the point where I can AFK most l4.

Hell is around every turn. It's your choice to go in it or not. Please check out the Rookies in EVE video playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLioOFeHwQV5yNk2vpz8wX9hihLVQEIKLt

Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#26 - 2013-12-10 14:28:23 UTC
What for more missions when all are the same. Warp in shoot red crosses collect reward.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-12-10 14:39:42 UTC
Gh0stBust3rs wrote:
To be honest it really comes down to level 4s and to an extent level 5s in low sec should not be soloable. There is a reason for incursions being a group event.

While I know some can run them in blinged out marauders groups of T1 Battleships or even bringing logis to run them.

The rats dont have to be incursion level types but the missions should be extremely hard to solo

if people want to run group events, why not run incursions? the raison d'être for lvl4 missions is providing solo content for people who like earning ISK by shooting red crosses. if anything, they resemble anom grinding in 0.0, not incursions.

lvl5s are a little awkward. they are not profitable enough unless you run them alone, which in turn is an unreasonable risk unless your corp controls the system. they are also hugely unbalanced, as in some can be blitzed with one tengu in 5 minutes while others require a serious fleet and loads of time.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Mr Pragmatic
#28 - 2013-12-11 22:08:38 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
Being a sandbox game, they should make a way for players to spawn mini incursions into systems that disrupt everything. And other players can talk to agents to get rid of the disruptive mini incursions. Just an idea.

It's called "get a bunch of friends together, sit on station and gun down everything that moves".

Why do you people need NPCs to dictate every step you take? Isn't that the opposite of a sandbox?



As much as people like to lement eve is not a pure sandbox. Of so their would be no missions or explo, etc....

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Gallali Egidall
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-12-12 00:35:20 UTC
I'd like to see more missions and I'd like both mining and distribution missions to be more interesting. Other people are already advocating for security missions.

I'd like to have the option for distribution missions where you have to:


1) Pick up a large stack of items and split the stack into smaller batches all along a route (delivering medicine, food, entertainment, toys, tools to every specific station along a route).

2) Choose between a short run in low sec that will earn you a time/danger bonus or a longer run through high sec that pays less.

3) Drop things off in a plex (where you may or may not be attacked by rats).

4) Have to scan down a hidden location in order to make a delivery.

Turn some hauling routes into a series of acceleration gates, with appropriate dangers, especially rats. Make haulers fit for tank (and a little gank!)

There should be reasons to use tiny cloaky haulers and big freighters as opposed to L4's needing nothing more exciting than a T1 industrial you get in the tutorial missions.

At least mining missions have gas mining (which needs better than tutorial skills). I'd like to see some fake ice mining and some oddsituations. What about mining inside a fake wormhole that will collapse and need scanning to escape just like a proper wormhole, when you're about halfway done with the mining?

What about mining in areas with radiation leaks or faulty acceleration gates? Isn't there a career agent mission that teachers you to use an afterburner that features an asteroid that has a DOT effect (Damage Over Time)? Why aren't we mission mining in areas like that? Security mission runners swap out ammo and hardeners between missions, why shouldn't haulers and miners need to swap modules or ships?

Why aren't miners doing missions that pay out (MUCH) more if we have high refining skills?

Miners and haulers should get missions that make use of the skills they're expected to have.


Niena Nuamzzar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-12-13 11:47:51 UTC
I'd be happy with only two missions:

1. Dread Pirate Scarlet
2. Angel Extravaganza
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#31 - 2013-12-16 13:28:37 UTC
To be honest - I would prefer them to come up with some kind of dynamic mission system instead of the current pre-cooked model. As while they might indeed do couple more missions these get old pretty fast, so the resources would be better spent on somekind of system that generates missions from some set of "bricks" you can assemble to have a mission.

Then adding new brricks later on would introduce a lot more variation than the old fashinoned handcrafted model. Ofc it might be harder to balance (and test) that kind of system.

Presumably the best way to do something like that would be to implement that kind of system in very limited manner, tweak it until its functional and then make the regular agents slowly to give out more of the "generated" missions, say, for example, every 10th mission, for a start, would be generated, etc.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

ionageman TOG
security services
#32 - 2014-01-02 22:20:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ionageman TOG
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Old Phill wrote:
Elite level missions( elite as in npcs are about as strong as 75% a player ship of that size of course piloted by a moron)
tired of missions where a battleship does like a 100 damage its like damn those are some MIGHTY CIVILIAN GUNS YOU GOT THERE

They're called incursions.

Ireland VonVicious wrote:
I'd like to see advanced agents.

L4A's or something.
Have access start at 9.0 with a npc corp or something along those lines.

Just make them all like AE and Dread Scarlet level difficulty minimum and have some that go about 20-30% harder.

Could be a nice testing ground for what could become a full PvE overhaul.

They're called level 5 agents.




Completely ignores the problems of missioning in lowsec and the fact not everybody wants to organize an incursion fleet .

Personally I wana be able to choose my missions from a library .

I have the firepower to do 8k lp missions and yet I keep getting recon and empire missions. . Tedious
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-01-02 22:36:16 UTC
More missions = The ability to run them longer without burnout.

Running them longer = More ISK in my wallet

More ISK in my wallet = Buying more ships for PVP

More ships for PVP = More PVP

More PVP = More fun!


This is at least for me. I cannot afford to fund my PVP with RL money. I honestly enjoy missions sometimes but after repeating the same half dozen over and over it just becomes a grind.
Alexander Xenon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-01-03 17:25:05 UTC
an industrial mission would be a nice addition to the game- we already see this in the career agent, so the game has the mechanics already. the agent gives you a BPC for X copies, then asks you to make one for him. this would be easy to add, and could in some cases be a very fast way to get standing from ISK, as well as being a great way to remove surplus goods from the market (anything that goes into a mission will probably be for sale at that station). however the items produced could also be mission-specific widgets, with no use outside of the mission and needing common minerals.

to make things more interesting, some missions could be 'go here, kill/salvage/loot item, use item to manufature X', which would be a change of pace from the usual mission grind, and a good level one agent mission to teach salvage and industry.

an exploration mission agent would be fun as well- warp to acceleration gate and enter site, hack the data/relic, bring item back. fairly simple, the game mechanics are already there, and it helps people learn the system. maybe scan to find the accel gate then use a mission specific token to enter.

industrial and exploration missions would help round out the combat/mine/haul trinity of agent types we have now, and add some nice diversity for mission choices.
Deunan Tenephais
#35 - 2014-01-04 01:45:43 UTC
Beside diluting the actual mission pool, which should be a good thing for diversity, CCP could also increase the kind of missions we get, but slowly, one kind at a time, with making sure that the new kind introduced is not the same thing as an older type.

Actualy, we have 3 kind of missions:
-go mine these stones/mine these ice cubes/hoove these clouds while reading a book;
-take/find/buy that and put it somewhere else;
-go kill a bunch of NPCs in protracted battles.
I feel like a little more options would be nice.

What I would like to see are assassination missions.

"Hey, we spotted this wanted guy at this place, all alone, I want you to take him out.
Don't forget to bring a scrambler or the guy could warp out never to be seen again, automatically failing the mission and making you lose standing with our corp.
Oh yes, the guy is a good pilote, you should definitely bring an optimal setup against mono-target with you on this one"

See what I mean ?
It would change from the griiiiiiiind of BS hitpoints that security missions are, give pvpers a way of funding their activity without the need to use a pve fitting they may not like, and it would help newbies learn the starting rules of pvp.

Beyond that, I know that CCP cannot multiply too much the number of mission types, unless they literaly overcrowd stations with NPCs, and I don't think it would be a good thing.
Each kind should have a purpose and catter to specific needs among the playerbase.
ExcalibursTemplar
Yamagata Syndicate
Shadow Cartel
#36 - 2014-01-04 13:38:51 UTC
IIshira wrote:
More missions = The ability to run them longer without burnout.

Running them longer = More ISK in my wallet

More ISK in my wallet = Buying more ships for PVP

More ships for PVP = More PVP

More PVP = More fun!


This is at least for me. I cannot afford to fund my PVP with RL money. I honestly enjoy missions sometimes but after repeating the same half dozen over and over it just becomes a grind.


That's the same situation I'm in.
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-01-04 14:36:03 UTC
Dread pirate scarlet is "unpredictable" in the sense you don't know which factions spawn in there (from a pool of choices).

Blitzing in high sec is worth it, just have to find a good conversion rate item (atm stratios bp).

Missions should lean towards better LP rewards (faction guns better than t2, with t2 ammo would be a good start). The isk component should not compete with nullsec anoms, rather get nullseccers printing isk and highseccers printing quality faction items.


Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-01-04 19:38:28 UTC
How about missions where you navigate inside giant structure with paths blocked by npcs?
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2014-01-04 23:42:26 UTC
Would be nice, but there is a lot more I would rather them work on.

A good mission overhaul (my personal opinion) would be to change up the higher level missions a bit. Make a new Level 6 category that is the same as the current 5s (low sec only stuff) and make a new set of Level 5's for high that are designed for the new Marauders. Something challenging for them.
Atog Uz
Help Desk Please Hold
#40 - 2014-01-05 23:54:50 UTC
Ok this may be an old idea but here goes.

Way back in City of Heroes the allowed player made missions. Basically you set up the scenario and enemies and to some extent the rewards.

Eve could do something like that, just source it out to the players.

There would have to be stricter controls on the danger/rewards but I don't see why it isn't do-able. Swap them out every couple of months to the new most popular ones.


Kind of like having a mod community. Let the players do the work and the devs just review and OK the ones that will be allowed in the game.
Previous page123Next page