These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does full api show payment method?

Author
Binscarth
Zephyr Corp
#1 - 2014-01-04 02:23:53 UTC
Alright, so I'm ready to venture into the corp theft/ awox/ spy game. If I set up a new account using power of 2, will it show up as such with a full api provided? I don't mind funding the account's day-by-day purchases by buying plex to sell for spare change versus transferring ISk from another account, but I'd like to get the six months for three price.

So, what does full api reveal about the account's payment method?
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-01-04 06:04:03 UTC
Nothing.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Secret Squirrell
Allied Press Intergalactic
#3 - 2014-01-04 06:07:23 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Nothing.

Well, if you were getting plex in game from somewhere to plex your account, an API check may detect it. Beyond that, your probably right.
Binscarth
Zephyr Corp
#4 - 2014-01-04 17:47:31 UTC
Yes, the idea was not to trade plex or give money to the new account, just to look like I'd fallen off the turnip truck. I'd buy plex with cash to fund the account needs.

I was unsure what the account status information returned from the api key was, because the similar information on the account management page is named differently. They show Active- Paying with plex and six month account or something like that. Not ideal, having to explain why a new character purchased a six month account, but at least it doesn't come right out and say Power of 2.

Thank y'all for the replies.
Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-01-04 18:05:12 UTC
Full API shows everything, payment methods, credit card information, your real name and home adress, your phone number, what your dogs name is, where you work, at which time youre likely to go to the toilet and how long ago it was since your last successfull date.
Christian Lionbate
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-01-04 19:43:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Christian Lionbate
Full API revealed my addiction to dwarf pawn which lead to me being sexually assaulted by a gang of little people. I've never been so happy and only slightly butt hurt.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-01-05 01:52:09 UTC
Binscarth wrote:
Yes, the idea was not to trade plex or give money to the new account, just to look like I'd fallen off the turnip truck. I'd buy plex with cash to fund the account needs.

I was unsure what the account status information returned from the api key was, because the similar information on the account management page is named differently. They show Active- Paying with plex and six month account or something like that. Not ideal, having to explain why a new character purchased a six month account, but at least it doesn't come right out and say Power of 2.

PLEX in a can. That's how you do it.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#8 - 2014-01-05 04:18:20 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Binscarth wrote:

This. In a system where your characters are the only ones in local, but in a region where PLEX are traded fairly frequently.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Pipa Porto
#9 - 2014-01-07 09:17:33 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Or, (and I don't know for sure if this is detectable by more advanced API checks), send PLEX to disposable character on alt account, reverse redeem, and redeem on AWOX character, then delete the transfer character.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#10 - 2014-01-07 09:39:08 UTC
If you need to trade anything but keep a clean API meet said alt at a safespot, drop a can abandon it and have said alt pick it up. does not show on the API
Sylphy
TSOE Po1ice
TSOE Consortium
#11 - 2014-01-14 08:29:05 UTC
But anyone with half a brain can also spot those things on a full API check and will probably keep a close eye on you.

The character does not represent the views/opinions of its Corporation or Alliance.