These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

dont nerf drone assist! nerf carriers!

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-01-03 23:38:16 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Victoria Sin wrote:
I think there should be drone assist and advanced drone assist skills. Each level allows you to take control of one other drone. Or if you like, 5 x level, whatever.

Is it unlimited at the moment? I've often given my drones to drone droid in gang, but I've never received them.

Yes, you can have 2500 drones assisted to you.

Technically 3750, but nobody's going to make a carrier fleet with 5 DCUs on every carrier.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#22 - 2014-01-03 23:46:49 UTC
Alice Ituin wrote:

Drone assist is a weird thing. Why is it the only weapons system that can be assisted? Drones are a completely normal weapons system like any other, so why can't I set my lasers to assist, too?
Why are we allowed to assist dps drones but not repair drones?

Your lazors autocannons blasters and railguns are deployable and be killed now?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#23 - 2014-01-03 23:51:11 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Yes, you can have 2500 drones assisted to you.

Technically 3750, but nobody's going to make a carrier fleet with 5 DCUs on every carrier.

Or 1250 if you removed drones from carriers.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#24 - 2014-01-03 23:53:48 UTC
No nerfs, please.

Just make a new ship. A wee little space sled that can carry a bunch of Dust mercs with combat shotguns. That'll take those pesky drones off the field with panache.

Mr Epeen Cool
Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-01-04 00:35:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Knights Armament
drone assist isn't essential in making slowcats function, it isn't that difficult to broadcast a target and have everyone shoot it, drone assist is working as intended from day 1. You have a computer system, you tell your computer to tell your drones to assist a ship in space, it sounds like everyone hates realism.

Nerfing drone assist won't make carriers useless, but it is a pointless and obviously bias game change that would show that CCP only cares what null sec alliances care about.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#26 - 2014-01-04 00:37:13 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
drone assist isn't essential in making slowcats function, it isn't that difficult to broadcast a target and have everyone shoot it, drone assist is working as intended from day 1. You have a computer system, you tell your computer to tell your drones to assist a ship in space, it sounds like everyone hates realism.

Nerfing drone assist won't make carriers useless, but it is a pointless and obviously bias game change that would show that CCP only cares what null sec alliances care about.

The archons can't target 179 km out though, worse still, they could be damped.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-01-04 00:43:17 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:

The archons can't target 179 km out though, worse still, they could be damped.

That might force them to field motherships
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#28 - 2014-01-04 01:06:21 UTC
As there is already a thread on the same topic, this one gets a lock.

The rules:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12