These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Crowdsourcing - YC115 IC Retrospective

First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2014-01-03 17:00:10 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
Hi Big smile

So, I'm in the beginning stages of writing a retrospective of YC115. It'll touch on a lot of events that occurred throughout the year, may perhaps even give a little more clarity to some of them, and of course will recap on major occurrences over the last 12 months.

This has been done a few times in the past, but I'd like to start making a habit of doing it annually, to keep a good record of what's been happening.

I'd also like you guys to contribute to it too, so that's what this thread is here for. Feel free to submit resources for player driven events that have shaped your corporations and your gameplay over the course of the year.

Be it the launch of a few flagship, a corporate response to one of our news items, no matter how large or small, I'd like to hear about it in this thread so that it can be added to the retrospective if its seen to be relevant in the context of what's being put together.

So, start posting and discussing, provide links to IGS posts and other material, and we'll see what we can put together in order to mesh both prime and player fiction together in a review of YC115.

Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2 - 2014-01-03 17:16:33 UTC
Lasa and Eric got married. Does that count? ROFL!

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#3 - 2014-01-03 17:45:51 UTC
Things to mention regarding Stillwater's involvement in space in YC 115 (besides everyday lowsec pillaging and other Angel shenanigans). Going to keep it as short and concise as possible.

February:

- Coming 'out of the closet' after 3 years of covert operations as a fully fledged Angel Cartel loyalist corp, after charges made by a certain pro-Republican tribe lead to incarceration of some members.

May:

- Forming of the Angel Cartel Bloc, a coalition of Angel and Serpentis loyalist capsuleer corporations.

- Organizing the Fifth Skarkon Referendum anniversary event with Coreli Corporation. Providing citizens of Skarkon II with food and medical supplies during the lockdown.

November:

- Acting in a joint campaign in Gallente FW area with the rest of the Angel Cartel Bloc.

- Protecting Serpentis assets in Syndicate during the DED/Capsuleer invasion of Syndicate and Curse.

December:

- Upgrading of the Stillwater's sin city complex, the Ivory Tower finished. Re-opening to be announced in January YC 116.

Moar Angel live events plox. :3
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#4 - 2014-01-03 17:54:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
PIE's 10th Anniversary, which included the following posts and events:

IGS Announcement
Public Tour
Resurgence and Peace - Speech at Amarr
Legion of Faith - Speech at Amarr
Anniversary Ball - Was attended by Admiral Ren Karetta and Grand Inquisitor Ohrud Omel

Off the top of my head, there was also Morwen's Hearth and Home initiative, Pieter/Ava's Charity-for-Caille-Victims jello fight (which ended with an assassination attempt on Ava), Korsavius' anti-Provist rally (referenced in official EVE news as a/the triggering event for the downward spiral of Heth and the Provists), Stitcher's demonstration at NCP against Heth's megacorp nationalization (not sure if he made separate thread for it), and Federation Day YC115 (attended by Sister of Light Anza Sagera).

There was also the Pyre trial thing, Ava's gathering for Midular at Pator, and... probably lots more I'm forgetting right now. Don't have thread links for those, but I'm sure the people who were involved will provide them.
Esna Pitoojee
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#5 - 2014-01-03 22:17:23 UTC
Definitely the PIE ball; even if I couldn't attend most of it, it was really cool seeing Live Event Actor Characters show up at an RP event.

Also definitely some of the player-led events surrounding Caldari Prime - not the actual 'battle', but stuff during the lead-up and follow-up to and from the event; Esna, for instance, flew a freighter down to Luminaire loaded with medical goods and shuttles, then sat around in orbit doing "extraction" with other players who had shown up to try to get civilians off the planet. What was also cool about this is we had some people who weren't 'traditional RPers' show up and play right along with the extraction - they knew it wasn't a CCP event, but they rolled with it anyhow.

In the aftermath, there was the event where players decided to lead a convoy of (dev actor) jump freighters around a waiting suicide gank camp, getting supplies to the planet's surface in the aftermath of the battle and titan crash.

Finally, the Electus Matari convoy of slaves out of the Mandate was cool for a number of reasons - one, it's always awesome to see L.E. actors respond to different RP prompts, not just big fights or piles and piles of kills. Second, it was a nicely discussion-provoking thing on the IGS as well, especially as various murky details (did the Republic's ships enter the Mandate's borders or not? Were the slaves forcefully taken or bought off the capsuleer market?) came to light and kept changing the discussion.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2014-01-03 23:18:05 UTC
I-RED news items for 2013 (YC115)

February: Ishuk-Raata issues a public statement denouncing the CPD and violent unrest, calling for a peaceful solution.

March: Following a significannt increase in violent skirmishes on Caldari Prime and worsening relations between the State and Federation, Ishuk-Raata announces the closure of their Caldari Prime offices and evacuation of all personnel.

April: Ishuk-Raata hosts its fifth memorial to the Malkalen Disaster, re-opening the public after YC114's private memorial.

May: I-RED hosts a small private ceremony in honor of the fallen Admiral Visera Yanala.

June: Ishuk-Raata declares Tibus Heth and the CPD to be outlaws, and makes a public statement of hostile intent to both organizations.

August: Ishuk-Raata announces and bankrolls a new State aligned startup investment foundation.

October: Ishuk-Raata announces a Caldari Loyalist Recruitment and Marketing event.

December: Ishuk-Raata launches their new flagship Leviathan-class titan, the IRV Gariushi-Oriki, completing a two year long financial campaign that was handled under the table.

Katrina Oniseki

Korsavius
Revenent Defence Corperation
#7 - 2014-01-03 23:28:48 UTC
Hmm...I would say the posters above me have got quite a lot of the good stuff.

I would also like to add the event which sprung up from Anslo over Caldari Prime in the aftermath of the battle. If I remember correctly, he was just doing what he could solo to get evacuate civilians. I joined him in this endeavor, and soon many other capsuleers flew to Luminaire to help as well. I don't remember exactly how many people there were in the end, but I was definitely surprised and thought how awesome this unexpected showing turned out.

Furthermore, Kor hosted an event on his personal estate on Abagawa IV in honor of a celestial phenomena for the planet. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3251466#post3251466

Cold Wind's Blade || Follow the I-RED Newsfeed & visit the I-RED GalNet site!

Laurentis Thiesant
Institute of Social Development
#8 - 2014-01-04 02:19:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Laurentis Thiesant
Some events I was round about involved in and can remember include:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3588378 [The Mantenault Referendum Event - Gallentean domestic with some pesky Caldari near-interventions in the context of the faction war and what it means for both capsuleers and baseliners]

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=295306&find=unread [The Alexylva Paradox colonisation of Origin, with the first permanant settlement in the wormhole system being established]
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#9 - 2014-01-04 04:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
Some events already mentioned but worth mentioning again:
The Charity for Caille jello match.
The 5th Malkalen Memorial
The Alexylva Paradox festivities in Origin

Something on the sports front:
The 6th season of the Sub-warp Racing Venture

Some of Ché's interactions with New Eden that didn't take place at the other events in this post:
Primed for Peace petition concerning Caldari Prime being reviewed by the inner circle (among other proposals)
Making recommendations to the Caldari Navy after his shuttle was destroyed by them while picketing near the Shiigeru
Open Letter to the Aidonis Foundation Directorate
Creation of the Coordination Channel for Consolidated Space Rescue Cooperation

Oh, something I was not really involved in but seems worth making mention of too in case you forgot:
Intaki assembly condemns "orbital strike tournament"
Demion Samenel
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
#10 - 2014-01-04 15:04:28 UTC
Synthetic Cultist
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#11 - 2014-01-04 16:35:45 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
, no matter how large or small, ]

Would any of Synthia's scientific research be relevant here ?

Synthia 1, Empress of Kaztropol.

It is Written.

Crynsos Cealion
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2014-01-04 17:58:12 UTC
While I have nothing particular complex to add, I have to say that aside from a few minor issues (like the slight unfairness of battles like Colelie and Luminaire, though also simply attributed to necessity and game mechanics), I very much liked way how the Live Events were revived and my main complaint is the lack of anything definitive about their future.

I can definitely say though, that even if CCP might not see Live Events as that much of a priority right now, they add a lot of content to the universe of New Eden for both role players and those who don't really see themselves as such, while I especially think that this managed to get a lot of "carebear" pilots involved in some form of PvP (and possibly interested in further PvP activity) and all this together definitely made the world feel much more alive again.
Commander A9
True North Solutions
Aurora Alliance
#13 - 2014-01-04 18:41:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander A9
Battle of Caldari Prime should definitely be in there. Ever since I started flying back in YC 111 (2009), the Shiigeru was up above Luminaire VII, and I swore one day I would destroy it. Well, we did (how are those medals coming, by the way?)!

A number of players also did medical supply collections for Luminaire VII in the aftermath of the battle. I believe Jandice Ymladrice was running one, in addition to her biosphere project.

PIE Ball and Federation Day held on the same day, definitely.

Gallente vs. Minmatar battle in Colelie/Deltole (sic) was a first in a long time, I think...

Ousting Tibus Heth and the Haatomo siege.

Perhaps mentioning a major war, such as Goonswarm vs. TEST Alliance in null-sec over the summer, when TEST lost all of its territory and found themselves enlisting in the Caldari militia as a result.

Battle of Asakai, definitely, as being the largest battles in history.

Loss of $334B Revenant, too.

Hmm...Gallente interdiction into Caldari territory might bear some mentioning...

As of course, the PLEX For Good event for the Icelandic Red Cross!

On a personal note, I was really impressed at the player (and developer) turnout for my 23-DEC Snowball Fight! Thanks!

Recommendations:

-enable ships wobbling in hangar view (pre-Captains Quarters)

-add more missions (NPC fleet vs. NPC fleets that actually shoot)

-STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!

Join Live Events!

N'maro Makari
#14 - 2014-01-04 18:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: N'maro Makari
MOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR CHRONICLES!

Plz? <3

**Vherokior **

N'maro Makari
#15 - 2014-01-04 18:53:25 UTC
On a different note, I think there were important lessons to learn from live events so far.

I think the phrase little and often rings true here.

**Vherokior **

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2014-01-04 19:12:43 UTC
December
Research initiated into the nature of the Pirate research materials.
Currently ongoing in this corp
(I mean seriously why else would I choose the name?)
(If you know why, then you owe me a drink)
Kueyen
Angharradh's Aegis
#17 - 2014-01-04 19:22:44 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:
December
Research initiated into the nature of the Pirate research materials.
Currently ongoing in this corp
(I mean seriously why else would I choose the name?)
(If you know why, then you owe me a drink)

Assisted said research facilities in procuring (advanced) labs, and provided them with large amounts of scientists, research tools, covert research tools, and shattered Villard Wheels. Progress anticipated soon. Secrecy remains advised.

Until all are free...

Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#18 - 2014-01-04 20:59:09 UTC
From the Intaki Liberation Front and Intaki Prosperity Initiative:

February

In recognition of Mordu's Legion's effectiveness in Intaki, the Intaki Prosperity Initiative announces the start of a campaign to petition the Intaki Assembly for a permanent security contract in the system complete with Legion station in orbit above one of the planets.

March

Che Biko wrote:
Oh, something I was not really involved in but seems worth making mention of too in case you forgot:
Intaki assembly condemns "orbital strike tournament"

In the wake of widespead devestation the Intaki Liberation Front expands the scope of its Intaki Prime Relief Effort.

Lucas Raholan
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
#19 - 2014-01-05 15:05:12 UTC
In terms of Player events the vast majority have already been mentioned...all well run affairs. I should also mention Paradoxes opening of their colony on their wormhole planet Origin which entailed a event held over 3 days in the form of a camping trip.

In terms of the CCP run Live Events, the smaller ones such as Haatamo, Colelie, New Caldari and others worked and felt far more immersive for the lore-player link then the larger better advertised ones such as the Battle of Caldari Prime or the disaster that was the last big one.

Also...shameless plug for more/any Amarr Events/News items...please.

Shitposts so bad CONCORD gave me a 50 billion ISK bounty

Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2014-01-07 08:58:34 UTC
Wasn't there an indentured service camp in Khanid space placed by PYRE? No link available, I'm lazy, but it caused an immense uproar in player fiction.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

12Next page