These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

stupid cold here for a while

Author
Ray Malukker
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-01-03 19:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Ray Malukker
All schools were ordered closed till at least jan 7th. Why you ask, because the temps are going down to between high of -30 to a low of -70 lol. this is in Minnesota USA

Yea, though I walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

Psalm 23:4

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#2 - 2014-01-03 20:34:56 UTC
minnesota is the American tundra. every year I wonder why I still live here. lol
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#3 - 2014-01-03 21:29:07 UTC
And here I am thinking about going to Canada

The Drake is a Lie

Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-01-03 21:43:16 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
And here I am thinking about going to Canada

Icestorms and hundreds of thousands of people without electricity? Where do I sign up?

I might have to queue a very long skill, though.

Blink
Jove Death
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-01-03 22:50:12 UTC
meh in the uk if we have 5 mm of snow we think the world is going to end

Quoting "you will die" in EvE is fail Chars dont die in EvE. Unless you have a heart attack eek.

Leju
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-01-03 23:16:33 UTC
Ray Malukker wrote:
All schools were ordered closed till at least jan 7th. Why you ask, because the temps are going down to between high of -30 to a low of -70 lol. this is in Minnesota USA

That fahrenheit or celsius?
Ray Malukker
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-01-03 23:29:42 UTC
Leju wrote:
Ray Malukker wrote:

That fahrenheit or celsius?

Fahrenheit

Yea, though I walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

Psalm 23:4

Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#8 - 2014-01-04 03:24:42 UTC
Yup its a stupid cold 57F here in Florida.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#9 - 2014-01-04 04:48:31 UTC
57 is bikini weather up here.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2014-01-04 07:02:14 UTC
UK isn't as cold but we have had horizontal rail for the last month.
mr ed thehouseofed
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-01-04 07:24:09 UTC
perth australia 24 c about 75 f. its summer Shocked monday 100 f tho X

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Malaclypse Muscaria
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-01-04 09:02:39 UTC
I'm from southern Europe, I thrive under a hot scorching sun, dressing as lightly possible.

Whenever I'm exposed to temperatures below 0 C I turn into a total wuss, hide under my bed and refuse to go outside.

I seriously cannot fathom living around -30 to -70. That sounds like science fiction to me.

I can't even understand how civilization ever developed at those latitudes, particularly back when there was no heating technology. Really, what were Scandinavians thinking, did they hate life so much they figured they would go up north and make themselves as miserable as possible under such cold temperatures?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2014-01-04 15:23:27 UTC
Malaclypse Muscaria wrote:
I'm from southern Europe, I thrive under a hot scorching sun, dressing as lightly possible.

Whenever I'm exposed to temperatures below 0 C I turn into a total wuss, hide under my bed and refuse to go outside.

I seriously cannot fathom living around -30 to -70. That sounds like science fiction to me.

I can't even understand how civilization ever developed at those latitudes, particularly back when there was no heating technology. Really, what were Scandinavians thinking, did they hate life so much they figured they would go up north and make themselves as miserable as possible under such cold temperatures?

Well you cant fight the ice giants in the med.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#14 - 2014-01-04 17:05:48 UTC

we nords have a racial trait that grants us 50% resistance to cold. don't you know anything?

it's like 10F at the moment but it's supposed to start dropping before too long to like -20F as a low today/tonight. basically it's going to be like what Kurt Russell and the oatmeal/diabeetus guy were dealing with up in the artic in "the thing."

minus the weird mutating alien bloodborne pathogen critter.
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#15 - 2014-01-06 12:35:49 UTC
-29 F this morning. I was surprised that my van started. However, the drivers door didn't want to close properly so I got to listen to the *ding, ding, ding* all the way to work at the public school building where I'm considered "essential personnel" so I had to work today and I'll be in the building in misery because I forgot to bring my coffee but I stopped at my local convenience store and bought two Mountain Dew Kickstarters and two Starbucks Frappacino's so I'll have a little bit of caffeine to keep me warm while I sit around hoping that the heating system doesn't crap out and turn my building into a glacier.

God, I love being a Minnesotan.

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-01-06 13:19:50 UTC
I got in the car about an hour ago, and the thermometer read 13 degrees Celsius. Shocked

Seems like early spring in the Dutchlands.

Time to get rid of the winter tires again. P
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#17 - 2014-01-06 13:22:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai

-30º F and -70º F equal to -34º to -56º Centigrades. The absolute lowest record in my country are -32º C, and that was in the worst cold wave ever, in 1956, and at a mountain lake 2,000 meters above sea level.

So, as yet another southern European, I can tell you why people lives up there in the cold: everywhere else was already taken.Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#18 - 2014-01-06 13:32:04 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

-30º F and -70º F equal to -34º to -56º Centigrades. The absolute lowest record in my country are -32º C, and that was in the worst cold wave ever, in 1956, and at a mountain lake 2,000 meters above sea level.

So, as yet another southern European, I can tell you why people lives up there in the cold: everywhere else was already taken.Lol

Like I told you yesterday, Ish. We Minnesotans offset this dire cold by having miserably hot humid summers. Shocked

Everything in moderation. We even enjoy bland tastless foods while we endure.

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#19 - 2014-01-06 16:41:57 UTC
Random McNally wrote:

Like I told you yesterday, Ish. We Minnesotans offset this dire cold by having miserably hot humid summers. Shocked

don't forget more mosquitoes per capita than costa rica! Blink
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#20 - 2014-01-06 16:44:08 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
Random McNally wrote:

don't forget more mosquitoes per capita than costa rica! Blink

The Minnesota State Bird. The Mosquito. How could I forget that.....

Best thing is that during the winter, they're easy to see since they're all wearing parkas.

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

12Next page