These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Best/Worst New Feature in 2013

Author
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-01-02 16:21:06 UTC
Best: Suspect timer in hi-sec for Bastion Mode.
Worst: Loot spew coupled with the release of the frequency tables (makes the spew part pointless)

CCP has added a fair amount of new PvP risks/opportunities in hi-sec. This is a good thing.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Plug in Baby
Broken Hearts Love Chocolate
#42 - 2014-01-02 16:27:40 UTC
Best: Warp Changes, honourable mention to HAC buff.

Worst: The fact that a change to warp speed was the best change over the past year.

Seriously if I had spent ~200€ for that I'd be pissed. I pay PLEX however so I just have SomerGate(s) to be pissed about.

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#43 - 2014-01-02 16:42:35 UTC
Best: introduction of Clone Soldier tags

Worst: Loot spew from exploration sites.
Noriko Mai
#44 - 2014-01-02 17:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
Best: Warp speed
Worst: Loot spew, hacking minigame

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-01-02 19:10:40 UTC
Best: marauder changes, and continuing tiericide in general.

Worst: loot spew.

Some of the other comments here are pretty funny I must say. Complaints about the definition of the word "expansion", as if that has any bearing on anything. Whether or not something counts as new content. Part of me hopes CCP will read this thread, see all the loot spew hate, and actually admit their mistake and get rid of it. But part of me wants them to stay away so they don't see the foolishness and absurd sense of entitlement so many are displaying.
Alt Two
Caldari Capital Construction Inc.
#46 - 2014-01-03 00:04:47 UTC
Best: Warp speed changes.
Worst: CCP printing ISK for SOMER.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#47 - 2014-01-03 00:57:19 UTC
Best: Personal deployable structures.

Worst: Loot spooge / crappy hacking game.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#48 - 2014-01-03 06:40:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Katran Luftschreck
Best: Crimewatch overhaul. Long overdue, actually well-done, and hey they even included a legitimate dueling mechanic for newbies who just want to try PvP without getting lolblapped by fifty zip-encrusted dickheads camping a jetcan in front of the starter station 23/7. Which is to say, holy crap something designed to retain new players instead of sending them back to WoW in tears? It's almost like CCP wants to *gasp* stay in business more than they want to pander to a tiny bunch of malignant sociopaths. But that's crazy talk, right?

Worst: Drones. CCP, put down the drones and step away from the keyboard. You are hereby officially banned from doing anything to drones until further notice. Now we know that your ultimate dream is to remove all drones from the game entirely and replace them with manned fighters, all of which will require a paid subscription to fly, thus forcing all drone pilots to multibox six account at once. Dream on, Hildar.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#49 - 2014-01-03 07:07:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
Best: mobile tractor unit (makes contract salvaging a breeze, adds new tricks for pirates to trick mission runners into losing ships)

Worst: not porting to OpenGL. But seriously, hacking mini game and loot spew. The hacking minigame is not multiplayer, there's no competitive aspect (besides sitting your uncloaked ship in space for a while to allow pirates to shoot you), and the game is no more entertaining than a page full of checkboxes.
Kristina Rin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#50 - 2014-01-03 08:13:58 UTC
worst: hacking minigame ...

2014 !!!

Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#51 - 2014-01-03 11:27:09 UTC
new warp speed changes is fun
exiting warp at near stand still is not fun
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#52 - 2014-01-03 13:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Best: HAC changes

Worst: loot spew mechanics

Agree loot spew is the worst game mechanic to date.

My favorite is the preset probe formations. I'm also partial to the new Mauraders. Kinda validates the rediculous amount of time I spent getting BS5.
Erin Crawford
#53 - 2014-01-03 14:06:48 UTC
SpaceSaft wrote:
Worst: The new "hacking"

Nobody wanted it, nobody needs it, it doesn't serve any purpose except giving CCP the excuse of having put something into the game that wasn't in it before and claiming it's "new"and it's way too simplistic. I want a proper minigame not some mindless clickfest.

Best: ISIS

Very nice. I'm looking forward to the different kinds of nice looking tech trees CCP can build with it now that the big chunk of the work is done.

pretty much this.

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Bibosikus
Aliastra
#54 - 2014-01-03 19:00:00 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Best: HAC changes

Worst: loot spew mechanics

I F%ck*ng definitely +1 this.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Previous page123