These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thirty plus Procurer botlike armada in Osmon ice belts.

First post
Author
Chicknhawk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-01-03 16:09:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Chicknhawk
Dave Stark wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Jason Xado wrote:
Multiboxing is valid gameplay.

Well if he multiboxed in a system with low population, there would be no problems. But that conscienceless inconsiderate of others parasite multiboxes in very high population system, he is not alone in there yet he acts as whole system's ice belongs to him.

see, we're back to whining again.

and ironically; you're acting like all the ice belongs to you.

are you a multiboxer yourself, why you even advocating for that parasite? You havent even been to that system, you'd see lots of very uhappy folks in there, he messes everyone's cycle times and leaves them with nothing. Just fly to Osmon and spend some time with the people in ice belts in there.

i haven't advocated for that 'parasite' once. i've just pointed out you're whining.

i've been to osmon many times. the fact it's full of whiners is relevant how?

Since when asking for justice and fairness is considered to be whining?
Neo Kathura
Doomheim
#42 - 2014-01-03 16:10:52 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Why you even advocating for that parasite? You havent even been to that system, you'd see lots of very uhappy folks in there, he messes everyone's cycle times and leaves them with nothing. Just fly to Osmon and spend some time with the people in ice belts in there.
We don't care about the unhappy folks. Not even a little bit.
If he's mining out all the belts though, then he's dropping the price of ice which is good for everyone that doesn't mine it.
This is why if we are going to benefit from getting rid of him, great! If not, then we don't care about your tears (unless of course we are generating them, which is always good).
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#43 - 2014-01-03 16:12:06 UTC
Tears, huh.

Well that's interesting I guess.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dave Stark
#44 - 2014-01-03 16:13:02 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Since when asking for justice and fairness is considered to be a whining?

considering that's not what you're doing; it's irrelevant.

you want the ice? mine it first.
Coffin Packer
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-01-03 16:18:08 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
Well I'm bored so I'm heading over there in a 9km/sec Coercer to bump some of them:)

I would really like to see that fit Bear
Chicknhawk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-01-03 16:21:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Chicknhawk
Dave Stark wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

Heh? Dont matter that multiboxer is online 24/7, mining first doesnt help either, attempted various methods trying to move to other belts and put enough distance between him and myself, takes him little over minute or two to mine out 140 strong ice rock.
Only way out is for him to leave the system and find some ice belts in low populated system. One guy is screwing hundreds of people out of their ice.
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#47 - 2014-01-03 16:22:12 UTC
Certainly.

[Coercer, Bumper]
Reactor Control Unit II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 200

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Plus an 03 Acceleration implant = 9050m/s
Without it's a lowly 8800
(That's with heat ofc)

Costs about 6mill

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Dave Stark
#48 - 2014-01-03 16:23:25 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:

Heh? Dont matter that multiboxer is online 24/7, mining first doesnt help either, attempted various methods trying to move to other belts and put enough distance between him and myself, takes him little over minute or two to mine out 140 strong ice rock.
Only way out is for him to leave the system and find some ice belts in low populated system. One guy is screwing hundreds of people out of their ice.

if it's their ice, why is it in his hangar?
Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#49 - 2014-01-03 16:23:47 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Chicknhawk wrote:
Name of the game is attrition, freighters are very expensive to replace, once you kill enough of them, that insolent exploiter will leave Osmon for good.

So while you poor miners have nothing to do because he got all the ice, why don't you stay up to the guy, take the piles of AFK ISK you earned before and suicide gank that freighter? If you need some advice how to do this I am sure we can help you.

You could also start to bump his mining ships out of range. This way you don't lose sec status.
http://www.minerbumping.com/p/become-agent.html

If you really want to gank his ships, start by learning how the game works:
http://www.minerbumping.com/p/blog-page.html

And believe me when I tell you it will be fun for a change.

Help us to save highsec. thank you for your time.

Interesting information. Thank you. New Order pilots still active? Problem is most miners got tail between their legs when it comes to action, cant even organize worth damn even in their own interests.

Yes we are more active than ever.

Someone has to take the initiative you can wait until someone else does and nothing will ever happen or you can do it yourself.

Get yourself a bumper ship and start bumping the bot's ships out of range, an example setup for a stabber can be found in the page I linked you. Share the setup with your miner friends and encourage them to help you bump his ships.
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#50 - 2014-01-03 16:46:27 UTC
The naivete in the OP (and his followup posts) is heartwarming.

Reminds me of when I was mining in an exequror, saving up to buy an incursus bpo so I could "make it rich". Then when I finally saved enough to buy the blueprint, and start producing, I found I was losing about 100k on every 200k sale.

In other words, quit rubbing pennies together, expecting gold coins to appear, OP

To further simplify:

You are doing it wrong.

40 million....how long did it take you to earn that?

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-01-03 16:47:59 UTC
Chicknhawk wrote:
you'd see lots of very uhappy folks in there, he messes everyone's cycle times and leaves them with nothing.

If he's making unhappy people then he's creating content. Give the man a medal.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Bibosikus
Aliastra
#52 - 2014-01-03 16:56:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Bibosikus
Well, to get back to the nub of it - out of boredom I've flown over to Osmon to see for myself.

There are 40 multi-boxed Procurers laying waste to these ice rocks. It's easily the most intensive multi-toon operation I've ever seen. I can't tell yet whether they're bots but if they're all on 24/7 then clearly they are.

Osmon Botters

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Sister of Pain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2014-01-03 17:19:37 UTC
A speedy Machariel can keep the freighter(s) out of transfer range and shut the whole Borg operation down. Bring a friend or alt in something smaller to keep the freighter from aligning while you set up your next bump, and that hoovers day is over. He's not going to jetcan, and if he does, then think ahead by dropping secure cans at all the nearby gates to alert the flippers to a free meal.

Pain is inevitable, but the suffering is optional.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  Locked. - CCP Falcon

Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2014-01-03 17:21:27 UTC
40 mil? thats a bargin! That could get me 4 catalyst which probs cant gank tanked procurers.
I think you have to put alot more into it of you actually want somebody seriously going after it. Well you could aswell just get like 8BS with large smartbombs and then warp ontop of the mining fleet and just watch how hillarious it will turn out.
looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3FpIyNo6tM
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#55 - 2014-01-03 17:26:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Sister of Pain wrote:
A speedy Machariel can keep the freighter(s) out of transfer range and shut the whole Borg operation down. Bring a friend or alt in something smaller to keep the freighter from aligning while you set up your next bump, and that hoovers day is over. He's not going to jetcan, and if he does, then think ahead by dropping secure cans at all the nearby gates to alert the flippers to a free meal.
He might just resort to hauling full proc loads though. It's easy enough to do if he's using isboxer, and each full dock would be 480 units of ice. It would only slow him down. What you need is a fleet of bumpers pulling off the biggest bump on record, each having a miner and bumping them repeatedly out of the belt, then out of alignment. Could be an amazing fraps moment.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Sister of Pain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2014-01-03 17:41:11 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Sister of Pain wrote:
He might just resort to hauling full proc loads though. It's easy enough to do if he's using isboxer, and each full dock would be 480 units of ice. It would only slow him down. What you need is a fleet of bumpers pulling off the biggest bump on record, each having a miner and bumping them repeatedly out of the belt, then out of alignment. Could be an amazing fraps moment.

Then all he would have to do is orbit the Proc's and that option goes away too. (You might get a couple of them, but if they aren't sitting still, then trying to bump them just won't work out)

Making him dock all those and dump them every 6 mins (assuming T2's, Yeti's, and max orca bonuses) will take quite a bit of ice out of his overall yield per belt which is exactly wheat is needed to put him in the red with 40 active subs to plex.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  Locked. - CCP Falcon

Dave Stark
#57 - 2014-01-03 17:46:38 UTC
Sister of Pain wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Sister of Pain wrote:

Then all he would have to do is orbit the Proc's and that option goes away too. (You might get a couple of them, but if they aren't sitting still, then trying to bump them just won't work out)

Making him dock all those and dump them every 6 mins (assuming T2's, Yeti's, and max orca bonuses) will take quite a bit of ice out of his overall yield per belt which is exactly wheat is needed to put him in the red with 40 active subs to plex.

considering a high sec ice belt is 2500 units of ice / 12 units per ship = 209 procurer's worth of ice... that's only 7 dock ups, that's not a massive amount. and that's assuming he doesn't manage to get any in his orca/freighter at all.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#58 - 2014-01-03 17:56:13 UTC
You know what would fix this?

Cargo hold ore/ice siphons.

Instead of making mining a "mini game", as was done to hacking and analyzing, let the players be the mini game.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Sister of Pain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-01-03 18:04:10 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Instead of making mining a "mini game", as was done to hacking and analyzing, let the players be the mini game.

I think a siphon high slot module would be a better idea. Big smile

To protect your cargo hold, a low slot module would need to be fitted instead of MLU/IHU's.

Dave Stark
#60 - 2014-01-03 18:14:17 UTC
Sister of Pain wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

I think a siphon high slot module would be a better idea. Big smile

To protect your cargo hold, a low slot module would need to be fitted instead of MLU/IHU's.

alternatively, blow it up and scoop the loot.