These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Should we buff named guns?

First post
Author
Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-01-03 01:19:14 UTC
It seems that officer guns don't get respect, should they be allowed to use t2 ammo?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2014-01-03 01:25:18 UTC
F&I & Search are your friends.
Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-03 01:28:47 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
F&I & Search are your friends.

Do you agree that named guns should be significantly better than t2?
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#4 - 2014-01-03 01:35:57 UTC
Did they remove actual named guns (meta <= 4) or are you specifically referring to faction and officer guns? IMO, meta >= T2 should be able to use T2 ammo. That said, F&I is probably a good plan for this. :)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-01-03 03:39:24 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Did they remove actual named guns (meta <= 4) or are you specifically referring to faction and officer guns? IMO, meta >= T2 should be able to use T2 ammo. That said, F&I is probably a good plan for this. :)

-Liang

Why?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#6 - 2014-01-03 03:40:51 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Why?

Because this is a Feature and/or an Idea

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-01-03 03:54:50 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Why?

Heh. I know you know that's not what I was asking.

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-01-03 04:54:42 UTC
officer guns, and begrudgingly faction, SHOULD be allowed T2, if only because there is literally no practical reason to ever use either of them

though to be better than T2 they (or at elast officer) would have to benefit from T2 gun spec skills.

But hey, anything to put an extra couple bil on that incursion of null-ratting ship piloted by someone dumb enough to usr them.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#9 - 2014-01-03 04:56:17 UTC
WOW OP U JUST KEEP POOPIN OUT THEM THREADS DONTCHA?
IT'S LIKE SOME KINDA CLOWNCAR BUT ALL TEH CLOWNS ARE BROWN
YEAH

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Pipa Porto
#10 - 2014-01-03 05:38:31 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

Why?

Heh. I know you know that's not what I was asking.

You know I know he knows but do you know he knows I know, ya know?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-01-03 05:39:56 UTC
Thread derailed.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#12 - 2014-01-03 06:24:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
Knights Armament wrote:
It seems that officer guns don't get respect, should they be allowed to use t2 ammo?

No. Faction guns should be buffed so that they do the same paper DPS as T2 guns+ ammo, but with faction ammo instead. Officer guns should do the same but with even more DPS.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#13 - 2014-01-03 06:34:28 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:

No. Faction guns should be buffed so that they do the same paper DPS as T2 guns+ ammo, but with faction ammo instead. Officer guns should do the same but with even more DPS.

yeah, officer ammo

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

jackncoke
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-01-03 06:37:22 UTC
Just train T2 guns pubbie
Ritsum
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-01-03 06:37:44 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:

No. Officer guns should be buffed so that they do the same DPS as T2 guns+ ammo, but with faction ammo instead.

could also give them different stats for each officer... Like one for added range, one for tracking, one for rate of fire etc...

Would make them a lot more useful apart from just being bling.

lol j/k

Though I never really got the whole idea of faction/officer turrets/launchers... so expensive and so easily replaced by some training...

I understand the other faction/officer modules in which they have lower cpu/pg requirements and/or training requirements as well as having either better stats or stats equal to that of T2 but I just don't understand faction/officer guns at all... T2/meta4 ftw.

Play EvE how you want to play it and do not let others dictate how you play. Evolve your playstyle to protect yourself from others! Even in "PVE", "PVP" is there, lurking in the shadows.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#16 - 2014-01-03 06:47:28 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:

So… they don't really need to be touched at all then, since they already do pretty much that?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#17 - 2014-01-03 06:51:47 UTC
Yeah, the officer ones are pretty good actually. The faction ones should be buffed to be as good as officer ones and the officer ones need to be even better.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#18 - 2014-01-03 07:10:12 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
WOW OP U JUST KEEP POOPIN OUT THEM THREADS DONTCHA?
IT'S LIKE SOME KINDA CLOWNCAR BUT ALL TEH CLOWNS ARE BROWN YEAH

Hmm... lemme go over the list.

Eyebleeding All Caps? Check!
Depressing Illiteracy? Check!
Leetard Speak? Check!
12 Year Old Poop Humor? Check!
Contributes Nothing to Life in General Thread? Check!

Five out of five stars!

Congratulations!

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#19 - 2014-01-03 07:24:57 UTC
Ritsum wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:

No. Officer guns should be buffed so that they do the same DPS as T2 guns+ ammo, but with faction ammo instead.

could also give them different stats for each officer... Like one for added range, one for tracking, one for rate of fire etc...

Would make them a lot more useful apart from just being bling.

lol j/k

Though I never really got the whole idea of faction/officer turrets/launchers... so expensive and so easily replaced by some training...

I understand the other faction/officer modules in which they have lower cpu/pg requirements and/or training requirements as well as having either better stats or stats equal to that of T2 but I just don't understand faction/officer guns at all... T2/meta4 ftw.

Apparently officers are terrible at training for T2 guns because they're NPCs, so they just modify the meta4 guns the others use

And then silly capsuleers take these and go oohh ahhh purple

Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-01-03 09:56:36 UTC
officer guns are a personal way of saying
"hey I am ****** with too much isk that cannot fly this ship properly yet "

so therefore.
Officer guns work out just fine.

Skill T2 scrub.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

12Next page