These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#141 - 2014-01-03 00:48:56 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

Now if someone chooses to not follow advice and wants to learn on their own, fine, thats their choice, and in EVE that attitude can get you far.
But if they dont want the advice in the first place they should not ask for it.

It's all about presentation and how the info / advice is delivered.

When the info / advice is presented with sarcastic demeaning negative remarks it's nothing more than an aggressive attack to which the usual response is to take a defensive aggressive stance.

When that info / advice is presented with friendly encouraging positive remarks it is quickly accepted and retained. Those who give advice should always reflect upon these phrases first before posting.

Do unto others as you would have those do unto you.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Etc, etc, etc.

DMC

Or the other way around.

People reply in respect to how the question is asked.

If the same question is asked twice, the first time in a way that shows the person did his research, is open to suggestions and advice and in general comes across as friendly and mature. And then another time by someone who expects handholding, blames everybody and everything but himself and claims everybody is wrong but him.

Which one do you think gets the friendly replies andnwhich one gets the agressive replies.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2014-01-03 02:04:58 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

Or the other way around.

If the same question is asked twice, the first time in a way that shows the person did his research, is open to suggestions and advice and in general comes across as friendly and mature. And then another time by someone who expects handholding, blames everybody and everything but himself and claims everybody is wrong but him.

Which one do you think gets the friendly replies andnwhich one gets the agressive replies.

Since this is EVE New Citizens Q&A sub-forum I expect both to get the same treatment of friendly helpful replies.

Older players know better and in my opinion if they post anything else here then they need to be hit with the ban hammer.

New players don't have the experience nor the knowledge which is the reason for this sub-forum. Some players can easily become frustrated after trying and failing. As for researching info, that alone is an arduous task and often takes a lot of time with very little results.

Hell, I had already been playing this game for a couple of years and it took me months to gather all of the information when I wrote the Faction Standing Repair Plan.

DMC
J'Poll
Caldari State
#143 - 2014-01-03 08:51:51 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

Or the other way around.

Since this is EVE New Citizens Q&A sub-forum I expect both to get the same treatment of friendly helpful replies.

Older players know better and in my opinion if they post anything else here then they need to be hit with the ban hammer.

New players don't have the experience nor the knowledge which is the reason for this sub-forum. Some players can easily become frustrated after trying and failing. As for researching info, that alone is an arduous task and often takes a lot of time with very little results.

Hell, I had already been playing this game for a couple of years and it took me months to gather all of the information when I wrote the Faction Standing Repair Plan.

DMC

Well 2 things about this thread.

1. It started in GD and then got moved here. IMO they should have moved it to CP.

2. If you look. Peo0pe started off with nice and good advice, only to be a called names by the OP because he didnt like the advice he was hearing. As NC said, if you dont want to listen to others....dont come and ask for help.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#144 - 2014-01-04 12:09:03 UTC
If you cant afford to lose a ship, dont undock it. Anywhere.

Until your understanding of EVE makes you safe from most easy griefs and such, join another corp and learn from them.

After that go into a NPC corp to save up cash for PvP ships for your corp and put everybody in a variety of T1 cruisers. Then group back together and see these "l33t" high-sec pvp-ers run.
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#145 - 2014-01-04 16:13:55 UTC
I still think the best advice in this thread was to drop your corp and join a different one until you know how to deal with these types of situations.

Having said that you can continue down the hard road of being a newb running a corp of newbs and seek out mercenaries to assist you, move to low sec, or deal with it in some other way. Generally though I would probably try and avoid calling people cowards unless you are trying to get them to fight you.

Either way I think there is probably enough decent advice in this thread to just call it a day (except I can't walk away! it is too good!).
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#146 - 2014-01-04 22:34:45 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil! This goes both ways by the way.

The rules:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

18. New player bashing will not be tolerated.

New members of the EVE Online community are encouraged to use, but are not restricted to the EVE New Citizens Q&A forum. This forum is specifically designed to provide a platform for those who are new to the EVE community to ask questions and learn more about EVE. More experienced forum users are encouraged to participate by assisting new players with helpful and courteous responses. All flaming, trolling and posts of a derogatory nature will be deleted, and will be considered a severe breach of the forum rules.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

dilly nay
State War Academy
Caldari State
#147 - 2014-01-05 03:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: dilly nay
ISD Ezwal wrote:
rules

Rule #4 = Do not set out to attack(insult) a player..
Rule #5 = Do not set out to insult(attack) a player.
Rule #18 = Do not insult(attack) "new" players.
Rule #3 = Do not go off on a tangent as it is a source for angry comments provoking further violation to Rules # 4, 5 and 18

but here's the kicker...

Rule #2 = Be courteous(dont attack/insult).

Does stating the same thing over and over appear a bit redundant to anybody else?

If so, and im just making an observation here, but is this redundancy not the result of a power rant and thus violating Rule #3?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2014-01-06 07:31:58 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

1. It started in GD and then got moved here. IMO they should have moved it to CP.

2. If you look. Peo0pe started off with nice and good advice, only to be a called names by the OP because he didnt like the advice he was hearing. As NC said, if you dont want to listen to others....dont come and ask for help.

1. Doesn't matter where the thread originally started.

2. What I saw was a lot of so called Vet's posting sarcastic remarks intended to demean and belittle the OP.

NC is incorrect which I already addressed earlier in the thread.

DMC
J'Poll
Caldari State
#149 - 2014-01-06 08:59:32 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

2. What I saw was a lot of so called Vet's posting sarcastic remarks intended to demean and belittle the OP.

DMC

You do know that reposting stuff that got deleted is against the rules.

And talking about wanting to hqve the last say in a discussion.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#150 - 2014-01-06 13:08:42 UTC
Wow you people are weak minded....

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Deviled Egg
Caldari State
#151 - 2014-01-06 22:09:41 UTC
I was pointed to this thread from a newbie chat channel, as it was said there was good advice here.

After reading the whole thread, and being a new-ish player myself, I thought I'd give my impressions of the thread as a whole.

At first, I was inclined to feel for the OP, as he was trying to help new players learn the game, and was having issues with wardeccers.

However, by around page 3 my attitude had changed, since so many people had given great advice and were ignored by the OP.

Seriously, the advice given throughout this thread should be copy/pasted somewhere. I believe if more new CEO's would adhere to it, the overall level of gameplay within Eve would rise as strategies and tactics would have to be developed to deal with the advice here.

But, back to my impressions. By page 3 my attitude towards the OP was certainly negative, as his abusive and/or defensive attitude towards those who posted continued, and the best case scenario for anyone who did post would be limited to being ignored completely by the very person who asked for help in the first place.

By the end of the thread, where this very post appears, my attitude is now one of profiteering, and furthering my own enjoyment at the expense of someone else.

The OP's original attitude, though it might have changed a bit as he sobered up through the thread, has made me decide to create an alt on an alt account, and maybe more than 1, with the sole purpose being to infiltrate and/or annihilate the OP's corporation.

I am not saying this as a threat, or in any way trolling, but merely pointing out the impressions I got as I read through this thread. It should serve as a warning to posters that what you post can and many times will have repercussions outside the forums themselves.

Just a heads up. Have fun all!

o7
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#152 - 2014-01-06 22:28:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Deviled Egg wrote:
By the end of the thread, where this very post appears, my attitude is now one of profiteering, and furthering my own enjoyment at the expense of someone else.
I like this one, can we keep him?
Quote:
It should serve as a warning to posters that what you post can and many times will have repercussions outside the forums themselves.
Speak to Cannibal Kane, you should, his speciality, this is.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#153 - 2014-01-07 04:25:57 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

You do know that reposting stuff that got deleted is against the rules.

And talking about wanting to hqve the last say in a discussion.

Nothing wrong with that reply.

And yes, thanks for proving the statement about always having the last word.

Deviled Egg wrote:
I was pointed to this thread from a newbie chat channel, as it was said there was good advice here.

After reading the whole thread, and being a new-ish player myself, I thought I'd give my impressions of the thread as a whole.

........Stuff...........

Just a heads up. Have fun all!

o7

Alt character of somebody's main detected.

DMC
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#154 - 2014-01-07 04:41:39 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking it was that other kind of alt.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#155 - 2014-01-07 04:53:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
double post

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Deviled Egg
Caldari State
#156 - 2014-01-07 18:14:27 UTC
You guys are funny.

Of course I posted as an alt. The whole point of my post was to illustrate how one's posts to a forum can impact you inside Eve itself. To post with my main would be to not take my own advice. Pirate

Anyway, I do hope the OP gets help...both in Eve and maybe an attitude check.

I also hope this thread serves as a warning to people who have a tendency to post before counting to ten. Cool

From a personal perspective, I've taken notes from the advice given here for if and when I ever decide to start my own corp.

Thanks to all who posted.

Fly Safe

o7
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#157 - 2014-01-07 20:10:17 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Iria Ahrens wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking it was that other kind of alt.

Can't tell if serious or sarcastic. Gonna go with the latter due to the remark about 'other kind of alt'.

By the way, that was posted for the benefit of new players. Also I'd like to remind you that not all characters in NPC corp's are alts..

Deviled Egg wrote:
You guys are funny.

Of course I posted as an alt. The whole point of my post was to illustrate how one's posts to a forum can impact you inside Eve itself. To post with my main would be to not take my own advice. Pirate

Anyway, I do hope the OP gets help...both in Eve and maybe an attitude check.

I also hope this thread serves as a warning to people who have a tendency to post before counting to ten. Cool

From a personal perspective, I've taken notes from the advice given here for if and when I ever decide to start my own corp.

Thanks to all who posted.

Fly Safe

o7
'Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.'

So the actual truth is that one of the so called Vet's posting here decided to create an alt, lied and tried to metagame this thread as well as incite griefing and harassment towards the OP. Wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one self proclaimed 'Vet' doing that..

It's sad that this is the usual Modus Operandi in these forums, easily done due to hiding behind the anonymity of the Keyboard.

Heh, besides being a total fail, gotta say the usual meme = Post with your main or HTFU.

As for the attitude check, seems to me that advice applies to everyone who's posted in this thread, including myself. Wow, I didn't even count to 10 before posting that.

Big smile

DMC
Deviled Egg
Caldari State
#158 - 2014-01-07 20:28:20 UTC
Ok, I like that. Throw rocks, fun fun!

I am what I said, I am a new-ish player, not a vet hiding. However, that doesn't keep me from making an alt to post with, for the reasons I said.

As for inciting something against the OP, I honestly don't care one way or the other. I just wanted to emphasize the risk, which I did.

Oh, and as for some vets being in NPC corps, that may be true, but this alt was created a very very short time ago, as anyone can see by simply checking my employment history.

Sometimes anonimity on these boards serves a purpose, such as allowing the poster to post without repurcussions, which is why I did so. Of course, other people may have more insidious reasons.

I think you're reading way too much into my post, but that is your prerogotive.

Happy trails, and may all your muffins be buttered! Cool
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#159 - 2014-01-07 21:40:49 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Ahhh, no rocks, just an observation.

The employment history doesn't mean much at all, especially since accounts have 3 different character slots available. Granted your character was created on 2014.01.05 @ 09:34 but that doesn't mean it's a brand new account. What I find ironic is your forum history only shows posted replies in this thread.

Gotta say your reply sounds a lot like a Vet trying to maintain the facade of being a brand new player. Seems to me this is just more web weaving.

Brand new players don't know about or even think about creating an alt character for posting in the forums in order to bypass 'repercussions', especially since they don't expect any 'repercussions' to happen. Usually that's advice gained from another forum user after being active for a while.

However, it's definitely common knowledge to a forum Vet. Some will create a forum alt real quickly just to avoid 'repercussions' due to their posting habits while others simply do it to validate their main characters replies, IE, metagame the forums..

Anyway, in my opinion this thread is done.

DMC
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#160 - 2014-01-07 22:29:34 UTC
Thread has devolved into ranting and trolling, both of which are banned under forum rules. Thread locked.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL