These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High sec pirates and mission runners, be aware of this tactic.

First post First post
Author
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#81 - 2014-01-02 19:28:17 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
Try harder with your hair slicing Pipa. You are pathetic.

Try not to be so obviously mad.
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#82 - 2014-01-02 19:36:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
By your definition the guy who warped into my mission in Osmon last night tryign to bait me into getting killed was griefing me. He wasn't, he was just playing the game like I was.

Jenn, I'm not really disagreeing with anything you're saying per se. I'm just trying to draw attention to the hypocrisy and double standard promoted by many our more "hardcore" players. These people lecture carebears on risk, implying that they're brave risk takers themselves. In reality, many of these same players have learned to be "successful" by consistently putting nearly NOTHING on the line. What does this guy have to lose? His covops? Please.
Ginger Barbarella
#83 - 2014-01-02 19:38:11 UTC
Jesus, let it go already...

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Mag's
Azn Empire
#84 - 2014-01-02 19:41:21 UTC
Playing Eve by the rules makes you a sociopath, just as playing chess makes you a murderer. It all makes perfect sense.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#85 - 2014-01-02 19:43:58 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Playing Eve by the rules makes you a sociopath, just as playing chess makes you a murderer. It all makes perfect sense.

CCP employees are barred from engaging in a wide range of gameplay styles. Explain Question
Mag's
Azn Empire
#86 - 2014-01-02 19:44:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Carmen Electra wrote:
Mag's wrote:

CCP employees are barred from engaging in a wide range of gameplay styles. Explain Question
You must be new here. Welcome to Eve.

Oh yea, the explanation. Because they decide they would prefer players to not have the chance at moaning about that, as well as everything else they b*tch and moan about? I mean here we are talking about people playing by the games rules, being labelled sociopaths and you question why?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
#87 - 2014-01-02 19:46:46 UTC
Mag's wrote:

Been playing since 2003. You?
Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#88 - 2014-01-02 19:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Also, you kids, in addition to having no decent arguments to support the ability of others to steal mission required items, are still failing to comprehend the fact that people are going to have to be aware of all the nuances of this specific COSMOS mission in order to defend against people who are in the system 24/7, assuming the ever-present alts for some reason give up on trying to find you before downtime. They would have to know the rewards and know that they wouldn't be able to reset the mission and try again, like you can in most mission. That you get one chance at the item and that you can't reset it on downtime. People aren't going to be aware of these nuances until it happens to them or they happen to read about it on the forums somehow, and that is one more reason why griefers will take advantage of it and why it needs to go or at least come with a warning attached that players will try to steal it or destroy it. First of all, why should the game reward sociopaths who prey on others lack of knowledge with zero risk to themselves while the victim is punished so severely?

How do you think a newer player, who played the game casually and was building their standings slowly, doing cosmos missions casually without researching every little thing about each one them first, would feel if they got ****** over like that because of some mundane mechanic that is of no benefit to the game whatsoever? A zero risk, low investment venture out of someone who is likely to be a sociopath effectively robs the culmination of reward of what was likely countless hours spent raising standings.

A sociopath is naturally going to defend their environment they have been drawn to, but the rest of you defending this imbalanced mechanic are only hurting your own game.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#89 - 2014-01-02 19:48:33 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Been playing since 2003. You?
Oh dear.

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#90 - 2014-01-02 19:49:29 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
I'm just trying to draw attention to the hypocrisy and double standard promoted by many our more "hardcore" players. These people lecture carebears on risk, implying that they're brave risk takers themselves. In reality, many of these same players have learned to be "successful" by consistently putting nearly NOTHING on the line.

Conversely, constantly putting T2 ships and capitals on the line for the sake of good fights and good times has a tendency to harden you up in such a way that the gripes of carebears become an irksome and tiresome "fingernails on the chalkboard" annoyance that doesn't go down particularly well. The only double standard here is the expectation of safety in an environment geared specifically to be unsafe, regardless of what you do.

The inability to accept this and compensate for it speaks ultimately to a certain level of intellectual bankruptcy; an inability to accept that there are a million and one games out there where such gripes would be welcomed and accepted and even acted upon, whereas here they are seen as challenges to a long-established and well-loved status quo.
Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#91 - 2014-01-02 20:15:02 UTC
Mag's wrote:

Being so ridiculous, how could anyone take you seriously? Begone, worm.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#92 - 2014-01-02 20:15:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Logical 101 wrote:

The inability to accept this and compensate for it speaks ultimately to a certain level of intellectual bankruptcy; an inability to accept that there are a million and one games out there where such gripes would be welcomed and accepted and even acted upon, whereas here they are seen as challenges to a long-established and well-loved status quo.

Screw a like button, this forum needs a "preach it, brother *high fives*" button. lol

From time to time I mention another game I play (Star Trek Online) and how the very design of the game is that of the standard "traditional" mmo, ie no non-consensual pvp, no 'griefing' of any kind allowed, a joke for a death penalty and so on. It's a good game in and of itself for when you just want to be left alone to play a game.

And the 'bears' of EVE screaming to be left alone in New Eden HATE STO and games like it (event hough STO was supposed to kill EVE, it was the Star Citizen of 4 years ago). They're like people who are allergic to seawater who could be partying on the dry land of the beach but who instead choose to go swimming just so they can complain to God/mothernature/whoever about how unbalanced and itchy seawater is. The 'bear' is in this case someone who wants to have their cake (EVE) and eat it to (have EVE act like a non-EVE game).

It's pure crazy to me, people jump on me when I tell people like this that the problem isn't EVE it's them, but that's just how I see it.
Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#93 - 2014-01-02 20:22:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Logical 101 wrote:
s here they are seen as challenges to a long-established and well-loved status quo.

Not really, its mostly just vocal sociopaths and angry teenagers and man-children who are trying to defend the zero risk easy gameplay that they have over the years eventually been attracted to and grown accustomed to. they have no lives and are ever present on the forums. Oh, Hi P

I used to play Darkfall, a full loot game with no safety zones and that actually required player skills and tactical use of terrain. EVE is pretty casual in terms of full loot pvp games, and its got the lowest player skill ceiling of any multiplayer game i've ever played, they even limit your character progression to be based on a timer. This game would be nearly dead if it weren't for high-sec.
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#94 - 2014-01-02 20:26:18 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's pure crazy to me, people jump on me when I tell people like this that the problem isn't EVE it's them, but that's just how I see it.

Everyone is subject to their own perspective, but often these perspectives do not take into account stark realities. As we have seen in this thread, there is a genuine (yes, genuine) section of EVE's player base that are (and have always been) unhappy with what they perceive to be the "exploitability" of this game's most basic principle, which is that there is no such thing as a "safe" environment other than being in a station and doing literally nothing. A friend lost a nice, fat mission ship last night. Did he cry about it? No. He got ganked. **** happens. That's EVE. Piracy, double-crossing, lying, murder, it's all par for the course here. And yet, we still have all these people pretending that they're playing a different game which is somehow broken. Crushing people isn't just made possible by the game's mechanics, rather, it is (to a degree) encouraged. And those who are victimized are likewise encouraged to compensate.

Nerf Burger wrote:
This game would be dead if it weren't for high-sec.

If this is the best you've got, I'd check out now.
Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#95 - 2014-01-02 20:31:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Logical 101 wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Everyone is subject to their own perspective, but often these perspectives do not take into account stark realities. As we have seen in this thread, there is a genuine (yes, genuine) section of EVE's player base that are (and have always been) unhappy with what they perceive to be the "exploitability" of this game's most basic principle, which is that there is no such thing as a "safe" environment other than being in a station and doing literally nothing. A friend lost a nice, fat mission ship last night. Did he cry about it? No. He got ganked. **** happens. That's EVE. Piracy, double-crossing, lying, murder, it's all par for the course here. And yet, we still have all these people pretending that they're playing a different game which is somehow broken. Crushing people isn't just made possible by the game's mechanics, rather, it is (to a degree) encouraged. And those who are victimized are likewise encouraged to compensate.

Nerf Burger wrote:
This game would be nearly dead if it weren't for high-sec.

If this is the best you've got, I'd check out now.

ok, I fixed it for you.

Is that the best you've got? HAHA Lol Typical.
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#96 - 2014-01-02 20:35:58 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
Is that the best you've got?

Feel free to chime in with something intelligent whenever you're up to it.
Carnaby Wakefield
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2014-01-02 20:36:28 UTC
I think what people miss is the fact that Cosmos missions unlike anything else in the game can not be repeated, sure you get your pvp ship blown..get a new one, lost the mining barge to a gank..get a new one, speculated badly on the market..ahh well better luck next week...even corp hanger got stolen by spies and your broke..np a couple of weeks work and your back in the isk.

However Cosmos mission drop stolen...hard luck you never get to repeat that mission and while your at it have a standings hit. No other effect ingame prevents you repeating something except having your mission drop stolen in Cosmos if you can't recover it or get it respawned, not everyone has 500 million isk to buy it from contracts.

Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#98 - 2014-01-02 20:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Carnaby Wakefield wrote:
I think what people miss is the fact that Cosmos missions unlike anything else in the game can not be repeated, sure you get your pvp ship blown..get a new one, lost the mining barge to a gank..get a new one, speculated badly on the market..ahh well better luck next week...even corp hanger got stolen by spies and your broke..np a couple of weeks work and your back in the isk.

However Cosmos mission drop stolen...hard luck you never get to repeat that mission and while your at it have a standings hit. No other effect ingame prevents you repeating something except having your mission drop stolen in Cosmos if you can't recover it or get it respawned, not everyone has 500 million isk to buy it from contracts.

These narrow minded clowns can't see any other perspective than their own. They actually think this is a game where disadvantaged sheep are meant to be lined up to slaughter for them at the click of a button.
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#99 - 2014-01-02 20:41:19 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
They actually think this is a game where sheep are meant to be lined up to slaughter for them at the click of a button.

If you act like sheep, yes, prepare to be converted into lamb chops.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#100 - 2014-01-02 20:44:40 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Being so ridiculous, how could anyone take you seriously? Begone, worm.
Oh I agree and was in fact being sarcastic. (In case you missed it.)

I too find it utterly ridiculous that people call those playing a game as it was designed to be played, "sociopaths".
I'm glad you agree. Big smile