These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Is nullsec solo frigate pvp pretty much dead?

Author
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-12-31 14:41:39 UTC
Nimrod vanHall wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
You'll get pointed and held until Capital support arrives...

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with killing a fly with a sledgehammer...

amen!

If Brute force is not working your not applying enough of it!

Heard a thrasher fleet got carriers dropped on it a few weeks ago. Good thing it wasn't a cruiser fleet, they might have had to drop dreds and put them into siege.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-12-31 15:01:29 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
So I am not sure if it is just me, I am just back from a 3-4 month break, before that I was away from Jan-June then back for a month or so. It feels as if the areas in which I used to roam are now "unroamable".

A little history about me before you start with the whole "adapt or die" bollocks.

Seriously. Adapt, or die.

The game has changed yet again. Hmm now let's see, how do I kill interceptors easily...

The game changes everytime I come back mate, I adapt just fine. I was merely asking if it was just me that was feeling the same.

I can easily kill an interceptor, what I can't kill is 20 of them with e-war frig support and bubbles everywhere. Which is all that exists, in every null.

i see quite a few gangs of them around but they are about 15-20% of the gang types i see in null so either we live a long way away from each other or that was gross hyperbole. They aren't even that hard to kill. The hard bit is getting them to engage.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-01-02 01:48:38 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
So I am not sure if it is just me, I am just back from a 3-4 month break, before that I was away from Jan-June then back for a month or so. It feels as if the areas in which I used to roam are now "unroamable".

A little history about me before you start with the whole "adapt or die" bollocks.

The game has changed yet again. Hmm now let's see, how do I kill interceptors easily...

The game changes everytime I come back mate, I adapt just fine. I was merely asking if it was just me that was feeling the same.

I can easily kill an interceptor, what I can't kill is 20 of them with e-war frig support and bubbles everywhere. Which is all that exists, in every null.

i see quite a few gangs of them around but they are about 15-20% of the gang types i see in null so either we live a long way away from each other or that was gross hyperbole. They aren't even that hard to kill. The hard bit is getting them to engage.

I would say at least half of the gangs I have came across in the past 4-5 days are based completely off ceptors, normally crows/maeldictions.

This is based on only a few hours of roaming though but seeing that much in a short time?

Suppose the same happened with Ishtars but that sorta fizzled out, they cost 200mil. Ceptors cost 15, so can see it taking a while.

I did ask some randoms other day what was with the ceptor blob, they basically said what is the point in flying anything else if these work fine to gank people lol. The joys \o/
Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-01-02 02:06:24 UTC
Yeah null Frig Pvp is just Ceptor blobs these days.. with mabe a ewar frig just to make it more annoying.

It has pretty much ruined Null solo pvp.. but that being said there is always Provi
Falkor1984
The Love Dragons
#25 - 2014-01-02 09:18:56 UTC
Yes, ceptors are way overpowered. Everyone knows about it but CCP.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#26 - 2014-01-02 10:49:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Little Dragon Khamez
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:

There's never been a time in eve when one man could solo pvp 20 ceptors plus ewar support. Part of eve is choosing your engagements wisely. Yes frig pvp is alive and well.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-01-07 13:36:10 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:

There's never been a time in eve when one man could solo pvp 20 ceptors plus ewar support. Part of eve is choosing your engagements wisely. Yes frig pvp is alive and well.

That is were you wrong, pre-ceptor changes I would feel confident engaging a gang consisting of ceptors, not all at once ofc. Splitting used to be easier, it is nigh impossible now unless you get a good lead with some trailing behind with aggro.
Speedkermit Damo
Invicta.
#28 - 2014-01-07 15:28:23 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
So there are these Tech 2 Frigates called Interceptors, and they have this awesome ability called "interdiction nullification" you should check them out.

In my experience this "awesome" ability is used exclusively to avoid PvP, not initiate it.

Interceptors now are simply shuttles with guns.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Previous page12