These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-12-31 11:22:27 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

Name any instance where a entity will wardec someone far more superiour. People declare war on people who they think they can win from.

And you flamed / ignored a whole bunch of very useful replies...

It has happened, there are also corps like super battle penguins that just started declaring war alphabetically. I've known a few one man corps that declare on anyone. Personally, I'm considering declaring war on Eve University for the lols. Not quite ready to die that spectacularly repeatedly yet, but I will be soon.
edit - spelling

Can we let this thread die now? Turning my subscription off.

Exactly....you dec EVE Uni for lolz. Not to win a war on them or claim victory.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Tsolmon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2013-12-31 11:28:01 UTC
Not sure if it has been said but the fact that new eden is a cold harsh place where a player Corp can get war decced whenever is why most of us play this game!!

Good luck with the Corp tho
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#123 - 2014-01-01 00:37:14 UTC
Gotta say after reading this entire thread, I am ashamed and irritated by the aggressive high brow attitude portrayed by most of the so called Vet's posting replies directed towards a new player. Definitely need to stop portraying themselves as the all knowing Gods Of Eve. Another thing, telling players to quit or go back to another game is just flat out wrong and anyone who says that crap should be hit hard by the ban hammer for trying to kill Eve.

Doesn't matter if there was indeed some true helpful info contained in the replies, the majority of those replies were largely filled with demeaning sarcastic remarks against the OP. Not gonna mention any names but some of the regular posters in this sub-forum seriously need an attitude adjustment.

The OP has every right to be pissed, especially since CCP encourages Corp Creation within the tutorials and states that option in the game advertising. In fact the Tutorials barely even mention the true dangers to new players within this game, the most prolific one being griefer action done by older characters.

I'm half inclined to report a lot of the replies in this thread but it seems the OP's situation / issue is resolved now.

To the OP, don't give up, watch your back and do what you wanna do. Don't listen to nay sayer's and above all else, gratz to you for having the initiative to learn from your own experiences. I hope you have a long and profitable career here in Eve.

DMC
Vandal Snow
DTC S
#124 - 2014-01-01 01:31:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vandal Snow
I also want to say to the op dont listen to the bulshit some people talk. I joined the crazy Dutch guy channel advertised in j polls signature. It us a channel meant to give new player help and advice. I was told to quit eve because I wanted a fair fight. I was told that there are no fair fights in eve. When I asked how the player knew this he said experience. We'll in my experience there are fair fights I asked a pirate for a 1v1 and he honoured it no tricks no backup just me and him. I doubt he had links either because I won. Check my killboard. Anyway the point is bitter vets are bitter and chat **** don't listen do what u want to do. Good luck.

Also my bro insists that u tell u that if cannibal cane is offering u his services free of charge u should take them and god help ur enemies.
Miriya Zakalwe
World Wide Welp
#125 - 2014-01-01 02:04:16 UTC
Fair fights exist! They are just usually very bad ideas. I don't recommend them.

My horrible killboard (like 60:1 deaths:kills right now!) is a testament to "fair" fights enforced by plexes. Well, that and noob level 3 skills vs vets at 5 and also I still suck.

Someday I will not suck, but learning to PvP via solo FW in Amamake has been humble-making for sure. Pandemic Legion are good teachers.

J'Poll
Caldari State
#126 - 2014-01-01 03:39:49 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

The OP has every right to be pissed, especially since CCP encourages Corp Creation within the tutorials and states that option in the game advertising. In fact the Tutorials barely even mention the true dangers to new players within this game, the most prolific one being griefer action done by older characters.

DMC

Same tutorial also explains about how to look for another corp.

But I do agree that tutorials are lacking any information about the whole risk part of player interaction (be it from griefing, theft, scams or war declarations).

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Cloaky McWarpStab
#127 - 2014-01-01 11:56:50 UTC
Miriya Zakalwe wrote:
learning to PvP via solo FW in Amamake has been humble-making for sure. Pandemic Legion are good teachers.

There's a thread on here about EVE hardcore mode. I think you may have found said mode.

One day I will have a blog. Be thankful that day isn't today.

Sid Crash
#128 - 2014-01-01 14:01:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Sid Crash
J'Poll wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

But I do agree that tutorials are lacking any information about the whole risk part of player interaction (be it from griefing, theft, scams or war declarations).

Sorry, no.

Creating your own corporation is not something a newbie will/should have on his to-do list, in fact you can play for a decade and not ever have it had on your to-do list. This is one of those things outside the scope of a newbie or newer player where if he does it anyway it's a case of "well, should have read the wiki then".

- edit -

Might have misread, it it would help to have some explanation on the basic dangers of joining a player corporation. But it's still outside the scope of a newbie tutorial really. Perhaps open up a separate tutorial when you go tot he corp finder?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#129 - 2014-01-01 20:26:58 UTC
Sid Crash wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

Sorry, no.

Creating your own corporation is not something a newbie will/should have on his to-do list, in fact you can play for a decade and not ever have it had on your to-do list. This is one of those things outside the scope of a newbie or newer player where if he does it anyway it's a case of "well, should have read the wiki then".

- edit -

Might have misread, it it would help to have some explanation on the basic dangers of joining a player corporation. But it's still outside the scope of a newbie tutorial really. Perhaps open up a separate tutorial when you go tot he corp finder?

Yes you did misread it.

Now about your opinion on new players starting a corporation, tell that crap to CCP.

Seriously.

DMC
Riel Saigo
Facta.Non.Verba
#130 - 2014-01-01 21:28:54 UTC
Look, there are tons of corps in Eve, and a ton of them suck.

It's not the end of the world if the corp you just started happens to be one of them.

If you're having fun, generating content, and you don't have all your eggs in one basket, you should be able to weather your troubles and learn from the process. Just do the research, learn how the mechanics work, trial and error, and keep a positive attitude and openness to learning and you'll do fine.

This too shall pass.

Not everyone has to be brilliant on their first outing.
Zerb Arus
WormSpaceWormS
#131 - 2014-01-01 22:38:39 UTC
My stance on: "new players that create new corps"
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4061470#post4061470

J'Poll added a few good points to that a few posts down as well.

TLDR: It's not as bad as most might be inclined to think;
Viktor Roesch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2014-01-02 00:23:38 UTC
There's a very easy rule when it comes to finding the right corp; if it's difficult to get in to it's probably worth the effort.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#133 - 2014-01-02 01:58:54 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

That said, I wish you all a good and happy 2014!

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#134 - 2014-01-02 09:03:21 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

To the OP, don't give up, watch your back and do what you wanna do. Don't listen to nay sayer's and above all else, gratz to you for having the initiative to learn from your own experiences. I hope you have a long and profitable career here in Eve.

DMC

I think you're right. I'm sure I came off wrong.

Sorry OP. I still believe a CEO has all the responsibilities I outlined earlier, but I should have allowed more room for you to try.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#135 - 2014-01-02 10:07:12 UTC
You know... the OP never stated what his corp actually does. Too many new players gun for a hisec industrial corp which actually requires far more SP, skill and planning compared to shooting people in the face in lowsec. Imagine that your have no clue about anything, but start a corp anyway. Which corp is more likely to get decced? The hisec miners, or the guys that welp their frigs while they learn the mechanics of PVP while playing? Seriously, try shooting people!
Keno Skir
#136 - 2014-01-02 16:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Join a proper corp who will teach you about things like war. It's very possible to muddle through and eventually learn enough to feel safer, but tbh you will progress faster by joining experienced players. They can show you all the tactics you might later be able to pass on to new players in your own corp, but that time is not now.

Best of luck, get in touch if you need any more help regarding any of this or corp management as a whole.

(I started a corp right out of the box, so don't think i'm just blindly discouraging you. It had good points and bad, but i can safely say i'd have learned faster in a different situation.)
Ritual Union
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#137 - 2014-01-02 16:57:49 UTC
In the five months of checking this forum, in a now and then mode, one of the scenarios I encountered most is:

• New player "Wow, I like Eve! I like that Eve is a sandbox and …"
  • Bitter Vet "Yeah, Eve is a sandbox, you're right! Now shut the **** up and do as I told you!"

However, the problem of managing a corporation has little to do with the harshness of Eve, or with the knowledge one has on Eve. Some are "born" to lead, some aren't. Period.

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#138 - 2014-01-02 18:00:13 UTC
Ritual Union wrote:
In the five months of checking this forum, in a now and then mode, one of the scenarios I encountered most is:

• Bitter Vet "Yeah, Eve is a sandbox, you're right! Now shut the **** up and do as I told you!"

However, the problem of managing a corporation has little to do with the harshness of Eve, or with the knowledge one has on Eve. Some are "born" to lead, some aren't. Period.

Your correct that it might seem a bit..ironic that people will say that you can do everything you want in EVE, but at the same time says there are things you shouldent do (please note that im not saying they cant do something, i have no right to dictate someone else's play style, not the means to force them to do something they don't want to).
But the truth is that most of the vets have done the "mistakes", or have witnessed how bad it can go unless someone is really prepared for it or have the knowledge and experience to pull it off.

Of course there are people who does manage to pull it off, and prove all the vets "wrong", and i applaud those people, but those cases are rare, thus its...easier..to just warn people right away that they might want to try and learn things before they attempt to do something that can potentially harm them and others.

Now if someone chooses to not follow advice and wants to learn on their own, fine, thats their choice, and in EVE that attitude can get you far.
But if they dont want the advice in the first place they should not ask for it.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#139 - 2014-01-02 19:33:42 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
Ritual Union wrote:

Your correct that it might seem a bit..ironic that people will say that you can do everything you want in EVE, but at the same time says there are things you shouldent do (please note that im not saying they cant do something, i have no right to dictate someone else's play style, not the means to force them to do something they don't want to).
But the truth is that most of the vets have done the "mistakes", or have witnessed how bad it can go unless someone is really prepared for it or have the knowledge and experience to pull it off.

Of course there are people who does manage to pull it off, and prove all the vets "wrong", and i applaud those people, but those cases are rare, thus its...easier..to just warn people right away that they might want to try and learn things before they attempt to do something that can potentially harm them and others.

Now if someone chooses to not follow advice and wants to learn on their own, fine, thats their choice, and in EVE that attitude can get you far.

Doesn't happen much, but I fully agree with NC here.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2014-01-02 23:26:31 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

It's all about presentation and how the info / advice is delivered.

When the info / advice is presented with sarcastic demeaning negative remarks it's nothing more than an aggressive attack to which the usual response is to take a defensive aggressive stance.

When that info / advice is presented with friendly encouraging positive remarks it is quickly accepted and retained. Those who give advice should always reflect upon these phrases first before posting.

Do unto others as you would have those do unto you.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Etc, etc, etc.

DMC