These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Petition to Ban Isobox/Vec, bots and other similar program

First post
Author
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2014-01-01 11:04:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Necromendes wrote:

You should go back to school.
And maybe you can point out the parts being breached? Again, read them first before replying.

Since you have problem comprehending English, I suggest you use Google translate to whatever language you are use to.
If you cannot point the parts out, that's fine. It just shows you have no case.

Also, the program is called ISBoxer. Not ISOBOX. Just saying.

Point 1, Point 2, Point 3 and Point 4....are you freaking blind or what?

Constantly saying I did not point the fact while I already posted the part on EULA for people word blind like yourself, does not strengthen your argument in anyway. Either you reply something constructive or get lost!

Point1: How does it add load to the system?

Point2: ISK Boxer does not change the ingame environment so this is moot.

Point3: ISK Boxer does none of these so please explain. It allows you to control multiple clients at once but you are not allowed to automate your movements with the use of macros.

Point4: ISK Boxer does none of these as well.

CCP does ban people that do use 3rd party software that breaks the above rules. But ISKBoxer does none of the above.

You have been insulting people the whole morning without clearly stating your reason for you points you posted. Why is it so hard for you to explain why it should be banned?

And the fact that you made me point that out and post this means I will be wardeccing your alliance into oblivion.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Dave Stark
#42 - 2014-01-01 11:06:00 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
And the fact that you made me point that out and post this means I will be wardeccing your alliance into oblivion.

and this is why i love kane.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#43 - 2014-01-01 11:06:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Are you? Have you read them? Because no, it does not break any of those points.

1. It does not impose any unreasonable or disproportionate load — it's just a bunch of accounts playing the game as normal.
2. It does not modify any content or change how the game is played.
3. It does not let you acquire anything at an accelerated rate or bypass the normal mechanisms of acquisition.
4. It does not bypass or change the mechanisms for logging in.

So, again, what parts of the EULA does it break because it isn't any of those.

Quote:
I really feel sad for you that you can comprehend simple English in the EULA. Buddy, you had to back to school, you can't be working as a pimp forever.
The fact that you can't point out or describe how it in any way breaks the EULA and instead have to rely on personal abuse to (utterly fail to) cover up this fact means that no-one really cares how you feel about them, because it's just all a defensive mechanism on your part at this point.

Oh yes, the accelerated rate thing.

Someone pointed out that dumping isk on a newbie .... well

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2014-01-01 11:10:00 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:

1. It does not impose any unreasonable or disproportionate load — it's just a bunch of accounts playing the game as normal.
3. It does not let you acquire anything at an accelerated rate or bypass the normal mechanisms of acquisition.

Quote:
I really feel sad for you that you can comprehend simple English in the EULA. Buddy, you had to back to school, you can't be working as a pimp forever.
The fact that you can't point out or describe how it in any way breaks the EULA and instead have to rely on personal abuse to (utterly fail to) cover up this fact means that no-one really cares how you feel about them, because it's just all a defensive mechanism on your part at this point.

Isoboxer is an external program by all measure and it directly effect gameplay. So point 2 is breach. Isoboxer and other similar programs allows players to facilitate mining an accelerated rate compare to normal gameplay. This breach point 3. Some bots program allow breach of point 4, however not all isoboxer uses breach it but Vec users definitely fit the bill.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#45 - 2014-01-01 11:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Necromendes wrote:
Isoboxer is an external program by all measure and it directly effect gameplay. So point 2 is breach.
How does it “effect” gameplay? More importantly, how do they change how you play the game? You still have to read the same window and click the same buttons and wait for the same timers as everyone else.

Hint: the game is played as normal; point 2 is not breached in any way.

Quote:
Isoboxer and other similar programs allows players to facilitate mining an accelerated rate compare to normal gameplay.
No, they don't. You have to mine at the same speed as everyone else, and you have to be there to control the process, same as everyone else.

Quote:
Some bots program allow breach of point 4, however not all isoboxer uses breach it but Vec users definitely fit the bill.
In what way? How do they manage to skip the launcher or login screens? Alternatively, how do they interact with the server without going through the game client? Also, you really need to stop confusing botting and multiboxing — they're not the same thing and one is not allowed, whereas the other is not disallowed.
Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-01-01 11:14:53 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Point1: How does it add load to the system?

Point2: ISK Boxer does not change the ingame environment so this is moot.

Point3: ISK Boxer does none of these so please explain. It allows you to control multiple clients at once but you are not allowed to automate your movements with the use of macros.

Point4: ISK Boxer does none of these as well.

CCP does ban people that do use 3rd party software that breaks the above rules. But ISKBoxer does none of the above.

You have been insulting people the whole morning without clearly stating your reason for you points you posted. Why is it so hard for you to explain why it should be banned?

1) Is Isoboxer an external program? Yes or No!
2) Does Isoboxer affect game play? Yes or No!
3) Does it affect other players using only Eve program? Yes or No!
4) Vec and other bot type program breach Point 1& 4 not Isoboxers. But Isoboxer breach 2 and 3 as it does exactly what was pointed out in EULA.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-01-01 11:15:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Necromendes wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Quote:

Isoboxer is an external program by all measure and it directly effect gameplay. So point 2 is breach. Isoboxer and other similar programs allows players to facilitate mining an accelerated rate compare to normal gameplay. This breach point 3. Some bots program allow breach of point 4, however not all isoboxer uses breach it but Vec users definitely fit the bill.

How does it accelerate mining? 1 person controlling 5 people mines no faster then 5 people on their own account.

How does it change the ingame environment? It does not change how the game works or makes use of bugs or exploits to function? He can't mine any different using ISK Boxer then what you can so there is no cgange to how the game is played or the machenics work.

Posting arbitrary statements without explaining how does not explain your point since it seem you don't understand how this works.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#48 - 2014-01-01 11:16:17 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
1) Is Isoboxer an external program? Yes or No!
Irrelevant in isolation.

Quote:
2) Does Isoboxer affect game play? Yes or No!
No.

Quote:
3) Does it affect other players using only Eve program? Yes or No!
Irrelevant.

Quote:
4) Vec and other bot type program breach Point 1& 4 not Isoboxers. But Isoboxer breach 2 and 3 as it does exactly what was pointed out in EULA.
How do they do that?
Dave Stark
#49 - 2014-01-01 11:18:10 UTC
Necromendes wrote:

it doesn't effect gameplay, and it doesn't make people mine faster.
do you even understand the program which you're whining about?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#50 - 2014-01-01 11:18:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Necromendes wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Quote:

There you go again, simply stating things without giving any proof to back them up.

1. So as you seem to have dropped point 1, I'll ask about the rest.

2. How does it modify any content, or change how the game is played?

3. How does it let you acquire anything at an accelerated rate, bypassing the normal mechanisms of acquisition?

4. You seem to be changing your tune on this one too. But how does Vec and some ISBoxer users fit the bill here?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-01-01 11:22:04 UTC
Mag's wrote:
There you go again, simply stating things without giving any proof to back them up.

1. So as you seem to have dropped point 1, I'll ask about the rest.

2. How does it modify any content, or change how the game is played?

3. How does it let you acquire anything at an accelerated rate, bypassing the normal mechanisms of acquisition?

4. You seem to be changing your tune on this one too. But how does Vec and some ISBoxer uses fit the bill here?

The problem is he can't.

I don't have ISKBoxer but even I know enough to know this guys seem to make sweeping statement without any facts or proof to back those statements.

This thread will be ignored by CCP unless Falcon want to come and laugh at him before they close it.

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2014-01-01 11:23:08 UTC
ah, another guy with a solo Retreiver, that never made 5 jumps out of Jita thinks mining is broken and he has the solution Roll

instead of crying, why not help out CCP and pick up 2 more accounts

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-01-01 11:23:39 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

How does it accelerate mining? 1 person controlling 5 people mines no faster then 5 people.

How does it change the ingame environment? It does not change how the game works or makes use of bugs or exploits to function? He can't mine any different using ISK Boxer then what you can so there is no cgange to how the game is played or the machenics work.

Posting arbitrary statements without explaining how does not explain your point since it seem you don't understand how this works.

Isoboxer user action...1 mine cycle=40 ice block every 51 sec
Normal player action...1 mine cycle=2 ice block. sec 128 sec

How is that not affecting game play? How is that not affecting ingame environment? Since players are openly allow to use program like Isobox, it does not prevent him/her adding Vec to the main account flying an Orca so he/she he can bot indefinitely till DT without further action or any keyboard activities as Isoboxer of other account would just follow the 1 account on bot. This also help save cost for bots as he/she only needs to purchase 1 bot usage and not for all their mining accounts.
Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-01-01 11:24:29 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
ah, another guy with a solo Retreiver, that never made 5 jumps out of Jita thinks mining is broken and he has the solution Roll

I actually don't mine or rather no skills to mine :)
Mag's
Azn Empire
#55 - 2014-01-01 11:27:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

How does it accelerate mining? 1 person controlling 5 people mines no faster then 5 people.

How is that not affecting game play? How is that not affecting ingame environment? Since players are openly allow to use program like Isobox, it does not prevent him/her adding Vec to the main account flying an Orca so he/she he can bot indefinitely till DT without further action or any keyboard activities as Isoboxer of other account would just follow the 1 account on bot. This also help save cost for bots as he/she only needs to purchase 1 bot usage and not for all their mining accounts.
You seem to be missing the important part out there. In other words, the amount of accounts being used to mine and you've played with timings to be a little disingenuous. Blink

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Dave Stark
#56 - 2014-01-01 11:27:45 UTC
Sentamon wrote:

see my link on page 1. 1 jump from jita, 0.9 security 30 mins before downtime. untouched belt.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2014-01-01 11:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

WTF is ISOBOX?

Explain to me how 1 account can mine 40 block? Unless it is 1 person with 20 accounts. He would mine no faster then a corp with 20 people mining the same belt.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#58 - 2014-01-01 11:28:45 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
No.

ISOBoxer user action: 1 mining cycle = however many ice blocks you get out of a fleet that size in that time.
Normal player action: 1 mining cycle = however many ice blocks you get out of a fleet that size in that time.

Quote:
How is that not affecting game play? How is that not affecting ingame environment?
Because it doesn't alter how much you get in any given time span using a given number of people in that particular fleet setup.

Quote:
so he/she he can bot indefinitely
Ok, again, you need to stop being confused here. Are you talking about multiboxing or are you talking about botting? They're two very different things.
Dave Stark
#59 - 2014-01-01 11:28:59 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

news just in; people with more accounts mine more than people without extra accounts.

that's got nothing to do with isboxer.
Dave Stark
#60 - 2014-01-01 11:29:47 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Sentamon wrote:

I actually don't mine or rather no skills to mine :)

so you freely admit you have no idea what you're talking about.