These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#101 - 2013-12-28 12:36:29 UTC
Aremon Rotineque wrote:
Dogg Style wrote:
Quote:

Either the assertion that the core of Eve is PvP is a lie, or the advertising claiming that one does not have to engage in PvP is a lie. Both cannot be true.

With the utmost respect. staying in an NPC corp has been said numerous times in this thread as perhaps the best way for new players to enjoy the non- PvP aspects of this game. But then there is always the suicide gankers... Nevermind... Learn to PvP, learn to avoid PvP or move on to what ever game you wish to play. I have played lots of MMO's. I get the most enjoyment out of Eve because I can play it any way I wish to play. As can you. As can anybody else.

The instant that the game's website included the phrase "make your own corp" or some facsimile thereof in the description of the game, they shot your observation in the foot. Besides, face it, staying in an NPC corp limits your possibilities so much it nearly renders the game useless. Part of the point is to be able to develop and build and grow and explore. And the very definition of "high Security" means you should be free to do just that, without the continual harassment of various thugs who never grew out of being a schoolyard bully.

Lol

1. Nowhere CCP claims you MUST make your own corp or join one.
2. What limits you from being in a NPC corp....you cant build a POS or PoCo. Thats about it.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#102 - 2013-12-28 12:42:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Aremon Rotineque wrote:
And the very definition of "high Security" means you should be free to do just that, without the continual harassment of various thugs who never grew out of being a schoolyard bully.
You seem to be suffering from a misunderstanding of the words "High Security". Highsec is not a safe area, it is merely safer than everywhere else, although you are still subject to wardecs, awoxing, corporate theft, suicide ganking, ninja looters and suspect baiting if you're not in an NPC corp, if you are in an NPC corp you are still subject to suicide ganking, ninja looters and suspect baiting. The main difference between highsec and everywhere else is Concord, and they're there to punish, not protect.

Everywhere in Eve is a PvP area, with some very limited exclusions relating to newbies in certain solar systems. There is no PvE only area. PvP itself isn't limited to shooting each other in the face with spaceships, everything in Eve is either a form of PvP or is there to feed PvP. If you're competing with another player for anything, it's PvP.

Back on topic, Ruger St1pe you should let your self appointed diplomat deal with the situation, he seems to have a much clearer head than yourself. 99% of the advice that has been given is good advice, you should heed it. Nobody has gone out of their way to insult you, you merely perceive the advice given as an insult because it doesn't agree with what you think the advice should be.

Newbies generally don't have the game knowledge or experience to lead a corp of fellow newbies, the only way to gain them is to play the game and learn from those that do have the knowledge and experience. Doing a metric fuckton of reading is good, it'll give you the basics but be aware that it is only the basics, there's far more to it than that. Actually applying what you learn from it is another matter entirely, which is where experience comes into play.

You will never know everything there is to know about Eve, its scope is too vast. People who've been playing since Beta still learn something new every now and then.

Brave Newbies are the exception to the rule about newbies leading corps, because they blatantly don't give a fig if they explode, in fact they think it's hilarious, they play for explosions, both their own and other peoples. Their attitude to Eve is a polar opposite of your own, and because of it they have attracted a huge membership that consists of both Newbies and Vets, and are fairly well respected by much more experienced player groups, if only because their whole ethos is to bring good fights and have fun while exploding hilariously.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tarn Wolfen
Tiger's Bite
#103 - 2013-12-28 17:27:22 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
I still say that people who wages war with a new corp are cowards. who want easy kills. Nothing impressive there,

All I get for trying to help my corp, is threats of wardec in here, and people telling me I can go **** myself and my corp cause I am a new player. Well wow impressive, advice. Well sure if I get 10 wardecs for making a thread about it sure im gone. Fck it. I am just pointing out something EXTREMELY unpopular and true. Also I didnt name any corps in here, at least im not a scared kitten who wont make a post on something to help his members. It is a lame mechanics that you can gimp new players for fun.

I have not read more than a few posts into this thread, but I want to help not only you, but many much like you. So I am going to go ahead and post this. Some times the simple plain truth hurts.

First, Katrina Oniseki on page one of this thread gave you excellent advice. Truly. You should heed it.

Look, there is nothing wrong with wanting your own corp, etc. But in this game perhaps more than any other you cannot effectively lead a corp without knowledge and experience. This game has the steepest learning curve of any I have played. No one could come into this game and effectively lead a corp without first learning quite a bit and getting some game experience. How long it takes someone to learn depends on many factors, but the hard cold truth is it is going to take some time, and far more than you have put in from what you have posted.

There are a lot of very smart people playing this game (and a lot of the not so smart), but just being smart is simply not close to being enough in this game. You need to know quite a bit about the game, and have experience, and as bright and smart as you may be, you have posted enough for it to be clear and obvious that you do not have that knowledge or that experience.

Knowledge AND experience are prerequisites in this game to being competent to led a corp. How much knowledge and how much experience is debateable, but you are not nearly there yet.

That said, a lot of the not so smart will not recognize and accept the truth of it, and still doggedly push on wanting to have their own corp.

The truly smart will recognize and accept the truth of it, and simply play the game and learn as much as they can as fast as they can from the veterans, and THEN, go and start their own corp.

Be smart. First learn and experience. THEN start your new corp.

Both you and your members will be the better for it.
DeAira
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#104 - 2013-12-28 18:52:17 UTC
You know, Brave Newbies started about a year ago by a guy that had no idea what he was doing. Now it has over 6000 members.

I doubt there were tears ...

#justice4VileRat

Solai
Doughfleet
Triglavian Outlaws and Sobornost Troika
#105 - 2013-12-28 19:22:43 UTC
True. But would you say that experience is normal? Just because it is possible does not mean it's not a horrible, subscription-repellent idea in most cases.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2013-12-28 19:29:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
A diplomatic solution has been made to settle the tension between us and the Eve brotherhood. As an indirect result of making this thread, and corresponding with the Eve brotherhood they have notified me that they are now backing off.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Miriya Zakalwe
World Wide Welp
#107 - 2013-12-29 03:17:49 UTC
DeAira wrote:
You know, Brave Newbies started about a year ago by a guy that had no idea what he was doing. Now it has over 6000 members.

I doubt there were tears ...

Yes, but Brave Newbies looks like they were started with both a humble attitude and also a "let's have fun dying a lot while we see what we can do!" attitude. Failure is not just possible, it's built in to their corp as a feature :)

This in itself is what makes them seem cool (to me anyway). Sort of like RvB but noob-focused and not pure PvP. I considered them myself.
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2013-12-29 03:38:09 UTC
My high sec char has been playing since 2007 (it isnt hard to find her name if you so wish) and during that time I have been wardecced four times. So it is very easy to play in highsec and never enagage in pvp if you dont want to, just get the eff out of caldari space. seriously, there are soooo many places you can go where there isn't another person in local most of the time.

there you can mine, put up a pos, run missions in almost safety (you are never 100% safe). but if you fly a lot in say Osmon, then yeah you will be noticed. Mouth off in local? Someone will notice, rage like mad when someone can flips you.. again you are making yourself a target.

yes you might have to inconvenience yourself a little bit, but compare that to the inconvenience of a wardec (if you dont like me go: yay!).

And if you really really dont want to pvp and get deced, take a break for a week. Most highsec wardecs are not renewed. Go play some kerbal space program, or feed the beast or whatever.., go outside. a week away wont kill you specially as your character is still training regardless.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#109 - 2013-12-29 23:36:02 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
I still say that people who wages war with a new corp are cowards. who want easy kills. Nothing impressive there,

All I get for trying to help my corp, is threats of wardec in here, and people telling me I can go **** myself and my corp cause I am a new player. Well wow impressive, advice. Well sure if I get 10 wardecs for making a thread about it sure im gone. Fck it. I am just pointing out something EXTREMELY unpopular and true. Also I didnt name any corps in here, at least im not a scared kitten who wont make a post on something to help his members. It is a lame mechanics that you can gimp new players for fun.

What you've experienced is called quality control, the people who left are the real cowards and have demonstrated that they are not cut out for eve online.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#110 - 2013-12-29 23:41:43 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
A diplomatic solution has been made to settle the tension between us and the Eve brotherhood. As an indirect result of making this thread, and corresponding with the Eve brotherhood they have notified me that they are now backing off.

Treat messages like that with caution, they might drop Corp to form a new one and war dec you again, or they might not even be sincere. Psychological warfare is also practiced in eve. Trust no one and take nothing at face value.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2013-12-30 05:08:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:

Treat messages like that with caution, they might drop Corp to form a new one and war dec you again, or they might not even be sincere. Psychological warfare is also practiced in eve. Trust no one and take nothing at face value.

I doubt that they will, they got what they came for, also we have corresponded so I know details that allow me to write as I have. Furthermore I made some really good connections making this thread, not much negative has come from it so far, if it does it will, nothing I can do about that, I will have to handle it as it come. I have said nothing incorrect nor have I gone on a rage spree on anybody, as some was apparently hoping for. I can only face roll on behavior like that seriously. A lot of good input has been made in this thread, and i'm really glad about anyone who has made constructive replies here. Sad how some likes to turn and twist words and intentions, to fuel others with rage and revenge, for fun . My honest only intention with this thread was to get some assistance for the war I was in,, and sure I wanted payback, but how is that in any way odd, or beyond repair insulting, not to mention for anyone not directly involved.. Would be more odd and fake to pretend I didn't care and at the same time asking for help. As a result I got exactly the help I was searching for. So i 'm indeed no fool for making this thread, as some want it to seem.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#112 - 2013-12-30 20:39:04 UTC
Off topic and spam was removed. Please stay on topic and polite, thank you.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Yosef Brinalle
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2013-12-31 00:52:11 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:

If someone twice your size stars poking you around, is that impressive? is that a fight? no its a cowards game, and it is a broken mechanics

Yes it is spineless and cowardly. However; spineless cowardly backstabing has always been a viable business model. Your task as a CEO is to come up with a better business model.

Calling them dirtbags is factual but nonproductive unless your aim is to stir up a larger shitstorm via trash talking.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#114 - 2013-12-31 01:27:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Ruger St1pe wrote:
...and it is a broken mechanics, so go ahead threaten me all you want.

I think this is a bit of a misunderstanding somewhere. It's not a broken game mechanic, just a misunderstanding of game mechanics.

To compare this to RL. In business, generally people are promoted into positions of leadership because they have technical knowledge that gives them a high degree of expertise relevant to the job.

In EvE, it is no different. To successfully lead a Corporation, you need to have a good, solid understanding of a broad range of mechanics in the game, because being a CEO is not only about providing a social setting and collecting taxes. It's as much about teaching and mentoring as any other leadership position is in RL.

If you don't fully understand the mechanics yourself (nothing against you there - that just takes time and experience across a broad range of play styles over time), it's difficult to effectively lead your Corporation and players quitting reflects that. People will follow a competent leader even through a difficult situation, but quit in droves from an ineffective leader.

By ineffective, I mean nothing personal. Your character and you as a player, just don't yet have the knowledge gained through experience in order to effectively lead your Corp through a war.

That written, the mechanic of Wardecs isn't broken. You opened yourself up to it as a leader by creating a Corp. If you didn't create the Corp, you as a new player would be protected from that mechanic.

So there is a perfectly valid and commonly used mechanic available to protect yourself and other new players from a Wardec.

However, since you have created a Corp, there are still things you can do as a new player to protect yourself. There is no need to repeat them here, other than to suggest you sit down and just reread the entire thread. There is several years worth of gained experienced expressed in this thread. It's a goldmine for any new player Corp.

Brave Newbies would be a good option for you at this point. Take your whole Corp there and go join them. Have fun and then lead at some point in the future. Even as a member of a Corp and not the CEO, you can have a huge leadership role, both formally and informally.

PS. Hope you've replied to Cannibal Kane. If you haven't you are doing yourself a disservice. Just check a killboard or go read C&P to see the level of respect he has earned.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#115 - 2013-12-31 01:54:43 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
...and it is a broken mechanics, so go ahead threaten me all you want.

I think this is a bit of a misunderstanding somewhere. It's not a broken game mechanic, just a misunderstanding of game mechanics.

To compare this to RL. In business, generally people are promoted into positions of leadership because they have technical knowledge that gives them a high degree of expertise relevant to the job.

In EvE, it is no different. To successfully lead a Corporation, you need to have a good, solid understanding of a broad range of mechanics in the game, because being a CEO is not only about providing a social setting and collecting taxes. It's as much about teaching and mentoring as any other leadership position is in RL.

If you don't fully understand the mechanics yourself (nothing against you there - that just takes time and experience across a broad range of play styles over time), it's difficult to effectively lead your Corporation and players quitting reflects that. People will follow a competent leader even through a difficult situation, but quit in droves from an ineffective leader.

By ineffective, I mean nothing personal. Your character and you as a player, just don't yet have the knowledge gained through experience in order to effectively lead your Corp through a war.

That written, the mechanic of Wardecs isn't broken. You opened yourself up to it as a leader by creating a Corp. If you didn't create the Corp, you as a new player would be protected from that mechanic.

So there is a perfectly valid and commonly used mechanic available to protect yourself and other new players from a Wardec.

However, since you have created a Corp, there are still things you can do as a new player to protect yourself. There is no need to repeat them here, other than to suggest to read the post the ISD.

Brave Newbies would be a good option for you at this point. Take your whole Corp there and go join them. Have fun and then lead at some point in the future. Even as a member of a Corp and not the CEO, you can have a huge leadership role, both formally and informally.

Spot on. But why are you wasting your time...

This guy will just rage again how you insult him because he knows everything already because he read some guide..

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#116 - 2013-12-31 02:20:00 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

Perhaps, but I still don't think it's a waste of time.

If it is seen as an insult, then that's unfortunate and I would put it down to the broken style of communication that exists in a forum. Interpretation is up to the reader and a lot of the useful aspects of communication are lost in this style.

I bet if the forum ran on TS or Mumble or something similar, all of our interactions would be different again (and to the OP, if you don't yet have TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype or something similar available for your Corp, that would be a useful addition. Being able to speak to people directly while they are online is very useful. As this is a game, some people don't want to read through a 2 page written post on a Corp forum or email, but will gladly listen and reply in a spoken conversation. The more ways you can provide to usefully communicate to your Corp, the more effective your leadership will become and be perceived).

As it is, I think the OP went into a little bit of bunker mentality over a couple of pages, but that doesn't normally last long.

Overall though, I think he has done both his Corp and the community a good service through this thread. The information here will hopefully help someone else in the future too, irrespective of the outcome for this particular Corp.
Sid Crash
#117 - 2013-12-31 07:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Sid Crash
Scipio Artelius wrote:
As it is, I think the OP went into a little bit of bunker mentality over a couple of pages, but that doesn't normally last long.

No, he started out like that right from the first post, that is why this thread is getting the reactions it does. And if you look at his last post in the thread you'll notice it hasn't changed yet. You see a lot of these people as CEO's, when you "cross" or dec them or whatever they go in full tilt mode thinking that because they have some title next to their name it means they have rights and capabilities while in truth they lead because their ego needs it, not because they're good at it or they have something to offer to their members.

And that means anyone wardeccing corporations like that is actually doing its members a service; at the very least they will start realising that the corp and its structure provides nothing meaningful, at best they start talking with the wardeccers and/or leave the corp for a better one. There are of course full Ahole wardeccers, many of them are, and they don't have anything on their minds but "lol, pwn newbs" but a bunch do more than that and they're actually doing "good work".

Bad corps are the blight: they perpetuate shittiness and discourage newbies who are actually capable of being more than a grindbear.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2013-12-31 10:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Scipio Artelius wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

If it is seen as an insult, then that's unfortunate and I would put it down to the broken style of communication that exists in a forum. Interpretation is up to the reader and a lot of the useful aspects of communication are lost in this style.

I bet if the forum ran on TS or Mumble or something similar, all of our interactions would be different again (and to the OP, if you don't yet have TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype or something similar available for your Corp, that would be a useful addition. Being able to speak to people directly while they are online is very useful. As this is a game, some people don't want to read through a 2 page written post on a Corp forum or email, but will gladly listen and reply in a spoken conversation. The more ways you can provide to usefully communicate to your Corp, the more effective your leadership will become and be perceived).

Overall though, I think he has done both his Corp and the community a good service through this thread. The information here will hopefully help someone else in the future too, irrespective of the outcome for this particular Corp.

I agree Ts and communication is a must, also I am more than prepared to learn, and as you say bunker mentally, I understand what you mean here and I agree that I put up my parades in the beginning of the post a bit, but I feel like I quickly put them down again.I guess getting attacked by veterans in game just felt like being put in a tennis match with Roger Federer, and while that is a great honor indeed, it also was a one way treat, as the other corp wrote to me in a mail they felt forced so they wouldn't themselves become a target to stronger corps, I guess I am critic about the positive effects with this picking order, as it adds to an already steep learning curve for new players and at the same time encourages, to make war with a weak target as possible.
Also I have said thankyou several times in the thread, to people writing here to help, also wishing everyone happy holidays without any response. Some people seem to want to paint me a sinister for ever lasting memo in my time in eve also I see nothing constructive in replying to such individuals. Their motives come from a darker place from within themselves and has noting to do with me really, so in a way a such a discussion would never make any sense. I can also see why some want to be on these peoples good side. As someone suggested that I would rage over this reply or the one before, I haven't so that proves you where just wrong about me

Also I will apologize to Cannibal Kane, I read your reply as negative the first time, and I see how it can be seen as I am arrogant trying to ignore, however I misread it. I will contact you ingame.

J'Poll
Caldari State
#119 - 2013-12-31 11:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

I agree Ts and communication is a must, also I am more than prepared to learn, and as you say bunker mentally, I understand what you mean here and I agree that I put up my parades in the beginning of the post a bit, but I feel like I quickly put them down again.I guess getting attacked by veterans in game just felt like being put in a tennis match with Roger Federer, and while that is a great honor indeed, it also was a one way treat, as the The other corp wrote to me in a mail they felt forced so they wouldn't themselves become a target to stronger corps, I guess I am critic about the positive effects with this picking order, as it adds to an already steep learning curve for new players and at the same time encourages, to make war with a weak target as possible.
Also I have said thankyou several times in the thread, to people writing here to help, also wishing everyone happy holidays without any response. Some people seem to want to paint me a sinister for ever lasting memo in my time in eve also I see nothing constructive in replying to such individuals. Their motives come from a darker place from within themselves and has noting to do with me really, so in a way a such a discussion would never make any sense. I can can also see why some want to be on these peoples good side. As someone suggested that I would rage over this reply or the one before, I haven't so that proves you where just wrong about me

Name any instance where a entity will wardec someone far more superiour. People declare war on people who they think they can win from.

And you flamed / ignored a whole bunch of very useful replies...

Hell. The thread title is the prime example of it. Calling the persons who wardecced you cowards.
They are just using a game mechanic to their advantage. Just because you dont like it that they are more experienced doesnt mean they are cowards.

And, again, a war is no reason that new players leave your corp or the game. The lack of a strong, experienced and stable leadership is. Otherwise people like EVE-Uni and BNI would be dead a long time ago.

You corget that as CEO you of all members of the corp should stay the most polite of all, as you are in the end the top of the hierachy and thus are the voice of all your members.

I had a chance to speak to your hired Diplo and he at least was showing the correct attitude and after talking to one of your newbies I dropped the dec to suit the new players in your corp.

Also again, make an alt, make that the CEO and join a settled corp. You can learn the game and how to properly be a CEO from others. And then in time take back control of your corporation and make it as great as all the other bigger corps. This will work better as by then you can offer other players things like knowledge (if you want to recruit new players), a POS, reimbursements, corp buy out programs, you name it.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#120 - 2013-12-31 11:18:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
J'Poll wrote:

Name any instance where a entity will wardec someone far more superiour. People declare war on people who they think they can win from.

And you flamed / ignored a whole bunch of very useful replies...

It has happened, there are also corps like super battle penguins that just started declaring war alphabetically. I've known a few one man corps that declare on anyone. Personally, I'm considering declaring war on Eve University for the lols. Not quite ready to die that spectacularly repeatedly yet, but I will be soon.
edit - spelling

Can we let this thread die now? Turning my subscription off.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.