These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Destroying someone's property in hi-sec incurs no penalty on the aggressor

Author
Noddy Comet
Lysdexic Agnostics - Thier is no Dog
#1 - 2013-12-29 14:25:25 UTC
Shooting someone's wrecks in hi-sec gets you Concordened

Shooting someone's tractor (using that game mechanic called aggression) gathering said wrecks in hi-sec gets you nothing and you are actually protected BY Concord if someone defends their property you aggressed on...

Discuss how this is balanced.

[i]"The biggest problem with quotes on the Internet, is that just because it's on the Internet too many believe them to be real" -[/i]Abraham Lincoln's "Berlin Wall" speech at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Short Stack122
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-12-29 14:26:23 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

nope
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3 - 2013-12-29 14:28:33 UTC
You shoot a Mack in an Ice Belt in high sec, you lose your ship.

It's balanced. What's the problem ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Robert Warner
Back Door Burglars
#4 - 2013-12-29 14:41:40 UTC
Yeah, I see your point. Unfortunately CCP made a few fatal errors when they re-designed the aggression mechanics last year. They are unable to offer a mechanism now by which the owner can defend his property without the assailant becoming a suspect.

Another interesting one is if you remotely repair someone who is killing a criminal, you get a suspect flag.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-12-29 14:42:34 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:
Shooting someone's tractor (using that game mechanic called aggression) gathering said wrecks in hi-sec gets you nothing and you are actually protected BY Concord if someone defends their property you aggressed on...

Wrong.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Mag's
Azn Empire
#6 - 2013-12-29 14:49:00 UTC
Is this a whine about salvage?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Pewty McPew
EVE Corporation 2357451
#7 - 2013-12-29 14:51:50 UTC
Simple fix:
Don't use MTUs or other personal deployable objects
Noddy Comet
Lysdexic Agnostics - Thier is no Dog
#8 - 2013-12-29 14:53:48 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Noddy Comet wrote:

Wrong.

Which part, the part where I was able to destroy someone's tractor without getting a visit by concord, or when they tried to shoot me with their drones they ended up getting a visit by Concord?

[i]"The biggest problem with quotes on the Internet, is that just because it's on the Internet too many believe them to be real" -[/i]Abraham Lincoln's "Berlin Wall" speech at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#9 - 2013-12-29 14:56:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Noddy Comet wrote:

If you shoot an MTU you become suspect, which means anybody can shoot at you without Concord interference, not always a wise idea btw. Please explain how it being open season on your arse for the duration of the suspect timer is actually Concord protection.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-12-29 14:59:02 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Noddy Comet wrote:

Wrong.

Which part, the part where I was able to destroy someone's tractor without getting a visit by concord, or when they tried to shoot me with their drones they ended up getting a visit by Concord?

When did they shoot you with their drones? Attacking an MTU incurs a suspect flag, which means anybody's free to attack you for the 15 minutes after the attack. So if he attacked you within those 15 minutes, he should not have been concorded.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#11 - 2013-12-29 15:01:48 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

This module was explicitly designed that way. You should only use the MTU if you are able to defend it on your own.

You can always loot manually if you can't defend an MTU. looks perfectly balanced to me
Doc Severide
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-12-29 15:02:24 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Is this a whine about salvage?

No...

I think it's another AFK cloaking thread...
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#13 - 2013-12-29 15:03:29 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:
You're clearly special and exempt from normal game mechanics, or they shot at you after your suspect timer expired.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#14 - 2013-12-29 15:30:05 UTC
It's also fun baiting people into shooting your MTU. Twisted
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#15 - 2013-12-30 00:15:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Noddy Comet wrote:

umadbro?

The shooter goes suspect. What more do you want? You complaining because you can't WTFPWN the shooter because of his booster buddies and/or repping buddies? He has more friends than you do. This should be telling you something. Get friends. Then you can use the MTU as bait.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#16 - 2013-12-30 00:32:41 UTC
All the new mechanics dealing with violence in hisec are just the beginning of a whole range of violence mechanic tweaks coming our way in 2014. The idea is to make hisec a baffling and rediculous ordeal for any but the dedicated griefer.
Soon there will be nothing in hisec but a few newbros and legions of griefers being bad.
Null on the other hand will be a vibrant array of hundreds of warring states like mediaeval Italy or China during the Age of the Big Blades.

A man can dream.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-12-30 00:36:46 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

Your post attracts trolls. And my post will probably get drowned by the trolls. But, want to know the best way to deal with this? Ignore them. Don't reply in local. When they enter your mission, just ignore them and leave them be. These types thrive on misery and getting people angry. Deny them that and they are the ones that leave empty and angry.

Even if CCP were to "fix" this, they'll just find another mechanic or tool to cause grief. You just have to learn to ignore them.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#18 - 2013-12-30 00:44:08 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

Game is more than 10 years old, tractors are a very recent additions for optional bonus income with added risk attached.

Its balanced in that if you don't deploy a tractor, you can still make plenty of isk and then nobody can shoot your tractor.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#19 - 2013-12-30 02:11:59 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Noddy Comet wrote:

Wrong.

They'd have to wait fifteen minutes and have their safety off for that to happen. I don't think you're telling the whole story.

Who put the goat in there?

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-12-30 02:13:19 UTC
Noddy Comet wrote:

A fresh new player in eve online welcome cadet your first mistake is there are NO RULES even concord can f*ck your day up.
12Next page