These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thanks Yule Lads - You've lost me around 200 Million ISK . . . . . .

First post First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#61 - 2013-12-24 23:31:07 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

BLACK-STAR
#62 - 2013-12-24 23:36:05 UTC
Gift = free cause you could rather have nothing.

What do you expect, Bob Barker to spin your luck?
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#63 - 2013-12-25 05:47:35 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:

So thanks to this nice gift you decide to give everybody I'm out of pocket to the tune of 200 million isk and stuck with a load of virtually worthless items, thanks for that one CCP!

You seemed to be happy to charge other people a lot of isk for those virtually worthless items a few days ago. Oh wait you want the game to be rigged only in your favor, so you can win every time. Too bad, this isn't the real world, CCP can't be bought, there's no lobby or special interest to make the rules more fair for you and screw the rest.

And at the end of the day, dude, it's just pixels. 200 million is chump change. You are really whining about 200 million? That's not even a day's worth of work nowadays. Learn to play.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#64 - 2013-12-25 07:10:33 UTC
CCP have always said that they can & will re-release special edition items at their whim and that any market speculation on those items is at the players risk. Even the IWS are special edition, and the fact they gave them out was never an issue, or people would have been hounding the other four/five groups that also have been awarded them. It was the manner in which they were given out without transparency that made it an issue.

The only items they won't release again are items they have specifically stated are limited edition.

So, basically, you gambled & lost. HTFU.
Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#65 - 2013-12-28 04:35:48 UTC
Logical 101 wrote:
The market for fancy pants has gone all topsy turvey?

Say it ain't so! Because if it is, I think we might be facing a game-breaking situation here.

Dunno about pants, but it threw the T2 markets into chaos in some places. No one knew what T2 items would drop next and it resulted in a panic.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#66 - 2013-12-28 06:15:33 UTC
200 mil? I lost 60 billion speculating on something around a year ago. 60 billion in one shot.

200 mil.

Get. Out. Roll

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#67 - 2013-12-28 08:21:22 UTC
Why can't I wear the dress? This is not fair CCP.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Captain Ravanor Eistiras
Doomheim
#68 - 2013-12-28 11:18:42 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:
So I trade in fashion items across various regions and have buy orders in for certain items, the value of which lies in their general scarcity. My buy orders for two items were set at around 3 million to 6 million each, again across various regions.

Lo and behold I log in this morning to find every buy order has been filled and now I realize every account in Eve now has one of these 'rare' items therefore completely crashing the market!

So thanks to this nice gift you decide to give everybody I'm out of pocket to the tune of 200 million isk and stuck with a load of virtually worthless items, thanks for that one CCP!

sorry but CCP dint force you to invest poorly over items they gave you for free, you want to complain about free stuff then i suggest you buy Dust514
Cavalira
Habemus
#69 - 2013-12-28 11:19:10 UTC
RIP 200m isk.
Jaelkus
Mission Ready Mining
Fly Fearless
#70 - 2013-12-28 12:02:58 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:
So I trade in fashion items across various regions and have buy orders in for certain items, the value of which lies in their general scarcity. My buy orders for two items were set at around 3 million to 6 million each, again across various regions.

Lo and behold I log in this morning to find every buy order has been filled and now I realize every account in Eve now has one of these 'rare' items therefore completely crashing the market!

Easy fix to fix your deflation problem, Basically the market is flooded what if you were to say buy up the market? then while having most of them would be crap you could then destroy a bunch of them at a time in say a frig, which would reduce supply. Rinse repeat tada fewer items on market means the ones you dont destroy are rarer with every one blown up and then sell them its a long term plan but it will work :)
Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-12-28 13:41:43 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:
. . . I trade in fashion items . . . the value of which lies in their general scarcity . . . I log in this morning to find every buy order has been filled and now I realize every account in Eve now has one of these 'rare' items therefore completely crashing the market!

Sounds like a great time to buy.

Jenny Tailia wrote:
[Clothing items] can never be destroyed as such . . . Now there are over 300,000 of these items in game in a market where only around a dozen or so are traded each week.

Basically they are now worthless.

Do you know what's great about worthless things? Of course you don't, so I'll tell you.
There is an amazing tendency for worthless things to be cheap.

Do you know what else is great about worthless things?
If you lose them, if they are destroyed, if you just throw them in the garbage (Right Click -> Trash Item), it doesn't really hurt you. You could literally trash 100 or 200 thousand "worthless" things and you would be unaffected. I would be careful, though, because as you trash a greater percentage of the total number of "worthless" things in existence, the "worthless" thing becomes more rare, scarcer, and usually more valuable.

So, for instance, if you needed space in your hangar and decided to trash a stack of 250,000 of a certain fashion item that was now "worthless", it wouldn't really hurt you. However, you wouldn't want to trash them all, because, after a certain point, the remaining "worthless" fashion items would be much rarer and more valuable. In fact, you could probably sell the remaining scarce items for more than you bought the entire batch for.

Now, HTFU.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#72 - 2013-12-29 00:24:56 UTC
Bad case of eggs, basket. Good thing no artillery was involved. Makes a mess of baskets with all your eggs.
Imadude Orti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#73 - 2013-12-29 03:33:15 UTC
Lost that much to a market manipulation. Still have the incredibly overpriced stock. Only took me once to learn that lesson. The question is, how many times will it take you?
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#74 - 2013-12-29 03:41:58 UTC
Little did I know EvE was fully populated with economists.

May all your governments decide to wantonly print money. Then you can feel the "real" effects of market manipulation by those who should stay out of the market.
ErrorRon
Turbo-Encabulator LLC
#75 - 2013-12-29 04:25:38 UTC
Sad 200 million spacebux. Gone. Just like that.
I don't know how you'll ever recover from this. You should petition it. And if that fails, sue CCP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtItWL6GfSM CCP Gargant -  Dev of my heart.

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#76 - 2013-12-29 05:17:10 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:

Whoops, thought the thread said you'd lost 200 billion.
200 million, so what?

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#77 - 2013-12-29 06:11:59 UTC
Ahahaha...200m....AHAHAHAHAHA....

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Rauour Engil
Rabies Inc.
#78 - 2013-12-29 10:44:24 UTC
Jenny Tailia wrote:

It's called 'regulatory risk' and can be countered by having a diverse trading portfolio. You had all your eggs in one basket in a market you can't control where this sort of thing has historically happened.... imagine being a collector of rare items and suddenly having several billion of items magically turned into T2 items. Pity though, I like the idea of a fashion retail chain. Pity you can't run beauty treatments/hair cuts and cosmetic surgery and commercialize (in the community) how character re-sculpting works ;)