These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Another small corp quitting.

First post
Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2013-12-28 12:49:25 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Ah yes, the effort, sorry.

I don't need to put effort in the game. Maybe when i started, i had to read some tutorials, watch some videos... etc. That is what you call effort? Do you really believe that eve is hard and that it requires effort? Are you a new player or something?

re-read my question, and try again. or would you like me to use smaller words?

Having played EVE, WoW, Everquest and Aces HIgh I would say EVE pvp requires the least amount of actual effort. WoW requires more effort than EVE, Aces High required more effort and more technical knowledge, EvE would again come last for technical knowledge.

Fact is EVE is a very simple game to just play, especially pvp wise in the usual 'gangs' or a gank cat. I could buy one plex (RMT), requiring no in game effort, buy and fit 300 catalysts, overheat my guns, press F1 and blow up probably 200 retrievers / frigs / shuttles / indies and pods.

All for no effort.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-12-28 12:55:43 UTC
Xerogee wrote:
We tried to compete, even declared war and tried too take down some offices, no chance with huge corps with unlimited equipment of the best calibre.

This part of your post reminds me of something that happened to me.

I visit a friend occasionally, who lives across town. I always go the same way, because it seems to be the most efficient route on my bicycle. One day, I was on my way there and found that the road was blocked. There was some road work going on and all traffic was being detoured to nearby streets, which didn't have bike lanes. I couldn't believe that the city would do such a thing, and I had to stop and gather myself for a moment. Then, I turned around and rode back home and quit going to see that friend of mine until the city made it possible to go to see him again . . .

. . . I'm kidding, of course. I just rode up the block and took the next street. I guess it's just harder for some people to "go a different way". I hope you realize that quitting is also "going a different way", you're just also changing your destination.

Ride safe.
Josef Djugashvilis
#43 - 2013-12-28 14:07:40 UTC
Tippia wrote,

Incorrect on all counts.

I get my data from the simple fact that I used to make good money from sitting on the Jita undock or Perimeter gate(s) stealing gank loot, and you could count the CONCORD clouds along every highway. The money is gone, as are the clouds (and not just in the sense that they don't appear in force like in the olden days).

This makes it based on an observed reality, unlike every claim ever made about some supposed increase in ganking.[/quote]

Tippia, if anyone else presented a statement like yours as 'evidence' you would, quite rightly, rebut their claims as fast as you could type laughing at them and asking for 'proper' evidence, not just some half-baked impression based on their very limited experience of ganking.

I have no idea if ganking rates are up, down, or the same over the last few years. neither it would seem have you.

Unless you can provide real evidence for your claim that ganking rates are down, I call BS on your part.

This is not a signature.

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-12-28 14:18:13 UTC
Tippia wrote:

I get my data from the simple fact that I used to make good money from sitting on the Jita undock or Perimeter gate(s) stealing gank loot, and you could count the CONCORD clouds along every highway. The money is gone, as are the clouds (and not just in the sense that they don't appear in force like in the olden days).

Maybe people have realized that ganking with catalysts and taloses is better than thrashers and tornados, with everyone but you realizing this and moving to Niarja.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#45 - 2013-12-28 14:32:25 UTC
The ganking at an all time low statement is from a Dev, although I believe the context referred to mining vessels.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ambassador Crane
Hellhound Productions
#46 - 2013-12-28 15:07:58 UTC
Xerogee wrote:
All good suggestions btw, yes we should adapt and change , but when your only playing several hours a week ....

This doesn't really equate for me. I used to mine on a regular basis. I too actually enjoyed it, to some extent, with large groups. Both for the time it gave us to sit around BS'ing and for the strange amusement we got from clearing a belt in record times. However, I've moved on because when I discovered just how profitable trading can be for what equates to less time and less effort really. Spent about 2 weeks training what I considered the necessary skills to gain most profit from trading but it's become my primary income since. Due to trading, I've gained more profit from my building as well.

You say you spent time building your empire but you need to learn that like any real life business, sometimes a company has to evaluate and reconfigure its business strategy or branch out to keep up or stay ahead of the game. So consider it the same.

And really, what's the difference between changing the way you play a game rather than just quitting and having to find, learn and build an empire in an entirely new game?
Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2013-12-28 15:19:55 UTC
why gank? probably more efficient to wardec
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#48 - 2013-12-28 15:24:54 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The ganking at an all time low statement is from a Dev, although I believe the context referred to mining vessels.

Now watch people like Infinity desperately grab at the nearest strawman. We need a popcorn smiley. Twisted

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#49 - 2013-12-28 15:27:17 UTC
Hey dudes, it's very simple.

He paid to play the game his way.

Now he can't play the game his way.

So, he doesn't pays the game neither.

Why the drama?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#50 - 2013-12-28 15:29:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Sal Landry wrote:
Maybe people have realized that ganking with catalysts and taloses is better than thrashers and tornados, with everyone but you realizing this and moving to Niarja.
…where the killboards will show that not much is killed on your average day. And I don't know if you realise that Niarja is one of those highways?

Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Tippia, if anyone else presented a statement like yours as 'evidence' you would, quite rightly, rebut their claims as fast as you could type laughing at them and asking for 'proper' evidence, not just some half-baked impression based on their very limited experience of ganking.
Not really, no. After all, the whole point is that it isn't an impression based on some limited experience of ganking — it's an impression based on a complete reliance on ganking, using more than a single data point as a basis (which is the kinds I only ever see and which cause me to want some actual evidence).

Quote:
I have no idea if ganking rates are up, down, or the same over the last few years. neither it would seem have you.
No, I have a fairly good idea that it's down.

Quote:
Unless you can provide real evidence for your claim that ganking rates are down, I call BS on your part.
Again, sit in a high-traffic, high-value system and see how long it takes for one to happen. It used to be often enough that you could make a living out of stealing loot from them at any time of the day.
Vembuvend
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-12-28 15:33:23 UTC
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-12-28 15:39:40 UTC
Insulting words directed at OPs entitlement.

Somewhat thoughtful suggestion that perhaps OP and friends are not suitable to run a corporation.

Mostly sarcastic remark involving "going back to" "insert carebear game here".

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#53 - 2013-12-28 15:49:08 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Hey dudes, it's very simple.

He paid to play the game his way.

Now he can't play the game his way.

So, he doesn't pays the game neither.

Why the drama?

This is EVE.

Mellow drama is mandatory.

Serious, OP. Be it a ship or a jerked off planet, don't get attached to "stuff" in EVE. You will have way more fun. The reason 90% of my "stuff" is in Jita is because over the years it's all just ISK. The only thing you can get attached to is your characters and nobody can take them from you.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

KUMAR OK
Perkone
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-12-28 15:49:51 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Quote:
Again, sit in a high-traffic, high-value system and see how long it takes for one to happen. It used to be often enough that you could make a living out of stealing loot from them at any time of the day.

Wow that is some real evidence.

you little hypocrite
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#55 - 2013-12-28 15:51:46 UTC
Tears, so many tears

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Ambassador Crane
Hellhound Productions
#56 - 2013-12-28 15:56:23 UTC
Vembuvend wrote:
http://perpetuum-online.com

Does anybody actually play this anymore?

I tried it out myself for perhaps all total.... maybe a couple hours? Bored the hell out of me which is not what I feel a game should do from the very start.
Dave Stark
#57 - 2013-12-28 16:04:32 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Ah yes, the effort, sorry.

I don't need to put effort in the game. Maybe when i started, i had to read some tutorials, watch some videos... etc. That is what you call effort? Do you really believe that eve is hard and that it requires effort? Are you a new player or something?

re-read my question, and try again. or would you like me to use smaller words?

Oh come on, you seem upset, why? Just because i told you that you used some old and unoriginal quotes?

The is no need

To be upset

And eve is hard

It requires effort!

Uncle Dave told me that!

Lol I'm having some fun, not gonna lie.

are you simple, or illiterate?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#58 - 2013-12-28 16:09:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
KUMAR OK wrote:
Wow that is some real evidence.
you little hypocrite

So you agree then, seeing as all you have to offer as a counter is an ad hominem.

(Btw, average hauler kills in Niarja this month: 3.1 per day. Average hauler kills in Niarja for December four years ago, 3.7 per day.)
Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#59 - 2013-12-28 16:10:53 UTC
If botting is a problem why not gank them? Seriously? Police yourselves. Then buy tags and turn it in to raise security rating back to 0.
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#60 - 2013-12-28 16:12:05 UTC
Also TY, OP.

I was gone for a while. I didn't know they had handed over HS POCO to players. I never really did PI for the ISK. It was more something to do so long as I broke even.

52 Command centers just went off line.

Take note, OP. I'm not complaining, it's just part of the progression of EVE. More dead content in the dust bin.

R.I.P. Vile Rat