These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Another small corp quitting.

First post
Author
Tesco Ergo Sum
#21 - 2013-12-28 11:56:43 UTC
Xerogee wrote:
In addition all the mega corps had too adapt too was making more isk from me, we had too adapt too paying it. =p Kinda feels like being taxed by the rich, makes me feel sick. last comment :)

Take a break would be my advice, ignore the typical trolls that live only for this kind of thread in GD.

Keep an eye on the game as hopefully CCP figures out that ignoring Malcanis law loses them PCU and $$$...
Good Posting
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-12-28 12:01:15 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
for those that didn't read the OP, and nobody would blame you for that.

the tl:dr is "game requires effort, i'm quitting"

No, the tl:dr is "i don't like the current situation of the game and i'm not having fun". For me, eve is the perfect game and i love it but not everyone feels the same and it is understandable.

Of course, showing some empathy requires more effort and it is easier to post old and unoriginal quotes.

Good luck OP and come back soon.
Dave Stark
#23 - 2013-12-28 12:01:20 UTC
Tesco Ergo Sum wrote:
Xerogee wrote:
In addition all the mega corps had too adapt too was making more isk from me, we had too adapt too paying it. =p Kinda feels like being taxed by the rich, makes me feel sick. last comment :)

Take a break would be my advice, ignore the typical trolls that live only for this kind of thread in GD.

Keep an eye on the game as hopefully CCP figures out that ignoring Malcanis law loses them PCU and $$$...

you're wrong; the game has had constant growth.

either they're not ignoring it, or it's not costing them $$$ and losing them PCU
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2013-12-28 12:02:37 UTC
Tesco Ergo Sum wrote:

Ugh In what way have they been ignoring it?
Dave Stark
#25 - 2013-12-28 12:02:48 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

No, the tl:dr is "i don't like the current situation of the game and i'm not having fun". For me, eve is the perfect game and i love it but not everyone feels the same and it is understandable.

Of course, showing some empathy requires more effort and it is easier to post old and unoriginal quotes.

no, it was basically a systematic whine about every change to conflict drivers that has been done in the last 18 months or so?
even more justified by his first line basically saying "i afk mine while at work" demonstrating just how little effort he wants to put in to the game to begin with.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#26 - 2013-12-28 12:05:30 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

no, it was basically a systematic whine about every change to conflict drivers that has been done in the last 18 months or so?
even more justified by his first line basically saying "i afk mine while at work" demonstrating just how little effort he wants to put in to the game to begin with.

Wait. You actually read that? I both commend and pity you. Did it make you drown in your own tears because it was so sad or in your own blood because your eyes were bleeding by the time you were done?
Good Posting
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-12-28 12:07:24 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

Do you really care if a random dude at the other side of the world mines afk while at work? I have different concerns in my life, but i assume you are a very lucky guy is this is importat for you.
Sneakthief Backstabber
Area Fifty One
#28 - 2013-12-28 12:08:17 UTC
Love the new PI system, large corporations get too tax your azz on factories you set up years ago. It's like the nazis have invaded Europe again.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#29 - 2013-12-28 12:09:15 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Do you really care if a random dude at the other side of the world mines afk while at work? I have different concerns in my life, but i assume you are a very lucky guy is this is importat for you.

You seem to confuse “care” with “identify”.
Good Posting
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-12-28 12:12:58 UTC
Sirinda wrote:

Wait. You actually read that? I both commend and pity you. Did it make you drown in your own tears because it was so sad or in your own blood because your eyes were bleeding by the time you were done?

Reading is hard for f1 monkeys.
Dave Stark
#31 - 2013-12-28 12:15:13 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

thanks for letting us know how you play eve. have you tried not being an f1 monkey?
Good Posting
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-12-28 12:19:24 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

thanks for letting us know how you play eve. have you tried not being an f1 monkey?

I was talking to him. Yes, i tried to not be an f1 monkey and with great success. No i run my own content and not the content of others.
Demica Diaz
SE-1
#33 - 2013-12-28 12:23:08 UTC
Xerogee wrote:
Hey community and CCP.

Too many of these whinny posts i know but i'll try to be brief. Played this game for a number of years, great game, keeps my mind active and love to multi-task mine at the office. We are a small mining carebear manefacturing corp that lives in the middle of nowhere in Hi-Sec, mines builds ships and does research etc. Since customs office change went in, within 2 days large corps all moved in and put up customs offices with stupid tax rates etc. We tried to compete, even declared war and tried too take down some offices, no chance with huge corps with unlimited equipment of the best calibre. We supplied our own own starbase fuel, ice mined. rock mined, supplied the market with all sorts of stuff. Now our ICE is hard too get and bots were only tricked for a maybe a week, our Pi stuff is taxed too hell, people gank with alarming regularity and with no consequences on alts. We can live with everything except that CCP has taken the fun out of the game in Hi-Sec. We don't want too move too low sec, quite happy here enjoying the game, less and less and less. Bye, great game, hope Hi-Sec gets some love in future patches and we can come back and enjoy the game like we like too play it. If i want too see the rich get richer and the poor work ever harder to survive with no joy, i'll visit real life. Peace

BTW I understand the EVE universe is ruthless, but when you keep taking the fun out of a game, it stops being a game.

Try NPC null sec. There are regions of null that are empty. I still see quite many Interbus Customs Offices aswell. Maybe move there? PI is better in null, you can mine better stuff in null, exploration is better and so on. In all honestly, when I returned from Stain to Dodixie to sell some stuff, I realized how peaceful and serene Stain was compared to High Sec. But maybe its just me.
Dave Stark
#34 - 2013-12-28 12:23:42 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

I was talking to him. Yes, i tried to not be an f1 monkey and with great success. No i run my own content and not the content of others.

that's nice for you. what has that got to do with the OP quitting because the game involves effort?
Good Posting
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-12-28 12:29:51 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

that's nice for you. what has that got to do with the OP quitting because the game involves effort?

Ah yes, the effort, sorry.

I don't need to put effort in the game. Maybe when i started, i had to read some tutorials, watch some videos... etc. That is what you call effort? Do you really believe that eve is hard and that it requires effort? Are you a new player or something?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-12-28 12:30:54 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Tippia gets her 'data' from the ether, specifically 'what'ether' and 'where'ether' its convenient to get it from. In short its just made up nonsense Lol

Incorrect on all counts.

I get my data from the simple fact that I used to make good money from sitting on the Jita undock or Perimeter gate(s) stealing gank loot, and you could count the CONCORD clouds along every highway. The money is gone, as are the clouds (and not just in the sense that they don't appear in force like in the olden days).

This makes it based on an observed reality, unlike every claim ever made about some supposed increase in ganking.

So yeah like I said you make the 'data' up. Its accuracy is about as good as me sitting in a random high sec system and declaring ganking no longer happens because I never saw any ganks... Shocked

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Dave Stark
#37 - 2013-12-28 12:31:34 UTC
Good Posting wrote:

I don't need to put effort in the game. Maybe when i started, i had to read some tutorials, watch some videos... etc. That is what you call effort? Do you really believe that eve is hard and that it requires effort? Are you a new player or something?

re-read my question, and try again. or would you like me to use smaller words?
Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-12-28 12:37:32 UTC
Sorry to see you go OP, gl an hf in whatever you decide to do next an hopefully see you back in eve soon ;)
Good Posting
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-12-28 12:40:43 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Good Posting wrote:

re-read my question, and try again. or would you like me to use smaller words?

Oh come on, you seem upset, why? Just because i told you that you used some old and unoriginal quotes?

The is no need

To be upset

And eve is hard

It requires effort!

Uncle Dave told me that!

Lol I'm having some fun, not gonna lie.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#40 - 2013-12-28 12:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Infinity Ziona wrote:
So yeah like I said you make the 'data' up.
…and repeating the same incorrect claim does not make it correct.

Quote:
Its accuracy is about as good as me sitting in a random high sec system and declaring ganking no longer happens because I never saw any ganks... Shocked

That just means you're pretty clueless about highsec ganking, and about highsec in general, to say nothing about things like sample selection…

If I wanted the kind of inaccuracy you like, I would have referred to my history of being targeted for ganks: 3 times in 2007–2009; 0 times in 2010–2013 (with a total success rate of 0% across all of them). Granted, either way, I'd have more empirical evidence for my case than those who try to claim that it's somehow out of control (or even increasing in frequency).