These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2013-12-27 13:53:08 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Ruger, I think you may have missed just how helpful a lot of the posters were trying to be. The EVE community us an acquired taste. We've gotten the way we are because New Eden is a hard cold place. Even though it might not have been the answer you were looking for it was just as hard, cold & honest as your problem is.

The reality is that there are entire corps devoted to declaring war against soft targets. Though some of them do it because they enjoy the easy kills most are professionals. They are after lot and ransom. It's not easy finding creative ways to earn ISK. This is one of them.

Another reality of the game and community is that there are very few corps at any given time who are willing to assist the new bros in their wars. It is expensive, plain and simple. If you go search the C&P forum you will find a thread detailing the lastest failscade of a white knight alliance. They pop up from time to time and disappear quickly.

Leading a corp in EVE is not like other games. But then you've already heard that. If you want to hold your corp there is really only a few options. Keeping in mind of course that you will always lose members to various reasons anyway.

1. Make friends: having an alliance to back you is a big help. It can also be expensive (depending on the alliance) but the cost should be attainable for a 40 man corp with a high income. It doesn't need to be official though. Just being friendly with the right people will go a long way.

2. Move: low sec isn't as bad as most people seem to think. From the looks of it your would be dispatchers wouldn't step foot out here. W-space is another common option for avoiding wars but I wouldn't suggest it for your crew. There are however more than one newby wormhole corp.

3. ?

4. Profit

Obligatory "welcome to EVE" & good luck man.

One more note. You might not yet know why it is so important to respond very respectfully to Cannibal Kane's offer of mailing him the details but you really should. He will either help you for fun... or hunt you for fun... choice is yours.

Edit: one more, one more note: some of the wall of resistance that you're running up against in this thread has to do with the fact that EVE is a single server game. We can't escape our reputations in EVE. For instance Cannibal Kane has a reputation for making loudmouth CEO's rage quit. Some of the other posters here have simply been upholding their rep's as hard asses. You are developing a rep of your own right now.

Thankyou, I agree with everything here. I will look into low sec movement, I'm already making alliances outside the bound in game alliance, and i'm very happy about that,.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-12-27 13:54:47 UTC
OP you litterally have no clue what youre doing.
Making a corp is aggreeing to be wardecced, thats a fact. If you want it easier, join a more established corp as a member instead of taking on the role of CEO, or stay in the NPC corp, but make a chatroom for people to still have a sense of a "group".

When people are telling you to abandon your corp and go learn, thats not an insult. You dont know how to play the game, I dont care how many guides youve read, you dont know how it works until youve tried it first hand. Those telling you how "Ofcourse you should be CEO ofcourse you can do it" are the actual trolls in this thread, theyre not only trolling you, but theyre trolling every new pilot in your corp who expects you to teach them.

You need to be a pupil before you can be a teacher.
No one but you, imo, is making the new people in your corp leave, if these new people were in a better corp who are prepared for wardecs, they wouldnt be leaving, or atleast not as many. You are the reason that they cant survive, others have said this, and you think theyre insulting you.
Im not actually trying to help you, especially after reading your numerous replies to actual advice given. But I feel bad for the new members in your corp who now thinks EVE is the worst game ever, simply because you dont have the abilities to show them how the game works.

Again, I mean no offense, its just how it is. I myself wouldnt be able to run a corp myself, I dont have the patience or people/management skills for it, you may, Im not saying that, but you still need alot more experience before You can do it.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#83 - 2013-12-27 16:19:04 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Writing 10 pages that i'm doing everything I can to insult someone does not make it true. If have insulted anyone they have also done their best to insult me too. Also It is funny to see that the more i'm doing something else that this post the more insulting I get. I can see there are lots of loyalty points to be made, writing that i'm insulting and stuff. Also nothing impressive about that, telling me I need to leave my corp and do something else is trying to insult, not help seriously. I have made contact with some really cool people through this and i'm happy about that. I guess what I just wrote here is an insult as well,,, But go ahead make your loyalty points, it is a smart way to do it, I can see that. But not really impressive. Thank you to the people who have honestly been trying to to help me in this post, I have read it all and thankyou. There I said thankyou, but go ahead and twist that into an insult too, and make loyalty points

People arent insulting you when they say to disband the corp and join another one.

You clearly lack what is needed to be a CEO. As the moment you made your corp and recruited people you placed yourself in the position of sheppard over a herd of sheep. Now you complain you dont like that...thus should not do it.

EVE corps are more like RL corps then they are guild/clans from other games. If you dont have management skills (as in real life skill) then running a corp will be hard as a corp is more then a sociap club in EVE.

An option if you really would like to fly with friends is to either join the same corp that has good and experienced leadership (as plenty of corps take on new players but with exp. leadership the drop out is much lower) or stay in NPC corp and just create a community channel and do stuff together.

I'm still curious as to what make you the expert on being a good CEO, if he wants to be he should, if he has ppl willing to be in his corp then great , also comparing this to the real world lol. It actually should be more of a social club when your new anyway, what do you think he's running for the FTSE 100 ?

Ruger, ignore anyone that tells you you can't, give it a go. It might work, it might not , but at least do it on your own terms and take the positive advice learn from those that want to help you learn whether they be in game or out .

Don't let anyone else dictate what you should or should not do. Eve is a sandbox so they say ( I managed to get another one in woot) so go have fun...

Tal
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-12-27 16:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Writing 10 pages that i'm doing everything I can to insult someone does not make it true. If have insulted anyone they have also done their best to insult me too. Also It is funny to see that the more i'm doing something else that this post the more insulting I get. I can see there are lots of loyalty points to be made, writing that i'm insulting and stuff. Also nothing impressive about that, telling me I need to leave my corp and do something else is trying to insult, not help seriously. I have made contact with some really cool people through this and i'm happy about that. I guess what I just wrote here is an insult as well,,, But go ahead make your loyalty points, it is a smart way to do it, I can see that. But not really impressive. Thank you to the people who have honestly been trying to to help me in this post, I have read it all and thankyou. There I said thankyou, but go ahead and twist that into an insult too, and make loyalty points

People arent insulting you when they say to disband the corp and join another one.

You clearly lack what is needed to be a CEO. As the moment you made your corp and recruited people you placed yourself in the position of sheppard over a herd of sheep. Now you complain you dont like that...thus should not do it.

EVE corps are more like RL corps then they are guild/clans from other games. If you dont have management skills (as in real life skill) then running a corp will be hard as a corp is more then a sociap club in EVE.

An option if you really would like to fly with friends is to either join the same corp that has good and experienced leadership (as plenty of corps take on new players but with exp. leadership the drop out is much lower) or stay in NPC corp and just create a community channel and do stuff together.

I'm still curious as to what make you the expert on being a good CEO, if he wants to be he should, if he has ppl willing to be in his corp then great , also comparing this to the real world lol. It actually should be more of a social club when your new anyway, what do you think he's running for the FTSE 100 ?

Ruger, ignore anyone that tells you you can't, give it a go. It might work, it might not , but at least do it on your own terms and take the positive advice learn from those that want to help you learn whether they be in game or out .

Don't let anyone else dictate what you should or should not do. Eve is a sandbox so they say ( I managed to get another one in woot) so go have fun...

Tal

ROFL.

If you want a social club in EVE...make a community chat channel. Making a corp means you can be pulled into a war, new player or veteran, that doesn't matter. A corp is more then a chat channel.

And the people that gave him advice, he ignored them or blunty said they were wrong.

The new players in his corp are leaving, not because of the wardecs (otherwise EVE-UNI would have been dead a long time ago), but because they lack of REAL leadership (So someone who does step up when needed, who does KNOW the game mechanics (and NO, reading endless guides don't count) and who will lead and teach those who join your corp).

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2013-12-27 17:23:36 UTC
I wasn't going to disagree with the suggestions about dropping corp and either reforming or learning in an npc corp for awhile, but its very obvious that the OP has no interest in this. Continuing to tell him to do so is just beating a dead horse.

Good luck OP.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Jane Schereau
#86 - 2013-12-27 18:11:58 UTC
Hullo OP,
The advice given about not starting a corp if you don't have a solid understanding of the game yourself is good advice. Yet, like you, I ignored it and went ahead and started my own corp, on day 1. Years later, we're still going. That is rare in eve.
First wardeck, first awoxer, first can flip, first gank... they were horrible moments when they happened. It felt that people just hated our very existence and did not want us noobs in their game. These days, I look back at those moments tenderly; they were great learning experiences.

Others have pointed out your choices: fight back, or disband and join another corp. I chose to fight back. I won. But it was the hard choice. It required taking risks, loosing ISK, getting out of my PvE bubble and learning how the game actually works. EVE is a PvP game. The moment you understand that, you can start enjoying it.
The easy and rational choice is for you and your corpmates to join another corp. Learn the game first.
But if you pull together and fight together, you will be all the better for it. But you will need to fight. No way around that.

Agony Unleashed has great PvP classes, if you are interested in learning how to fight big targets using small ships.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-12-27 18:23:29 UTC
Jane Schereau wrote:
Hullo OP,
The advice given about not starting a corp if you don't have a solid understanding of the game yourself is good advice. Yet, like you, I ignored it and went ahead and started my own corp, on day 1. Years later, we're still going. That is rare in eve.
First wardeck, first awoxer, first can flip, first gank... they were horrible moments when they happened. It felt that people just hated our very existence and did not want us noobs in their game. These days, I look back at those moments tenderly; they were great learning experiences.

Others have pointed out your choices: fight back, or disband and join another corp. I chose to fight back. I won. But it was the hard choice. It required taking risks, loosing ISK, getting out of my PvE bubble and learning how the game actually works. EVE is a PvP game. The moment you understand that, you can start enjoying it.
The easy and rational choice is for you and your corpmates to join another corp. Learn the game first.
But if you pull together and fight together, you will be all the better for it. But you will need to fight. No way around that.

Agony Unleashed has great PvP classes, if you are interested in learning how to fight big targets using small ships.

Great story...next time don't use a forum alt for it to make it more believable.

But what you showed here is the correct attitude.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#88 - 2013-12-27 18:57:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Talon SilverHawk
J'Poll wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:

Tal

ROFL.

If you want a social club in EVE...make a community chat channel. Making a corp means you can be pulled into a war, new player or veteran, that doesn't matter. A corp is more then a chat channel.

And the people that gave him advice, he ignored them or blunty said they were wrong.

The new players in his corp are leaving, not because of the wardecs (otherwise EVE-UNI would have been dead a long time ago), but because they lack of REAL leadership (So someone who does step up when needed, who does KNOW the game mechanics (and NO, reading endless guides don't count) and who will lead and teach those who join your corp).

ROFLMAO (look we can both do it caps as well).

Its a game, really have you asked the members who left why they did, or are you just rubbing your crystal balls and making a guess, you have no clue as to whether he's a good CEO or not, he may be good, he may be ****, let him make his mistakes and learn from them, don't discourage him, I 've seen others suggest that he join another outfits (as I did) but where in a positive light, your comments though where negative and making statements about things you have no idea about. Corps can be what ever you want them to be, I don't remember saying the corp was a chat channel myself, or is that just something you made up ?

Anyway that's my last on this one, see OP these things turn into a hand bag fight after a while with no value.

Fly safe

Tal
Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#89 - 2013-12-27 19:35:21 UTC
First of all, OP, you need to learn to distinguish between people insulting you and people offering well meaning advice that you don't happen to agree with. I have read this entire thread start to finish, and the only insults I have seen have come from you yourself, starting with the thread topic calling people cowards, and continuing through almost every post you wrote. Interestingly enough, some of the best advice in this thread came from the guy scouting for your enemies.

That said, I agree with you on one key point - it is ok for new players who have no idea what they were doing to start a corporation and run with it. One of the largest and most successful corps in this game, Brave Newbies Inc, was founded by a guy who was less than two weeks into the game at the time. It can be done, and there is no good reason not to try if it is what you want to do. A wise man (me) once wrote, "Lesson #1 that every new player in EVE should be taught is that anyone who says,'You can't...' or 'You shouldn't...' is either a coward or an idiot."

That said, you get nowhere by thinking that this game is something other than it is, or that your Corp deserves special consideration because you are new players. EVE means Everybody versus Everybody. It is a game about winning by by being more clever, more devious, more ruthless and/or more powerful than the competition. When you choose to found a corporation, essentially you are putting up a sign that says, "Here I am. Come at me, bro." If you get offended that people take you up on your challenge, then maybe you aren't quite ready to be a CEO yet. If you accept what comes, laugh about your mistakes and learn from them, and have the charisma to pass that attitude on to your members, then maybe you can pull it off after all.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Maximus Hashur
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2013-12-27 20:02:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Hashur
As in real life, there will always be people that are going to do what they want regardless of what they are being told is the true way of things. This person starts a corp and gets a few members, then gets war decked and loses members because they cant handle it. He then seeks help for what he see's as an injustice, or unfair way and when he gets what is the most rational advice - drop corp and join an established corporation to learn OR take his corp and join an alliance and take the time to learn first - he basically gets defensive and feels like people are attacking him (which to be fair some are).

That being said i do feel for the guy, but unfortunately OP, your playing a game that allows its members to be as good, or as bad as possible. That's the whole point of this open ended universe.

Imagine this was real life and the same mechanics - lets call them laws in my RL scenario - were in effect. Who would you run to in real life if a hostile force decided to wage war on your group and it was allowed by law? Its eat or be eaten and you are plainly not ready to have a corp. I suggest joining Brave Newbies, Eve University or any number of the other newb friendly groups out there. In the first 3 months of play no one knows **** about what their doing in this game. The only reason the brave Newbies founders survived and flourished is because they truly don't give a ****. War Dec them and they say hey lets fight. Lose 100 times they say lets make it 101. Since i joined brave Newbies (2+ year old character) ive had more fun and gotten in on more action then in the previous 2 years.

This game is what you make it. Lighten up and stop being so serious

Looked up...saw this F***ING clown dropping like a rock.  Woke up in Vylade wondering what just happened!!!

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#91 - 2013-12-27 23:23:50 UTC
Riel Saigo wrote:
Wardeccing a high-sec corporation actually isn't half as safe as a lot of people think it is.

A good portion of the time a small band of PvP-ers wardecs a high-sec mining corporation (at great personal cost in ISK) only to find that the high sec miners are all extremely rich and just hired a couple of massive and dedicated mercenary corporations to wipe the floor with your "pitiful little band."

Kind of puts in perspective who the real bullies in the game are.

Take note of this post. On your original question, why yes, there are certainly groups who will help you out with incoming wardecs for a price. Usually a dude knows a person that knows a guy (...) that enjoys to counterdec wardeccers going after soft targets. Things can go in weird ways. Another example: I ransomed a player and he payed up, I honoured the deal. We get into a friendly chat and what do you know: we can actually co-operate in a few fields long-term so we ended up exchanging services. If a guy like that gets decced I'm sure to hear about it, and it's not unthinkable we'd support him to get some PVP kicks.

Take a look at my corp history. Even I parked my corp on an alt some day because I wasn't sure I was CEO material yet. I hooked up with a bunch of guys in lowsec and learned a lot. Later on I decided that I wanted to run things a little differently, and restarted my corp with renewed vigor. New players starting corps is fine, but those players should understand they and their corp mates are in for a rough ride. You miss deeper knowledge of the gameplay mechanics (experience) and a network of players you have got to know over time.

Haedonism Bot's post rings very true. Eve is a PVP game at it's core, so you better learn to love it or go home. And that doesn't mean you need to be commanding fleets yourself, but you have to deal with the dec in matters of advice, morale, and reimbursement untill your corp has a dedicated guy that does. You cannot truly avoid wardecs and have the perks of a corporation at the same time.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#92 - 2013-12-28 02:30:09 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:

Tal

ROFL.

ROFLMAO (look we can both do it caps as well).

Its a game, really have you asked the members who left why they did, or are you just rubbing your crystal balls and making a guess, you have no clue as to whether he's a good CEO or not, he may be good, he may be ****, let him make his mistakes and learn from them, don't discourage him, I 've seen others suggest that he join another outfits (as I did) but where in a positive light, your comments though where negative and making statements about things you have no idea about. Corps can be what ever you want them to be, I don't remember saying the corp was a chat channel myself, or is that just something you made up ?

Anyway that's my last on this one, see OP these things turn into a hand bag fight after a while with no value.

Fly safe

Tal

Not saying he shouldnt be a CEO at all.

He currently shouldnt be a CEO. He said himself that member stop playing EVE because of a wardec, how come more settled corps dont have that...because of the experienced leadership. And as a CEO you and you alone are the end of the line when it comes to be the go-to person in corp.

I suggested to join another corp, for 1 reason only....lear the game and copy what settled corps have as leadership. The in time whe you have the knowledge about the game, you make your corp and it will prosper.

Aremon Rotineque
Doomheim
#93 - 2013-12-28 03:29:20 UTC
I was going to write something long and insightful. Carefully and politely pointing out that, as I read this entire thread tonight, I never once saw what I perceived to be the real original question even addressed in passing.

Then I considered that I may have misunderstood the question.

Then an epiphany struck: The very existence or a term like 'ragequit' implies a serious problem that no one cares about, or at the very least is ignoring and hoping it will go away.

Then there was this random thought about these corps doing the wardecs behaving like schoolyard bullies.

Then I realized it doesn't matter, since I've already given away my ships, equipment and money. Deleted my character (in the process of anyway), and cancelled my subscription.

Obviously no one has considered that the very concept of a shooting war of *any* description in a 'high security' area is a contradiction in terms. Perfectly logical and to be expected in anything less then high sec. But in a high sec area? Illogical, ludicrous, and several other less than complimentary things come to mind.

Like it or not people, wardecs such as the one that started this thread benefit no one. Not any corp, not any person, and certainly not the Eve Universe itself. I have no doubt that you lose far more potentially really good players to this specific practice than ever struggle through it. If you accept that Eve is purely PvP, then it doesn't matter. I tried Eve specifically because it was stated I could pursue a career that included a minimum of PvP.

Either the assertion that the core of Eve is PvP is a lie, or the advertising claiming that one does not have to engage in PvP is a lie. Both cannot be true.

Please, feel free to ignore me. Make the standard jokes and comments, make yourselves feel better by labeling me as whatever you wish. I am fully aware that this post will change nothing.

I'll come back and look a couple times before my account closes on the 6th. I'll bet I don't get even a single response that is not a thinly disguised flame.

In any event, those of you that can find enjoyment in what I know consider to be a virtually infinite ongoing disaster, please have fun, enjoy, and be good at it. I will seek my recreation elsewhere.

Wow..I got the long part even though I didn't mean too.
Dogg Style
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-12-28 03:44:35 UTC
Quote:

Either the assertion that the core of Eve is PvP is a lie, or the advertising claiming that one does not have to engage in PvP is a lie. Both cannot be true.

With the utmost respect. staying in an NPC corp has been said numerous times in this thread as perhaps the best way for new players to enjoy the non- PvP aspects of this game. But then there is always the suicide gankers... Nevermind... Learn to PvP, learn to avoid PvP or move on to what ever game you wish to play. I have played lots of MMO's. I get the most enjoyment out of Eve because I can play it any way I wish to play. As can you. As can anybody else.
Aremon Rotineque
Doomheim
#95 - 2013-12-28 04:13:43 UTC
Dogg Style wrote:
Quote:

With the utmost respect. staying in an NPC corp has been said numerous times in this thread as perhaps the best way for new players to enjoy the non- PvP aspects of this game. But then there is always the suicide gankers... Nevermind... Learn to PvP, learn to avoid PvP or move on to what ever game you wish to play. I have played lots of MMO's. I get the most enjoyment out of Eve because I can play it any way I wish to play. As can you. As can anybody else.

The instant that the game's website included the phrase "make your own corp" or some facsimile thereof in the description of the game, they shot your observation in the foot. Besides, face it, staying in an NPC corp limits your possibilities so much it nearly renders the game useless. Part of the point is to be able to develop and build and grow and explore. And the very definition of "high Security" means you should be free to do just that, without the continual harassment of various thugs who never grew out of being a schoolyard bully.
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#96 - 2013-12-28 04:40:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
Aremon Rotineque wrote:
I was going to write something long and insightful. Carefully and politely pointing out that, as I read this entire thread tonight, I never once saw what I perceived to be the real original question even addressed in passing.

Then an epiphany struck: The very existence or a term like 'ragequit' implies a serious problem that no one cares about, or at the very least is ignoring and hoping it will go away.

The existence of the term "ragequit" implies that a series problem has been acknowledged and labeled. If no one cared, or the problem was being ignored, there would be no name for it.

Anyway, your post is interesting, but belongs in its own thread so we can address your problem without derailing someone else's. Please note, if you post in NQ the response will generally be more understanding. This thread was started in GD and moved to NQ so the tone of this thread was set in a much less restrained forum, and so the tone does not reflect normal NQ threads.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Corez Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#97 - 2013-12-28 06:34:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Corez Fumimasa
Perhaps Ruger’s objective here is not to be left alone.

Maybe he is trying to understand how corps are infiltrated; the scout/spy who spoke up earlier explained his modus operandi. And now this Cartog fellow has shown up. Good lessons for a new player considering how to run a corp.

Alternatively he could be trying to school other new players about the dangers of joining a corp. Most Eve players go through a few trial periods before finding their groove. Those who have gone through the disaster of “AFOD” will be less likely to join a Noob Farming Corp.

Or he could be CCP Ruger; a stealth employee who’s job it is to shed tears and make the war deccers and tear seekers feel good about their work.

To get attention.

To identify certain types of characters / players in Eve.

To advertise AFOD as a corp dedicated to PvP averse game play.

There are many objectives that have been met by this thread and by the work of Ruger St1pe. It is interesting how people continue to assume that objectives which have not been met are actually the goal.
Solai
Doughfleet
Triglavian Outlaws and Sobornost Troika
#98 - 2013-12-28 07:10:00 UTC
This thread doesn't need more participants, but here I am anyways.

When I joined Eve, I joined a corp that was not sufficiently well led. That experience nearly had me quit. I cancelled my sub, and only barely re-subbed in time when(despite my expectations) I managed to catch a well organized, experienced corp in a last ditch effort.

I don't like the idea of valuable people leaving the game due to the sort of experience I had. So to newbies who are reading, please bare in mind that your gameplay experience can be vastly different, depending on the age of a corp, and the level of experience of the leadership structure(effective leadership in Eve comes from a team, not an individual).

Additionally, newbie audience, if you're interested in a leadership position, your best bet is to join an older, larger group. It's counter-intuitive, but true. In established, functional and competent groups, there's always a demand for people who take an active role, and put in all the extra work involved/required in leadership. It might not be at the top of the hierarchy at first, but if you are smart, then you will very likely rise in the ranks, and could eventually be the full leader of a large group after a year of gameplay. Additionally, an older corp will see you learning the game far faster.

Why a year? It's an arbitrary period, but because the game is too deep for an individual to be competent and well rounded within just a few months.

So to reiterate my plea to the newbie audience: Join an older corp led by experienced veterans - your experience will be so much better.
Sid Crash
#99 - 2013-12-28 09:23:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sid Crash
Aremon Rotineque wrote:

EVE at its core is about pvp, about advancing at the cost of others, where you can't exclude yourself from the sandbox and if people want it bad enough can always affect you and your game play, this is a GOOD thing and not because it's the best choice ever for everyone but because there's already enough (too many) MMOs for super safe autistic soloing where the MMO part doesn't really influence your game play. EVE is different and because of that most certainly not for everybody, nor does it try to be.

Every truly new player goes through this hazing (unless properly guided and eased into accepting that situation before it happens) and then it's pretty much finding out what one's reaction is; fight or flight. Most people flight the first time, or few times, and there's nothing wrong with that. But then you have a choice, does one go "**** this ****, I'll go back to [insert MMO]" or go "ok that hurt badly, lets do it better this time and be prepared".

Don't be fooled by the generic "grinding dailies" which feels similar to other MMOs, in EVE you deal, interact and compete with other players and if you're not ready, not prepared or simply not accepting that this is a player driven sandbox they WILL fck you over, because you let them.

EVE is Darwinism, you can choose to go extinct or you can choose to compete and win the rat race.

Also: There is no advertisement that states you don't have to engage in pvp
J'Poll
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-12-28 12:31:00 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Aremon Rotineque wrote:

Then there was this random thought about these corps doing the wardecs behaving like schoolyard bullies.

Then I realized it doesn't matter, since I've already given away my ships, equipment and money. Deleted my character (in the process of anyway), and cancelled my subscription.

Obviously no one has considered that the very concept of a shooting war of *any* description in a 'high security' area is a contradiction in terms. Perfectly logical and to be expected in anything less then high sec. But in a high sec area? Illogical, ludicrous, and several other less than complimentary things come to mind.

Like it or not people, wardecs such as the one that started this thread benefit no one. Not any corp, not any person, and certainly not the Eve Universe itself. I have no doubt that you lose far more potentially really good players to this specific practice than ever struggle through it. If you accept that Eve is purely PvP, then it doesn't matter. I tried Eve specifically because it was stated I could pursue a career that included a minimum of PvP.

Please, feel free to ignore me. Make the standard jokes and comments, make yourselves feel better by labeling me as whatever you wish. I am fully aware that this post will change nothing.

I'll come back and look a couple times before my account closes on the 6th. I'll bet I don't get even a single response that is not a thinly disguised flame.

In any event, those of you that can find enjoyment in what I know consider to be a virtually infinite ongoing disaster, please have fun, enjoy, and be good at it. I will seek my recreation elsewhere.

Wow..I got the long part even though I didn't mean too.

I laughed.

Even CCP say that EVE in its core is a PvP game.

They also say that high-sec is just safer but not completely safe.
And say that if you dont want wardecs, stay in NPC corp.

You are the next person who finds out that EVE might not be the perfect game for you and then blame the game for it.