These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RIGID Alliance puts 31ST Reliables on notice

Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-12-27 03:32:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
This is from the link provided in the 31ST's own in-game info box. This is their active campaign against The Gallows Alliance, who asked RIGID to assist. It seems copying and pasting the link of the campaign from their own killboards doesn't work, so I have edited the link above to go to their page, you can navigate to their campaign against Gallows from there until I find an alternative link.

After a shaky start and ~280 million worth of easy kills for the 31ST, RIGID was able to gather a stack of intel and organise Gallows into a fighting force to be reckoned with, taking down a 31ST Tengu worth almost 1bil isk. After a crash-course in PVP, Gallows came together as a community, possibly one of the first amongst highsec carebear corps, and defeated their enemy with minimal tactical aid from RIGID. The isk war is now running in favour of Gallows.

31ST, you are on notice.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-12-27 06:03:02 UTC
Congrats... You managed to kill a Tengu with 13 people and Jams.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-12-27 06:11:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Correction, 12 noobs, one vet, and one of the noobs was jamming, in a Griffin. We had a Blackbird as well, but he got himself concorded... cuz they're noobs. Besides, would 31st have done any different? I think not. A taste of their own medicine was necessary.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-27 06:13:08 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Correction, 12 noobs, one vet, and one of the noobs was jamming, in a Griffin. Besides, would 31st have done any different? I think not. A taste of their own medicine was necessary.

Maybe.. but they surely would not have padded themselves on the back and posted it here.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-12-27 06:14:50 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Correction, 12 noobs, one vet, and one of the noobs was jamming, in a Griffin. Besides, would 31st have done any different? I think not. A taste of their own medicine was necessary.

Maybe.. but they surely would not have padded themselves on the back and posted it here.

Ah, I see, you are confusing this post for back-patting. Even though it's clearly labelled "on notice".

Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-12-27 10:27:56 UTC
We did the same with an alliance we aided, who ended up doing 4b to the aggressor for very little in return, however, those people did not go posting on the forum about it and neither did we.

Point is this; just because they're noobs and live in high sec does not mean they're useless, and all your post serves to do is make it look as though you're patronising those you're trying to help.

I doubt any of your intended targets even read the fourm, only a very small percentage of the Eve population do. Taking that into account, you can see why Kane assumed this to be a self indulgent back patting exercise...

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

flakeys
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-12-27 10:37:39 UTC
Effect One wrote:
We did the same with an alliance we aided, who ended up doing 4b to the aggressor for very little in return, however, those people did not go posting on the forum about it and neither did we.

Point is this; just because they're noobs and live in high sec does not mean they're useless, and all your post serves to do is make it look as though you're patronising those you're trying to help.

I doubt any of your intended targets even read the fourm, only a very small percentage of the Eve population do. Taking that into account, you can see why Kane assumed this to be a self indulgent back patting exercise...

More like with such posts you'll attract new targets , the ones you rather not have .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-12-27 10:48:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Effect One wrote:

Yeah, I can understand that. My apologies for trying to be immersive in the community and bring a little thrill to the it. Honestly, most people we shared the Tengu kill with and showed the assured defeat of a high-sec station/pipe-camping corp who only goes after easy indy targets thoroughly enjoyed it.... didn't realise the forums would be such a buzzkill. Next time, I'll try to be more miserable and enjoy the game less like you guys.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey but you know what, this was a cool moment for us, and them, because a good plan came together. That doesn't happen for us very much, and it's a bit of a milestone. My only regret was my sec status kept me from being there as well, but all in all, if this was back-patting, we earned it.

So I'm not really sorry at all.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#9 - 2013-12-27 10:56:14 UTC
Well done, please continue, I rather like stories like this, and while I don't normally criticize people for their fits, that Tengu was kinda meh!

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-12-27 11:02:40 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Well done, please continue, I rather like stories like this, and while I don't normally criticize people for their fits, that Tengu was kinda meh!

Thank you very much, I was quite sure someone would enjoy it, and you are my target audience.

We gathered the fit was intended for grabbing easy targets on the Amarr undock, not really for getting into a real fight. This war is probably over now, though, after that loss for them. We're staying on our toes though, just in case.

Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2013-12-27 13:10:40 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Effect One wrote:

Yeah, I can understand that. My apologies for trying to be immersive in the community and bring a little thrill to the it. Honestly, most people we shared the Tengu kill with and showed the assured defeat of a high-sec station/pipe-camping corp who only goes after easy indy targets thoroughly enjoyed it.... didn't realise the forums would be such a buzzkill. Next time, I'll try to be more miserable and enjoy the game less like you guys.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey but you know what, this was a cool moment for us, and them, because a good plan came together. That doesn't happen for us very much, and it's a bit of a milestone. My only regret was my sec status kept me from being there as well, but all in all, if this was back-patting, we earned it.

So I'm not really sorry at all.

Nice job on finding ways to have fun against not-so-good odds !
Zaphog
Guy Fawkes Trust Fund
#12 - 2013-12-27 21:19:55 UTC
Its all good they get well deserved credit.

Kudos to Gallows for the kill we will just have to do better. Its nice to have a HS target that doesn't run. In fact maybe they would be willing to make the war mutual.

Cheers Z
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#13 - 2013-12-27 22:31:30 UTC
Guy Fawkes is back in their old alliance? Interesting...

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Magna Mortem
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-12-28 19:51:16 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
This is from the link provided in the 31ST's own in-game info box. This is their active campaign against The Gallows Alliance, who asked RIGID to assist. It seems copying and pasting the link of the campaign from their own killboards doesn't work, so I have edited the link above to go to their page, you can navigate to their campaign against Gallows from there until I find an alternative link.

After a shaky start and ~280 million worth of easy kills for the 31ST, RIGID was able to gather a stack of intel and organise Gallows into a fighting force to be reckoned with, taking down a 31ST Tengu worth almost 1bil isk. After a crash-course in PVP, Gallows came together as a community, possibly one of the first amongst highsec carebear corps, and defeated their enemy with minimal tactical aid from RIGID. The isk war is now running in favour of Gallows.

31ST, you are on notice.
Nice work!