These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why can't you hire crew?

Author
Jamagh
Grand Violations
#21 - 2013-12-27 14:32:30 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Sometimes I talk to and/or scream at my crew. But anyone nearby just thinks I screaming irrationally and insanely at an imaginary friend.

I'm really not crazy. Of course, that is exactly what a crazy person would say though right?

That's what they want you to think.

"Please stop reopening silly rumor threads."  CCP Navigator.

Vervz
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#22 - 2013-12-27 14:32:55 UTC
Lets hope we might get that 'interaction' via DUST. Mainly so I can shoot your crew in the FACE.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#23 - 2013-12-27 14:41:27 UTC
Derek xStarbuckx wrote:

Just seems weird with how deep EVE is that they wouldn't include some kind of crew aspect to the game.

Crew members would be NPCs, and no one gives a **** about NPCs or their feelings, because they're NPCs.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#24 - 2013-12-27 14:45:24 UTC
I would like to know the extent of a mission runners slaughter in a year, I don't have a math head so I'll just hope one of ye is willing
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#25 - 2013-12-27 14:47:48 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
I would like to know the extent of a mission runners slaughter in a year, I don't have a math head so I'll just hope one of ye is willing

About 300,000 gallons

Sorry thats just how we measure it round my way.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#26 - 2013-12-27 15:03:23 UTC
Derek xStarbuckx wrote:

Lastly. it just seems weird that I'm piloting a giant spaceship by myself.

It's future my friend. Things are getting weirder and weirder as you proceed forward.
stoicfaux
#27 - 2013-12-27 15:05:03 UTC
Imagine if prospective crew members used the space internet to look up a pod pilot's ship losses before deciding whether to sign on?

/that_is_why_we_don't_have_crews

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#28 - 2013-12-27 15:07:52 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

About 300,000 gallons

Sorry thats just how we measure it round my way.

love it
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#29 - 2013-12-27 15:12:59 UTC
The cost of the crew is less than one round of ammunition. When you buy a ship, the crew cost is on the scale of a rounding error on the sales tax for that trade.

So yeah, when you buy a ship for a million ISK or half a billion or ten, it seems like a rather safe assumption that some part of that cost is the hiring of a crew.
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#30 - 2013-12-27 15:27:59 UTC
Next time you open EveMon go to a ship's information window and look under System.

Look up Max Passengers. Caracal has 510. Etc..

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#31 - 2013-12-27 15:34:34 UTC
Tippia wrote:
The cost of the crew is less than one round of ammunition. When you buy a ship, the crew cost is on the scale of a rounding error on the sales tax for that trade.

So yeah, when you buy a ship for a million ISK or half a billion or ten, it seems like a rather safe assumption that some part of that cost is the hiring of a crew.

Confirming my crew members are all made of tritanium with a gooey zydrine core.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-12-27 15:49:44 UTC
Do we need just another thing to min/max your ship with for just the same narrow field of expertise?
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#33 - 2013-12-27 15:50:30 UTC
Scott DTA wrote:
I would like to see little escape pods fly out of my ship right before it explodes, save the crew, think of the little people.

People asked for that in the past. Reportedly a dev or GM said the crew escape pods do eject, but they're just too small to see.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#34 - 2013-12-27 15:52:05 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Scott DTA wrote:
I would like to see little escape pods fly out of my ship right before it explodes, save the crew, think of the little people.

People asked for that in the past. Reportedly a dev or GM said the crew escape pods do eject, but they're just too small to see.

and they also quickly starve to death.

Never forget.

Borsek
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2013-12-27 15:58:18 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Derek xStarbuckx wrote:
Istuff

You've been playing too much X-Afterbirth

Pretty sure it's X:Stillbirth
Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#36 - 2013-12-27 16:03:34 UTC
We don't interact with our crews because they are worthless peons who are below us. Why the hell would I want to casually chat with the hundreds of idiots who sweep spent shells into space for me?

We are pod pilots. We're the Joneses of outer space. So long as they make me decent sandwiches and stay the **** out of my face, my crew is doing their job.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-12-27 16:15:16 UTC
Derek xStarbuckx wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
Derek xStarbuckx wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
You do.
They come with the ship.

Can you prove it? Cause I don't remember paying anyone.

Its included in the cost of the ship itself :P

According to Lore almost all ships have a crew, you just dont interact with them and most of them will go down with the ship when the ship explodes, i dont think this will change :)

Just seems weird with how deep EVE is that they wouldn't include some kind of crew aspect to the game.

You really want to handle 20 thousand hires for the crew of a supercarrier?

The idea would work ok if game was designed from start with ath in mind and with ships ina different scale.

Also woudl make peopel even more resilient to PVP because they would have yet another thing to loose, their imaginary friend named hans that he hired to be the ship cook.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#38 - 2013-12-27 16:23:39 UTC
This is a stupid thread.

Total waste of pixels.

There is no benefit to have a crew.

I saved all those islands and all I had was 3 Mantas, 3 Walruses and a mostly-robot Carrier.

Did I ask for a medal? No!

Did I ask for crew to be installed on my Carrier? No!

Then, when the Midwinter hit, I was on that other island, and there was lots of crew there.

All of them were complete jerks.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#39 - 2013-12-27 17:17:49 UTC
Pay the crew!?! Nah, my scientists in my cargo hold injected the crew with Pax which made them all like insane animals. Now they are happy to run the ship provided they are allowed to eat the dead. So don't mess with a good thing.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

NFain
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-12-27 17:24:19 UTC
I too, wish to fit "Capt. James T Kirk" In my crew slot to obtain 200% damage output and 200% tanking ability to win fights I shouldn't.