These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#61 - 2013-12-26 22:38:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
Zerb Arus wrote:
Iria Ahrens wrote:

lots of useful info
That looks like a part of one of my checklists.

I did wartime-consulting for newer corps full-time for almost a year :)
... and that for FREE.

Now not so often anymore, but with assistance of my corp and not only with advice but also firepower.
... and still for FREE => its always different, always a challenge and always great fun for all involved parties!

Thank you.

There are so many free resources available, but learning where they are is part of the learning curve. Making friends of helpful people not biting their hand goes a long way...And of course, on this single shard persistent world, reputation matters so much more than other games. It IS the META game in many ways.

Personally, I consider leadership and moral the most important function of a CEO. It is important at the corporate level, but it becomes even more critical at the alliance level. Regions are won and lost on moral alone it seems.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#62 - 2013-12-26 22:41:58 UTC
Zerb Arus wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
It is very frustrating when people leave your corp and the game, and all you got left are trying to help the remaining. not everyone can understand that I guess, and are now going to but the grinder on me and my members. Also, telling me its my fault without blinking is not only wrong it is written out of being bored, "childish mean" and frustrated or whatever reason.

You sound like a CEO that actually cares. (that's not really a majority to my experience)
So thumbs up for that!

If you need assistance with keeping your members alive, or more importantly ENTERTAINED and motivated, feel free to contact me in-game.
We are by no means pros, but the last corp we helped enjoyed that time. You can ask them yourself!
We help with organisation, pilot training, man- & firepower, ... anything that helps keeping up the fun.

That sounds really really cool I will add you ingame, Yea, accepting all the help we can get, also giving it back if needed. Also pilot training is something we really need. If my corp get a breather, I will do some fleet training, getting some "wins" even if it is just against rats, to get the morale and confidence up. Sounds really cool you helped a corp props for that. I'm happy that you posted here I was hoping for attention like this. Also yes I think it is hard to be CEO and not care when someone shows your corp confidence you and joins.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-12-26 23:17:07 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
First off, no part of this post is supposed to be disrespectful to you in any way. I read through the thread and there's a massive amount of great advice in here even from the people that you considered insulting.

About a page back there was a list of things to learn if you want to fight back against their corporation, all of those are important and need to be looked into. In the mean time heres a list of steps I would take:

1. Set the enemy corp to -10 standings.
2. Require all members of your corp to avoid trade hubs (including but not limited to: Jita, Amarr, Dodixie, Hek and Rens) while on in corp characters for the duration of the war. Training up out of corp haulers is fast and takes very little time. This is to avoid giving up easy losses at camped gates.
3. Put a limit on the size and expense of ships your players fly for the duration of the war. This is to minimize losses that your opponents will actually care about. T1 cruisers make a good top end for this as they function well in both pve and pvp. This should keep all losses under 50 mill or so.
4. Link the eve uni overview guide for all members and require them to use it. You can make changes if you want to, but this is sufficient for now. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overview_Guide
5. No missioning or mining for the duration of the war without pickets, and only in systems that have stations. The pickets should be stationed on every gate into the system, and the miners/mission runners should have eyes on local at all times. Having their overview set up properly and the enemy corp set to -10 should give quick intel on war targets. (I would consider banning mining all together, mission ships can at least be quickly refit for pvp.) This is what eve uni does to safely run incursions during war time.
6. Transfer all corporate shares to your character if you have not already done so, and stop all recruiting efforts until the war ends.
7. Contact one of the above corps that offered to help for more info on how to pvp.

Everyone who said you are not ready to lead a corp is correct, so you're going to have to grow up fast. The steps I listed above should be immediate things to do if you have not done so yet. If you manage to drive them off, let us know. Its always cool to see new players fight back.

One last thing. You insulted Psychotic Monk earlier in the thread and ignored Cannibal Kane. If you want to survive long term in eve do your research into people before interacting with them. These are two of the more important players in the eve griefing community, and very very bad people to have as enemies. Monk especially has been known to give advice to new players about corporate security (just remember not to invite him into your corp). Check out his blog if you don't believe me. I do realize that monk was not exactly warm and friendly in his first post, but that's understandable when you started off the thread complaining about cowards picking on you.

I am turning on notifications for this thread if you have any questions.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#64 - 2013-12-26 23:43:29 UTC
It's pretty normal for new players to band together when starting out. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last. Some are more successful than others. The key is to find other ways for your members to learn about the game than from corp-mates. There are many public channels like Eve-Tutors that cater to new players. Most of these will be more useful for individual play than corporate leadership, but they can benefit your members. Find and provide links to common useful websites like eve-uni wiki (great general knowledge) and Eve Altruist (PvP info goldmine).

It's important that you and your members understand that this isn't just a corporate problem. New members will die, a LOT, the first time they choose to (or are forced to) participate in PvP, no matter the situation. It takes many deaths before you start to understand how to pilot correctly, how to fit correctly, when to engage, and when to flee. It's very useful to have someone experienced nearby that can tell you where you went wrong (hence the suggestions to join experienced corps). However, there are other ways to get this information.

If you are polite, your aggressor will usually tell you exactly what you did wrong/could have done better. Think over your fits carefully, and pay attention to which parts were useful and which ones weren't. Sometimes you are just being ganked or gates are camped; this is usually your fault as well. Perhaps you should have been watching d-scan or local? Perhaps you shouldn't be travelling through low sec? War targets have been seen in this area before? These are the kind of considerations you and your corp mates need to make. Try and make every loss a learning experience, and you will enjoy the game much more. Instruct your corp mates to ask their aggressors politely when they are killed what they could have done better. And get used to losses. They WILL happen.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Magna Mortem
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-12-27 00:45:36 UTC
Maybe I'll stomp on your face too sometimes, because you really ask for it.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#66 - 2013-12-27 01:31:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Thanks...

This was not aimed at you however. It was at the OP.

he is asking for help or names and I asked him to contact me via EVE mail. He is more then welcome to ignore me. He won't have that luxury if he keep this higher than thou attitude though.

OP contact Cannibal Kane before you regret not doing so, and be polite or you'll regret it either way.

He does not make idle threats, and you definitely don't want to receive one from him; because if you do, you're so screwed.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dogg Style
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2013-12-27 02:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Dogg Style
Ok. First my credentials in regards to this topic. I am not in the previously mentioned attacking corp but I am friends with all of them. I have also been the "lead" scout, if that is even a term, in regards to hunting the OP's corp down. While still learning the ropes, I am getting much better at my job and I believe the kill report shows it. This post has been amazing in regards to the initial claim of my friends being "cowards" as well as the advice given.
Being intimately involved with the above accusations as every kill mail that is associated with the OP, I have witnessed first hand, I would like to offer a couple of points to this great discussion.
1) I am still waiting for the OP to let the Eve community know that he was reimbursed for his kill. This was at the discretion of the CEO of the attacking corp and a decision that we have gently ribbed him about since doing it.
2) The OP is not the only player to have been reimbursed for his losses. Again, more ribbing to the CEO.
3) The reason this corp was war decked was for all of the reasons he is complaining about. Inexperience and lots of members equals great war reports. Just because you can start a corp doesn't mean you should. As the war report takes shape in the closing days of this war, I think we might all agree that the OP probably shouldn't have started a corp and invite so many new players in it.
Now, and this is directed specifically at you OP, you offered your member "two pages" of advice in mitigated your losses. As someone who has been spying, hunting and bringing in the ships to kill you, I feel my advice is geared most specifically to your current predicament. But it is my advice so I may be a touch biased. Because there is a tiny spot on my heart that feels passively guilty for bringing you to the point of this thread, I have worded my advice as if it were coming from you so you can simply copy and paste it into you MOTD. You are welcome in advance for my hard work and consideration for your time.
Dear Fistfull members,
Please ignore my previous two pages of advice. I have done some more research on the Google and I have compiled some things we can do to mitigate our heavy losses in the current war effort. While not being two pages of research, I believe the following pieces of advice might minimize our losses.
Advice #1: The Google informs me that we should rename our ships ASAP. Apparently, having my ship named Ruger Str1pe's Arbitrator makes it very easy to identify the ship I am flying and the direction I am at very quickly. This allows the "cowards" to reship into the correct tool for the job.
Advice #2: The Google also requests that we keep our eyes on the local channel. Apparently CCP puts our current war targets in red allowing us to see if there is enemies in system. If you see red... You will soon be dead. I came up with that myself and I am currently doing truckloads of research on getting it copyrighted.
Advice #3: The Google has told me that Agent Location services are throughout the Eve Universe. This allows the "cowards" to pay a nominal fee and see where we are in the universe. If we stay in one spot too long, they will come to us. But, and here is the piece of advice, if we stay on the move, it will make it tougher for them to find us.
Advice #4: This may not be something any of you want to hear. I know we all love to stare at rocks for hours on end. But the Google tells me that AFK mining is not a good idea for wartime. Our mining ships are slow and apparently easy to kill with simple frigates. If we mine rocks while afk, there is a chance we might come back to our computers staring at the inside of a station wall. If you want to mine please keep an eye on local (advice #2) and pre- align to a station just in case local fills with red.
Advice #5: Finally, and with a heavy heart, it is always your option to quit the corporation because of my lack of experience. Apparently everyone starts off in NPC corps which are immune to war decks. I didn't realize this prior to starting my own corp but apparently CCP encourages fighting in high- security areas through the war decking tool. But this can only be done with player owned corporations. I promise as your CEO to keep doing truckloads of research, to learn the game mechanics so that I can better train newer players and to reopen this corporation under the new name We Once Lost A Fistful Of Dollars. (I spelled fistful correctly this time.)

Yours truly,
The CEO

All kidding aside. Welcome to Eve mate. It is a nasty place filled with even nastier people. Your corp was decked because of its size and inexperience. You don't like it? Learn from it. In a couple of months, you are going to be on the giving end of these engagements and strangely enough, you will have readjusted all of the complaints you have above and come to terms that they are simply an educational tool. No education is free and quite honestly, you need to quit playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.

Good day sir and (insert advice #2 here)
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#68 - 2013-12-27 02:21:38 UTC
Now, step back, relax, take a breath and read your own thread.

Ruger St1pe wrote:
Yea, accepting all the help we can get,

Just FYI, you've spend a lot of post insulting people who gave you good advice.

Ruger St1pe wrote:

also giving it back if needed.

help and good advice is always needed, but everyone will of course evaluate said help and advice based on previous actions.

Ruger St1pe wrote:

Also pilot training is something we really need. If my corp get a breather, I will do some fleet training, getting some "wins" even if it is just against rats, to get the morale and confidence up.
Sounds really cool you helped a corp props for that. I'm happy that you posted here I was hoping for attention like this. Also yes I think it is hard to be CEO and not care when someone shows your corp confidence you and joins.

It's you who have decided to take on the role as CEO, to invite people and ask them to believe that you can lead them.

So it's up to you to find out if you are capable of that role.

There's a line in one of the classic promos for Eve:
"If you can lead, there's no limit to what you can achieve."

What people tend to ignore is that leading "if".

Appointing yourself as the CEO of a corporation doesn't automatically mean that you are capable of leading anything at all.

Leadership is earned by action.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Riel Saigo
Facta.Non.Verba
#69 - 2013-12-27 03:26:21 UTC
Wardeccing a high-sec corporation actually isn't half as safe as a lot of people think it is.

A good portion of the time a small band of PvP-ers wardecs a high-sec mining corporation (at great personal cost in ISK) only to find that the high sec miners are all extremely rich and just hired a couple of massive and dedicated mercenary corporations to wipe the floor with your "pitiful little band."

Kind of puts in perspective who the real bullies in the game are.
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#70 - 2013-12-27 08:55:00 UTC
Since most have been said I just want to add in one thing.

You say you have read up on the game, done your research, and that is great. But in EVE knowledge isn't enough, you need experience. It's sort of like saying you know how to ride a bike just because you saw it in the movie.
You might get the concept behind it, but you still don't have the full understanding of how it works and you will fall a few times before you get it.

Get friends that can help you, Jon an alliance, put an alt in another Corp to learn. . So many options.

But also. .. Even if you don't agree with someone else's play style, show them respect. If you don't you can be sure not many will respect you.

Good luck, and just be patient. It's hard to run a Corp, especially when your new, but it is possible.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#71 - 2013-12-27 08:56:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Avon
Ruger St1pe wrote:
The whole point of all your replies arent to help, it is also not to be informative, It is to keep me replying so you can say hey look lets get him.. Well guys what are you waiting for, my corp is full of Dangerous new people, impress us all and turn on the blender

I'm a noob too, and I can tell you right now, if a whole bunch of vets told me I was doing something the wrong way, I would sure as hell LISTEN!!

They cant all be wrong and you be right. It's impossible. The fact that you don't seem to be able to comprehend that is just bizarre.

Dude, they're vets, they have YEARS of experience in this game. Why don't you just *try* to follow their advice and see if it works?
Viktor Roesch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2013-12-27 11:01:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Viktor Roesch
OP, you really should listen to what people are telling you even though it seems they're all hostile (some are). Running a corp in EVE is like running a RL business; it takes good planning, judgement, people skills, management skills, experience and recruitment and then still most fail hard and get kicked to the ground by other, better companies. Simply going "here, read this to not die" isn't enough (and that's assuming that what you told them actually makes sense), it all starts with selective recruitment because if you don't do that you'll end up with a majority of folks who just can't be helped and a few spies for future wardecs.

And now that you've been making this rage thread you'll attract more and more trouble simply because of the head first raging you seem to do, you're not helping yourself and you're not helping anyone in your corp because of that. You tried and it went south, learn from that and go do something else for a while, join a good corp and see how they do things.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#73 - 2013-12-27 11:36:28 UTC
Writing 10 pages that i'm doing everything I can to insult someone does not make it true. If have insulted anyone they have also done their best to insult me too. Also It is funny to see that the more i'm doing something else that this post the more insulting I get. I can see there are lots of loyalty points to be made, writing that i'm insulting and stuff. Also nothing impressive about that, telling me I need to leave my corp and do something else is trying to insult, not help seriously. I have made contact with some really cool people through this and i'm happy about that. I guess what I just wrote here is an insult as well,,, But go ahead make your loyalty points, it is a smart way to do it, I can see that. But not really impressive. Thank you to the people who have honestly been trying to to help me in this post, I have read it all and thankyou. There I said thankyou, but go ahead and twist that into an insult too, and make loyalty points

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Viktor Roesch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-12-27 11:47:45 UTC
OR you could carry on, causing trouble left and right, attracting more and more problems and not doing your corp members any favours because of it. You see, good leaders leads because they feels it's good for the group, this obviously isn't good for your group.
Corez Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#75 - 2013-12-27 11:49:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Corez Fumimasa
Hey Ruger,

Are you from Spain? Your sentence structure has that ring to it.

In any case; welcome to New Eden. What are your goals here? Some of the advice being offered in this thread is based on the goals of those people offering the advice and may not be applicable to your situation.

Kindest regards,

Corey Fumimasa
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#76 - 2013-12-27 12:09:08 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Also nothing impressive about that, telling me I need to leave my corp and do something else is trying to insult, not help seriously.s

Actually, you are the one twisting things to be insults. Telling you to drop corp and go learn stuff stuff first isn't insulting at all, it is advice. Not liking advice doesn't make it an insult, that is your own attitude.

Like it or not, most people who are cognizant of your situation will probably be more concerned with your corp member's Eve experience than yours. Losing future eve players due to a Corp Manager's incompetence is not considered a good thing. Their advice therefore, is to make your corp member's game better in the most expedient manner possible. Holding your hand and teaching you doesn't do that, instead holding your hand just makes your corp members suffer through your learning experience.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-12-27 12:36:34 UTC
I have been watching this thread for a while.

Usually I am the first to condemn anyone faulting game mechanics for getting stomped, but in this case I feel it's ****** up to collectively lay into this guy for making a corp.

The last thing eve needs is another follower, someone who just tags along with the herd to whore on killmails, another poser who never undocks without backup overkill.

This thread should have been moved to Crime & Punishment, enlisting an ally to fight off a high sec war is a perfectly valid game mechanic.

Please spare us the cheap shots about how a newbie is unfit to lead. War decs only typically last for a week anyway, just dock up and bore the aggressors to death or move out of high sec until it runs out. No need to fold the corp, whatsoever.

Use this experience and grow in your role.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#78 - 2013-12-27 13:09:34 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Writing 10 pages that i'm doing everything I can to insult someone does not make it true. If have insulted anyone they have also done their best to insult me too. Also It is funny to see that the more i'm doing something else that this post the more insulting I get. I can see there are lots of loyalty points to be made, writing that i'm insulting and stuff. Also nothing impressive about that, telling me I need to leave my corp and do something else is trying to insult, not help seriously. I have made contact with some really cool people through this and i'm happy about that. I guess what I just wrote here is an insult as well,,, But go ahead make your loyalty points, it is a smart way to do it, I can see that. But not really impressive. Thank you to the people who have honestly been trying to to help me in this post, I have read it all and thankyou. There I said thankyou, but go ahead and twist that into an insult too, and make loyalty points

People arent insulting you when they say to disband the corp and join another one.

You clearly lack what is needed to be a CEO. As the moment you made your corp and recruited people you placed yourself in the position of sheppard over a herd of sheep. Now you complain you dont like that...thus should not do it.

EVE corps are more like RL corps then they are guild/clans from other games. If you dont have management skills (as in real life skill) then running a corp will be hard as a corp is more then a sociap club in EVE.

An option if you really would like to fly with friends is to either join the same corp that has good and experienced leadership (as plenty of corps take on new players but with exp. leadership the drop out is much lower) or stay in NPC corp and just create a community channel and do stuff together.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2013-12-27 13:36:46 UTC
Moneta Curran wrote:

Usually I am the first to condemn anyone faulting game mechanics for getting stomped, but in this case I feel it's ****** up to collectively lay into this guy for making a corp.

The last thing eve needs is another follower, someone who just tags along with the herd to ***** on killmails, another poser who never undocks without backup overkill.

This thread should have been moved to Crime & Punishment, enlisting an ally to fight off a high sec war is a perfectly valid game mechanic.

Please spare us the cheap shots about how a newbie is unfit to lead. War decs only typically last for a week anyway, just dock up and bore the aggressors to death or move out of high sec until it runs out. No need to fold the corp, whatsoever.

Thankyou very much, I will also take your advice and use this experience and grow.

_________

I wish everyone happy holidays, btw. I had a great xmas and I hope you did too. I truly appreciate anyone who have tried to help me in this thread, along with any positive interest . So thankyou for that. If anyone truly feel like I misunderstood you I hope you will receive my sincere holiday blessings, in the same spirit you wrote your reply.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#80 - 2013-12-27 13:38:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Moneta Curran wrote:

The last thing eve needs is another follower, someone who just tags along with the herd to ***** on killmails, another poser who never undocks without backup overkill.

By creating a corp he opened himself and his fellow corpies up to the wardec mechanic, if he can't handle the consequences and responsibilities that come with being a CEO, then yes he is unsuited to lead. Given that he's a newbie it's pretty much a case of the blind leading the blind anyway. Nobody's shitting on him for being a newbie, his attitude is another matter entirely.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack