These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#41 - 2013-12-26 20:59:38 UTC
I looked it up and they are being decced by THE EVE BROTHERHOOD.

The war report has a Navy Raven and some mining ships mostly.

Mining during war is a bad idea, unless you all move somewhere more remote than Ardhishapur Prime and environs. And watch local like a hawk. Dock up when reds appear in local.

The Raven was lost close to Jita, again a bad place to be.

If you are giving advice and these players still choose to do dumb things and drop off then they are doing you a favor. If they are too stubborn to adapt it is on them.

Look up their killboard, find out where they like to hang out from where most of their kills are, and be somewhere else.

Run locators on their players, keep them in your watch list. Always have eyes.

Go into Providence, or into a wormhole.

There's a lot of choices.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2013-12-26 21:05:45 UTC
So I asked you to send me details...

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2013-12-26 21:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
I heard you the first time already replied, and if you really think that I can be faulted for new members getting gimped by a year+ old vets moving in fleets with the sole purpose. Then you might need some more knowledge, personally I'm pretty sure you are just trolling because you want some "fun" reactions and to appease the "hate spree" against me for making this thread, again very very impressive of you

You're getting hate because your thread consists of a blanket insult. This thread was clearly made so that you could passive-aggressively call someone a coward, not so you could actually get help with your problem. Why would you expect a constructive response to that?

So, getting back to the point - You yourself admitted that following good advice can allow a newbie to evade ganks, back when you were talking about what a helpful and knowledgable CEO you are. However, now you appear to be talking about how newbies are helpless against the onslaught of fleeted veterans. Which is it? Can newbies be taught to stay alive, or not?

If they can't, how on earth does EVE keep growing, and why do newbies stick around? If they can be taught, then why is your corp failing at it?

Quote:
What a big load of bullcrap, yea I am to blame because they got gimped my grannys butt, not gna make much more reply for you, All I can says is , uhm ok. The storm I created,,, yea, well whatever happens, that line made me smile actually, not in the way you intended

It is your fault. New members joining a corp are usually looking for guidance because they, rightfully, realize that they don't understand the game. You acknowledged that role by talking about how much effort you put into putting up bulletins. However, you clearly aren't doing a very good job of it, or your wouldn't be having issues with members ragequitting after dying repeatedly.

Another big pile of bullcrap and "corps can keep new players alive forever and from the start"argumets I have to rely on your arguments, and no you cant be certain that day old players don' get killed. It is also up the the player and what they are doing in game, so theres ur answer, keep posting pls,,

how on earth does EVE keep growing, and why do newbies stick around?
Does it, you in fact dont know that, what does that have to do with this!!?
Some stick around I never said all left:S are you haveing a hard time with your pears and apples keeping them appart?

Well I guess calling someone a coward is provoking, but it is true waht I wrote noone can deny. All I get is Dont bark bigger that you bite threats

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#44 - 2013-12-26 21:08:58 UTC
Quote:
Another big pile of bullcrap and "corps can keep new players alive forever and from the start"argumets I have to rely on your arguments, and no you cant be certain that day old players don' get killed. It is also up the the player and what they are doing in game, so theres ur answer, Ikeep posting pls,,

how on earth does EVE keep growing, and why do newbies stick around?
Does it, you in fact dont know that?
Some stick around I never sai all left:S are you haveing a hard time with your pears and apples?

"Not getting killed" and "not being killed repeatedly to the point of RQing the game" are two different things. Of course my members die. I die. Everyone dies occasionally. The difference is that people can be guided to learn from their mistakes and, while new members may die to a silly mistake, they don't need to die twice to the same mistake.

I know that EVE keeps growing because it is objective fact. The number of concurrent accounts is known (or at least, announced at certain milestones) and the average # of accounts connected to Tranquility can and is tracked. When I started in 2007 we didn't have anywhere close to 40K people connected to TQ, ever.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#45 - 2013-12-26 21:11:35 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Send me the name of the corp ingame.

THE EVE BROTHERHOOD, apparently, a Corp with 13 members (against OPs 45 member Corp). (So much for "twice the size", btw.)
It is also currently at war with another 40 member (mining?) Corp.

Anyway, while this seems like a classic bash-the-helpless-hi-sec-newbie-wardec, I still withhold my judgement until I hear the side of the attacker.
After all, it wouldn´t be the first time that the very same helpless newbie was running his mouth off in local, got wardecced for it, then came crying to the forums for help.... OP certainly has some potential for that.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#46 - 2013-12-26 21:12:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Cannibal Kane wrote:

THE EVE BROTHERHOOD declared war on A fistfull of dollars on 12.13.2013

The current war report has a staggering 1,150,192,825 ISK destroyed by the aggressor, with no losses.

Kills include:

Coveter (& Pod)
Navy Raven
Catalyst
Venture (& Pod)
Covetor
Ibis (& Pod)
Venture

http://zkillboard.com/corporation/98273322
http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_external_id=98273322

Aggressor corp must not be posting them to killboards, because the kills aren't there. You can see the losses ingame though. Nasty stuff.

Katrina Oniseki

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#47 - 2013-12-26 21:13:25 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Ruger, if you already know better than all these people giving you advice then why did you ask for their advice in the first place?

Did you come up with that whole sentence yourself,,, Im being accused of being the cause of day old players getting gimped in my corp, since I know it is really not the case I find it amusing to see how Some find it amusing to keep the troll parade going

Mate ignore some of the trolls on this forum, there are allot of them, which does make the community and game seem really poisonous and unwelcoming. (CCP take a note here)

Cherry pick the good advice and ignore the rest of the tards, nothing wrong with you starting you're own corp, just be ready to take some hits from those that like picking on weaker opponents.

You have 2 options, take your mates and join a more established corp learn, then when you think you are ready form your own and go after the tards that attacked you.

Stay in your current corp, get cheap ships and fits and enjoy the fights, learn by jumping in the deep end.

Nothing wrong with being a noob CEO, when I started playing we where all noobs learning the game, some lessons are tougher than others. Some ppl forget that and feel entitled (I got another buzz word in) to show how superior they are (not).

Last thing don't try arguing your point on these forums or you will get trolled, you can but in the end it turns into a he said, she said hand bag party and soon someone will mention harvesting tears ( yawn)

Tal

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2013-12-26 21:15:48 UTC
The whole point of all your replies arent to help, it is also not to be informative, It is to keep me replying so you can say hey look lets get him.. Well guys what are you waiting for, my corp is full of Dangerous new people, impress us all and turn on the blender

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2013-12-26 21:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

The current war report has a staggering 1,150,192,825 ISK destroyed by the aggressor, with no losses.

Kills include:

Coveter (& Pod)
Navy Raven
Catalyst
Venture (& Pod)
Covetor
Ibis (& Pod)
Venture

(Working links to killboards incoming)

Thanks...

This was not aimed at you however. It was at the OP.

he is asking for help or names and I asked him to contact me via EVE mail. He is more then welcome to ignore me. He won't have that luxury if he keep this higher than thou attitude though.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Katrina Oniseki
#50 - 2013-12-26 21:19:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Ahh, I understand now. My mistake. Big smile

I'll let you do your thing.

Katrina Oniseki

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2013-12-26 21:22:31 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Kills include:

Coveter (& Pod)
Navy Raven
Catalyst
Venture (& Pod)
Covetor
Ibis (& Pod)
Venture

http://zkillboard.com/corporation/98273322
http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_external_id=98273322

Aggressor corp must not be posting them to killboards, because the kills aren't there. You can see the losses ingame though. Nasty stuff.

Yes, this is all what i'm talking about, I never said anything different. Also I didn't bring corp names into this if you do it is your choice ofc.

Katrina Oniseki
#52 - 2013-12-26 21:32:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
You're talking about a specific war, of which you're only (and have only ever been) engaged in one. It's not hard to figure out who you're talking about, whether or not you name names.

EDIT: It's worth noting that everything about your current war can be looked up both ingame and out-of-game. Public records are pretty comprehensive, so there really isn't any privacy here about it.

Katrina Oniseki

Zerb Arus
WormSpaceWormS
#53 - 2013-12-26 21:43:15 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:

"Not getting killed" and "not being killed repeatedly to the point of RQing the game" are two different things. Of course my members die. I die. Everyone dies occasionally. The difference is that people can be guided to learn from their mistakes and, while new members may die to a silly mistake, they don't need to die twice to the same mistake.
Pretty much this

Kahega Amielden wrote:

I know that EVE keeps growing because it is objective fact. The number of concurrent accounts is known (or at least, announced at certain milestones) and the average # of accounts connected to Tranquility can and is tracked. When I started in 2007 we didn't have anywhere close to 40K people connected to TQ, ever.
... this however, not so much.
Yes EvE has definitely more users now than 2007, but a look at the concurrent logged in users graph suggests an increasing amount of alts rather than real people.

First war(s) are really tough if you are a fresh new corp with new players!

It usually ends up one of three ways: (least likely scenario first)
 a) you manage to get through that all by yourself (not many new corps manage to do that)
 b) you get help from someone that has experience with that
 c) your members fall prey to natural selection (quit corp or EvE) until the corp dies.

But here is the BIG GOOD thing about that:
If you find a way to survive that without your corp-health dwindling (either with help from others or alone), THAT'S something your members will remember and tell stories about.
THAT's what makes EvE unique, challenging and interesting.

I can point you to a few that managed that (with some help).
They went from "what a **** game I'm gonna quit" to "that is actually fun, I want some more of that in the future"

Modern games are scripted in a way that you wont ever be put into a situation that you cant win even with one hand tied behind your back.
In EvE, survival is a real achievement, which is far more rewarding.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2013-12-26 21:46:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Ruger, if you already know better than all these people giving you advice then why did you ask for their advice in the first place?

Did you come up with that whole sentence yourself,,, Im being accused of being the cause of day old players getting gimped in my corp, since I know it is really not the case I find it amusing to see how Some find it amusing to keep the troll parade going

Mate ignore some of the trolls on this forum, there are allot of them, which does make the community and game seem really poisonous and unwelcoming. (CCP take a note here)

Cherry pick the good advice and ignore the rest of the tards, nothing wrong with you starting you're own corp, just be ready to take some hits from those that like picking on weaker opponents.

You have 2 options, take your mates and join a more established corp learn, then when you think you are ready form your own and go after the tards that attacked you.

Stay in your current corp, get cheap ships and fits and enjoy the fights, learn by jumping in the deep end.

Nothing wrong with being a noob CEO, when I started playing we where all noobs learning the game, some lessons are tougher than others. Some ppl forget that and feel entitled (I got another buzz word in) to show how superior they are (not).

Last thing don't try arguing your point on these forums or you will get trolled, you can but in the end it turns into a he said, she said hand bag party and soon someone will mention harvesting tears ( yawn)

Tal

Thankyou for taking your time to write this, and I respect that you are writing something different from the general thread trend. I also agree with what you are writing, and I also think I can run a corp, I have currently been working really really hard to get it going and again i'm glad for your reply sir.

____

Also to the others who have posted, I wont reply to more since all from now on will be to get me worked up or something, to write something, personal. I refuse to write stuff like that since it is degrading for any person. I'm not a hateful bad person and, I like to help and I like to learn. It is very frustrating when people leave your corp and the game, and all you got left are trying to help the remaining and feeling responsible. not everyone can understand that I guess, and are now going to put the grinder on me and my members. Also, telling me its my fault without blinking is not only wrong it is written out of being bored, worked up and frustrated or whatever reason.

Zerb Arus
WormSpaceWormS
#55 - 2013-12-26 22:03:07 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
It is very frustrating when people leave your corp and the game, and all you got left are trying to help the remaining. not everyone can understand that I guess, and are now going to but the grinder on me and my members. Also, telling me its my fault without blinking is not only wrong it is written out of being bored, "childish mean" and frustrated or whatever reason.

You sound like a CEO that actually cares. (that's not really a majority to my experience)
So thumbs up for that!

If you need assistance with keeping your members alive, or more importantly ENTERTAINED and motivated, feel free to contact me in-game.
We are by no means pros, but the last corp we helped enjoyed that time. You can ask them yourself!
We help with organisation, pilot training, man- & firepower, ... anything that helps keeping up the fun.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#56 - 2013-12-26 22:04:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
sigh. You really need to cut the attitude.

Alright, as CEO you need to make policy decisions and educate your members. One of those policies is whether to be prey or predators. Because in every PVP encounter you are one or the other. Another policy is reim. Another policy is modified warfare behavior.

If you decide to be prey. Such as being pure pve then you will STILL have to learn some basic PVP tactics and skills. . Because if you do not, all you can do otherwise is shed tears. Many unused features become critical in pvp. Specifically:
Preparing the overview for pvp
d-scan
pre-aligning
safespots
insta-warps
tactical bookmarks
placement of the local window
fitting for flight
flying in groups for mutual support
leadership skills
Instant recognition of ships by name and cognizance of the most likely uses and fittings
Watch list-it is not just for friends
War Mechanics
How to evade gate camps.
Where to and not to warp in system when hostiles are present
How to deal with spys
How to make isk during war
How to move goods during war
POS mechanics
Psychological warfare in eve
Killboards and Killmails. Specifically looking up your enemy's losses and figuring out counter fits.
How to learn from and adapt to enemy tactics
Leadership and moral. Calling your attackers cowards doesn't improve your corp's moral. It makes the leadership seem impotent. You never want to commiserate with corp members. Your goal is to make them feel empowered.
For starters....If you want to be offensive then you need to really get on your game.

One thing I always looked for in my Corps is whether they had a reim policy. It didn't necessarily have to be for the ships I fly, but the existence of a reim policy, at all, says a lot about the corporation. Newbies need support, a reim policy provides a form of support that reduces the hardship from dying. Actually, requiring members to insure ships flown in war, and having a reim policy together can make dying somewhat profitable.

During warfare it is common to require no mining or mission running in high-sec. When I was in 101st the CEO would declare "weapons free" on any corp member afk mining or missioning in high-sec. Then any corp members in the area would converge and blow up the corp member....and you thought corps were hard on other corps...

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2013-12-26 22:07:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Send me the name of the corp ingame.

THE EVE BROTHERHOOD, apparently, a Corp with 13 members (against OPs 45 member Corp). (So much for "twice the size", btw.)
It is also currently at war with another 40 member (mining?) Corp.

Anyway, while this seems like a classic bash-the-helpless-hi-sec-newbie-wardec, I still withhold my judgement until I hear the side of the attacker.
After all, it wouldn´t be the first time that the very same helpless newbie was running his mouth off in local, got wardecced for it, then came crying to the forums for help.... OP certainly has some potential for that.

I can ensure you that is NOT the case, I would be more than happy to get this verified. Writing like that is sounds like you already judged me anyway. But I am very HIGHLY aware this is a game and that getting personal is NOT a part of the game for any reason, not even if the other part is!. Please contact anyone who have killed me ingame and ask if have mouthed off even slightly. I might be writing to someone who is like 14, kid or whatever, It would be more than justified if I went full ****** on someone, but I did not. Just had to stress that,

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-12-26 22:19:08 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
I still say that people who wages war with a new corp are cowards. who want easy kills. Nothing impressive there,

All I get for trying to help my corp, is threats of wardec in here, and people telling me I can go **** myself and my corp cause I am a new player. Well wow impressive, advice. Well sure if I get 10 wardecs for making a thread about it sure im gone. Fck it. I am just pointing out something EXTREMELY unpopular and true. Also I didnt name any corps in here, at least im not a scared kitten who wont make a post on something to help his members. It is a lame mechanics that you can gimp new players for fun.

As expected, your pride and ego is too big for you to sit down and think, "Hey maybe I am doing something wrong." Go on. Throw a temper tantrum about it. Whine and complain and make a big scene. Threaten to quit the game! You're not the first one to do that, and CCP isn't going to come down from the mountain to save you because you are ignoring legitimate advice.

I told you to go back to school, because you're not ready to run your own business yet. If you're too thickheaded and/or prideful to understand that, I have no sympathy for what comes next.

That being said, this isn't the right forum for help if that's what you're looking for. You should be posting in New Citizens Q&A. That forum is for new players to ask questions and get answers, and the answers are generally less harsh than those you will find in this forum.

My pride and ego? I see my members quitting a game they just began to understand and im thinking what can I do.

Simple.

Close your corp, because you are NOT qualified to run a corp if you can't teach other new players, if you can't take advice and above all if you can only whine about a perfectly working-as-intended game mechanic.

Close the corp and join a proper corp who know what they are doing, this count even more for your members.
I feel sorry for those who joined you.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Zerb Arus
WormSpaceWormS
#59 - 2013-12-26 22:26:54 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:

lots of useful info
That looks like a part of one of my checklists.

I did wartime-consulting for newer corps full-time for almost a year :)
... and that for FREE.

Now not so often anymore, but with assistance of my corp and not only with advice but also firepower.
... and still for FREE => its always different, always a challenge and always great fun for all involved parties!
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2013-12-26 22:30:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Ruger, I think you may have missed just how helpful a lot of the posters were trying to be. The EVE community us an acquired taste. We've gotten the way we are because New Eden is a hard cold place. Even though it might not have been the answer you were looking for it was just as hard, cold & honest as your problem is.

The reality is that there are entire corps devoted to declaring war against soft targets. Though some of them do it because they enjoy the easy kills most are professionals. They are after lot and ransom. It's not easy finding creative ways to earn ISK. This is one of them.

Another reality of the game and community is that there are very few corps at any given time who are willing to assist the new bros in their wars. It is expensive, plain and simple. If you go search the C&P forum you will find a thread detailing the lastest failscade of a white knight alliance. They pop up from time to time and disappear quickly.

Leading a corp in EVE is not like other games. But then you've already heard that. If you want to hold your corp there is really only a few options. Keeping in mind of course that you will always lose members to various reasons anyway.

1. Make friends: having an alliance to back you is a big help. It can also be expensive (depending on the alliance) but the cost should be attainable for a 40 man corp with a high income. It doesn't need to be official though. Just being friendly with the right people will go a long way.

2. Move: low sec isn't as bad as most people seem to think. From the looks of it your would be dispatchers wouldn't step foot out here. W-space is another common option for avoiding wars but I wouldn't suggest it for your crew. There are however more than one newby wormhole corp.

3. ?

4. Profit

Obligatory "welcome to EVE" & good luck man.

One more note. You might not yet know why it is so important to respond very respectfully to Cannibal Kane's offer of mailing him the details but you really should. He will either help you for fun... or hunt you for fun... choice is yours.

Edit: one more, one more note: some of the wall of resistance that you're running up against in this thread has to do with the fact that EVE is a single server game. We can't escape our reputations in EVE. For instance Cannibal Kane has a reputation for making loudmouth CEO's rage quit. Some of the other posters here have simply been upholding their rep's as hard asses. You are developing a rep of your own right now.