These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#21 - 2013-12-26 19:49:31 UTC
Why is it that noobs like to pick one system and treat it like an office and never go anywhere?

People deccing in highsec may want easy ganks, so why not just roam? They are not going down wormholes and roaming nullsec to find targets.

This "noobs playing house" thing is so apparently dumb I wonder of these wardecs are inspired by it, perchance the more experienced players are trying to break noobs out of bad habits? I don't know.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#22 - 2013-12-26 19:57:47 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
First I used a truck load of time researching the game, I found out how to avoid getting gimped so easily, but I cant chuck that info down the throat of new members,

Perhaps not, but it is your job as a CEO to lead. I suggest having guidelines, rules, tutorial fleets or other behavior-affecting tactics in order to get your members to do the right thing, even if they do not yet understand why.

For example, if a group of newbies in nullsec was dying to a bubble gate camp over and over, some measures could be:

• Set up one or two corp bookmarks allowing for passage around the bubble.
  • Send a corp mail informing people of the bookmark, and of how it can help them.
  • Personally contact anyone who still dies to the gate camp to find out what happened.
  • (Maybe) set up a trap for the campers, if their methods are predictable enough.

I use the nullsec example simply as a fictitious template; I would rather not put words in your mouth and make leadership decisions for you.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#23 - 2013-12-26 19:59:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Ruger St1pe wrote:

First I used a truck load of time researching the game, I found out how to avoid getting gimped so easily, but I cant chuck that info down the throat of new members,

Excellent. Keep reading, and start making friends in smart places. Do some social networking. Find out who the big players are around here and start learning from them.

Quote:
I am ALWAYS polite, pointing out is that one is a coward for gimping a new corp in not personal, since I am not naming ANYONE. It is a fact!

EVEN the opposing leader wrote to me that he said that I seemed like a nice guy since I was NOT ABUSIVE.

That is an admirable personality trait, and I'm sure you're a nice guy. That, however, has no bearing on your problem?

Quote:
If someone twice your size stars poking you around, is that impressive? is that a fight? no its a cowards game, and it is a broken mechanics, so go ahead threaten me all you want.

No, it is intended mechanics. The game is purposefully designed this way. There is nothing broken about it.

Quote:
I cant even point out a mechanins and ask for help in forum without ingame threats well nice, Im sure no topics are flumped under the rug on that account.

I am not threatening you. My corp/alliance don't fly in highsec, don't pick on newbie corps, and generally don't care about your corp.

Edited to be less rough because this isn't in GD anymore.

Katrina Oniseki

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-12-26 20:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
If my corp gets painted red by this post and I get endless wardecs, sure I will tell my members to go somewhere else, and I will go my way too. I wasnt trying to ruins people time by making a corp, I also spend a truck load of time reading up on the game and making helpfull bulletins. You all want to paint me to be a terrible person who should warn members of my very existence in EVE. Well I am not a terrible person, I love to help others and I also dont mind getting killed! But being more or less helpless while I loose all my members leave the game hurts, and for me it starts gets personal when someone leaves a game .

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Katrina Oniseki
#25 - 2013-12-26 20:02:14 UTC
Relax dude. Nobody is saying you're a terrible person.

Katrina Oniseki

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#26 - 2013-12-26 20:04:55 UTC
If you're not good enough to teach your members how to survive a war then you're not good enough to be a CEO and you deserve any war you get yourself into. Also the "we're cool folks just look at our corp info" probably isn't helping you avoiding wardecs.

Generally if you bark louder than you can bite don't be surprised if someone calls your bluff, and in your case I'd stay away from barking altogether... for a long time.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-12-26 20:14:42 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
If you're not good enough to teach your members how to survive a war then you're not good enough to be a CEO and you deserve any war you get yourself into. Also the "we're cool folks just look at our corp info" probably isn't helping you avoiding wardecs.

Generally if you bark louder than you can bite don't be surprised if someone calls your bluff, and in your case I'd stay away from barking altogether... for a long time.

So if someone in my corp gets killed and leaves the game it is my fault that they left the game ? Nothing to do with them struggling the ropes, and 3 players who has been playing for over a year jumps in jams and kills.

I wrote 2 pages alone in the bulletin on how to avoid getting killed.

Also the threat to me,to stop barking for a while is getting a real trend in the thread. It is actually a bit unpleasant but I guess that is the point and that it, feels good to threaten someone who cant bite back.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#28 - 2013-12-26 20:17:22 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
If my corp gets painted red by this post and I get endless wardecs, sure I will tell my members to go somewhere else, and I will go my way too. I wasnt trying to ruins people time by making a corp, I also spend a truck load of time reading up on the game and making helpfull bulletins. You all want to paint me to be a terrible person who should warn members of my very existence in EVE. Well I am not a terrible person, I love to help others and I also dont mind getting killed! But being more or less helpless while I loose all my members leave the game hurts, and for me it starts gets personal when someone leaves a game .

Your OP was in GD, which is the forum where eve players are traditionally as harsh and abusive as possible when they bother to answer your questions. Now that your post has been moved to NCQ&A the tone will change for any following posts, but the general advice will stay the same.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#29 - 2013-12-26 20:17:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
Quote:
If my corp gets painted red by this post and I get endless wardecs, sure I will tell my members to go somewhere else, and I will go my way too. I wasnt trying to ruins people time by making a corp, I also spend a truck load of time reading up on the game and making helpfull bulletins. You all want to paint me to be a terrible person who should warn members of my very existence in EVE. Well I am not a terrible person, I love to help others and I also dont mind getting killed!

There are plenty of corps and alliances that live out in lowsec/nullsec, and that bring brand new players out there with them...and manage to thrive. Why is your corp different? If you have such an encyclopedic knowledge of EVE based on a "truck load" of research, then why can other people do it and you can't? Rifterlings brings brand new players out to lowsec and they do just fine, and it certainly has nothing to do with a lack of people trying to kill them.

You do not know nearly as much as you think that you do. Even if you spent an infinite amount of time researching the game, not every bit of information you need to know is documented neatly on a webpage. New players can be taught to stay alive and avoid needless death...but they need to actually be taught, by an experienced person who knows what they're doing.

Quote:

I could write two pages on any topic in the world; that wouldn't make it insightful or useful.
Katrina Oniseki
#30 - 2013-12-26 20:20:33 UTC
So what is it you actually want? Do you just want us to link a few mercenary corps for you? You're clearly not interested in any other advice.

Here, hire these guys:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=130452 - The Marmite Collective
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=184833 - Noir. Mercenary Group
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=283608 - Pod Repo
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=288315 - The Vikings of Valhalla
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=270184 - Whore and Peace
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=188439 - The Devil's Warrior Alliance
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=291572 - Sovereign Infinity
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=288483 - Repercussus

All on the first page of Crime & Punishment:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=252

Katrina Oniseki

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2013-12-26 20:26:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
If my corp gets painted red by this post and I get endless wardecs, sure I will tell my members to go somewhere else, and I will go my way too. I wasnt trying to ruins people time by making a corp, I also spend a truck load of time reading up on the game and making helpfull bulletins. You all want to paint me to be a terrible person who should warn members of my very existence in EVE. Well I am not a terrible person, I love to help others and I also dont mind getting killed!

There are plenty of corps and alliances that live out in lowsec/nullsec, and that bring brand new players out there with them...and manage to thrive. Why is your corp different? If you have such an encyclopedic knowledge of EVE based on a "truck load" of research, then why can other people do it and you can't? Rifterlings brings brand new players out to lowsec and they do just fine, and it certainly has nothing to do with a lack of people trying to kill them.

You do not know nearly as much as you think that you do. Even if you spent an infinite amount of time researching the game, not every bit of information you need to know is documented neatly on a webpage. New players can be taught to stay alive and avoid needless death...but they need to actually be taught, by an experienced person who knows what they're doing.

Quote:

I could write two pages on any topic in the world; that wouldn't make it insightful or useful.

Again someone who implies that I am to blame for my members getting killed. read my above reply. I know the "leader" is to blame is a well used cliche. The members who have READ my instructions havent died. I get a but where are the bulletin? after someone get killed in the ingame chat. Even though it says in red letters to read the corp bulletin and that we are at war in the welcome mail. There is only so much I can do. I see how it is easy to come into this thread and say Well you are new = cant run a corp and is to blame for any casualties.

And please go ahead and implly that what I am instructing my members is bullcrap,, well I can ensure you that is not, I didnt write 2 pages on how to ride santas raindeer, even though its fun to make that impression

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-12-26 20:30:31 UTC
Send me the name of the corp ingame.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#33 - 2013-12-26 20:31:00 UTC
Quote:
Again someone who implies that I am to blame for my members getting killed. read my above reply. I know the "leader" is to blame is a well used cliche. The members who have READ my instructions havent died. I get a but where are the bulletin? after someone get killed in the ingame chat. Even though it says in red letters to read the corp bulletin and that we are at war in the welcome mail. There is only so much I can do. I see how it is easy to come into this thread and say Well you are new = cant run a corp and is to blame for any casualties.

You never answered my question. Why do other corps not have trouble with their new player members getting destroyed over and over until they ragequit the game, and yours does? Why is your corp in particular worse off? Are we just lucky and recruit members who read corp bulletins?

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2013-12-26 20:38:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:

You never answered my question. Why do other corps not have trouble with their new player members getting destroyed over and over until they ragequit the game, and yours does? Why is your corp in particular worse off? Are we just lucky and recruit members who read corp bulletins?

Well first off I would have to take you word for that, new corps with "old timers" running their corps make all new players survive from day one. So I dont see how to get anywhere from here unless you can prove that statement somehow, im not gna start arguing on the basis of, a doubtfull statement you just made. :S

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#35 - 2013-12-26 20:41:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
Quote:
Well first off I would have to take you word for that, new corps with "old timers" running their corps make all new players survive from day one. So I dont see how to get anywhere from here unless you can prove that statement somehow, im not gna start arguing on the basis of, a statement you just made

I could just as easily turn around and ask you for proof that you wrote two pages of advice as a corp bulletin, or that your advice is any good at all, or that the newbies who read it don't die. If we're to take you at your word, then you should offer us the same courtesy. I know that it's possible because my corp does it and I see it happen daily.

Furthermore, it's not being an older player that makes one good at leading a corp...It's being knowledgeable about the game. These aren't the same things - Older players can not know what they're doing, but they at least have had the opportunity to learn whereas new players have not.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#36 - 2013-12-26 20:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregor Parud
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:

So if someone in my corp gets killed and leaves the game it is my fault that they left the game ? Nothing to do with them struggling the ropes, and 3 players who has been playing for over a year jumps in jams and kills.

Also the threat to me,to stop barking for a while is getting a real trend in the thread. It is actually a bit unpleasant but I guess that is the point and that it, feels good to threaten someone who cant bite back.

We're not threatening you, at least I'm not. We're trying to convince you that shouting real loud and having a big mouth generally gets you in trouble unless you can back it up, and looking at the evidence you personally can't and your corp of "trained newbies" also can't. The folks who decced you are actually doing your newbies a service, they're showing them that you're not a good leader and they probably should find themselves a better corp (and yeah, Rifterlings is a good choice for ppl looking to pvp, or perhaps RvB).

War targets tend to be chosen based on someone (generally the CEO) having a big mouth in local, whining a lot or started a terrible corp with zero security. Perhaps you're not as good at EVE as you think you are and perhaps you're also not a good leader as you hope you are, because if you were either you wouldn't be in this mess or you'd have handled it better.

Deal with the **** storm you created for yourself.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2013-12-26 20:46:36 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
Well first off I would have to take you word for that, new corps with "old timers" running their corps make all new players survive from day one. So I dont see how to get anywhere from here unless you can prove that statement somehow, im not gna start arguing on the basis of, a statement you just made

I could just as easily turn around and ask you for proof that you wrote two pages of advice as a corp bulletin, or that your advice is any good at all, or that the newbies who read it don't die. If we're to take you at your word, then you should offer us the same courtesy. I know that it's possible because my corp does it and I see it happen daily.

Furthermore, it's not being an older player that makes one good at leading a corp...It's being knowledgeable about the game. These aren't the same things - Older players can not know what they're doing, but they at least have had the opportunity to learn whereas new players have not.

I heard you the first time already replied, and if you really think that I can be faulted for new members getting gimped by a year+ old vets moving in fleets with the sole purpose. Then you might need some more knowledge, personally I'm pretty sure you are just trolling because you want some "fun" reactions and to appease the "hate spree" against me for making this thread, again very very impressive of you

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-12-26 20:52:38 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:

We're not threatening you, at least I'm not. We're trying to convince you that shouting real loud and having a big mouth generally gets you in trouble unless you can back it up, and looking at the evidence you personally can't and your corp of "trained newbies" also can't. The folks who decced you are actually doing your newbies a service, they're showing them that you're not a good leader and they probably should find themselves a better corp (and yeah, Rifterlings is a good choice for ppl looking to pvp, or perhaps RvB).

War targets tend to be chosen based on someone (generally the CEO) having a big mouth in local, whining a lot or started a terrible corp with zero security. Perhaps you're not as good at EVE as you think you are and perhaps you're also not a good leader as you hope you are, because if you were either you wouldn't be in this mess or you'd have handled it better.

Deal with the **** storm you created for yourself.

What a big load of bullcrap, yea I am to blame because they got gimped my grannys butt, not gna make much more reply for you, All I can says is , uhm ok. The storm I created,,, yea, well whatever happens, that line made me smile actually, not in the way you intended

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-12-26 20:53:04 UTC
Ruger, if you already know better than all these people giving you advice then why did you ask for their advice in the first place?
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#40 - 2013-12-26 20:56:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
Quote:
I heard you the first time already replied, and if you really think that I can be faulted for new members getting gimped by a year+ old vets moving in fleets with the sole purpose. Then you might need some more knowledge, personally I'm pretty sure you are just trolling because you want some "fun" reactions and to appease the "hate spree" against me for making this thread, again very very impressive of you

You're getting hate because your thread consists of a blanket insult. This thread was clearly made so that you could passive-aggressively call someone a coward, not so you could actually get help with your problem. Why would you expect a constructive response to that?

So, getting back to the point - You yourself admitted that following good advice can allow a newbie to evade ganks, back when you were talking about what a helpful and knowledgable CEO you are. However, now you appear to be talking about how newbies are helpless against the onslaught of fleeted veterans. Which is it? Can newbies be taught to stay alive, or not?

If they can't, how on earth does EVE keep growing, and why do newbies stick around? If they can be taught, then why is your corp failing at it?

Quote:
What a big load of bullcrap, yea I am to blame because they got gimped my grannys butt, not gna make much more reply for you, All I can says is , uhm ok. The storm I created,,, yea, well whatever happens, that line made me smile actually, not in the way you intended

It is your fault. New members joining a corp are usually looking for guidance because they, rightfully, realize that they don't understand the game. You acknowledged that role by talking about how much effort you put into putting up bulletins. However, you clearly aren't doing a very good job of it, or your wouldn't be having issues with members ragequitting after dying repeatedly.