These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Are there any corps who wages war on cowards, who wages war with new player corps for easy kills.

First post First post
Author
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-12-26 18:43:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
As the title says, as i'm a new player I cant stop a corp that wages war and overrun my corp, and makes my members quit the game because a truck just hit them while they where trying to learn the ropes.

If any such company exits id like to get in contact.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

flakeys
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-12-26 18:45:10 UTC
If your new and need to have a FIRM hand holding you then we have E-UNI .The other people who want to experience eve s it truly is can just join a normal corp and from there on they'll have a clear view if eve is or is not the game for them.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-12-26 18:50:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
flakeys wrote:
If your new and need to have a FIRM hand holding you then we have E-UNI .The other people who want to experience eve s it truly is can just join a normal corp and from there on they'll have a clear view if eve is or is not the game for them.

Im all for learning, but noone likes to enter a game and get run over with a truck. I havent quit im still here, Dealing with it, therefor im asking if there is a corp that can help me or does this. If not I guess, that's how it will be. I am and was always expecting Eve to b hard to join after 10 years, but atm im paying to be food for cowards, and I want to do something active to help members who join my corp.

“Hard roads are not opened by themselves; they are opened by some brave people!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-26 19:03:45 UTC
You're only a victim if you want to be.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Catalyst XI
Catalytic Holdings
#5 - 2013-12-26 19:03:56 UTC
two things:
first, stop calling people who wardecced you 'cowards', its a game, taking things on such a personal level makes you look like a complete social ******. The only thing your gonna accomplish talking like that is making yourself a target for trolls and greifers, in fact i expect you'll have a couple more wardecs at the end of the day becasue of this thread.

second, what your looking for are called mercenaries. Join the merc channel or look in C&P subforum. These guys aren't cheap though so i doubt you can afford them. your best course of action is to drop corp and make a new one, that is if you dont want to resist. If you dont want to be a pushover then do everything you can to deny your opponent kills, they'll lose interest soon enough.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2013-12-26 19:05:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Okay, a few things on this actually. Before I begin, let me point out that this will be a long post, and it is a serious post. I'm not trolling you. I'm trying to educate you. I've been playing this game for more than three years now, so I should know enough to talk by now.

You are not ready to lead a corporation.

First of all, if you are a new player, you should not be leading a corporation. You will probably ignore this part, or argue with it, and otherwise resist until you either quit the game or realize why I said it. But that's the truth. Until you know how to follow, you should not be leading. That's just as true for EVE. If you have to come here and ask for help on fighting a wardec, you should not be leading a corp at all.

You are running a disservice to your members by not knowing enough to teach them how to defend themselves. You are doing a disservice to yourself by placing yourself in an indefensible position. You need to be under the tutelage of older players who know their **** and can educate you on PvP and corporate leadership. Without that knowledge, you will only continue to encounter hardship and loss in this game.

Declarations of war should be expected as commonly as asteroid belts.

Declaring war in EVE is the primary means of PvP in high-security space, even though it is not the only way. EVE encourages lopsided wardecs, and you are a soft target. You're a plump little corp of newbies with an ineffective leader. Looking at your killboard stats, it is glaringly obvious. You have one kill to your entire corp, compared to 22 losses. You guys have no idea what you're doing, and everyone else knows it. Even after you learn to fight back and win, there will always be another group who wants to take a shot at you. You will continue to be wardecced until you disband.

Hiring mercenaries will not save you.

Hiring mercenaries might distract your enemy in the short term, but it is expensive and the mercenaries cannot protect you forever. Nobody wants to sit and protect a bunch of people who can't protect themselves in this game. It's boring. It's no fun. Sitting there next to your ship while you mine in a venture or haul some stuff in an industrial is not what mercs play the game for. They will only counterattack the other corp and try to fight them, with variable effectiveness. Either way, you will still be under attack and you will still lose members.

You have made a target out of yourself.

By making this post on the Mos Eisley of the forums, you've just painted a target on your back. More corps will declare war on you, and more will come looking for blood without even bothering to declare war. You'll find "suicide gankers" who kill you with no warning in highsec, you'll find "AWOXers" who hunt your members from within your very corp after pretending to be a new player who wants to join. You'll also find that CCP isn't going to come and save you.

Welcome to EVE: HTFU

All of this is normal in EVE. All of this is encouraged in EVE. This is part and parcel to the gameplay. It will never change.

The only advice I can give you is to disband your corp, join an established one, and learn your **** before trying to lead your own corporation. Otherwise, it's just the blind leading the blind.

Katrina Oniseki

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#7 - 2013-12-26 19:06:33 UTC
Reship into ECM. It is their kryptonite.
Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-12-26 19:17:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruger St1pe
I still say that people who wages war with a new corp are cowards. who want easy kills. Nothing impressive there,

All I get for trying to help my corp, is threats of wardec in here, and people telling me I can go **** myself and my corp cause I am a new player. Well wow impressive, advice. Well sure if I get 10 wardecs for making a thread about it sure im gone. Fck it. I am just pointing out something EXTREMELY unpopular and true. Also I didnt name any corps in here, at least im not a scared kitten who wont make a post on something to help his members. It is a lame mechanics that you can gimp new players for fun.

Katrina Oniseki
#9 - 2013-12-26 19:30:59 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:
I still say that people who wages war with a new corp are cowards. who want easy kills. Nothing impressive there,

All I get for trying to help my corp, is threats of wardec in here, and people telling me I can go **** myself and my corp cause I am a new player. Well wow impressive, advice. Well sure if I get 10 wardecs for making a thread about it sure im gone. Fck it. I am just pointing out something EXTREMELY unpopular and true. Also I didnt name any corps in here, at least im not a scared kitten who wont make a post on something to help his members. It is a lame mechanics that you can gimp new players for fun.

As expected, your pride and ego is too big for you to sit down and think, "Hey maybe I am doing something wrong." Go on. Throw a temper tantrum about it. Whine and complain and make a big scene. Threaten to quit the game! You're not the first one to do that, and CCP isn't going to come down from the mountain to save you because you are ignoring legitimate advice.

I told you to go back to school, because you're not ready to run your own business yet. If you're too thickheaded and/or prideful to understand that, I have no sympathy for what comes next.

That being said, this isn't the right forum for help if that's what you're looking for. You should be posting in New Citizens Q&A. That forum is for new players to ask questions and get answers, and the answers are generally less harsh than those you will find in this forum.

Katrina Oniseki

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2013-12-26 19:34:41 UTC
There are 2 kinds of people in this game when it comes to wardecs.

Those who run and ragequit at their first ship loss.

Those who taste the sweet nectar of a fight, and crave more.

I lost a lot of ISK (to me at the time) in ships my first wardec, but when we got that 1 kill of the wardec..and the guy filled local with his tears...deliciously fantastic tears..im talking IM GONNA PETITION YOU ALL!!!! WAAAAAAA!!! Y U CAREBEARZ KILL MAH BATTLESHIP! YOU R ALL FAILZ! WAAAAAAA!, I went PvP and barely looked back.

Ive been chasing that high ever since.

You see OP, Im one of the second group, you my friend, are of the first.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Na Und
Galactronics
#11 - 2013-12-26 19:39:41 UTC
Buy a Falcon. Learn to use it.
Catalyst XI
Catalytic Holdings
#12 - 2013-12-26 19:40:41 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:

i gave you the solutions to your problem, but you just ignored those and instead decided to rant about what you think is an attack on your person, when really people are just telling you how it is. Adapt and survive or die, if you dont get that about eve, then might as well quit becasue you'll only run into this kind of thing over and over again. Try and see past your ridiculous pretext of 'honorable conduct' in a in an internet spaceship game and you just might have some fun.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#13 - 2013-12-26 19:41:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Corporation in EVE are not merely social things all allow you and others like you to fly under a single flag (as they are in other MMOs)... they are effectively declarations that you are ready to play with the "big boys"

I'll echo what others above said OP... if you cannot tolerate a single wardec then you should not be making your own corporation. Things only get harder from here and newbie or not... unless you know damn well what you are doing you will forever be a target (I've seen veteran player corps get wiped out in this way).
Katrina Oniseki
#14 - 2013-12-26 19:41:52 UTC
Did this thread just get stealth moved by ISD or something?

Katrina Oniseki

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#15 - 2013-12-26 19:43:27 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Yes. Was in GD a minute ago.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Katrina Oniseki
#16 - 2013-12-26 19:44:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Yes. Was in GD a minute ago.

I thought so. For a minute there I was worried I'd lost my mind. Blame it on the lack of coffee.

ShahFluffers wrote:
Corporation in EVE are not merely social things all allow you and others like you to fly under a single flag (as they are in other MMOs)... they are effectively declarations that you are ready to play with the "big boys"

I'll echo what others above said OP... if you cannot tolerate a single wardec then you should not be making your own corporation. Things only get harder from here and newbie or not... unless you know damn well what you are doing you will forever be a target (I've seen veteran player corps get wiped out in this way).

Excellent post. Very true.

Katrina Oniseki

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#17 - 2013-12-26 19:45:01 UTC
Ruger St1pe wrote:

You opened yourself up to the wardec mechanic the moment you created a corp, if you wish to be immune to it then I suggest dropping back to an NPC corp, you'll still be vulnerable to suicide ganks or people using your own ignorance against you though. The poster talking about you getting extra wardecs isn't being an arse, they are merely pointing out a probable outcome after others see your tears, the mechanic itself isn't lame it is a fact of life in Eve.

You've been playing less than a month, you have neither the experience or game knowledge to be the CEO of a corp or to be leading other newbies for that matter. Your ignorance of game mechanics will be the cause of many more wars, especially if you keep gobbing off on the forums about how "it's so unfair".

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#18 - 2013-12-26 19:45:13 UTC
I'm gonna go ahead and move this to EVE New Citizens Q&A.

OP, there are a ton of corps that pick on less experienced players for fun and profit. It's your prerogative to call them "cowards", but it doesn't change anything. As you have rightly noted, being in a newbie-run corp full of newbies, you are a sitting duck. Here are some things you can do to mitigate that:

• Join a bigger alliance with your corp. They may be able to offer protection, or simply make wardeccing them prohibitively expensive.
  • Stay in a NPC corp. You can't be wardecced there.
  • Join a well-established corp yourself. Most corps have plans and countermeasures for dealing with wardeccers.
  • Move to lowsec/nullsec. It's more challenging to thrive out there, but frivolous wardecs are not a problem.
  • Get informed and fight back. There's a myriad of various PvP guides, blogs, and other things out there which can teach you all about various tactics you can use to either defeat your enemy, or make fighting you such a chore that they just give up.

Above all, do not give them the satisfaction by giving in, quitting playing, or making loud public complaints or toothless threats. That sort of stuff just encourages most wardeccers.

Good luck!

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#19 - 2013-12-26 19:48:45 UTC
If you insist on leading a corp and taking advantage of newbies naivety. You should at least warn them that you are new too and don't know what you are doing. So they should prepare to get hit by a truck.

Really, leading a corp in EVE isn't like running a guild in whatever fantasy MMO you wish to name. You actually have to have a clue, because creating a corp paints a target on yourself. If you don't like having a bull's-eye on your chest, drop corp and go back to npc corp. But if you sincerely want to run you own corp one day, join a good training corp, or at least use agony classes or get some experience under your belt some other way.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Ruger St1pe
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2013-12-26 19:48:53 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Ruger St1pe wrote:

As expected, your pride and ego is too big for you to sit down and think, "Hey maybe I am doing something wrong." Go on. Throw a temper tantrum about it. Whine and complain and make a big scene. Threaten to quit the game! You're not the first one to do that, and CCP isn't going to come down from the mountain to save you because you are ignoring legitimate advice.

I told you to go back to school, because you're not ready to run your own business yet. If you're too thickheaded and/or prideful to understand that, I have no sympathy for what comes next.

That being said, this isn't the right forum for help if that's what you're looking for. You should be posting in New Citizens Q&A. That forum is for new players to ask questions and get answers, and the answers are generally less harsh than those you will find in this forum.

My pride and ego? I see my members quitting a game they just began to understand and im thinking what can I do.

First I used a truck load of time researching the game, I found out how to avoid getting gimped so easily, but I cant chuck that info down the throat of new members,
I am ALWAYS polite, pointing out is that one is a coward for gimping a new corp in not personal, since I am not naming ANYONE. It is a fact!

EVEN the opposing leader wrote to me that he said that I seemed like a nice guy since I was NOT ABUSIVE.

If someone twice your size stars poking you around, is that impressive? is that a fight? no its a cowards game, and it is a broken mechanics, so go ahead threaten me all you want.

I cant even point out a mechanins and ask for help in forum without ingame threats well nice, Im sure no topics are flumped under the rug on that account.

Sounds like your pride and age enjoyed writing. " I have no sympathy for what comes next. "

123Next pageLast page