These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Author
Rhatar Khurin
Doomheim
#161 - 2013-12-24 17:42:55 UTC
Shots fired! P
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#162 - 2013-12-24 17:44:46 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

There have been no fights at all bigger than fountain saw

Where did I say that?
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#163 - 2013-12-24 17:45:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

What actual code proof do you have to back up you claims or are you just talking out of your ass?

What code proof do you have that they are not?

I have zero need for code proof because i have two things on my side:

1) I'm not making baseless uneducated claims about whats breaking the game, you are, so you would then bear the burden of evidence

2) I have a Dev post to collaborate what I'm saying, see how they all tie nicely together without needing any magical bullet or hanging chad?

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2013-12-24 17:47:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

Where did I say that?

Post #158, point #2, do try and keep up with your own conspiracy crap, its tiresome constantly pointing out both what you've already said and whats wrong

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#165 - 2013-12-24 17:47:45 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

Where did I say that?

Grath Telkin wrote:
[

You have zero evidence to back up any claim you are making right now, while you sit posting ignoring the actual facts of the past 6 months of EVE game play. You have zero idea if the game can support a 3k man fight because there hasn't been one eve close to it, you are fabricating a problem that you have zero back up or technical knowledge to support, literally, you are talking out of your ass.

The biggest fight in EVE had over 4k people and did not result in a node death. So yea, I know EVE can handle a 3k fight, but we arnt talking about a 3k fight, or even one with 2k.

They are doing down with just 1200 in local, fights that are not all that special in numbers.
Vembuvend
State War Academy
Caldari State
#166 - 2013-12-24 17:48:51 UTC
All the people gotten scammed by Goons over the years need to be directed to this thread. I need more buckets for the Goon tears.
Zulu Death Mask
Yaxchilan
#167 - 2013-12-24 17:48:59 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Zulu Death Mask wrote:

But yeah I take it you think the ~16 regions your coalition holds should never change hands.. right?

No, but incidentally did you know that Fountain/Tribute/Tenal/Branch were the only regions to change hands in recent memory that we didn't assist in?

Evidently our milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

If by milkshake you mean yours and NC. cap/super/titan fleet then yeah. Is that surprising?

Zulu Death Mask
Yaxchilan
#168 - 2013-12-24 17:50:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Zulu Death Mask
Grath Telkin wrote:

2) I have a Dev post to collaborate what I'm saying, see how they all tie nicely together without needing any magical bullet or hanging chad?

But the dev posts says nothing about Drones.
And the node has crashed since they deployed the fix.
This is so confusing :(
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#169 - 2013-12-24 17:51:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

Where did I say that?

Grath Telkin wrote:
[

You have zero evidence to back up any claim you are making right now, while you sit posting ignoring the actual facts of the past 6 months of EVE game play. You have zero idea if the game can support a 3k man fight because there hasn't been one eve close to it, you are fabricating a problem that you have zero back up or technical knowledge to support, literally, you are talking out of your ass.

The biggest fight in EVE had over 4k people and did not result in a node death. So yea, I know EVE can handle a 3k fight, but we arnt talking about a 3k fight, or even one with 2k.

You

Don't

Know

That

I can't spell it out any more clearly than that, you literally have no idea if the game can still handle that because....and here's the important part that keeps bouncing off your thick skull...

The game code has changed since those fights.

What part of this do you not understand so we can go over it slowly.

Jesus christ its not like you're new to EVE baltec, CCP changes the code and things change, sometimes those things are silly and stupid, sometimes not so much (like when your dread would sige and fire all its ammo at once, or deletes your .ini file). Sometimes **** goes sideways and they have to work out why, pointing all the blame at the boogey man thats beating you in a war is something that only an idiot would do.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#170 - 2013-12-24 17:51:33 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

1) I'm not making baseless uneducated claims about whats breaking the game, you are, so you would then bear the burden of evidence

And I have posted it, the uncanny fact that the node deaths are only happening when slowcat fleets are involved with our domi fleets.
Grath Telkin wrote:

Your dev post makes no mention of drones, at all.

We are pointing out that the massive loads are being caused by drones, CCP stated that issues have happened while the node has been under great stress. The two are connected.
Ssoraszh Tzarszh
Mellivora Nulla Irrumabo
#171 - 2013-12-24 17:52:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
The only thing new is the huge number of drones being used.

Yea if you ignore all that new code that came with Odyssey 1.1 and Rubicon...Roll

So why are subcap fleets not causing these issues? Why is it only when the slowcats are deployed?

You mean the 2k F1 pubbies you jump on those slowcats do'nt count suddenly?

You heard it here first folks, the nodes die when a system only has carriers in local, not a single subcap ship was in seven jumps from that node when it keeled.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#172 - 2013-12-24 17:52:50 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

You

Don't

Know

That

I can't spell it out any more clearly than that, you literally have no idea if the game can still handle that because....and here's the important part that keeps bouncing off your thick skull...

So the nodes suddenly cannot support fights that they have been supporting for years?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#173 - 2013-12-24 17:54:42 UTC
Ssoraszh Tzarszh wrote:

You mean the 2k F1 pubbies you jump on those slowcats do'nt count suddenly?

You heard it here first folks, the nodes die when a system only has carriers in local, not a single subcap ship was in seven jumps from that node when it keeled.

We havent been dumping 2k people, thats the point.

We are seeing node deaths with smaller fleets than usually used in fights.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#174 - 2013-12-24 17:59:13 UTC
also guys: we all know domis don't launch drones.

in fact, clearly the only ships in the game that launch drones are carriers.

Roll
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#175 - 2013-12-24 18:00:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

So the nodes suddenly cannot support fights that they have been supporting for years?

Welcome to the same thing that everybody else who wasn't sucking on rocks decided, minus the years part because no, eve hasn't supported 4k man fights for years at all.

Something in the EVE code is now breaking when its making a lot of calculations.

Might this happen in heavy subcap numbers? Yes but we don't know.

Do the nodes perform fine when its just slowcats and 4-500 sub caps? Yes but who knows what the tipping number is.

Could bombs have something to do with it? Sure, bombs blowing up **** has always made EVE poop its pants.

Could SOV have something to do with it? Sure in the last big brawl the system lost the farm when the TCU onlined

So really it could be anything, anything at all, having and adverse effect on the code, for you to say 'OH ITS THE CARRIERS" makes you look like a moron, because you literally have less idea than I do and I'm technically on the same level as the Clovis people.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#176 - 2013-12-24 18:00:15 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

You

Don't

Know

That

but they haven't been. that was his point.

that there hasn't been fights this large for several expansions, meaning for the last year or so, you would have had no idea if these fights could have or would have crashed a node, because they weren't happening.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#177 - 2013-12-24 18:08:14 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

but they haven't been. that was his point.

that there hasn't been fights this large for several expansions, meaning for the last year or so, you would have had no idea if these fights could have or would have crashed a node, because they weren't happening.

There have been uncountable 1200 man fights in many wars involving many different blocks for years. We have had several 2000+ man fights on unreinforced nodes over the last few years too.

Hell, we pulled two bigger blue on blue fights in the last two years than we are having in this war and they didn't result in node deaths. Hell, even the 6NJ slaughter of the old NC capital fleet didn't see a node death and that was back in 2010.
Zulu Death Mask
Yaxchilan
#178 - 2013-12-24 18:13:55 UTC
So the fact that all the latest node crashes had so many slowcats in the system is pure coincidental.
Yet the people who blame the slowcats are "clueless idiots" right?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#179 - 2013-12-24 18:16:15 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

So really it could be anything, anything at all, having and adverse effect on the code, for you to say 'OH ITS THE CARRIERS" makes you look like a moron, because you literally have less idea than I do and I'm technically on the same level as the Clovis people.

So its nothing at all to do with the drones swelling the numbers by 5x for our domis and 10x with your carriers, putting the node under stress for hours at a time and then taking a literal dump when the escalation dreads and then supers jump in?

I dont buy it, CCP, as far as we can tell, have not changed anything to do with the impacted things and subacp fleets are getting along just fine with the same numbers involved.
iskflakes
#180 - 2013-12-24 18:19:33 UTC  |  Edited by: iskflakes
Drones are not the cause of the node crashes.

CCP Veritas wrote:
It's worth noting that in all recent events it hasn't been the high load that directly causes the node death, but rather errors in the programming [...]

Source here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4021826#post4021826

So, stop crying about node crashes. We all know it's a proxy-argument for slowcats anyway, which is itself a proxy argument for numbers vs tactics and investment.

The reality is that Goons & Co, despite having an extended period of peace and being the "richest coalition ever111" have not invested in capital fleets to counter slowcats until now. They have not invested in building experience commanding capitals or killing them. Now, as ever they try to fight their battle on the forums rather than the battlefield, always demanding that the "deserve" to win because they're the best at "diplomacy". If you want to play a game where numbers always win and the blob cannot be countered then go find another game.

-