These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Data & Relic sites are a bit ridiculous

First post
Author
Derek Nahrnid
True Solutions Inc.
#81 - 2013-12-21 04:21:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Derek Nahrnid
I believe that most of the people complaining that the new minigame issue is difficult/taking too long are doing them in WH space. But I have a hunch that those people who are saying the minigame is easy are playing it in high or low sec. Yes, the minigame is very easy here in hisec, even somewhat engaging for some. I can see that, but I've also tried null and there is a difference with a luck factor involved as you get to more and more difficult sites. Due to the sleepers present in WH space, I'm under the impression that those sites can't be solo'd...someone please correct me if I'm wrong there. Yet those claiming this is easy seem to be soloing or +1 for the purpose of looting the cans...
ExookiZ
The Dark Space Initiative
Initiative Mercenaries
#82 - 2013-12-22 15:00:51 UTC
the cans should explode if you fail the can twice, just like everywhere else. I dont understand why CCP made WH sites easy mode

The over saturation of the loot gained from data/relic sites has caused most of the loot to be not even worth the time doing.

Event Organizer of EVE North East

Suomi Khan
Doomheim
#83 - 2013-12-23 01:27:57 UTC
Derek Nahrnid wrote:
Due to the sleepers present in WH space, I'm under the impression that those sites can't be solo'd...someone please correct me if I'm wrong there. .

You can solo some of them to a point where you can hack the can's without trouble from the sleepers as long as you have an alt. The game itself is easy with good skills, but the mini-game is so booring and time consuming that I would rather play facebook games..

Whoever approved to put the mini-game into EVE should consider if he/she is working for the right company tbh. Who knows, King might be hireing, one thing is clear, that mini-game has nothing to do in EVE.
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#84 - 2013-12-24 17:22:59 UTC
Perhaps Eve Online should be rebadged as Eve OnMine-sweeper..

(+1 for hating the minigame. Pointless and repetitive with no challenge).

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Yampasi
You're Doing It Wrong
#85 - 2014-01-01 10:39:16 UTC
bump.

i thought killing the rats that are guarding the loot was the boring bit...

actually getting to the relic loot is mind numbingly boring, irritating and time consuming. thanks!
Yampasi
You're Doing It Wrong
#86 - 2014-01-01 10:46:11 UTC
ahhh!

just spent 20 mins trying to hack ONE can. finally pop it open. then a new wave of rats spawn and kill me! amazing!! i look forward to doing this again....