These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

When My Kids Complain About Christmas Presents...

First post First post
Author
buyer Bedala
Doomheim
#81 - 2013-12-23 01:42:35 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of grown folks on the forums who are less mature than 10 and 9 year old girls.


Just because your daughters don't complain on threat of getting presents taken away does not mean that they are more mature than people who complain with no such threat.

Remove the threat and see how they behave. That will give you a better comparison for maturity.
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#82 - 2013-12-23 01:54:28 UTC
Thread has been moved to Out of Pod Experience.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2013-12-23 02:03:50 UTC
Not having kids is awesome.
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#84 - 2013-12-23 04:00:38 UTC
buyer Bedala wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of grown folks on the forums who are less mature than 10 and 9 year old girls.


Just because your daughters don't complain on threat of getting presents taken away does not mean that they are more mature than people who complain with no such threat.

Remove the threat and see how they behave. That will give you a better comparison for maturity.


You misunderstand. They don't know about the policy, because it has never had to be invoked. My daughters are friggin awesome. Go figure, with a dad like me....

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#85 - 2013-12-23 04:03:49 UTC
ISD Tyrozan wrote:
Thread has been moved to Out of Pod Experience.


I would argue that this was certainly an EVE-related topic.
The topic was not my children.... the topic was people being ungrateful craphammers in GD over the gifts, this year.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Pius Rova
Doomheim
#86 - 2013-12-23 09:53:23 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Karen Avioras wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Out of interest how did your daughters react when you gave them potatoes and common house hold items as Christmas presents? Did they look up at you with loving eyes full of pride and say "These are the best Christmas presents ever daddy. I'm going to show them off to all my friends and tell them how privileged I'm to live in such luxury. I love you dad."?


I gave them socks. They are safe from being eaten by the Yule Lads. That's the best gift a father can give.


I didn't appreciate socks when I was a younger but now it's on the top list of gifts I can get.


You know what my daughter actually told me, one year?
"I have the best dad, ever. I don't need a present."

The gimmie-gimmies should learn from my children.
She probably said that because if she didn't you would donate her dinner to a homeless shelter or something.
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#87 - 2013-12-23 14:59:41 UTC
Pius Rova wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Karen Avioras wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Out of interest how did your daughters react when you gave them potatoes and common house hold items as Christmas presents? Did they look up at you with loving eyes full of pride and say "These are the best Christmas presents ever daddy. I'm going to show them off to all my friends and tell them how privileged I'm to live in such luxury. I love you dad."?


I gave them socks. They are safe from being eaten by the Yule Lads. That's the best gift a father can give.


I didn't appreciate socks when I was a younger but now it's on the top list of gifts I can get.


You know what my daughter actually told me, one year?
"I have the best dad, ever. I don't need a present."

The gimmie-gimmies should learn from my children.
She probably said that because if she didn't you would donate her dinner to a homeless shelter or something.



When people post ignorant crap like this ^... it makes me thankful my state legalized medical-use "herb".

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#88 - 2013-12-23 18:57:49 UTC
buyer Bedala wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of grown folks on the forums who are less mature than 10 and 9 year old girls.


Just because your daughters don't complain on threat of getting presents taken away does not mean that they are more mature than people who complain with no such threat.

Remove the threat and see how they behave. That will give you a better comparison for maturity.


I was a very mature 10 year old girl

...5 years later...not so much lol

it's all good though...now i'm back to my 10 year old state of mind and it's just dandy. sort of gone full circle, I guess Smile
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#89 - 2013-12-23 20:50:36 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
buyer Bedala wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of grown folks on the forums who are less mature than 10 and 9 year old girls.


Just because your daughters don't complain on threat of getting presents taken away does not mean that they are more mature than people who complain with no such threat.

Remove the threat and see how they behave. That will give you a better comparison for maturity.


I was a very mature 10 year old girl

...5 years later...not so much lol

it's all good though...now i'm back to my 10 year old state of mind and it's just dandy. sort of gone full circle, I guess Smile


Oh, gods...... don't remind me that they're going to be teenagers, soon.
I have two years to complete my aging-process inhibitor, so that they can never physically or emotionally turn the dreaded age 13.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#90 - 2013-12-24 09:04:09 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:


Oh, gods...... don't remind me that they're going to be teenagers, soon.
I have two years to complete my aging-process inhibitor, so that they can never physically or emotionally turn the dreaded age 13.



It will never work, it's hardwired into the wetware.

You will long for the days of "I don't need presents, I have the best dad in the world", cause you will get "aaargh all my friends got that, now I am the only one without". *scream, tears, stomping, door slamming"
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#91 - 2013-12-24 13:31:56 UTC
Rana Ash wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:


Oh, gods...... don't remind me that they're going to be teenagers, soon.
I have two years to complete my aging-process inhibitor, so that they can never physically or emotionally turn the dreaded age 13.



It will never work, it's hardwired into the wetware.

You will long for the days of "I don't need presents, I have the best dad in the world", cause you will get "aaargh all my friends got that, now I am the only one without". *scream, tears, stomping, door slamming"


Honestly.... I really can't see my daughters acting that way

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Graygor
1kB Realty
#92 - 2013-12-24 14:19:05 UTC
My mrs wants both sons and daughters. Though from talking to her mother, if theyre anything like she was when she was younger, i might just send them away to boarding school and see them when they graduate from college.

She was quite the hellion apparently... and her sister still is.

Thank god we moved to Japan.. its just far enough away.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Trigger Happy.
#93 - 2013-12-24 14:20:53 UTC
Graygor wrote:
My mrs wants both sons and daughters. Though from talking to her mother, if theyre anything like she was when she was younger, i might just send them away to boarding school and see them when they graduate from college.

She was quite the hellion apparently... and her sister still is.

Thank god we moved to Japan.. its just far enough away.


Have you considered that it may be irresposible that the next generation of Graygor will grow up in the land of WTF?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Graygor
1kB Realty
#94 - 2013-12-24 14:27:23 UTC
Who knows, it might improve them.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate