These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Rifter Needs LOVE

Author
Urkhan Law
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#41 - 2013-12-19 10:58:38 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

but they also have more range and selectable damage type.

No they don't and no they don't. Mathematical is all true, in space is not.
Suggestion: Fit your AC rifter and go fight Coilex blaster incursus, or Reciprocrat rail Incursus.

Against Null there is no damage selection, and if both fit ambits only way to do better damage than your oponent is to fight out of scram range, also good luck trying to break his tank at that range. Against rail incursus the speed diference is so small that you'll die when trying to get under his guns (better chances if the pilot is waiting at zero with his rails -.-).

Honestly, I don't even know where to start, if in all t2 ammo, if in speed/agility, small rail tracking or even Rifter slot layout/bonus.
Minmatar have 3 brawlers, but I do like a brawling rifter, and I do like the utility high.
A small buff to speed and agility would be a nice start, but I doubt this changes would be enough.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#42 - 2013-12-19 13:20:49 UTC
Urkhan Law wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
but they also have more range and selectable damage type.

No they don't and no they don't. Mathematical is all true, in space is not.
Suggestion: Fit your AC rifter and go fight Coilex blaster incursus, or Reciprocrat rail Incursus.

Against Null there is no damage selection, and if both fit ambits only way to do better damage than your oponent is to fight out of scram range, also good luck trying to break his tank at that range. Against rail incursus the speed diference is so small that you'll die when trying to get under his guns (better chances if the pilot is waiting at zero with his rails -.-).

Honestly, I don't even know where to start, if in all t2 ammo, if in speed/agility, small rail tracking or even Rifter slot layout/bonus.
Minmatar have 3 brawlers, but I do like a brawling rifter, and I do like the utility high.
A small buff to speed and agility would be a nice start, but I doubt this changes would be enough.
I was talking about the AC Rifter vs blaster Rifter.

What is a Coilex blaster incursus ? And a Reciprocrat rail incursus ?

Now I think null shouldn't have been buffed in the blaster buff some years ago ; and the Rifter could have a bit more agility or speed, but more than that would push it over the top where he was before the rebalance and that's not a good thing IMO.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#43 - 2013-12-19 15:23:14 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#44 - 2013-12-19 15:40:25 UTC
Urkhan Law wrote:
Coilex blaster incursus

Coilex Military Research Corporation (GASDAQ: COILCO) conducts research and development on various technologies relevant to today's modern military needs. Their most recently released product, the Coilex Advanced Light Proton Blaster, boasts special integration into the classic Incursus hull, leading to performance "better in every way than even a Winmatar autocannon" using groundbreaking built-in magnetic infusion systems. Military experts are calling this a magnetosaural field.

Unfortunately the Coilex Advanced Light Proton Blaster is not available for general usage due to restrictions on classified technology imposed de facto by the Consolidated Cooperation and Relations Command Inner Circle.

Urkhan Law wrote:
Reciprocrat rail Incursus

The local Gallente government in the region of Solitude has been recently dealing with an extremist political faction dubbing themselves the "Reciprocrats". Their exact demands are unclear, but they appear to involve socioeconomic safety net reforms. Their cause is bolstered by extremely vicious forces and inexplicably advanced technology, such as railguns with unprecedented tracking. "Our regular protocol of doing a barrel roll is completely ineffective!" one law enforcement official has told us, on condition of anonymity.

Jovian representatives have not yet responded to inquiries into rumors of the involvement of Jovian tech in this mess.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Urkhan Law
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#45 - 2013-12-20 12:40:46 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

The idea is, go fight against a good pilot in a blaster incursus / rail incursus with your rifter, and tell me how the increased range and ammo selection helped you out.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#46 - 2013-12-20 22:59:13 UTC
Urkhan Law wrote:
The idea is, go fight against a good pilot in a blaster incursus / rail incursus with your rifter, and tell me how the increased range and ammo selection helped you out.
If you don't mind me quoting myself :
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
I was talking about the AC Rifter vs blaster Rifter.

[...]

Now I think null shouldn't have been buffed in the blaster buff some years ago ; and the Rifter could have a bit more agility or speed, but more than that would push it over the top where he was before the rebalance and that's not a good thing IMO.

The Rifter is probably not as good as the Incursus when dueling, but I think it's more versatile and effective in a small fleet and to take on larger targets like cruisers (nos will help against medium neutra).

Also, comparing two ships in one specific scenario for balance concerns can only lead in two ships sharing the same niche and one obsoleting the other.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#47 - 2013-12-22 02:13:26 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Urkhan Law wrote:
Coilex blaster incursus

Coilex Military Research Corporation (GASDAQ: COILCO) conducts research and development on various technologies relevant to today's modern military needs. Their most recently released product, the Coilex Advanced Light Proton Blaster, boasts special integration into the classic Incursus hull, leading to performance "better in every way than even a Winmatar autocannon" using groundbreaking built-in magnetic infusion systems. Military experts are calling this a magnetosaural field.

Unfortunately the Coilex Advanced Light Proton Blaster is not available for general usage due to restrictions on classified technology imposed de facto by the Consolidated Cooperation and Relations Command Inner Circle.

Urkhan Law wrote:
Reciprocrat rail Incursus

The local Gallente government in the region of Solitude has been recently dealing with an extremist political faction dubbing themselves the "Reciprocrats". Their exact demands are unclear, but they appear to involve socioeconomic safety net reforms. Their cause is bolstered by extremely vicious forces and inexplicably advanced technology, such as railguns with unprecedented tracking. "Our regular protocol of doing a barrel roll is completely ineffective!" one law enforcement official has told us, on condition of anonymity.

Jovian representatives have not yet responded to inquiries into rumors of the involvement of Jovian tech in this mess.

What?

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#48 - 2013-12-22 02:16:44 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

What?

Am I in the wrong subforum or something? I explained the names behind those uncommonly seen weapons.

Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-12-22 03:23:21 UTC
Ive been flying the ab/scram kite rifter a bit lately. Not bad. Ive beaten all of the short range ships I faced solo. Lost to MWD ships and blobs, as expected. I fit a rocket launcher though. Not sure how it would be very effective without one. Its dps with short range ammo is anemic at 6k, so barrage is really a must many times. I havent fought a rail incursus yet though.

Does it not work with 250 arties? The fit is tight, but the tracking bonus would seem to work with it.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#50 - 2013-12-22 05:52:57 UTC
I've used a 250 mm arty and 280 mm arty scram kiter in a similar way you use a rail incursus to take out a tristan and a cormorant before.

Then died to a silly piloting error very quickly afterwards. with both ships! You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you!

The rifter currently requires a lot of piloting skill to make it work as you have to exploit your opponents mistakes as they generally can't win on 'numbers' alone.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#51 - 2013-12-22 14:42:20 UTC
I would think AB kiting from 13-20km would work better with a arty rifter.

Wouldn't work well but it should work.

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#52 - 2013-12-22 15:43:52 UTC
I found the AC/ AB Rifter with a SAAR and Halo implants to be very competitive with it's peers. The implants made the sig radius move from 35m to 28m. I realize that Halos as a balancing factor are Big smile, but seeing as the Slasher starts with a 30m signature- maybe simply cutting the rifter's size is the way to go.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#53 - 2013-12-22 19:00:50 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
maybe simply cutting the rifter's size is the way to go.

I'd love to see that. Even just adding LG Halos Alpha through Epsilon is enough to bring the Rifter down to 30, and makes it very competitive. I'd be down for reducing its sig from 35 to 33 or something.

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#54 - 2013-12-22 19:38:13 UTC
That actually sounds like a pretty good plan.

+1 for slimming rifters

Doesn't knock on slashers door either because slasher still has that mid slot (which I'm pretty sure was designed so a balmer can fit nice and snugly on ALL SLASHERS EVERYWHERE).
Crake Gaterau
Doomheim
#55 - 2013-12-23 21:17:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Crake Gaterau
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
I would think AB kiting from 13-20km would work better with a arty rifter.

Wouldn't work well but it should work.

I've had quite a few really good kills using AB kiting at around 13-15 k with artillery. It might not be as good as one would think by just looking at the numbers in EFT. But the surprise in using artillery and the way people behave due to it goes a long way.

If you're planning on scram kiting I think you would be better off using AC's due to the increase in transversal and the low rof of artillery. You want every hit to count.
Previous page123