These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Enormous: Heads up

First post
Author
om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#1 - 2013-12-06 01:07:10 UTC
OK my terrible null alliance went up in smoke and none of the remnants log on in my TZ.
Just as i'm moving out of npc null mail from a friend who raegquit and sent me all his stuff, faction n deadspace fitted faction frigs orca cruisers lokis subs skills mins blueprints t2 errythang yes it's amazing.
Which means i'm stuck in empire for a while trying hard to stay awake. Moving around i see Enormous and Huge Freight Containers at belts being used for storage. Out with the freighter to clean them up as part of my pretend RP hatred of jetcans and anything similar.
That's right, no aggro of any kind for picking up freight containers in a freighter.
Suddenly, repackaging some in station, out pops 25km3 of veldspar and kernite.
OH HO, so no aggro for scooping these things even with loot in them?
THEN some bright spark has dropped a bunch in space, short dscan reveals they are within 7km of a moon, burn out and bookmark in an mwd noobship. Narrow scan loses them as you approach so you have to keep fine tuning the scan.
Couple other people have the same bright idea, mwd noobship says 'found you!' and nonsense continues.
See 10 Enormous cans in space, narrow it down to about 30min burn from a poco grid, start burning, watch Breaking Bad with the wife, come back, find their grid and bookmark. Freighter scoop, check for contentsERMAGHERD.

Some corp has pretty much left all their stuff in a stack of 250km3 containers in space. No idea how long they've been there or how long they'll stay, so with shaky hands and drooling it's four runs to scoop them all. Freighters move slower now, they seem to slide out of grid rather than warp. Leg tapping, align align you bastard!

So yeah, even more hulls, storyline faction n deadspace stuff, construction parts blueprints fuel blah blah blah as far as the accumulation side of eve goes it feels like it's all over. Sleeper stuff i've never seen. Moon goo. Booster ingredients and bpcs. How did people this capable think they could just leave all this hanging in space without it getting taken? There was station systems one jump in either direction.

TLDR: Freight containers aren't safe cheap jet cans, determined idiots will find them.

Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2013-12-06 01:21:32 UTC
You didn't happen to find any proper punctuation or grammar in those containers did you? Lol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#3 - 2013-12-06 01:42:21 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
You didn't happen to find any proper punctuation or grammar in those containers did you? Lol

That would give me the same somatotypical pattern as my forum alt, but thanks for nothing.
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2013-12-06 07:14:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
om rootingking wrote:
thanks for nothing.

Were you expecting a pat on the back for finding those containers?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2013-12-06 09:39:08 UTC
Hey, good on ya mate for cleaning up the space junk.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#6 - 2013-12-06 10:15:56 UTC
The luck on some people..

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#7 - 2013-12-06 12:41:24 UTC
Shocked

*desperately wishes he had a freighter pilot in corp....or a freighter*

There's loot in them there cans, there is.

Bear

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-12-23 13:43:52 UTC
The forum name is Crime And Punishment not Collect And Recycling

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#9 - 2013-12-23 13:54:03 UTC
Congratulations on finding a profitable niche - then bragging about it, alerting the other potential marks, and closing the niche.

Talk about playing the short game... Roll
om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#10 - 2013-12-23 13:57:56 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:

I stole four freighter loads of stuff just by seeing it sitting in space and bothering to fly out to it.
No sec status loss, no ship lost to concord, no criminal flag even!
Somebody is probably even now ruined by accusations of being in on it, or spewing with regret. I've never heard of anything like it.
And that's your best comment? Damn.
om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#11 - 2013-12-23 14:12:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Congratulations on finding a profitable niche - then bragging about it, alerting the other potential marks, and closing the niche.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
i wasn't doing it for profit, i was being a ginormous tool. I get bored, i do things, i end up places.
This isn't even a brag, my discovery was that these freight containers get you no criminal flag when scooped, even if they have property in them. If they'd been at a bookmark between celestials they'd be next to impossible to snatch. These people were rich enough to need millions of km3 to store their stuff but lazy enough to leave it just off grid from a moon and not ship it 1 jump. You really think that's common?
Course not, i lucked out and pulled a massive asset heist with zero investment of time or intelligence, the only kind i'm likely to ever do, and it gave me a pvp style buzz.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-12-23 14:14:18 UTC
om rootingking wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

I stole four freighter loads of stuff just by seeing it sitting in space and bothering to fly out to it.
No sec status loss, no ship lost to concord, no criminal flag even!
Somebody is probably even now ruined by accusations of being in on it, or spewing with regret. I've never heard of anything like it.
And that's your best comment? Damn.

Well I tried to find an equivalent of Recycling that started with P, so could keep forum initials. But to no avail :(

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-12-23 15:50:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
om rootingking wrote:
Tyburn Stannis wrote:

i wasn't doing it for profit, i was being a ginormous tool. I get bored, i do things, i end up places.
This isn't even a brag, my discovery was that these freight containers get you no criminal flag when scooped, even if they have property in them. If they'd been at a bookmark between celestials they'd be next to impossible to snatch. These people were rich enough to need millions of km3 to store their stuff but lazy enough to leave it just off grid from a moon and not ship it 1 jump. You really think that's common?
Course not, i lucked out and pulled a massive asset heist with zero investment of time or intelligence, the only kind i'm likely to ever do, and it gave me a pvp style buzz.

+1

Good find, good haul. And good on you for actually following up on taking it all. It should at the very least be helpful reading for the fact that no flag of any kind is invoked for scooping giant containers of stuff you dont own....

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Big Girl Panties
Drunk Leprechauns
#14 - 2013-12-24 18:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Leto Thule wrote:
om rootingking wrote:
Tyburn Stannis wrote:

+1

Good find, good haul. And good on you for actually following up on taking it all. It should at the very least be helpful reading for the fact that no flag of any kind is invoked for scooping giant containers of stuff you dont own....

You can scoop starbase modules too, one the stick is dead, without flags.
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#15 - 2013-12-25 20:35:18 UTC
Someone in that wall, I agree.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2013-12-25 23:03:31 UTC
Came expecting a point.

Left disappointed.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#17 - 2013-12-25 23:11:38 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Came expecting a point.

Left disappointed.

Did you know freight containers could be scooped without any of this hisec aggro nonsense that makes living there a baffling ordeal?
Did you know you could scoop em even with property in them, still no flag?
Have you ever just found billions worth of stuff without having to use your brains, time or manipulation of trust?

Eve isn't fair, I'm living proof.
Sylphy
TSOE Po1ice
TSOE Consortium
#18 - 2014-01-12 17:51:28 UTC
Kinda don't believe anyone is _that_ stupid to leave so much stuff lying around. More like, you're making the thing up to score some would-be-gratification from the more savy thieves and murderers on this forum.

The character does not represent the views/opinions of its Corporation or Alliance.

om rootingking
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#19 - 2014-01-30 11:11:02 UTC
Sylphy wrote:
Kinda don't believe anyone is _that_ stupid to leave so much stuff lying around. More like, you're making the thing up to score some would-be-gratification from the more savy thieves and murderers on this forum.

Yes they sure are, no i'm not and it's savvy yo.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-01-30 12:14:38 UTC
om rootingking wrote:
Sylphy wrote:

Yes they sure are, no i'm not and it's savvy yo.

Don't mind the cynics. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people trawling through these forums looking for epicness to get jelly about. Kinda like how 'not good looking' people go through magazines just to find good looking people to complain about.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

12Next page