These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Being killed trying to do missions.

First post
Author
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#21 - 2013-12-23 08:24:46 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Missions are boring. The balance is being able to go AFK. Now they don't let that happen and people come kill my friend and he comes back to monitor and is in station, podded. This is high sec. High sec is not for player combat. Is for missions. If I want player combat I go to low sec. I do like Regulators who come kill the guy who killed my tractor beam can, but they don't give me his loot or mine back. Make Concord come and kill the players who kill my tractor beam can.

Spank? Is that you?

I haven't seen one of your oddball alts in forever.

Mr Epeen Cool
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-12-23 08:57:15 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Now if new players are being killed by an older player while doing starter missions (also includes Sisters of Eve epic arc), then report the player who is doing it.

I'm pretty sure that people who fly Rattlesnakes and can see missions being boring aren't exactly new players, same with OP who was around more than half of a year.
kes88
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-12-23 09:04:10 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Tiberius StarGazer wrote:
Is it really bad that I suddenly get the urge to find a locator agent and a gank fleet after reading this post...

We are completing sisters eve quests. You will not find us, we are more than you and will kill you.

No.

You're doing L4s using a rattlesnake and you are calling them 'quests'? Just no.

"Missions are boring" and "podding is just rude" are equally stupid comments. But really it's the "quest" thing. Eurgh.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#24 - 2013-12-23 09:04:54 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Missions are boring. The balance is being able to go AFK. Now they don't let that happen and people come kill my friend and he comes back to monitor and is in station, podded. This is high sec. High sec is not for player combat. Is for missions. If I want player combat I go to low sec. I do like Regulators who come kill the guy who killed my tractor beam can, but they don't give me his loot or mine back. Make Concord come and kill the players who kill my tractor beam can.

High Sec is SAFER space than low sec and null sec. Doesn't mean you are 100% safe. And don't do missions afk silly.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-12-23 09:06:20 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:

No. High sec and everywhere is for Player combat.

Only place not made for combat is captain quarters.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#26 - 2013-12-23 09:06:48 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
This is high sec. High sec is not for player combat. Is for missions.
Incorrect.

DeMichael Crimson wrote:
It's best if you just ignore the replies being posted here that are trying to flame you. In other words, don't feed the trolls.

Now if new players are being killed by an older player while doing starter missions (also includes Sisters of Eve epic arc), then report the player who is doing it. CCP has stated many times that new players are not to be messed with while doing those missions.

Good thing that none of that applies here, then.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-12-23 09:07:21 UTC
Magna Mortem wrote:
Nice work. So many have bitten...

Still wroth to respond as if it was real, BEcause real stupid players read and get the message that they should get.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Jarrod Hamu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-12-23 09:13:32 UTC
Barrogh Habalu are you a cousin of mine? I can see the family resemblance?
Fly it like you stole it.
Josef Djugashvilis
#29 - 2013-12-23 09:14:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Melvin Earl wrote:

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel; poor quality trolling.

Smacks of desperate attention seeking.

This is not a signature.

Zeva Vyllshan
Serpent's Maw Solutions
#30 - 2013-12-23 09:16:37 UTC
Nobody wonders why he was AFK in a mission?

Welcome to Rubicon!  Freighters were too fast, so we slowed them down for you. CCP Fozzie: "But it's not back breaking"

Nerf Freighters more! Put an end to dangerous freighter races today!

Josef Djugashvilis
#31 - 2013-12-23 09:18:56 UTC
Zeva Vyllshan wrote:
Nobody wonders why he was AFK in a mission?

Nobody cares as he is trolling.

This is not a signature.

Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
#32 - 2013-12-23 09:28:31 UTC
Did you have a valid SOE Osmon missioning permit? Else this explains why CONCORD didnt help your friend.

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Magna Mortem
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-12-23 10:00:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Magna Mortem
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Magna Mortem wrote:
Nice work. So many have bitten...

Still wroth to respond as if it was real, BEcause real stupid players read and get the message that they should get.
All evidence points out that that's absolutely not the case. While the average person already mosly doesn't understand the importance of research, the "real stupid player" does it even less so. How you can believe your own words is beyond me.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#34 - 2013-12-23 10:08:45 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Melvin Earl,

It's best if you just ignore the replies being posted here that are trying to flame you. In other words, don't feed the trolls.

Now if new players are being killed by an older player while doing starter missions (also includes Sisters of Eve epic arc), then report the player who is doing it. CCP has stated many times that new players are not to be messed with while doing those missions.

To file a Support Ticket (petition) in game - open Eve Help (F12 key) - click 'Create New Support Ticket' and let CCP deal with it.

DMC
I'd really like to see the link to the post that tells you that you can't gank players doing the SOE epic, and a description of exactly how you find out if someone is doing the SOE epic so you know whether or not you can kill them.
As far as I know you can't kill new characters in newbie systems, and that's where the rule ends. If a 2 day old characters gets podded outside of those systems, or if a 6 month old player gets podded anywhere, it's all fair game.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Damasi DeFanel
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-12-23 10:25:54 UTC
... We did this one yesterday too....

Originality please?

Or search the forums for an existing topic?
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#36 - 2013-12-23 10:42:56 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Kryptik Kai wrote:
Undock (EVE Definition: I hereby consent to PVP)

1/10

PVP is not belong to high sec.

You've misunderstood eve, pvp is everywhere. Once you undock you are a legitimate target for someone. The only thing that changes with sec status is the amount of risk that you are exposed to.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

SibSpi
Buggers' Advanced Interstellar Transport
#37 - 2013-12-23 10:47:48 UTC  |  Edited by: SibSpi
Melvin Earl wrote:

When you perform any trades on the market, you're engaged in PVP.
When you mine a belt, you're engaged in PVP.
When you do PI, you're engaged in PVP.
When you log on, you're engaged in PVP.
When you're in warp, you're engaged in PVP.

Your mere existence in EVE has you engaged in PVP, as people will never know with absolute certainty who you are nor what your agenda or motives are.

If you don't want PVP, go play an MMO that isn't built on an Everyone Versus Everyone model. Don't come here pretending to know what belongs and doesn't belong in Empire when you've completely missed the point of the game as a whole.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#38 - 2013-12-23 10:56:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Melvin Earl wrote:
Simple solution, tell your "friend" to stop being a lazy git and actually play the game instead of being AFK. If he got ganked over an MTU then his drones probably attacked the person who popped it, putting him into a limited engagement. This is trivial to avoid, it requires paying attention, being at the keyboard and setting drones to passive or recalling them when a member of the mission inspectorate pays a visit.

Highsec is as much a player combat area as any other place in Eve, it is not, never has been and never should be a non PvP area.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#39 - 2013-12-23 11:03:47 UTC
Turn your drones off of 'Aggressive' mode. Problem solved.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Vidua Arte Album
Epic Boo Bees
#40 - 2013-12-23 11:05:12 UTC
lol it's like people not using their brains at all when reading something