These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Author
Xaak Arji
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-12-18 08:15:20 UTC
Why is this game so F***ing elitist? It's so stupid that I cannot exclude myself from a war decc. Makes me so angry it makes my experience with Eve a total piece of S***. Millions lost because I can't just be left the hell alone, yet still have some sense of community and guys to run PvE. As a new player I can not get ahead because every time I join a corp, some ass hole f***ing thinks it's funny to blow my s*** up in a stupid ass war. Seriously. Rant over.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#2 - 2013-12-18 08:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Christine Peeveepeeski
Wow, thats elitist?

Why not go fit up an assault frigate and go run c1's when this happens? You'll earn level 4 mission worths of isk at least once you get the hang of it and you'll see parts of EVE you'd never even considered. Hell, find some awesome systems that look amazing... fun while earning iskies?
Marcus Caspius
#3 - 2013-12-18 08:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Caspius
Somewhat agree - Its your own fault if you don't watch your six and get owned.

I do however think the WarDec mech is dumb. It is pointless in Null & Low, it's not a catalyst for PvP in High and does not create content outside of a bunch is chicken-s#!t wardeckers that pick on easy targets and run away when something with teeth shows up.

But you still have no excuse for getting owned...

Grammatical error and spelling mistakes are included for your entertainment!

Jove Death
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-12-18 08:30:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Jove Death
Leave and create your own corp. Shocked

Takes bugger all training time and you then set your tax to 0%. Cool

Likely hood of somebody wasting 50 mill on a 1 man corp would be pretty small. Blink

ps pro tip. Dont mission in a war

Quoting "you will die" in EvE is fail Chars dont die in EvE. Unless you have a heart attack eek.

MestariBation
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-12-18 08:33:57 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:
Why is this game so F***ing elitist? It's so stupid that I cannot exclude myself from a war decc. Makes me so angry it makes my experience with Eve a total piece of S***. Millions lost because I can't just be left the hell alone, yet still have some sense of community and guys to run PvE. As a new player I can not get ahead because every time I join a corp, some ass hole f***ing thinks it's funny to blow my s*** up in a stupid ass war. Seriously. Rant over.

Give me 500milj and you can join my corp, no more wars..

Send me isk im poor

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#6 - 2013-12-18 08:45:00 UTC
Join a wormhole corp. Best place to live if you wanna be left alone.

Wars will become mostly pointless then. But everyone will still be trying to kill you anyway. Lol

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Dracvlad
Tactically Challenged
Tactical Supremacy
#7 - 2013-12-18 08:49:57 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:

You can exclude yourself from a war dec, you leave the corp for the duration and join an NPC one.

You want the sense of community, well find a corp or alliance that has a channel to keep that community while in an NPC corp to avoid war decs. When you talk about community, what do you mean, do you mean doing PvE together, or chat, if its chat then a channel works great. Sit back and ask yourself, how often do you do thing with others in game.

Never ever make rant posts like this, there are some people who will add you to their war dec list because you cried, sad, but that is Eve.

Some things you can do to reduce the impact of war decs if you want to stay in hisec and operate, though it has risks, you create other mission areas for you, grind up the standings with another faction away from the current area you operate in, so that should you get war dec'd by someone who operates in Caldari space they will hardly bother you when you are 30 jumps away, though some will hunt you down.

Looking at your recent losses indicates to me that you are getting there with working out how to fit your ships, so it looks like you are either working that out yourself or someone with a bit of knowledge is helping you.

The thing about Eve is that it is very difficult to get ahead, there is always someone who wants to knock you down no matter how old or good you are, the question is can you deal with it or buckle under it?

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

MILK Monk
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-12-18 08:50:22 UTC
go play counter strike, have a fun with spraying on walls and complain about other players running around and shooting you... because counter strike is elitist game too Twisted

Maybe, you picked the wrong game or wrong strategy for this game?

lady slave
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-12-18 08:50:30 UTC
A problem for many people but as ccp hates you nothing will be done about it ,but there are ways to help your self ie when the 24hr period before the war starts use that time to move your mission running stuff to a more out of the way area and off the normal trade routes as these are where many war decers are likely to hang out. Also you could work on a neutral alt to allow yourself to continue your chosen profession whilst at war. If that is not help full just join a null sec corp get rich and and have a lot of fun making others spill lots of yummy tears.
Dextrome Thorphan
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-12-18 08:53:32 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:

Yea right, nice troll buddy :p
Dextrome Thorphan
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-12-18 08:56:36 UTC
lady slave wrote:
A problem for many people but as ccp hates you nothing will be done about it ,but there are ways to help your self ie when the 24hr period before the war starts use that time to move your mission running stuff to a more out of the way area and off the normal trade routes as these are where many war decers are likely to hang out. Also you could work on a neutral alt to allow yourself to continue your chosen profession whilst at war. If that is not help full just join a null sec corp get rich and and have a lot of fun making others spill lots of yummy tears.

You indeed get a 24 hour notice before the war starts... plenty of time to leave corp, I don't see what the problem is (IF the OP was being serious, which I'm sure he wasn't unless he's some ignorant little foul-mouthed kid)
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#12 - 2013-12-18 08:57:49 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:

I expected much better from General Tso's Alliance members...

So does General Tso. Maybe I should let him know...

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Amber Kurvora
#13 - 2013-12-18 09:04:36 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Join a wormhole corp. Best place to live if you wanna be left alone.

Wars will become mostly pointless then. But everyone will still be trying to kill you anyway. Lol

This. It takes a hell of a lot of dedication to fight a long term war in W-space. Lol
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#14 - 2013-12-18 09:06:11 UTC
are these so called tears?
Josef Djugashvilis
#15 - 2013-12-18 09:09:47 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:

Welcome to Eve Online.

Once you get a basic understanding of how things work, it will all make sense and you will find it easier to avoid being killed...most of the time.

Stick at it and do not quit.

This is not a signature.

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#16 - 2013-12-18 09:18:18 UTC
What did you expect when joining a corp with the description:

Quote:
We are the power known as DIOS EX. We will continue to grow in strength and numbers while we carve our name into the history of legends of Dust 514. With our teamwork and expertise as a deadly unit on the battlefield people will recognize your prowess in battle and fear you without question. We are the authority, the respected, the rumored, We are Dios EX. and this universe belongs to us. If you wish to become a part of DIOS EX. send an application with general information of what you run.

I really think you picked the wrong corp, because you really don't sound like part of a team that is a "deadly unit on the battlefield", and your post really does not give me the impression that "people will recognize your prowess in battle and fear you without question"

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#17 - 2013-12-18 09:27:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
Xaak Arji wrote:
Why is this game so F***ing elitist?

Padon? You meant to say 'a f***ing pyramid scam' right?

Xaak Arji wrote:
It's so stupid that I cannot exclude myself from a war decc.

You can. Stay in an NPC corp.

Xaak Arji wrote:
Makes me so angry it makes my experience with Eve a total piece of S***.

If it truly makes you angry then this might not be the healthiest game for you to play.

Xaak Arji wrote:
Millions lost because I can't just be left the hell alone, yet still have some sense of community and guys to run PvE.

The 'sense of community' is easily broken with strictly-PVE-players once they start dying like flies... because none of them has a clue about PVP. If you want to be 'left alone' become a hardline pirate, join a group in deep nullsec or whatever, because that luxury doesn't come without sacrifices. PVE groups have a sense of cameraderie as long as their wallets go up, but know little loyalty to their corp when the going gets tough.

Xaak Arji wrote:
As a new player I can not get ahead because every time I join a corp, some ass hole f***ing thinks it's funny to blow my s*** up in a stupid ass war. Seriously. Rant over.

I hope you realize that outside of hisec, the mechanics work in such ways that you are practicly at war with everybody... at any and all times. As a new player you would 'get ahead' much faster if you got into a PVP group. There is no getting ahead in PVE anyway because a threadmill simply does not go anywhere.
Other Minion
Air
The Initiative.
#18 - 2013-12-18 09:29:31 UTC
First off. Can I have your stuff?

Secondly. You do know this is EVE Online. right? It's the wild west in space you troll. So take some f%#$ Midol and stop being a complete n00b.
CCP Falcon
#19 - 2013-12-18 09:36:06 UTC
War is the fuel that keeps the gears of New Eden's economy turning.

Without stuff being blown up, and without people blowing stuff up, the demand for new hardware would plummet, and the economy would grind to a halt.

While it sucks to lose stuff, that's life in New Eden due to the hypercapitalistic, conflict fueled society that we all live in.

My best advice as an 11 year veteran of EVE?

Learn to shoot back.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-12-18 09:37:08 UTC
Xaak Arji wrote:

There is a huge difference between being elitist and not being dumbist....

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

123Next pageLast page