These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Templis Dragonaors is apparently impersonating things for 2 years

Author
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#21 - 2013-12-18 04:05:13 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
bwhahahhahahahaha

not laughing at you.... laughing at the situation.

guess you can't use RP names in-game... gotta keep the RP to out of game forum posts.

Yeah - there definitely is a common theme when it come to RP.

Stay docked and talk about it = OK.
Actually do something active and provide ingame content = BAD.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#22 - 2013-12-18 04:06:35 UTC
brb reporting every corp with 'gallente' 'caldari' 'amarr' or 'minmatar' in the name or description
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#23 - 2013-12-18 04:53:17 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
bwhahahhahahahaha

guess you can't use RP names in-game... gotta keep the RP to out of game forum posts.

That is because it would all make the Gallente look bad and we all know about CCP Gallente [Is Super Awesome]

I would also like to note I am selling Tin Foil hats for Christmas to all EvE players.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#24 - 2013-12-18 04:55:54 UTC  |  Edited by: IbanezLaney
Sean Parisi wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:
bwhahahhahahahaha

That is because it would all make the Gallente look bad and we all know about CCP Gallente [Is Super Awesome]

I would also like to note I am selling Tin Foil hats for Christmas to all EvE players.

As long as the hats are free of Gallente nits then ill take 3.
(I will craft the 3 into one mega powerful tinfoil hat)

In all seriousness:

My Alliance has 'Caldari State' in its name.

Is CCP going to crap all over everyone or is this just a focused attack on Templis??
This issue need further serious discussion.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#25 - 2013-12-18 05:20:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Flyinghotpocket
-1 ccp or wait hold on

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-12-18 06:22:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Veikitamo Gesakaarin
IbanezLaney wrote:

I roleplay being a vodka drinking shooter of spaceships.

This makes me a terrible, terrible, roleplayer. Remember: it's never about having fun with RP or pew pew, it's about drama and walls of text on the IGS.

As for the petition/alliance name change, it's sad to see. Templis Dragonaors are one of the few groups in Calmil that fight regularly and with some success. That and it's just a name, you can pretty much search any NPC corp and get a list of player corporations with the same name so I don't know what the issue is. Just search "Caldari Navy" and you'll probably get a long list of, "Special Forces" corporations for it, for one.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Combatevolved
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-12-18 06:48:53 UTC
THIS MAKE COMBATEVOLVED ANGRY!

Ig Asho
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-12-18 07:07:15 UTC
This also angers Ig asho.
Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#29 - 2013-12-18 07:20:49 UTC
I am actually growing accustomed to this name. I'd like to change our ID number to that of the in-game RP'ing Templis Dragonaurs and see if that's a violation...just to poke fun at the audacity of the situation.

To me, it's the "impersonating" part. I always saw the new rule and its being brought up as a way to stop people from making "GoonSvvarm Federation" and trying to sell renter space, or something along those lines. But no. It's the guys who never claimed to be RP'ing terrorists with psychotic leadership that gets the hammer. We only claim psychotic leadership for Steve's sake Cry

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#30 - 2013-12-18 07:58:51 UTC
Morgan Torry wrote:
It's the guys who never claimed to be RP'ing terrorists with psychotic leadership that gets the hammer. We only claim psychotic leadership for Steve's sake Cry

Just because you don't claim it doesn't mean that you're not filthy roleplayers without psychotic leadership. Wait, that's NAERY. My bad. Big smile

BTW, put my vote down for Templis Mouseketeers.
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#31 - 2013-12-18 09:27:12 UTC
You just should just rename yourselves drunk alliance please ignore.
Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-12-18 10:19:24 UTC
What hacks me off, personally, is the no-warning, no-discussion part of it. Especially given that the name was chosen before DUST's beta even launched, back when the NPC Templis Dragonaurs were just an interesting part of EVE lore rather than an actual entity that players could join, and the PC Templis Dragonaors had since passed through oversight on CCP's part, up to the approval of an alliance logo ... would it have been too much trouble to give an alliance a few days to figure out a way to get into compliance, rather than flushing the alliance's identity with absolutely no warning?

Also, too, "Two-Oh-One-Three-One-Two-One-Seven" doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as nicely as "Two-Four-Six-Oh-One".

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#33 - 2013-12-18 11:03:06 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
What hacks me off, personally, is the no-warning, no-discussion part of it. Especially given that the name was chosen before DUST's beta even launched, back when the NPC Templis Dragonaurs were just an interesting part of EVE lore rather than an actual entity that players could join, and the PC Templis Dragonaors had since passed through oversight on CCP's part, up to the approval of an alliance logo ... would it have been too much trouble to give an alliance a few days to figure out a way to get into compliance, rather than flushing the alliance's identity with absolutely no warning?

Also, too, "Two-Oh-One-Three-One-Two-One-Seven" doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as nicely as "Two-Four-Six-Oh-One".

EVE Alliance 20131217 has a nice ring to it!
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#34 - 2013-12-18 16:28:05 UTC
I like the new name. Major missed opportunity to go the "Templis Dragonaur Special Forces" route Veikitamo mentioned. : P
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#35 - 2013-12-18 16:37:17 UTC
I just petitioned "Villore Accords" for impersonating a Solar System, a Treaty, and a Honda all at the same time.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#36 - 2013-12-18 17:17:08 UTC
Gold.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#37 - 2013-12-18 17:59:48 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Marc Callan wrote:

EVE Alliance 20131217 has a nice ring to it!

to bad thats also impersonating eve alliance 20138920132189041

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#38 - 2013-12-18 18:08:10 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
I just petitioned "Villore Accords" for impersonating a Solar System, a Treaty, and a Honda all at the same time.

LOL!

Good stuff

nom nom

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#39 - 2013-12-18 19:10:47 UTC
Rumors tell that some guy had problems with some other guy and then wardecs and meta gaming started and now what? there is no more other side ! Only some serial number.

do not mess with wrong guys.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#40 - 2013-12-18 19:28:15 UTC
What's next? Casoff getting reported for impersonations Hasselhoff?

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Previous page123Next page