These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Pay Concord for Detailed Killmail

First post
Author
Kris Xavier
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#21 - 2013-12-17 16:45:18 UTC
Cypherous wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
800m ceased to be spacerich since long before I started playing.

I have to pay more than that a month to PLEX my 2 accounts, 800m really isn't that much these days, hell i own ships more expensive than this >.<

800m is alot of isk really, i could buy like 40 fully fitted caracals with that, i jsut bought a drake but i am too scared too undock it because of its value :/
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2013-12-17 16:53:14 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:
Davon Mandra'thin wrote:
You will be taking away functionality that already exists and be forcing players to pay for that functionality to return. In what way did you think they would be a good idea?

Taking something away and charging people for it, theres are millions of examples of this is the real world. Eve is real.
And also, it'll create a way to remove isk from the game, and lets face it, right now people are too rich, i know a guy who has over 800m isk! Its crazy.

That doesn't really explain why it's a good idea to make large parts of the code lay dormant because no-one ever uses it. It doesn't even explain the problem properly or how you think this will help.

If your goal is to remove ISK, large point efforts against a small number of players will fail for two reasons: they are too specific to siphon off any real amount of ISK, and they're to targeted to ever be used. Instead, look at huge amounts of smaller fees — preferably ones that affect every player, and without any way of avoiding the cost.

…but again, that's assuming there is an actual problem to be solved, which isn't particularly clear.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#23 - 2013-12-17 16:54:18 UTC
Magna Mortem wrote:

Unlike how it works in games, people won't just kill themselves when the state raises taxes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bedroom-tax-suicide-stephanie-bottrills-2106302

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

flakeys
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-12-17 16:58:43 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:
Create isk sink, which is what eve needs right now, you kill someone, get a km which says , brutix killed piloted by suchandsuch, est value, 400m, you can then pay concord 'x' amount for a detailed report which shows the modules and implants for pods.

Discuss

Great idea , while we are at it:

-Payments for using the stargate.
-Payments for docking in empire
-Payments for checking the market

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#25 - 2013-12-17 17:25:53 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Kris Xavier wrote:
Create isk sink, which is what eve needs right now, you kill someone, get a km which says , brutix killed piloted by suchandsuch, est value, 400m, you can then pay concord 'x' amount for a detailed report which shows the modules and implants for pods.

Discuss

Great idea , while we are at it:

-Payments for using the stargate.
-Payments for docking in empire
-Payments for checking the market

You forgot ship toasting

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

brinelan
#26 - 2013-12-17 17:52:30 UTC
lol
Mirima Thurander
#27 - 2013-12-17 18:57:25 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

Discuss

i like this idea, it adds a player choice.

do they pay to see that fit?

or just accept the KM and go on not knowing?

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Kris Xavier
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#28 - 2013-12-17 19:42:16 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Kris Xavier wrote:

Discuss

i like this idea, it adds a player choice.

do they pay to see that fit?

or just accept the KM and go on not knowing?

Basically yea, pay Concord to see the fit, it would also stop people being so anal about killboard efficiency and unless you paid for the fits, the isk win/lose would be miles out.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#29 - 2013-12-17 19:43:33 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

Basically yea, pay Concord to see the fit, it would also stop people being so anal about killboard efficiency

Why does this bother you?

Uncle Traveling Matt
Zi-Zi's Asylum
Red Dragon Federation
#30 - 2013-12-17 19:45:19 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

And also, it'll create a way to remove isk from the game, and lets face it, right now people are too rich, i know a guy who has over 800m isk! Its crazy.

Surely this is a joke, right? 800m is poor.

UTM
Kris Xavier
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#31 - 2013-12-17 19:46:03 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kris Xavier wrote:

Basically yea, pay Concord to see the fit, it would also stop people being so anal about killboard efficiency

Why does this bother you?

No. But it bothers a lot of people, usually those bad at pvp. But is has been used, and is being used as a tool to judge pvp ability, of which it is horrendous.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#32 - 2013-12-17 19:48:00 UTC
dethleffs wrote:
I am already poor. You want me to spend x amount on every killmail i get just to see the fit?

I agree I am too poor to keep on paying for the ammo I fire at people :(

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-12-17 19:49:52 UTC
I have something like 98% killboard efficiency.
Which just goes to show you that it really has nothing to do with how good you are at PVP.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#34 - 2013-12-17 19:51:21 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

No. But it bothers a lot of people, usually those bad at pvp. But is has been used, and is being used as a tool to judge pvp ability, of which it is horrendous.

You think that... a bad (in your opinion) method for gauging combat ability should be a pay-for service because its bad?

Kris Xavier
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#35 - 2013-12-17 20:02:04 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kris Xavier wrote:

You think that... a bad (in your opinion) method for gauging combat ability should be a pay-for service because its bad?

My reasons for suggesting this had nothing to do with killboards. I simply responded to a question about killboards. My reasoning is it will annoy people and create an isk sink.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#36 - 2013-12-17 20:05:10 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

My reasons for suggesting this had nothing to do with killboards. I simply responded to a question about killboards. My reasoning is it will annoy people and create an isk sink.

Ok, so you are saying that there is an inflation problem, and that not enough people are annoyed and this will solve both of those quicker than ganking all around you as fast as Catalysts can be churned out of the factory complexes of Lonetrek?

Kris Xavier
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#37 - 2013-12-17 20:11:04 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kris Xavier wrote:

Ok, so you are saying that there is an inflation problem, and that not enough people are annoyed and this will solve both of those quicker than ganking all around you as fast as Catalysts can be churned out of the factory complexes of Lonetrek?

I dislike pvp. Why would i gank Catalyst?
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#38 - 2013-12-17 20:12:29 UTC
Kris Xavier wrote:

I dislike pvp. Why would i gank Catalyst?

Ill speak a little slower, so you may understand

Why do you want people to pay for something you consider useless?

Why do you want an Isk-sink?

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#39 - 2013-12-17 20:18:29 UTC
It should cost a minimum of 50m isk to post a new topic in GD.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Mr Pragmatic
#40 - 2013-12-17 20:27:29 UTC
I LOVE IT! Make the PVPers pay for their insane blood lust.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Previous page123Next page