These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Smoking while Playing Eve - PSA

First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Hell House
Hell Dawn
#21 - 2013-12-14 17:47:27 UTC
Dark 0verlord wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but a hookah is not sexy. I think a hookah is rather immature. Why would you smoke a substance that is potentially harmful to your body when you aren't even getting high off of it.

Hong Kong kung fu movies are never wrong.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Xuixien
Black Echelon
#22 - 2013-12-14 18:59:04 UTC
Again, it's not the fact the smoking kills you.

It's the way it kills you.

You get a better nicotine profile from snuff.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#23 - 2013-12-14 20:32:47 UTC
Posting in "Eve character creation needs cigarettes" thread.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Domineren
Stain Corp.
#24 - 2013-12-14 23:24:30 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:
Please stop this bad habit. It's amazing how many of you still smoke cigarettes.

Come on, it's not the 70's even the tobacco companies advertise you're gonna die if you do it. Stop now. Ok.

personally i dont smoke, i dip. Copenhagen Wintergreen, Long Cut

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Dark 0verlord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-12-14 23:46:08 UTC
Domineren wrote:
VegasMirage wrote:
Please stop this bad habit. It's amazing how many of you still smoke cigarettes.

Come on, it's not the 70's even the tobacco companies advertise you're gonna die if you do it. Stop now. Ok.

personally i dont smoke, i dip. Copenhagen Wintergreen, Long Cut

Bad ass.
Xuixien
Black Echelon
#26 - 2013-12-15 03:58:21 UTC
Michael Ruckert wrote:
Posting in "Eve character creation needs cigarettes" thread.

I would very much like the option to put cigarettes in my character's ear/lip, or to add a wad of tobacco to their cheek. :)

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

VegasMirage
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#27 - 2013-12-15 04:05:17 UTC
Everything is calculated risks, so why take on so much risk with absolutely no benefit? You've been brainwashed to think cigarettes are "cool", make you look "cool" or go well with things like coffee or alcohol. Your self perception is bent.

Brainwashed by 'The Marlboro Man' and killer logos like Camel "Turkish Blend"... and you accept this by making excuses for the product and their advertised perceived "benefits".

You're a product of a mediated reality. You are not free, you are a slave to somebody else's profits.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Domineren
Stain Corp.
#28 - 2013-12-15 04:35:29 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:
Everything is calculated risks, so why take on so much risk with absolutely no benefit? You've been brainwashed to think cigarettes are "cool", make you look "cool" or go well with things like coffee or alcohol. Your self perception is bent.

Brainwashed by 'The Marlboro Man' and killer logos like Camel "Turkish Blend"... and you accept this by making excuses for the product and their advertised perceived "benefits".

You're a product of a mediated reality. You are not free, you are a slave to somebody else's profits.

Well being young and dumb gets at you

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Dark 0verlord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-12-15 05:15:26 UTC
Domineren wrote:
VegasMirage wrote:

Well being young and dumb gets at you

I think it has a lot to do with a cry for attention. Whether it be from the 'cool kids' or your parents/teachers. The kids that smoke cigarettes just want attention.
Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-12-15 12:22:57 UTC
You are smoking ciggarets, Your doing it wrong. Do it like a president, smoke cigars!
VegasMirage
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2013-12-15 16:09:12 UTC
Smoking cigarettes also satisfies an oral fetish or desire to have something put in one's mouth.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#32 - 2013-12-16 01:15:12 UTC
Thread has been moved to Out of Pod Experience.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#33 - 2013-12-16 02:34:02 UTC
I myself enjoy a nice ciggy before dropping my ships ^_^

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Colonel Selene
NulzSec
#34 - 2013-12-16 02:39:56 UTC
Gross, this thread smells like smoke.

Grrr.

Oxylan
QRDELESH - Mutual Admiration Society
#35 - 2013-12-16 09:03:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxylan
Hi OP.

How you can explain that my grandmother is 72years old, helthy, with good i would say condition at this period of time, she start smoking when she was around 15-17 years old, second part, i hear a story about other people who got cancer or die even hey never drink alcohol or smoking.

Live is damn unfair.

Personaly i smoke cigaretes, i know this suck but is my choise and i like it, i wont stop it, because its part of my style.

With full respect to people who dont smoking, that i understand they are great just because they care about others and yourself.

Redgards

If it bleed we can kill it.

Sebastor Cane
The Outlet
#36 - 2013-12-16 14:17:01 UTC
Hi OP

The only reason i smoke is to get the taste of weed and hooker spit out of my mouth in the morning

Enjoy
Ryder 'ook
Morb's Import Export
#37 - 2013-12-16 15:30:06 UTC
I only smoke cigarettes when I can't smoke weed.

And as a daddy of two with a full-time job I'm smoking A LOT more cigarettes than joints/spliffs, unfortunately.

;)

Every atom in our bodies was forged in the furnace of ancient stars - it's time we return home.

Black Panpher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-12-16 16:33:43 UTC
@ OP not everyone is smoking tobacco...

Xuixien wrote:
Again, it's not the fact the smoking kills you.

It's the way it kills you.

You get a better nicotine profile from snuff.

You should maybe look into the way snuff kills you lol...
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#39 - 2013-12-16 16:53:22 UTC
The problem with telling smokers not to smoke is they're oppositional by nature. You tell them not to do something, they want to do it more, just to spite you. Actually I suppose you don't have to be a smoker to be like that.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#40 - 2013-12-16 17:49:33 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:

All of that is hideously wrong wrong wrong. I smoke only because I'm addicted to nicotine. Period.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882