These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Center System

First post
Author
Vincent Holtz
EVE Information Network
#1 - 2013-12-16 11:52:38 UTC
Hello one and all.

I have a ? for all you EVE Fans.

After looking at the EVE map I can't find the most center system to New Eden.
Can any on help me with this please.

Thank you.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-12-16 11:57:00 UTC
Oh goody, another graph theory related thread.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-12-16 12:05:39 UTC
Center in what way? Center as in physical center of the known space or middle of the gate system measured in gate jumps or something else?
Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#4 - 2013-12-16 12:08:17 UTC
Remembering from an old thread, based on amount of jumps, it was Kapuutenen. Supposed to be the system with least amount of jumps to reach any far-out system. (Google Eve center system, gets you several threads about this subject)

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#5 - 2013-12-16 12:11:01 UTC
All paths leads to Nova, that's a good a guess as any.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-12-16 12:22:21 UTC
If there were some way to represent the systems in EVE and their jumps outside of the game as an unweighted, undirected graph that we could perform algorithms on, we could answer this question. However I have no idea how to do that.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Vincent Holtz
EVE Information Network
#7 - 2013-12-16 12:24:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Holtz
I am looking for the center system of known space.

I will google it and see what it comes up will .

If i dont like what i find I will go with kaaputenen
CCP Falcon
#8 - 2013-12-16 12:38:56 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
System : Mohas
Constellation : Hevaka
Region : Derelik

If you're looking for the physical center of the cluster, not counting number of jumps and disregarding travel distance. Smile

The systems New Eden and Central Points are named as such because they were the first to be colonized by the settlers who came through the EVE Gate. They are not, however, central in terms of physical position.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Vincent Holtz
EVE Information Network
#9 - 2013-12-16 13:02:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Holtz
After looking at the eve map Mohas looks like one of the most central systems in eve. But its abit far out for my corp HQ.
Me thinks Kaaputenen looks good for what I need.

Thanks you all for your help.
Liam Inkuras
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-12-16 13:29:29 UTC
Jita

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Vincent Holtz
EVE Information Network
#11 - 2013-12-16 13:38:20 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Jita


If i had the isk you would have a bounty so high not even 1.0 systems would be safe for you

TwistedJItaEvil
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
Snuffed Out
#12 - 2013-12-16 14:27:49 UTC
Vincent Holtz wrote:
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Jita


If i had the isk you would have a bounty so high not even 1.0 systems would be safe for you

TwistedJItaEvil

he's pie
Sturmwolke
#13 - 2013-12-16 14:31:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sturmwolke
Iiirc, years back there was a report out from CCP that points Urlen as the most travelled junction system for North-South and East-West traffic.
Jita situated just a few jumps off Urlen was chosen specifically by the traders (after the highway changes that demoted Yulai to a backwater system).

Edit: It was the Q42007 QEN release (now defunct) - http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0804/QEN_Q4-2007.pdf
Othran
Route One
#14 - 2013-12-16 14:49:24 UTC
Sturmwolke wrote:
Iiirc, years back there was a report out from CCP that points Urlen as the most travelled junction system for North-South and East-West traffic.
Jita situated just a few jumps off Urlen was chosen specifically by the traders (after the highway changes that demoted Yulai to a backwater system).

Edit: It was the Q42007 QEN release (now defunct) - http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0804/QEN_Q4-2007.pdf


Actually prior to Yulai and superhighways Niyabainen was more of a hub than Jita. Probably had something to do with NAGA running their loot shop there.

Jita grew the same way most trade hubs did - because it had a load of L4 agents there. Wasn't "chosen" by anyone except mission runners.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-12-16 16:20:14 UTC
Various centers were covered in a series of blog posts about New Eden's topology, created by Archentar Symonia of Planetriskshow.com. Those posts meawhile got deleted, but I've created an alternative page with those details here.
The first post of that series goes in detail about several center points, more in regards of the stargate network. Maybe one of the options offered there will match your taste. Some already got mentioned above.

NPEISDRIP

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#16 - 2013-12-16 16:28:17 UTC
Vincent Holtz wrote:
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Jita


If i had the isk you would have a bounty so high not even 1.0 systems would be safe for you

TwistedJItaEvil


What does bounty have to do with being in danger?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Tarsas Phage
Freight Club
#17 - 2013-12-16 18:32:45 UTC
Speaking of the old superhighway system, does anyone or CCP have an old map they can post of this? This was waaay before my time playing and it would be interesting to see how things were at the time… including Saurum Prime being a lowsec system I heard.

I think you can still see some vestiges of the old superhighway system, though - Kaap <-> Niarja in particular and Amarr <-> Kor-Azor Prime I think.
Luna Pryde
We Who Walk Alone
#18 - 2013-12-16 19:59:59 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:
All paths leads to Nova, that's a good a guess as any.

Yes, they do, especially if you were gonna try to fight AHARM back then. Not sure now....

Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

I don't need luck. I have ammo.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Luna%20Angelo My DUST Merc

Ambassador Crane
Hellhound Productions
#19 - 2013-12-16 23:29:23 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Various centers were covered in a series of blog posts about New Eden's topology, created by Archentar Symonia of Planetriskshow.com. Those posts meawhile got deleted, but I've created an alternative page with those details here.
The first post of that series goes in detail about several center points, more in regards of the stargate network. Maybe one of the options offered there will match your taste. Some already got mentioned above.


Never seen this before. Was a very interesting read!