These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Give FW incentives to capture systems

Author
trader joes Ichinumi
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-12-16 01:36:54 UTC

Unless you plan on investing to upgrade your tier, its just not worth it. The LP gain right now is awful. 50k LP split among everyone bashing on the control point is negligible for the amount of time it takes. And it gives your opponent better LP as they get another area to offensively plex. Unless you decide to invest enough LP to upgrading tiers, its pointless to take systems.

A large part of Gallente Militia has concluded that we aren't going to win enough to upgrade tiers, so taking systems is just a waste of time. It makes offensively plexing harder(as we have few systems to do it in), with no good reward.

I would propose significantly increasing the LP for capping a system. Everyone involved should get a flat amount of LP and defenders should get significantly increased kill and plex LP while the system is vulnerable.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#2 - 2013-12-16 02:11:33 UTC
trader joes Ichinumi wrote:

its pointless to take systems.

A large part of Gallente Militia has concluded that we aren't going to win enough to upgrade tiers, so taking systems is just a waste of time. It makes offensively plexing harder(as we have few systems to do it in), with no good reward.

Ahh yes of course - you have no systems because you decided not to take them.
Took you longer to come up with this excuse than we expected.

But don't fret OP.
In a few months we too will have no systems because we decide not to keep them.

Will you then claim to have taken the systems we decide not to hold?

This thread might be of use in the future.
Big smileBig smileBig smile
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#3 - 2013-12-16 02:22:00 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

We don't have "no" systems, we have "5".

Quote:

But don't fret OP.

Yes. Just because you decide to not hold systems doesn't mean we didn't take them.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#4 - 2013-12-16 02:46:57 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Yes. Just because you decide to not hold systems doesn't mean we didn't take them.

According to the OP - Gallente don't want to take systems because it's counter productive.

Anyhow you forgot the current official Gallente line:
'We are only here for pvp and dont care about sov. '

The OP doesnt even have the brain to post on his main and used a derp alt to post - That is a good sign that even he knows what he posted is extrasuperretarded.

Theroine
Pew Pew Pirates
#5 - 2013-12-16 03:00:15 UTC

Unless you plan on investing to upgrade your tier, its just not worth it. The LP gain right now is awful. 50k LP split among everyone bashing on the control point is negligible for the amount of time it takes. And it gives your opponent better LP as they get another area to offensively plex. Unless you decide to invest enough LP to upgrading tiers, its pointless to take systems.

I would propose significantly increasing the LP for capping a system. Everyone involved should get a flat amount of LP and defenders should get significantly increased kill and plex LP while the system is vulnerable.

You should be busting the iHub for the greater good of your faction, not as a way to farm LP. You wouldn't be one of those isk grubbing space wh or es, would you?
trader joes Ichinumi
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-12-16 03:32:15 UTC  |  Edited by: trader joes Ichinumi
IbanezLaney wrote:

its pointless to take systems.

But don't fret OP.

This thread might be of use in the future.
Big smileBig smileBig smile

There are currently 4 Caldari controlled systems that are vulnerable. I know that at least 2 of them have no Caldari presence in them. and Gallente has fleets roaming around that could take those systems. Instead, they opt to gank Caldari because they don't think taking systems is worth it.

What I would claim is that unless you get a group large enough to commit resources to moving up in tiers(like TEST), there is little incentive to take systems.

Taking individual systems is time consuming, risks higher value ships and offers little reward in itself.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#7 - 2013-12-16 03:37:26 UTC
Confirming that ganking squids is more fun than bashing iHubs.
trader joes Ichinumi
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-12-16 03:40:07 UTC
Theroine wrote:

You should be busting the iHub for the greater good of your faction, not as a way to farm LP. You wouldn't be one of those isk grubbing space wh or es, would you?

Almost nobody actually cares about the faction. People care about good pvp and people care about LP farming. Spending 30 minutes bashing on a control point with little reward doesn't appeal to either of these groups.

My corp actually does like to PvP. We took Frarie a few days ago when it became vulnerable. It was pretty boring. It took us about an hour and the only action we got from was from neutrals(despite a Test fleet being 10 jumps away. guess it wasn't interesting to them).

Then we decided that we would rather roam and haven't capped anything since.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#9 - 2013-12-16 04:22:27 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

We don't have "no" systems, we have "5".

*High Five*
Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-12-16 04:29:13 UTC
Theroine wrote:

Almost nobody actually cares about the faction. People care about good pvp and people care about LP farming. Spending 30 minutes bashing on a control point with little reward doesn't appeal to either of these groups.

My corp actually does like to PvP. We took Frarie a few days ago when it became vulnerable. It was pretty boring. It took us about an hour and the only action we got from was from neutrals(despite a Test fleet being 10 jumps away. guess it wasn't interesting to them).

Then we decided that we would rather roam and haven't capped anything since.

You really don't understand FW. There is no winning and no losing, only fights. Once Gallente have enough systems vulnerable, we will flip them, and push to tier-3/tier-4. Then the farmers will farm like crazy and we'll take the warzone until we are down to only defended systems. At that point, the farmers will starve out and switch sides to Caldari and everything will start over again.

If we take the systems now, Caldari will just farm them back.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#11 - 2013-12-16 05:30:10 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Almost nobody actually cares about the faction.

Who are you again? While you're at it, how about adding some "street cred" by showing us your killboard and letting us know how much VP you or your corp make each day.
Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#12 - 2013-12-16 08:38:42 UTC
Just because gals don't bash ihubs when YOU want does not mean they don't bash at all..

uh btw common frogs i need more systems to plex so get to work will ya

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Ali Cyne
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-12-16 08:53:15 UTC
posting in a "caldari have suddenly realized why we dont care about warzone control" thread.

its cute.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#14 - 2013-12-16 10:19:28 UTC
Reading the title to the thread I couldn't help but think how CCP can't even give reasons for sov in Null. FW? Roll
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-12-16 11:07:49 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

According to the OP - Gallente don't want to take systems because it's counter productive.

exactly. It gives caldari farmers new place to farm ISK. And capturing new systems doesn't give enough benefits to gallente to spend time and effort.

IbanezLaney wrote:

Anyhow you forgot the current official Gallente line:
'We are only here for pvp and dont care about sov. '

and grinding structures and forcing farmers out of plexes is not that kind of PvP people would like to do.

IbanezLaney wrote:

The OP doesnt even have the brain to post on his main and used a derp alt to post - That is a good sign that even he knows what he posted is extrasuperretarded.

there is another variant: you just have no trained reading comprehension to actually understand what people write

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-12-16 11:09:27 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#17 - 2013-12-16 18:35:08 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

Who are you again? While you're at it, how about adding some "street cred" by showing us your killboard and letting us know how much VP you or your corp make each day.

I'll take two guesses based on who lives in Eugales (to my knowledge only two corps were involved with the most recent Frarie flip but I could be wrong as I wasn't online at the time).

Either TPLUS or BLFOX alt.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#18 - 2013-12-16 22:22:21 UTC
No

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Ninteen Seventy-Nine
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-12-16 23:21:21 UTC
Yes

"The unending paradox is that we do learn through pain."

Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#20 - 2013-12-17 00:07:11 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

I'll take two guesses based on who lives in Eugales (to my knowledge only two corps were involved with the most recent Frarie flip but I could be wrong as I wasn't online at the time).

Either TPLUS or BLFOX alt.

Just how green do you think this guy is? I mean, our last warzone control push wasn't that long ago.

Srsly, GalMil are the defenders of free speech and the open forum! OP should be less cowardly and post on his main.
12Next page