These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Идеи и предложения

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Drone regions improvement suggestions

First post
Author
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-11-21 12:42:49 UTC
Как и обещал, выкладываю краткую выжимку темы про возможные пути улучшения дрон-регионов на английском языке; копия была отправлена непосредственно CCP Greyscale. Так как ответы от разработчиков в этой теме также будут на английском, обсуждение, думаю, имеет смысл продолжать в предыдущей теме.

---

As promised, here is a brief summary of the "Drone regions improvement suggestions" thread in the Russian General Discussion forum section.

Background

Perceived disparity of income in drone regions compared to the “bounty” null-sec:

• Income in the drone regions is lower than in other null-sec (especially after the Drone Horde fixes and buffs of other anomalies)
  • “Gunmining” makes looting mandatory => need to operate extra accounts
  • Lack of exploration sites (ladar/magnetometric/etc.)

• Solutions

• Replace alloys with bounties comparable to other null-sec regions; at the same time, introduce other means for mineral compression [so that the existing player-built infrastructure is not wasted]
  • Replace alloys with tags / other sellable items (similar to overseer effects) / BPCs for drone ships and equipment [introduction of CONCORD-purchasable drone drops can be role-played accordingly]
  • Reduce the ratio of high-end minerals in the drone alloys [so that there is less dependency on drone regions for all minerals]
  • Introduce faction / officer drone modules [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Introduce [mineral] convoys in drone regions [to counterbalance the lack of mineral supply if the alloys are changed to bounties]
  • Introduce drone exploration sites (ladar/magnetometric/etc.) [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Increase the volume of alloys to be consistent with regular mining [so that mining does not become obsolete]
  • Add non-drone anomalies to drone regions (similar to drone anomalies in the rest of null-sec) [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Shuffle the drone regions around the map instead of clustering them all together [so that one group does not control the majority of the mineral supply]
  • Replace alloys with T2 salvage or augmented drone components [so that the players can still contribute to the economy and get reasonable income]
  • Make the “fast-track” Drone Horde completion legal, essentially keeping the current status quo (while moving the escalation triggers to 10/10 complexes onto other anomalies) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]
  • Boost other high-end drone anomalies (Drone Patrols) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]
  • Add more drone/fighter/FB modifications to the game that would utilize drone components and create unique incentives in the drone regions [so that drone regions still produce something of considerable demand]
  • Differentiate drone loot depending on the means used to destroy the rogue drone (killing w/ blasters or thermal missiles yield alloys, killing w/ projectiles or explosive/kinetic weapons yield modules, lasers or EM missiles yield drone components)

Potential Issues

If the alloys will be replaced with bounties, will the following game elements be featured?

• Drone NPC regions
  • Faction items
  • Officers

Won’t the removal of alloys create a massive mineral deficit in the game; in the same vein, addition of drone bounties may lead to a massive inflation spike? In addition, PVE in drone regions is considered to be less prone to botting compared to other null-sec regions

General Ideas and Feedback

• Introduce more randomness to anomalies (% chance for extra spawns, other faction encounters within a given anomaly, etc. )
  • Botting is obviously perceived as a serious issue with null-sec in general
  • More ISK sinks are needed – e.g. introduce supercapital maintenance costs, etc.
  • Make regions more diverse (unique loot, etc.) without creating a dependency of the whole game on any one region

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Somal Thunder
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#2 - 2011-11-21 14:41:50 UTC
IMO, there is a reason that people actually like living in drone regions DESPITE not having any officers and bounties. Obviously, changing this would not make the experience for drone region dwellers worse, although I do believe a more subtle approach could be made - simply make the alloys refine into more minerals and perhaps make the alloys less space dependant.

Just my two cents.
Avila Cracko
#3 - 2011-11-21 15:15:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Avila Cracko
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES THAT HURT MINING!!!

ON CONTRARY, HELP MINERS, MAKE MINING VIABLE PROFESSION AGAIN!!!

Mining needs to become main source of minerals once again!!!

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Avila Cracko
#4 - 2011-11-21 15:17:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Avila Cracko

dischordia
wiggle Tech.
Pandamimic Legion
#5 - 2011-11-21 15:46:48 UTC
Avila Cracko wrote:

some very good points here by spitfire, but i wish people would use there brains and not just go "GEIF MINER!!SSS MORE MINIERALS OMG!!!!!"!"!" " or the like. A very good post on the English GD forums by Dirk HERE outlines why that if you take alloys straight out of the game you will never find in any system today, the yield that comes from the alloys and hence the supply will drop and demand will outstrip it soon after and we will start seeing ravens for 200 mil a time because the raw mats are just to expensive to get.

What we're actually doing is removing both hisec and PvP from the game entirely. It seems like the fairest way to solve this problem. - CCP Grayscale  - CCP troll BEST troll <3

Avila Cracko
#6 - 2011-11-21 16:08:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Avila Cracko
dischordia wrote:
Avila Cracko wrote:

some very good points here by spitfire, but i wish people would use there brains and not just go "GEIF MINER!!SSS MORE MINIERALS OMG!!!!!"!"!" " or the like. A very good post on the English GD forums by Dirk HERE outlines why that if you take alloys straight out of the game you will never find in any system today, the yield that comes from the alloys and hence the supply will drop and demand will outstrip it soon after and we will start seeing ravens for 200 mil a time because the raw mats are just to expensive to get.

Miners will then mine again and fill that short term shortage again...
Just read the whole topic in GD forum and you will see opinions of ppl... and don't only read responses of ppl form your alliance...

and about that one response... ill paste one response on it...

Crucis Cassiopeiae wrote:

And you again don't see a problem?
1 capital combat-support ship and 1 salvager mine more then 1 capital mining-support ship and 2 T2 mining ships... Ugh

And we are talking about mining here

maybe numbers are a little worse then that... but... you get a point...

Vipieris
Fraternal Order of Raddei
#7 - 2011-11-21 18:42:32 UTC
As a resident of the area in question, I must say that I'd be rather saddened to see "gunmining" go away. I "grew up" in EVE as an industrialist, and have enjoyed being able to stick to my roots while still squattin' some rats. I do however feel that we should be entitled to the same "isk-per-hour" as the faction 'plexes, and as a result wholeheartedly agree with the first poster in this thread who suggested increasing the amount of minerals gathered by reprocessing alloys. (If you increase the amount of alloys dropped from drones, you'll exceed the capacity of Noctis, which with cargo rigs and modules can usually just barely hold the drops of a single anomaly.)

I believe if you want officer drops and bounties, you should move to an area that offers them.

On a related topic, I'm wondering if CCP is able to calculate the volume of capital and super-capital ships that are produced in Drone regions. I believe strongly that removing "gunmining" from the game would make capital ship construction so tedious and boring (mining tritanium in 0.0 or hauling vast loads of it from empire) that availability of these ships would decline substantially. If Drone regions are a substantial source of these ships (and I'm only speculating that they are,) what would that do the global economy of New Eden?

Vipieris
Elegbara
White Wolf Enterprises
Harmonious Ascent
#8 - 2011-11-21 19:14:42 UTC
If drone hunting is "mining using your guns" why not make it more like real mining? Including the task of hauling and maybe some kind of depleting mechanics (i.e. there's only so much high-end alloys per day, but once those are gone you can have an equal value of lower-end alloys).

Open your eyes. And awaken.

Minuseg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-11-21 23:18:47 UTC
Quote:
Boost other high-end drone anomalies (Drone Patrols) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]

Maybe better just add more drone patrols by reducing the amount of drone hordes. With this
Quote:
Make the “fast-track” Drone Horde completion legal, essentially keeping the current status quo (while moving the escalation triggers to 10/10 complexes onto other anomalies) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]
it will be very good.

I say it as true caldari from the captain's bridge of torpedo raven Big smile This is discrimination. We need more drone patrols. Pirate
Elanor Vega
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-11-21 23:44:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Elanor Vega
Please CCP... remove mineral drops from drones...
Give them anything else... just return minerals to miners... like it suppose to be in normal world...
its not normal to shoot planes to get materials to make planes...

Give miners their dignity back...
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#11 - 2011-11-22 00:54:24 UTC
CCP Spitfire wrote:
Как и обещал, выкладываю краткую выжимку темы про возможные пути улучшения дрон-регионов на английском языке; копия была отправлена непосредственно CCP Greyscale. Так как ответы от разработчиков в этой теме также будут на английском, обсуждение, думаю, имеет смысл продолжать в предыдущей теме.

---

As promised, here is a brief summary of the "Drone regions improvement suggestions" thread in the Russian General Discussion forum section.

Background

Perceived disparity of income in drone regions compared to the “bounty” null-sec:

• Income in the drone regions is lower than in other null-sec (especially after the Drone Horde fixes and buffs of other anomalies)

• Solutions

• Replace alloys with bounties comparable to other null-sec regions; at the same time, introduce other means for mineral compression [so that the existing player-built infrastructure is not wasted]
  • Replace alloys with tags / other sellable items (similar to overseer effects) / BPCs for drone ships and equipment [introduction of CONCORD-purchasable drone drops can be role-played accordingly]
  • Reduce the ratio of high-end minerals in the drone alloys [so that there is less dependency on drone regions for all minerals]
  • Introduce faction / officer drone modules [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Introduce [mineral] convoys in drone regions [to counterbalance the lack of mineral supply if the alloys are changed to bounties]
  • Introduce drone exploration sites (ladar/magnetometric/etc.) [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Increase the volume of alloys to be consistent with regular mining [so that mining does not become obsolete]
  • Add non-drone anomalies to drone regions (similar to drone anomalies in the rest of null-sec) [so that there is more diversity and/or income streams]
  • Shuffle the drone regions around the map instead of clustering them all together [so that one group does not control the majority of the mineral supply]
  • Replace alloys with T2 salvage or augmented drone components [so that the players can still contribute to the economy and get reasonable income]
  • Make the “fast-track” Drone Horde completion legal, essentially keeping the current status quo (while moving the escalation triggers to 10/10 complexes onto other anomalies) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]
  • Boost other high-end drone anomalies (Drone Patrols) [so that the players are not penalized with reduced income]
  • Add more drone/fighter/FB modifications to the game that would utilize drone components and create unique incentives in the drone regions [so that drone regions still produce something of considerable demand]
  • Differentiate drone loot depending on the means used to destroy the rogue drone (killing w/ blasters or thermal missiles yield alloys, killing w/ projectiles or explosive/kinetic weapons yield modules, lasers or EM missiles yield drone components)

Potential Issues

If the alloys will be replaced with bounties, will the following game elements be featured?

• Drone NPC regions
  • Faction items
  • Officers

Won’t the removal of alloys create a massive mineral deficit in the game; in the same vein, addition of drone bounties may lead to a massive inflation spike? In addition, PVE in drone regions is considered to be less prone to botting compared to other null-sec regions

• Introduce more randomness to anomalies (% chance for extra spawns, other faction encounters within a given anomaly, etc. )
  • More ISK sinks are needed – e.g. introduce supercapital maintenance costs, etc.
  • Make regions more diverse (unique loot, etc.) without creating a dependency of the whole game on any one region

I think everyone is missing the obvious and easiest solution.
Lets break it down like this, I can complete four sanctums in an hour, each sanctum averages out to about 34-36 million a pop. So, in one hour you make approximately 136 million per hour of ratting in bounty space. (btw i dual box, thanny and tengu)
In drone space, i can complete a little over 4 hordes in an hour, and if I were to salvage every wreck it yeilds 34 mil in alloys based on a jita price standard. However, you have to add another 30 minutes or so of salvaging. If we were to add that same salvage time to bounty space, youd prolly get another 8 mil per sanctum in loot and salvage value. So, why not just add another 8 mil in alloy value to the hordes. That way you get the same value per high end anom and there wont be that precieved deficient value of hordes.

it solves everything, no new bounties and isk faucet, no extreme influence on mineral values, just high valued anoms by changing some loot and salvage tables. easy, fast, no huge impact, less complaining about drones.

Now, faction spawns in drone regions are worth less than normal drone bs spawns, those need to be fixed in the worst way

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Severian Carnifex
#12 - 2011-11-22 05:48:22 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
CCP Spitfire wrote:

---

Background

• Solutions

Potential Issues

• Drone NPC regions
  • Faction items
  • Officers

I think everyone is missing the obvious and easiest solution.
Lets break it down like this, I can complete four sanctums in an hour, each sanctum averages out to about 34-36 million a pop. So, in one hour you make approximately 136 million per hour of ratting in bounty space. (btw i dual box, thanny and tengu)
In drone space, i can complete a little over 4 hordes in an hour, and if I were to salvage every wreck it yeilds 34 mil in alloys based on a jita price standard. However, you have to add another 30 minutes or so of salvaging. If we were to add that same salvage time to bounty space, youd prolly get another 8 mil per sanctum in loot and salvage value. So, why not just add another 8 mil in alloy value to the hordes. That way you get the same value per high end anom and there wont be that precieved deficient value of hordes.

it solves everything, no new bounties and isk faucet, no extreme influence on mineral values, just high valued anoms by changing some loot and salvage tables. easy, fast, no huge impact, less complaining about drones.

Now, faction spawns in drone regions are worth less than normal drone bs spawns, those need to be fixed in the worst way

NO ******* way that you devalue mining more with more, more and more mineral faucets!!!
Then when prices of minerals drop more you will wine again that "others earn more"
If anyone can and must wine thats miners!!!
Give miners what belong to them - their mining back!!!

CCP... if you dont give a damn about mining and miners... and just don't want to help them... mining - the oldest thing in the game that you didn't give love from begining and only nerfing and nerfing it... then just kill mining and give miners their SP back so they can earn some isk in other professions...you player enough with peoples dignity...
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-11-22 15:20:34 UTC
Somal Thunder wrote:
IMO, there is a reason that people actually like living in drone regions DESPITE not having any officers and bounties. Obviously, changing this would not make the experience for drone region dwellers worse, although I do believe a more subtle approach could be made - simply make the alloys refine into more minerals and perhaps make the alloys less space dependant.

Just my two cents.

The problem with this sort of solution is that it's a vicious circle - we add more minerals to the drops, the additional inflow of minerals depresses mineral prices further, the drops become less valuable, and we need to add even more minerals to the drops to compensate. Meanwhile, miners get screwed even harder.

Where would you guys stand on switching to bounties, and simultaneously introducing other adjustments to make industrial logistics easier (f.ex easier movement of minerals and packaged ships)?

(This would also open the way for a proper content rebalance, commander spawn buffs, officer spawns being added etc, but that's a larger job that would probably take longer.)
pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-11-22 16:00:12 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

Where would you guys stand on switching to bounties, and simultaneously introducing other adjustments to make industrial logistics easier (f.ex easier movement of minerals and packaged ships)?)

Lots of people affected would be in favor of bounties, but for different reasons:

1. Some current drone residents are a huge, huge RMT source. Changing it to bounties makes life simpler for them as they get isk without the hassle of selling drone minerals.
2. Other drone residents realize their bugged-out drone horde just got nerfed so they figure bounties will be better.
3. Highsec mining bots, er, I mean players, would be happy to have the economy more reliant upon them.
4. Your average, real player living in the drone region would be happy to not need to noctis every single spawn anymore and get brand new faction/officer spawns. Ease and excitement!

So basically, be skeptical of people's motives when they support the switch to bounties. And crackdown on bots/RMT. :(

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Mr Jonhs
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-11-22 16:10:52 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

Where would you guys stand on switching to bounties, and simultaneously introducing other adjustments to make industrial logistics easier (f.ex easier movement of minerals and packaged ships)?

We think there must be another way to remove isks from game, other than removing alloys and pushing prices to minerals up.
bornaa
GRiD.
#16 - 2011-11-22 16:21:07 UTC  |  Edited by: bornaa
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Somal Thunder wrote:

Just my two cents.

The problem with this sort of solution is that it's a vicious circle - we add more minerals to the drops, the additional inflow of minerals depresses mineral prices further, the drops become less valuable, and we need to add even more minerals to the drops to compensate. Meanwhile, miners get screwed even harder.

(This would also open the way for a proper content rebalance, commander spawn buffs, officer spawns being added etc, but that's a larger job that would probably take longer.)

Yea... please... do it... Blink

Like guy before wrote
Ppl will be for it from different motives,
BUT majority of ppl will be for it and will appreciate it for making theirs lives easyer...

Maybe some alliances/alliance leaders wont like it, but small ppl will love it...
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
mkint
#17 - 2011-11-22 16:28:35 UTC
Add creodron lp to drone regions. Buff creodron lp store. This plugs a min faucet adds an isk sink and leaves room with missions to work as a pressure valve if lp value spirals out of control like tech. Make sure the associated faction drone mods are useful but not mandatory op perhaps including augmented drones being more plentiful.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-11-22 18:23:56 UTC
If you are going to make this change, do it all at once, IE, do it when you can get EVERYTHING you talked about in there, like commander and officer spawns etc. There's enough broken with drone regions, we don't want to trade it for something else that's broken or incomplete.
Agamemnon IV
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-11-22 18:59:18 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Somal Thunder wrote:

Just my two cents.

Bounties would increase the isk inflow though. I think the problem is that it takes one a lot of work to convert the minerals in isk. (high volume and stuff)
Did you think about making the drones drop something unique instead? E.g. some unique ressources needed for drug manufacturing? Or make them the only source of technetium instead of moons (there is also plenty of drone missions in high sec, so there wouldn't be a monopoly)
Or make them drop Drone AIs which can be converted in LPs of your choice. (less minerals + isk sink = prices should stay more or less stable)

+ Make Drone officers/ bosses drop some unique and usefull modules. e.g. pimped dead space cap rechargers
Agamemnon IV
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-11-22 19:02:05 UTC
bornaa wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Somal Thunder wrote:

Just my two cents.

Yea... please... do it... Blink

Like guy before wrote
Ppl will be for it from different motives,
BUT majority of ppl will be for it and will appreciate it for making theirs lives easyer...

Maybe some alliances/alliance leaders wont like it, but small ppl will love it...

This would lead to:

lower minerals supply and higher isk supply = higher ship prices

On the other hand, due to higher mineral prices, more people will start to mine bringing the mineral prices back to reasonable level.s
123Next pageLast page