These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Pro FW solo pvp in a nutshell.

Author
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#1 - 2013-12-14 02:46:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Christine Peeveepeeski
This is going to come across as a 'WTFegopost' but actually what I'm trying to do is show people pro pvp is not as pro as you think it is. 20% of fights need /pro mode engaged but the rest need as I explain below. Example below.

I call it Gizmo and he's awesome. If you laugh at this fit then clearly you are not a l33t novice plex pvper. I'm also not but if a l33t solo novice plex pvper flew this he'd be totally proier than I am.

[Atron, rail kite]
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

150mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

This is a rail atron, load 500 jav, anti-matter and spike and you are good to go. It costs somewhere around 6 million isk.

This month, so far I have 51 kills for 4 losses in this ship. Many of which are pure solo and i have to say has been the most fun I've had in eve for a very long time. Not because it's pro but because the ship doesn't matter, which is why I'll just enter any plex whatever the hell is on gate and pew some ****. Freedom in eve at its finest and ANYONE can do this.

I use lg snakes and zor with 3% implants on surgical strike, trajectory analysis. this means I travel at 5100ms. Without it I travel at 4242ms and its important to realise that the kills I have would have happened implants or not.
I didn't use links, I made a point of it.

How did I kill 80% of my targets?

Warp into plex, click keep at range 17500m, activate MWD, lock target and apply point, web and rails. 9/10 times you will clear range before you get scramed, if you get webbed don't worry, you've webbed target and you have mwd active, you'll be fine. If you do get scrammed there is a very high chance you'll coast out of scram range to re engage it so watch for that and re engage mwd when you can.

This is not the only ship that can do this, lml condor is king, arty rifter does same job, beam exec (yes its a thing) also. Basically anything thats fast, can shoot 20-22km and can stay out of range to the target while it's trying to murder your beloved face that mum so lovingly crafted for you with daddy.

Be sure to welp to a suitable battlecry, my faves being 'DAI WT SCUM TO THE ALL POWAHFUL GIIIIIIZMOOOOOOOOOOOO'

or just 'GIIIIIIIZMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' for short.

You will die to anything with an lml...... OR WILL YOU???? (check killboard for solo lml kestral kill LOL) but yes you should :) Otherwise its all good specifically if you engage a brawler. I've had great fights against other kiters but they tend to be a draw a lot more on both parts and both parties end up urning from each other and bailing or take a breather :)

I am terrible at this game, if I can do this so can you :)

In summary, 80% of my fights required NO SKILL AT ALL!. This is fortunate because if I have to think I'm ******.....

-Warp into target or let him come to you
-Click keep at range and set it to 17500
-Apply point, web if it sticks and rails
-If target starts to try to draw you into range using slingshot or /promode then overheat web and spam that **** at 14km range... he'll **** off sharpish.
-Kill target

-If target can hurt you GTFO because you super quick like a ferret chasing a rabbit down a pipe and shizzle.... or just dai because 6mill is bugger all. Your choice.

Once you can do this now you can apply same theory into other ships, scale up, through the tiers, through the ship classes till your kiting like a pro. Remember though, now you can have a feeling of self satisfaction because you decided to go pro, make a movie or something!

P.S. once you believe OMG I am pro, now add links. Grats, you just became awesome at eve solo frig pvp in fw ;)

P.P.S someones going to say TD counter you n00b! Nope, load spike... do same thing. Fights longer but same outcome.

disclaimer: if this fails and you give up it's probably because you just need more practise :)

(I love all soloers, especially those that make awesome win videos but the myth that eve pvp is hard must be broken. It's not, it's just maths and the control of your own fear of loss.)

Have fun guys :)
trader joes Ichinumi
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-12-14 05:41:06 UTC
My pro FW build:

Guns
Guns

Afterburner
Shield Extender

Warp Stabilizer
Warp Stabilizer
Warp Stabilizer

CPU booster
CPU booster
Thermal resistance

I almost never die with it.
Clahim
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-12-14 09:49:58 UTC
Christine Peeveepeeski wrote:
The myth that eve pvp is hard must be broken. It's not, it's just maths and the control of your own fear of loss.

Have fun guys :)

The wisdom here is so high... It blew my mind, I couldn't agree more darling.
Good read :)
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#4 - 2013-12-14 10:54:37 UTC
Love it.

May I have extra cheese and two pickles on my burger of irony?

=-)

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#5 - 2013-12-14 13:32:41 UTC
This is actually a good post.

I dont understand.
Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#6 - 2013-12-14 15:01:58 UTC
how much coffee did u have before posting chriss ? cause it seems abit .. over the top :P

Good read though , i'l defo try it myself and see how it goes

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#7 - 2013-12-14 18:30:32 UTC
lol hey guys. I was a little drunk when I wrote this. Reading it back through it doesn't actually seem that bad although as we all know kids.

DON'T DRINK AND POST!

SeaSaw
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-12-14 18:54:12 UTC
Good Post;

My favorite FW fit:

[Merlin, Passive Shield Turtle]

Power Diagnostic system II
Power Diagnostic system II
beta reactor control:shield power relative

Adaptiver invulnerability field II
Medium shield extender II
Medium shield extender II
ECM-multispectral jammer II

125 MM gatling autocanon II
150 MM lite autocanon II
200 MM autocanon II

small core defense field extender I

No single ship that can get into a novice plex can kill you. You can spend all day shooting at eachother, if you get into trouble to wait to land a jam and warp away.

You won't kill anyone with this, but its still amusing.

your humble servent
SeaSaw
Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#9 - 2013-12-14 20:32:18 UTC
Damn...

Every good thread has a drunk guy behind it..

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Iogrim
Matterhorn.
#10 - 2013-12-14 21:09:46 UTC
I have been flying similar fit and beam executioner since last year's frigate revamp. The tactic works greatly, but it also has a number of counters.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#11 - 2013-12-15 01:39:50 UTC
The Venture still holds its title as king of PvP. When paired with an ECM Ibis (Who needs solo anyways right?) and three boosting alts + hard drugs / silicon implants. I find it really hard for people to beat me in my 1337 solo PvP.
Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#12 - 2013-12-15 02:53:14 UTC
Wrong, better way is to fly a T2 fit HG crystal skirm/siege linked hawk.

costs like 40mil per ship and you're virtually unkillable in any frig/destroyer 1v1 or 2v1 scenarios.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#13 - 2013-12-15 05:03:03 UTC
Poasting your fit is second only to local intel.

Not pro.

If you want to proclaim yourself pro, you need to post long florid paragraphs full of sperg and self aggrandisement and a battle report showing your PvPPPPPP victory.

Seriously, have you ever played the forum game before?
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#14 - 2013-12-15 05:51:49 UTC
Forums a game? Wait, what? Who... when? Why did no one say!?!?

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#15 - 2013-12-15 07:46:17 UTC
no
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#16 - 2013-12-15 09:51:59 UTC
Tracking disruptors. Look at it again, but with speed instead of range.
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#17 - 2013-12-15 09:57:15 UTC
I mean, yes, snaked kiters can skitter away from scram/web/AB brawlers if the latter isn't on top of things (which they frequently won't be because they don't realize it's possible).

But you can always bet on bad.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#18 - 2013-12-15 18:32:58 UTC
Hey Milton, I have many fights where people switch td scripts to try to counter the kite. They can't. If I'm holding range I have literally 0 transveral. Some people have attempted to get some going but all it does it lower my already low dps, the fight will go longer but the outcome is unavoidable if i'm in position. As I said above, against kiters yes it's a problem, however one overheated mwd later and I'm 100km away looking for my next target.

Either way I guess my post up there is to show the newer guys that getting in a plex and getting kills solo or in very small gangs does not require some godly understanding of eve. That'll come over time but don't let the fear of you losing ships or a poor killboard stop you. Ships like that atron will give you a great chance of getting good pew, some kills and importantly the experience you need to know where the holes in my argument are :)

I just posted a post when drunk when I actually should have thought more :P

Get out there and pew my FW brethren!

Faceless Parmala
Air
The Initiative.
#19 - 2013-12-15 20:33:37 UTC
confirming scram web condors suck to come across when you mistake them for kitters.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#20 - 2013-12-16 05:32:52 UTC
can't even kill a curse

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

12Next page