These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A few simple questions regarding incursions, and being ganked.

Author
Lilith Foxe
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-12-14 04:40:43 UTC
Good evening all,

Hope everyone is having a good day, a newbie here who is training for a blaster vinny fit for vanguard incursions.

After doing some research it seems like cooperative incursions is what I will be heading for at the moment, however there are a few issues I am still a little confused about:

1. Vindicators who house very expensive fits are prone to suicide gankers, therefore what sort of budget should I be looking to limit my vindicator to prevent getting suicide ganked ?

2. I have heard of NMs, Machs and Vinnys holding multiple 10s of Bils worth of equipment fits, so wouldn't that be very risky, and how could they possibly protect themselves from suicide gankers ?

3. At the moment, i've been going with the shiny incursion network's vanguard fits, i've chosen the vindicator over the NM and Mach, hopefully that shouldn't bring me down too much over fleet pickings right ? (I think the Vindicator looks just too good, and aesthetics have got me over this one)

4. With a incursion fitted Vinny, how much firepower would a group of gankers need to bring ? In number units of artillery tornados* and, how much would it cost these gankers ?

Thanks so much guys, guess we all start on square one, learning as much as I can at the moment
Regards,
Lilith
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#2 - 2013-12-14 09:49:59 UTC
The Vindicator has a great anti gank travel tank just change out a couple of the magstabs for Reinforced Bulkheads II, that and the damage control makes it all but impossible to gank without costing more to kill than they could possibly make in loot.

The Nightmare and Mach can also be tanked to make them more expensive to kill than they are worth. That being said I have been traveling back and forth doing Incursions for quite some time and some simple rules, never autopilot, when in doubt 'dock up', always watch local when moving and assume there is always someone dumb enough to try.

It is also helpful to move your tank modules to an F1, F2, F3, spot and when you hit warp turn on your tank every time.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#3 - 2013-12-14 12:46:30 UTC
I'm not sure what a Vindicator or Machariel get, but my Nightmares travel fit is a little over 170,000 ehp lowest resist.

All I do for that is replace my four heatsinks with reinforced bulkheads and three tracking comps with shield extenders.

I'm not sure how many Tornados would be needed to alpha that, 14 maybe, but it wouldn't be worth it unless for lols.

My fit comes to 1.9bil, and the single most expensive module that could drop is a 260mil Gist-A 100MN Microwarp.

You still don't autopilot around, but it's not exactly nail biting.
Xenon Star
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-14 23:24:31 UTC
Fit for travel as the above posters have stated, dont auto pilot and turn you hardeners and dcu on at each gate.

Also keep an eye on your incursion community's channel, people report gank squads as they see them between each focus.
Lilith Foxe
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-12-15 02:41:06 UTC
Thanks all for replying, I see, and when you mean "travel fit" I'm assuming, you have your vindicator refitted with shield extenders, and bulk heads + your normal fit in your cargo bay, is that correct ?

Cheers guys ! Thanks for all the helpful responses
Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#6 - 2013-12-15 04:22:59 UTC
Lilith Foxe wrote:
Thanks all for replying, I see, and when you mean "travel fit" I'm assuming, you have your vindicator refitted with shield extenders, and bulk heads + your normal fit in your cargo bay, is that correct ?

Yup, simple as that.

With the new Mobile Depot you don't even need a station in order to change back to the combat fit when you reach the incursion.

Energetic Monk
Wayforward Emergent Technologies
#7 - 2013-12-15 05:17:29 UTC
As soon as i got enough money from doing Incursions i stopped travel around with ships capable of doing it.
I tried the Orca thingy with an alt but that was just to much hassle, so i stopped that right away. What i ended
up with, was that I stashed an incursion set of ships aka logi/T3's/BS's at entry system leading in to the 4
empire regions. This let me pod jump or go by shuttle when there was a new incursion spawned.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#8 - 2013-12-15 08:01:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
One option is to move your pimp-mods separately in a blockade runner. This sucks because you have to make two trips, and they're often long.

The better solution is to include a mwd and a t2 cloak with your travel fit. Use your standard buffer mods and damage controls and inertial stabs/wcs in the lows, and bulkheads too if you want. Then whenever you're near a 0.5-0.6 you just use the mwd cloak trick and you pretty much won't be killed even if someone has a gank waiting. If there is a ship nearby to decloak you just hold your gatecloak for a bit if you're nervous.

A vindis are one of the most agile BS in the game, and I include at least 2 inertial stabs on my travel fit. the window to scan them is pretty small. And if you've got the mwd/cloak trick and a few stabs as well in your back pocket, you should be very very very very safe.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.