These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Loan] [edited] 6.75B collateralized, 2% ROI, one to three months.

Author
Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#1 - 2013-12-11 19:50:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnathan Coffey
Hello everyone,

as the holiday season is drawing near I expect some spare time on my hands. I plan to spend part of that time expanding my industry operations. Capital BPOs tend to be pricey, so I would like to take up a loan with the following conditions:
- 6.750.000.000 ISK (updated)
- 2% interest per calender month.
- 1 to 3 months duration. (I may or may not want to sell off some unrelated assets over the holidays.)
- Collateral in the form of 50 Armageddon battleships, stationed in Amarr.

I will spare you the whole 'who I am and what I'm doing' fluff, suffice it to say that I have been running the industry and trade side of EVE for a while now.

If you do not agree with the terms of this offer, you are free to keep it to yourself and move on, otherwise you are welcome to post here or shoot me an EVEMail.

First rule of EVE UI: right click EVERYTHING.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-12-11 21:47:36 UTC
Johnathan Coffey wrote:

If you do not agree with the terms of this offer, you are free to keep it to yourself and move on, otherwise you are welcome to post here or shoot me an EVEMail.

that's not the way this forum works.

Steiner Schulze
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-12-11 21:54:27 UTC
2% interest for a non-fully collateralized loan? NOPE.jpg
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-12-11 22:08:15 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Johnathan Coffey wrote:

well, technically it is. he did not try to FORCE you out of this topic...

I should buy an Ishtar.

Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#5 - 2013-12-12 14:59:25 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
Johnathan Coffey wrote:

well, technically it is. he did not try to FORCE you out of this topic...

Thanks for the help... I guess. At the risk of sounding like a Tsundere: it's not like I desperately need this loan. It would only help me upgrade my production lines quicker and waste part of my well deserved vacation. On the other hand, I have a Hearthstone beta key and I heard there is this new thing called 'outside'....

And as for the collateral: Armageddons are currently 40m below mineral costs and have been gaining roughly 5m per month. If I have to stretch this to three months, they will probably be around 160m or more (and still well below mineral costs).

RAW23
#6 - 2013-12-12 15:49:23 UTC
First off, with no background and a refusal to say more about yourself, noone with any sense will give you an uncollateralised loan at 2 percent. And a partially collateralised loan is basically a fully covered loan plus a completely uncovered one.

That aside, the solution is simple enough: raise 4bil fully collateralised, buy half the prints and then use these as collateral for the second part of the loan to get the rest of the prints.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#7 - 2013-12-12 16:03:17 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
First off, with no background and a refusal to say more about yourself, noone with any sense will give you an uncollateralised loan at 2 percent. And a partially collateralised loan is basically a fully covered loan plus a completely uncovered one.

That aside, the solution is simple enough: raise 4bil fully collateralised, buy half the prints and then use these as collateral for the second part of the loan to get the rest of the prints.

Thank you for your advice. The reason I will not take it is the same reason as for why I prefer to not involve third parties etc.: I'd like to keep it simple. Now, if you or another trustworthy individual were to pick this up, I'd be willing to either add more collateral or reduce the base amount, whatever works best.

ResearchGuy10k
LoGisTicAl ERr0R
#8 - 2013-12-13 14:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ResearchGuy10k
I'd be prepared to pick this up.

50 Armageddons @120mil per. This would equate to 6,000,000,000.00 ISK.

Loan for the duration of 1-3 months. Duration can be extended if required.

If this is of interest to you then feel free to shoot me a mail.

RG10K.
Shahrokh Dariush
Conspicuous Trading Company
#9 - 2013-12-13 15:57:06 UTC
If "RG10K" above me doesn't come through, I would also consider filling the loan at around 6.75b. (Collateral roughly 50*135m).
Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#10 - 2013-12-14 18:01:43 UTC
No offense gentlemen but neither of you is what I would consider trustworthy.

ResearchGuy10k
LoGisTicAl ERr0R
#11 - 2013-12-14 18:36:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ResearchGuy10k
Johnathan Coffey wrote:
No offense gentlemen but neither of you is what I would consider trustworthy.

No offence taken, but it is a two way street. I'd also rather not have the inconvenience of having to sell them all on in the event of a default.

If you're interested the offer is available. I'd consider matching Shahrokh Dariush Smile
RAW23
#12 - 2013-12-14 20:08:51 UTC
If it's any help I would be willing to hold the collateral (no charge).

Shahrokh Dariush
Conspicuous Trading Company
#13 - 2013-12-14 20:21:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Shahrokh Dariush
It's ok RG10K, you can have him ;)
I'll go help someone who wants it ^^
Perhaps it's best to give the collateral to RAW23 who offered to help, to alleviate any 'tension' :)
Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#14 - 2013-12-15 08:28:52 UTC
Alright then, let's do this. I will set up a contract to RAW23 containing the collateral. as soon as he confirms in here I'll be waiting for the ISK.

RAW23
#15 - 2013-12-15 13:48:18 UTC  |  Edited by: RAW23
Confirming I am in possession of 51 Armageddons in Amarr which will be turned over to the lender in the event of a default.

For ease of administration, the lender will need to send the cash to me and I will then send it on to the borrower. When the loan closes the borrower will need to send me the isk to send back to the lender. This way I will be able to be certain that payments have been made and there will be no chance of the borrower accepting isk from more than one person (or at least no chance I will feel responsible for Blink).

Edit - Hmmm ... why 51 geddons rather than 50? Contract mistake? The 51st was in a separate stack.

Nanatoa
#16 - 2013-12-15 13:53:04 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
Edit - Hmmm ... why 51 geddons rather than 50? Contract mistake? The 51st was in a separate stack.

The one extra is payment for your services.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#17 - 2013-12-15 21:50:23 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
RAW23 wrote:

The one extra is payment for your services.

Indeed it is, how did you know?

Nanatoa
#18 - 2013-12-15 23:46:38 UTC
Johnathan Coffey wrote:
Indeed it is, how did you know?

Telepathy.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#19 - 2013-12-24 17:54:52 UTC
Confirming that RAW23 returned the collateral to me after the whole deal kind of fizzled out.