These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Stack

Author
Kaphine
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#1 - 2013-12-13 20:23:21 UTC
I was shocked when I realized that there was not a bonus for using Faction Stacking bonus for using similar modules.

What I am purposing a little reward for being loyal to a "Brand" or "Faction"

If you use:

Federation Antimatter, in a Federation Blaster why doesn't it stack a bonus? Where they not designed for each other?

or Federation Comet using Federation Blasters and Federation Ammo..

I would like to purpose this (2.5% Bonus to each Faction stack) This bonus can be a single ability of that module or that ammo.

Using Faction Ammo (no bonus)
Using Faction ammo with Faction Blaster (5%)
Using Faction ship with turret and ammo (7.5%)
Using Faction ship and Faction damps/ Disrupter (5%)

This is simply an idea and 2.5% was a round number i started with. I'm sure someone that understands the balance of the game will make this number more realistic from .5% or 5%.

This idea should also apply to the Pirate Factions Ship, Module, Ammo! Shocked

~Kaphine
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#2 - 2013-12-13 20:25:58 UTC
old idea
bad idea

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#3 - 2013-12-13 20:28:49 UTC
I havr not heard it before, so while perhaps old its certainly not common.

As for bad? I dont know about that. Faction ammo is good, but faction guns could use the love.
Kaphine
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#4 - 2013-12-13 20:29:51 UTC
Batelle wrote:
old idea
bad idea

Please explain why its bad. I already left room for balance...
Kaphine
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#5 - 2013-12-13 20:31:18 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
I havr not heard it before, so while perhaps old its certainly not common.

As for bad? I dont know about that. Faction ammo is good, but faction guns could use the love.

Exactly I'm not trying to make the good stuff great I'm trying to bring along the lesser used modules and ammo to a par level!
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2013-12-13 20:56:30 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Smacks too much of "magic power-up."

The "brand name" spark plugs don't make my car's engine any more efficient than the generic ones.

Using a HP moniter for an HP computer does not confer better resolution or color scheme.

In software using the same brand may be more efficient (because they are using roughly the same code and logic there is less need to interpret the input/output)... but hardware rarely mirrors this. If you can make a part/gear/shell/thingamajig to the right specifications, it works just as good as anything else.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#7 - 2013-12-13 21:18:43 UTC
because its a balancing nightmare no matter what you do. Even if you make the bonuses small, you're introducing a new mechanic that causes performance to rise geometrically with the amount of isk invested. There's enough mechanics that do that anyway, and furthermore, most places in eve you see diminishing returns on improved performance the more isk you spend. Plus there's all kinds of other questions, for example would this extend to deadspace modules, you end up with things like faction omnilinks working better for the navy dominix than the normal dominix or rattlesnake or other drone boats (btw the guristas ships are drone boats but they drop no faction drone mods). And what about those poor angel ships that have crap for faction tank mods. Designing such a system and managing it as things get rebalanced would just be spaghetti.

And yeah, we don't need magic set bonuses. The only bonus you should get for flying a CNR with all CN mods is that it makes you a huge goober in addition to having a powerful ship.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#8 - 2013-12-13 21:26:27 UTC
This removes interesting choice from ship fitting and encourages people to fit specific modules to maximize their bonus rather than based on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the module itself
XvXTeacherVxV
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#9 - 2013-12-13 21:48:17 UTC
-1. More trouble than it's worth.
Can you see the rapier?: http://imgur.com/aFelCpv,GH6lqDE
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-12-13 22:09:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Scatim Helicon
The benefit would have to be small, but I'm not opposed to the idea of a 'set bonus' for faction ships and modules along the lines of the bonuses we see on implant sets. Even at 0.25% per module or something similarly modest you'd get the dedicated missioners and the like doing it just to squeeze that last ISK/hr and bling factor out of their fits, and it would add a little distinction between the currently identical faction mods belonging to different factions.

Heck, if CCP ever fix the billboard code we could see adverts flashing up at the stargates along the lines of what we see in the motor industry - "For optimum performance, Kaalakiota Industries mechanics recommend you use only genuine Caldari Navy parts on your Navy Raven! Speak to our trained fitting team at your nearest station today!"

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.