These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PoS Rep grind.

Author
Dannyboy WP Perfection
WP Wartorn
#1 - 2013-12-13 18:17:25 UTC
So title pretty much says it all. I did my research and what I found is that all highsec solars will require the rep of that security zone IE .9 9.0 Rep and so on. But now Some players are saying that evne Lowsec requires Rep equal to the security zone? Is this true.

So a lowsec .4 will still need 4.0. In the wiki it says that you can set up in lowsec without a rep grind.

D,
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-12-13 18:21:13 UTC
Dannyboy WP Perfection wrote:
So title pretty much says it all. I did my research and what I found is that all highsec solars will require the rep of that security zone IE .9 9.0 Rep and so on. But now Some players are saying that evne Lowsec requires Rep equal to the security zone? Is this true.

So a lowsec .4 will still need 4.0. In the wiki it says that you can set up in lowsec without a rep grind.

D,

What a suprise... that null sec only has to have 0 rep then... They should force them to have true sec... no positive rep for POS allowed ;)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#3 - 2013-12-13 18:22:30 UTC
Is this true.

No.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-12-13 18:23:34 UTC

D,

Where did you read this, are you talking about future changes as you said "will require" or talking about current requirements?

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#5 - 2013-12-13 18:25:05 UTC
1) Go test on Sisi.

2) no posses allowed in 0.8-1.0

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6 - 2013-12-13 18:32:03 UTC
You can grind standing to put up a POS in high sec much sooner than you can train to do it.

Check out Mr Crimson's guides for some solid info on the topic.

Mr Epeen Cool
Dannyboy WP Perfection
WP Wartorn
#7 - 2013-12-13 18:41:30 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
You can grind standing to put up a POS in high sec much sooner than you can train to do it.

Check out Mr Crimson's guides for some solid info on the topic.

Mr Epeen Cool

Thanks,,
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#8 - 2013-12-13 20:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
You do NOT need standing to anchor a tower in low sec, nor do you need it in nullsec. You only need it for 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7 systems. Can't be done in 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0, as you said. You also don't need starbase charters in low and nullsec.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#9 - 2013-12-13 21:31:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Ptraci wrote:
You do NOT need standing to anchor a tower in low sec, nor do you need it in nullsec. You only need it for 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7 systems. Can't be done in 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0, as you said. You also don't need starbase charters in low and nullsec.

^^ Confirming this.

To generalize a bit more:

• -1.0 to 0.4 security : no standing required, no charters required.
  • 0.5 security : requires 5.0 standing and charters.
  • 0.6 security : requires 6.0 standing and charters.
  • 0.7 security : requires 7.0 standing and charters.
  • 0.8 to 1.0 security : cannot anchor anything.

When using charters, you must have 1 charter in your cargohold to anchor. This charter is not consumed.
Casanunda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-12-13 22:33:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Casanunda
If you find the grind to +5 or above faction standings in order to put up a highsec POS too much, look in the Sell Orders section of the forum for people selling either corps with the necessary standings, or their services to boost your corp standings.

The fact that I am not a gazillionaire Gallente aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-12-13 23:03:41 UTC
If you want to clutter up space with your useless junk just anchor some mobile depots.

We need an EVE environmentalist alliance that would go out and remove all these hideous cans and towers defiling the natural beauty of hi sec.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-12-13 23:19:41 UTC
Come to wormhole space. No standing. No charters. Just sweet sweet isk.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."