These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

6 year old suspended for sexual intimidation(kissed a girl he likes on her hand)

Author
Mudkest
Contagious Goat Labs
#1 - 2013-12-11 20:37:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Mudkest
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#2 - 2013-12-11 20:47:49 UTC
What can be worst than design by comittee?

Idiocy by comittee.

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-'" " " " " " " " " "``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .. /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . . /. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Pontianak Sythaeryn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-12-11 21:06:22 UTC
It doesn't sound like he was suspended for kissing her per say, but because he had other issues that all snowballed until this was the straw that broke the camels back. Most schools have a policy if you touch somebody that makes you feel uncomfy, then that is against the rules. He was told not to kiss the same girl before.

The News Headline really isn't indicative of the entire story, which should be taken into account. It's a misleading attention grabber designed to make you guffaw at the lack of common sense, and knowing most people won't read the whole story. Great for clicks, poor for knowledge.
Kyseth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-11 21:10:22 UTC
Player staring young.

Ok, seriously guys. The kid probably watched any number of disney flicks where the prince/noble/etc kisses the princess/maiden/damnsel on the hand. I'm *pretty sure* the SIX year old kid wasn't just trying to get his game on. Mostly because his game is likely Angry Birds on Daddy's iPhone.

Someone please low level format and reinstall this country. Please?
Mudkest
Contagious Goat Labs
#5 - 2013-12-11 21:27:51 UTC
Pontianak Sythaeryn wrote:
It doesn't sound like he was suspended for kissing her per say, but because he had other issues that all snowballed until this was the straw that broke the camels back. Most schools have a policy if you touch somebody that makes you feel uncomfy, then that is against the rules. He was told not to kiss the same girl before.

true thre's no comment from teh girl, the only comment about the girl being "I like her and she likes me"
There is no comment from the girl or her parents, so I assume the "we like each other" part is correct, then how is that harrasment? Whos being made uncomfortable here?

he's been punished for other problems in school(no mention what) including "rough housing", I admit I am not sure what that means(playing chase, shoving another kid harder then intended in the heat of the game resulting in a scraped knee?) but I am also not sure if that is something that deserves punishment.

Either the story is twisted and just poor journalism, or it is more like what seems to be the rage on tv, all sorts of violence is allright but god forbids you show affection or love on tv
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#6 - 2013-12-11 21:51:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Along the same lines, the town my family used to live in has banned balls (soccer balls, basketballs, etc.) during recess. Too many injuries. And tag can only be played if a teacher supervises. I have no idea what kids are supposed to do during recess now. Play with their iPhones I guess.

(Also sort of related, this memo from my company to all employees about the upcoming Christmas party: Involvements- [Company name] does not hold parties with the hopeful net result of a harassment complaint. Behavior while at the party should mirror with that which is acceptable in the workplace under our harassment policies. Hmm, what did I miss at last year's party? Smile).
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#7 - 2013-12-11 22:06:09 UTC
BURN THE WITCH!

Dumb people with medieval beliefs and responses.
Pontianak Sythaeryn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-12-11 22:21:22 UTC
[quote=Mudkest][quote=Pontianak Sythaeryn]
Either the story is twisted and just poor journalism, or .../quote]

Heeeeeeeeeey, there we are...

There isn't enough info to base a proper opinion on. I've no idea why you would just assume she likes him based on his word alone. It's important we get everybodies side to a story, the fact that the reporter didn't get any of that info just shows how poor of journalism this is.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#9 - 2013-12-11 22:27:28 UTC
our society is doomed. it really is.

when parents can't be parents and children can't be children then what's left? a nation of introverted and self absorbed drones that have never learned to interact in society because it wasn't allowed lol.

these are the human beings that will be required to lead our nations one day...
Mudkest
Contagious Goat Labs
#10 - 2013-12-11 22:27:56 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Along the same lines, the town my family used to live in has banned balls (soccer balls, basketballs, etc.) during recess. Too many injuries. And tag can only be played if a teacher supervises. I have no idea what kids are supposed to do during recess now. Play with their iPhones I guess.

and at the same time, how many dollars are pumped into programs and campaigns to get kids to be more active to prevent obesety and diabetes and such :p

combine this with the anti-germ scare from dettol and similar companies, and thee is a generation of very sickly people growing up. Guess I'll be seeing quarians in my lifetime after all
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-12-11 22:31:11 UTC
Who said that Chivalry is Dead?

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Mudkest
Contagious Goat Labs
#12 - 2013-12-11 22:37:27 UTC
Pontianak Sythaeryn wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeey, there we are...

There isn't enough info to base a proper opinion on. I've no idea why you would just assume she likes him based on his word alone. It's important we get everybodies side to a story, the fact that the reporter didn't get any of that info just shows how poor of journalism this is.

bad journalism, I agreed, thing is, this IS in line with similar stories I hear more and more, so in this case suspension might be just, thena gian it might not be. Another example that I hear a lot happening on schools over here.

Recess, teachers all sitting inside drinking coffee.
Kid a hits kid b. Kid b hits back. Kid a cries.
Teacher sees kid a crying, asks what happened. "he hit me". teacher asks kid b if it is true. "He hit me first!"
"That is no excuse, if he hits you you should come see me. You have detention" and nothing gets done with kid a cause he should receive pity for being hit.

Thing is, if kid b went to teacher before, teacher off course didnt see anything, at best kid a get's a "bad boy, you shouldnt hit others" scolding. If kid b doesnt do anything he gets beat up every day, if he goes to the teacher he gets beat up maybe eevry other day. if he hits back he gets detention.

this is something I hear a LOT, and article does fit with this(apart that happened over seas)
Onyx Nyx
The Khaleph
#13 - 2013-12-12 01:31:20 UTC
Caleidascope wrote:
Who said that Chivalry is Dead?

The multiplayer is alive and kicking. Torn Banner Studios recently released the expansion Deadliest Warrior too.

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

• Richard (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-12-12 01:36:50 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
our society is doomed. it really is.

when parents can't be parents and children can't be children then what's left? a nation of introverted and self absorbed drones that have never learned to interact in society because it wasn't allowed lol.

these are the human beings that will be required to lead our nations one day...

Sounds similar to Japan. The end-game of Western ennui.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-12-12 09:21:11 UTC
What the flying ****, what's next? You get reported for sexual intimidation just for holding hands?

EVE EVE STARGALACTIC CITY B I T C H

Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#16 - 2013-12-12 11:03:19 UTC
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#17 - 2013-12-12 11:38:08 UTC
Well, on the positive side, one day there will be a virtually endless supply of emotionally challenged material that will defend Freedom in some 3rd-world country on the other side of the world....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#18 - 2013-12-12 11:58:04 UTC
'They' have decided to not press charges.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#19 - 2013-12-12 15:03:32 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Well, on the positive side, one day there will be a virtually endless supply of emotionally challenged material that will defend Freedom in some 3rd-world country on the other side of the world....

Assuming the people from the other side of the world, with fewer qualms, less neuroses, and more common sense, don't have dominion over this country by then....
Sebastor Cane
The Outlet
#20 - 2013-12-12 15:08:54 UTC
This is fantastic. We need to get the babies as well and we will finally have everyone.

Oh lordy
123Next page