These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Sisters of EVE missions, 180m/hour in high sec, should we nerf it?

Author
Stabdealer Tichim
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-12-11 19:50:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Stabdealer Tichim
180m isk per hour, and in high-sec?

Checked the lp ratio of Stratios, which has been stabled at 3100:1, three times higher than major faction navy.

According to the effectiveness people doing lv4 mission , we can estimate that in a Machariel it's possible to earn ~180m isk per hour (50% from LP) on average, which is even higher than most people killing anomalies in nullsec.
(Calculated using LP payout at Lanngisi 0.5 and Apanake 0.5 and 3100:1 lp ratio for Stratios BPC)

With the future of Nestor, the lp ratio for SOE may even increase or at least stable at current state

In a high-end mission ship(like Machariel, rattlesnake or marauder) with cheap factional/T2 mods(so you're never profitable to gank)

0.0/Low Alternative?

Even though ccp claimed that they want to make null/low sec competitive, there is only agent of The Sanctuary in X-70 that can be easily harassed, and practically it does not bring any alternative or competition to the high sec 0.5 hubs.

Apparently it is not well balanced. With the infinite potential to hold people in a single solar system, there are little reasons to compete with other missioners. Some people mentioned war or suicide gank, but they are rather ineffective and only harassed a few people that are extreme minority comparing to the whole population who's doing SOE lv4s.
And if people can play with some care, using insta undock bookmark and alt scout, the risk of ganking is then handed over to real newbies.

A problem?

The real problem is EVE's mission system. Missions from an agent is infinite and a high-sec system can theoretically live an infinite population.

Low-sec and null has its nature disadvantage that when a local has more than certain amount of people (say 30), there will be problem to see coming hostile, not to mention gate camps.

Is this a problem or we can just wait the "free market" to fix it by bring 1000 people to Lanngisi and Apanake local? Big smile
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#2 - 2013-12-11 20:06:08 UTC
I approve of this isk/hr ratio. It means easy targets are grouped together.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#3 - 2013-12-11 20:07:08 UTC
What if we dropped all the BPC's that can be found in anoms and only allowed the pirate BSes to be gained from LP stores?

Imagine, the ONLY way to get a bhaalgorn or machariel would be if someone missioned for it...

It would actually give reason for the NPC-null regions to be raided by carebears that want the best paying missions in the game.

The Drake is a Lie

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-11 20:12:55 UTC
I'll be honest here, I was in quite a disbelief when I've realized that CCP did not create some null-only subfaction of SoE to seed these ships there.

Well, nothing special. Eventually they'll cost roughly the same as regular faction ships pre-FW once demand will settle down.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#5 - 2013-12-11 20:19:30 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
What if we dropped all the BPC's that can be found in anoms and only allowed the pirate BSes to be gained from LP stores?

Imagine, the ONLY way to get a bhaalgorn or machariel would be if someone missioned for it...

It would actually give reason for the NPC-null regions to be raided by carebears that want the best paying missions in the game.

Oh the tears of treating people the same across the board....

Oh and posting in another nerf highsec thread.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-12-11 22:07:46 UTC
your point is what exactly ??

People will sell these ships for as much as they can get.
Supply and Demand pricing in action.

if your point is 180m/hr as an income, I have some news for you
LP is ISK transferal, not injection
LP when converted into faction items function as an ISK sink

Mr Pragmatic
#7 - 2013-12-11 22:11:24 UTC
Stop having fun in a way I don't approve thread 1957494830

Nerf hi sec income when I can fly in low sec and not pvp

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Josef Djugashvilis
#8 - 2013-12-11 22:15:21 UTC
I believe CCP have a policy of locking threads which are simply recycled, old, worn out ideas.

I expect this thread will be locked for that reason.

This is not a signature.

Xuixien
Black Echelon
#9 - 2013-12-11 22:21:59 UTC
Once the market stabilizes it won't be so lucrative.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Anslo
Scope Works
#10 - 2013-12-11 22:22:32 UTC
We? Who's we?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#11 - 2013-12-11 22:29:20 UTC
Man, I love it when people come to the forums and start spewing numbers out their behinds. I do SOE missions, and I have never made anywhere near 180 million an hour, even dividing the time up and so on after getting enough LP for a SOE ship. Even with my main mission guy @ level 5 on the social skills. I even use multiple characters in Dominix to do missions at times. I must be doing it wrong or something.

OP probably didn't take account the 50% LP and isk cost of the High Sec SOE ships when making up those numbers.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-12-11 22:32:47 UTC
OP needs to pass math before posting.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#13 - 2013-12-11 22:48:29 UTC
Quick, close the thread before anyone notices!
Herzog Wolfhammer
#14 - 2013-12-11 22:54:51 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Man, I love it when people come to the forums and start spewing numbers out their behinds. I do SOE missions, and I have never made anywhere near 180 million an hour, even dividing the time up and so on after getting enough LP for a SOE ship. Even with my main mission guy @ level 5 on the social skills. I even use multiple characters in Dominix to do missions at times. I must be doing it wrong or something.

OP probably didn't take account the 50% LP and isk cost of the High Sec SOE ships when making up those numbers.

I think the OP did some maths whereby the amount of time needed to run enough SOE missions to get enough LP to get one of the SoE ships - then sell it - was calculated to come to this 180 Million ISK/hr.

Even if this math could be verified (peer review anybody?) this would be based solely on the market value of an SoE ship, and that can be VERY risky. Someone running SoE missions out the wazoo today with visions of piles if ISK in their eyes may be in for a rude surprise when the market turns or becomes saturated by thousands of other players doing the exact same thing.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-12-11 22:57:16 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:

I think the OP did some maths whereby the amount of time needed to run enough SOE missions to get enough LP to get one of the SoE ships - then sell it - was calculated to come to this 180 Million ISK/hr.

Even if this math could be verified (peer review anybody?) this would be based solely on the market value of an SoE ship, and that can be VERY risky. Someone running SoE missions out the wazoo today with visions of piles if ISK in their eyes may be in for a rude surprise when the market turns or becomes saturated by thousands of other players doing the exact same thing.

so..nerf wazoo's?
TharOkha
0asis Group
#16 - 2013-12-11 23:09:51 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
Sakiya Shiratori
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-12-11 23:13:59 UTC
OP is trying to trick more people into running SoE missions so that those damn ships will go down in price.
I for one, salute him
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#18 - 2013-12-11 23:17:33 UTC
all CCP need to do is sprinkle a few more sisters agents in null so that players can get the rewards without having to go to high sec, from what I understand the Sisters LP is penalised when awarded by a HS agent, so null should be even more profitable. Plus more outlets will naturally see costs and reward values drop. The high price of sisters ships is only because they are new, give it a few months and the market will correct the prices as per the demand of the player base.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-12-11 23:20:09 UTC
It will nerf itself over time as more people realize the profitability and take advantage of it.

See: supply and demand, basic economics.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#20 - 2013-12-11 23:26:21 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
all CCP need to do is sprinkle a few more sisters agents in null so that players can get the rewards without having to go to high sec, from what I understand the Sisters LP is penalised when awarded by a HS agent, so null should be even more profitable. Plus more outlets will naturally see costs and reward values drop. The high price of sisters ships is only because they are new, give it a few months and the market will correct the prices as per the demand of the player base.

More nullsec level 4 SoE agents would solve a lot of problems. (seriously)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

123Next pageLast page