These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Newbie PVE: MJD Dominix, Armageddon and Raven fits here.

Author
Cage Man
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-12-09 21:28:32 UTC
5 DDA's is just plain crazy and a waste of a low slot
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-12-09 22:35:24 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
Onictus wrote:
IIshira wrote:
These look like very good fits but I have a few questions.

How would you fit these for experienced players? Other than the co-processor for the Raven and the T1 damage control *gouges eyes out* the fits look like they would be good for more experienced players as well... Or am I wrong?

How much damage do you defect being at 100km since they use missiles? I've done Sansha missions and being 100km off is nice since their turrets have a hard time hitting you but I haven't tried this with Guristas and their missiles.

The co-proc isn't going anywhere on a x4 BCS raven, not if you want a tank....that applies to players with fitting skills as well as those that dont. Likewise the t1 DC is there for CPU purposes

The co-processor or T1 damage control isn't needed on these setups if you have fitting skills. I understand that since these setups are intended for pilots without all the fitting skills they might be needed.

Edit: The T1 Damage is needed on the Dominix unless you want to fit a 1% CPU implant or drop the tractor beam
IIshira
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-12-09 23:02:19 UTC
IIshira wrote:

How much damage do you defect being at 100km since they use missiles? I've done Sansha missions and being 100km off is nice since their turrets have a hard time hitting you but I haven't tried this with Guristas and their missiles.

This is the only thing I'm worried about. With no armor hardeners and a single repper I'm not sure if it will be tanky enough, I'm going to test it and see!
Celia Therone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-12-09 23:50:24 UTC
I don't think that this fit will clear the Angel Extravaganza bonus room? In fact anything with a bunch of turrets I would be concerned with? Anything that ewars you so you can't target and then spawns warp disrupting frigates could get interesting pretty quickly like in the blockade?
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-12-10 05:16:41 UTC
Celia Therone wrote:
I don't think that this fit will clear the Angel Extravaganza bonus room? In fact anything with a bunch of turrets I would be concerned with? Anything that ewars you so you can't target and then spawns warp disrupting frigates could get interesting pretty quickly like in the blockade?

The AE bonus room requires fitting tank (tested). Gurista missions are the other thing you want a tank in.

The blockade is cakewalk as you kill frigates on approach both on your targeting and sentry targeting. EWAR is a non-issue and diminishes also greatly from your range.
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-12-10 05:19:09 UTC
Cage Man wrote:
5 DDA's is just plain crazy and a waste of a low slot

It's 15-20dps which is quite meaningful, but in some cases you could be better off with a co-processor and another drone link augmentor. Then your lock range becomes the limitation, though.
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-12-10 05:37:27 UTC
Mission fitting has a philosophical change nowadays as you can adapt with mobile depot. What I do is fit for the 90% I can run without any tank and swap on fly for the 10% of cases where my shield is ever breached.

The 5 DDAs boost the majority scenario, but there could be a way to optimise it, perhaps co-pro and DLA.
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#28 - 2013-12-10 06:43:08 UTC
Tractor Beams aren't needed with the new Deployables, you can drop those and then come back with Noctis/Destroyer to mop up
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-12-10 07:03:39 UTC
Caldari 5 wrote:
Tractor Beams aren't needed with the new Deployables, you can drop those and then come back with Noctis/Destroyer to mop up

Tractor is very much needed in the general fit IMHO.

The point of it is with two MJD clicks and tractor you get the mission objective can. Shoot rats in between the mjd clicks. The tractor has saved me a lot of slowboating.

The tractor could well be refitted for the occasion, but I found myself using it enough to warrant a spot in the base fit.
Galileo Ohaya
Tortuga Coalition 102
#30 - 2013-12-11 00:01:32 UTC
Thanks for these fits. I'm not a new player and have excellent fitting skills for Caldari missile boats, but just have never flown a Raven. I'm looking to put one together though for my hisec alt to use. I'm also training up for a Domi and appreciate the fit ideas.

I have some questions on the Raven though.... The shield booster works well, but using it drops the cap down to a very short life. I understand that you are using the MJD to range tank so you hopefully don't need the booster that much, but still..... I've not yet flown a MJD so I am a complete noob to using it....

Also, I see you don't fit a TP? In my experience with Sleepers, a TP is a huge help with cruise missiles with anything smaller than a BS.

Onictus
SniggWaffe
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2013-12-11 02:15:25 UTC
Galileo Ohaya wrote:
Thanks for these fits. I'm not a new player and have excellent fitting skills for Caldari missile boats, but just have never flown a Raven. I'm looking to put one together though for my hisec alt to use. I'm also training up for a Domi and appreciate the fit ideas.

I have some questions on the Raven though.... The shield booster works well, but using it drops the cap down to a very short life. I understand that you are using the MJD to range tank so you hopefully don't need the booster that much, but still..... I've not yet flown a MJD so I am a complete noob to using it....

Also, I see you don't fit a TP? In my experience with Sleepers, a TP is a huge help with cruise missiles with anything smaller than a BS.

That is what all of the Rigors are for.

I prefer the using a cap injector over the sebo but that is a style thing.
Kosetzu
Aeons Multiplied
#32 - 2013-12-11 02:25:22 UTC
Isn't it better to use 2 rigors and 1 flare than all rigors?
Onictus
SniggWaffe
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2013-12-11 03:30:11 UTC
Kosetzu wrote:

That is what I run, but sig counts more than speed, and I don't feel like getting out a calulator to tell you the difference. The only time that sucks is when you catch something coasting down after an MWD cycle. Running 5% clones helps with that as well.

Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-12-11 07:47:23 UTC
Kosetzu wrote:

A classic question.

The answer is:
Rigors are always better, unless it is t2 flare vs t1 rigor, in which case the general consensus is on some boats a combo of 2x rigor and 1x t2 flare is better than 3x rigor. IIRC this was on CNR (have seen graphs). Generally a safe assumption is that rigors are always better for cruise missiles.

Kosetzu
Aeons Multiplied
#35 - 2013-12-11 08:06:18 UTC
Miasmos wrote:
A classic question.

The answer is:
Rigors are always better, unless it is t2 flare vs t1 rigor, in which case the general consensus is on some boats a combo of 2x rigor and 1x t2 flare is better than 3x rigor. IIRC this was on CNR (have seen graphs). Generally a safe assumption is that rigors are always better for cruise missiles.

Good to know. I've not used missiles in over 4 years now so not on top of that =)
marVLs
#36 - 2013-12-11 08:11:40 UTC
d o n t f i t 5 d a m a g e m o d s . . . S T A H P
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-12-11 08:24:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Miasmos
marVLs wrote:
d o n t f i t 5 d a m a g e m o d s . . . S T A H P

< Picture portrays me fitting 5 damage mods.
Marc Callan
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#38 - 2013-12-11 09:25:26 UTC
Yeah, you get a bit of extra DPS from the fifth damage mod, but given that your variation in damage is greater than the benefit of the fifth mod, isn't an extra tank module in case of emergencies a better idea, especially since you're portraying these as newbie fits, and lack of experience can lead to errors which, with a thin-tanked gank boat, can leave one with a destroyed mission runner?

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-12-11 15:07:49 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
Yeah, you get a bit of extra DPS from the fifth damage mod, but given that your variation in damage is greater than the benefit of the fifth mod, isn't an extra tank module in case of emergencies a better idea, especially since you're portraying these as newbie fits, and lack of experience can lead to errors which, with a thin-tanked gank boat, can leave one with a destroyed mission runner?

A well argumented point! Might as well comply.

I think I'll have an EANM there.
IIshira
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-12-11 15:34:24 UTC
Miasmos wrote:
Marc Callan wrote:

A well argumented point! Might as well comply.

I think I'll have an EANM there.

I've done a few missions with and without an EANM and it was a bit squishy without. I want to test it on Guristas extravaganza but I've been having too much fun with my PVP pilots fighting WT's. I'lll get to it lol
Previous page123Next page