These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

-- Wormhole Syndrome Awareness Month --

Author
Borsek
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2013-12-10 16:33:10 UTC
When is the hisec carebear awareness month, and does it coincide with hulkageddon?
Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#22 - 2013-12-10 17:26:39 UTC
I hate known space. The fact that people can just see me in Local makes me infinitely uncomfortable. My cloak...they still know I'm there...why?! Cry

Hisec is a shopping mall filled with odd-looking sorts, lowsec is full of people too impatient for the thrill of a true hunt, and kspace nullsec has people overcompensating with their ship and fleet sizes.

Praise be to Bob, who has guided our souls to the new gateless Paradise. Woe to any who rejects the ways of the probe and cloak!...

$!@%, I've been posting here and not checking dscan!

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

WASPY69
Xerum.
#23 - 2013-12-10 17:57:19 UTC
Ricard Chastot wrote:
Another victim of Wormhole Syndrome.

hahaha was just about to link that! +1 to you good sir!
As a person recovering from this wormhole syndrome I can confirm every symptom *twitches*. I still hit Dscan in highsec...

This signature intentionally left blank

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-12-10 18:09:43 UTC
Do these poor souls even know how to use local? Perhaps we should venture into the unknown sections of w-space with gift baskets for them.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-12-10 18:12:52 UTC
The best way to make a difference in the lives of wormholers is to show them they aren't alone. I recommend bringing a Hulk mining fleet with Orca boosts to the nearest wormhole ore anomoly. Show those suffering that there are things they can do besides sit alone in the POS. Give them a friendly 'o/' in local and make a real difference in some pilots life.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#26 - 2013-12-10 18:57:15 UTC
I'm touched by the outpouring of support for those of us that live in Anoikis and have been stricken by this terrible affliction. The beat way to show support is to jump into wormholes, warp to the sun or a sleeper site, chanting "You are never alone!" Over and over in local, to reassure people that help is always close by.
Professional Forum Alt
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-12-11 02:38:29 UTC
I'm very touched by the show of support that has already been shown.

May BOB bless you all

This is Angelica Everstar's alt

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-12-11 02:43:19 UTC
being a Null pilot I always get a little nervous going into High..

Too many nuetrals.. its worse when you login and forgot you logged out in high..
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-12-11 03:08:35 UTC
All hail Bob.

All hail Bob.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Dreygun
Alexylva Paradox
#30 - 2013-12-11 03:21:02 UTC
click D-scan....so many results /twitch..... click D-san... still there..... click D-scan.... GO AWAY..... click D-scan.... fetal position... click D-scan.... its ok Dreygun they are all in your head..... Click D-scan.... please make it stop.... click D-scan.... the list is so long.................... sets scan range to 0.... click D-scan...........ahhhhhhhh
Ambassador Crane
Hellhound Productions
#31 - 2013-12-11 03:38:25 UTC
Xearal wrote:
I know how you feel, and I don't even live in a wormhole, just out in a quiet corner of the universe.
When I'm in my home area, there's like 10 people tops in local, 20 for 'busy' systems, half or more of them being blue...

THEN I need to go to empire.. and I'm seeing more people in a single system than there are in the whole area I live..
I so much prefer the solitude of well.. solitude ;)

I lived in Solitude back when wormholes were first introduced. Popped my first wormhole cherry in the lowsec pipe leading there. Loved living there because of how quiet it was. A connection opened there a few months ago from where I lived in a wormhole. Alas, even that area of space seemed crowded now. But then.... Solitude is still where wormhole retirees returning to high sec should go to slowly re-acclimate themselves, else suffer the full wrath of wormhole syndrome.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#32 - 2013-12-11 03:48:35 UTC
Ricard Chastot wrote:

That's the scariest thing I ever saw.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#33 - 2013-12-11 04:52:13 UTC
Anyone else sense a Plex for Good campaign a'coming?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2013-12-11 04:57:15 UTC
Ricard Chastot wrote:

What the christ

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#35 - 2013-12-11 04:58:36 UTC
Nexus Day wrote:
Anyone else sense a Plex for Good campaign a'coming?

PLEX for Sanity and Server Load Reconfiguration.

That's right, CCP. Most of your client-server communication is from wormholers mashing dscan every server tick. We are the 1%.

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-12-11 05:28:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
wormhole lyfe!

*flashes "W" gang sign...tries to make an "H" with the other hand; fails*

*throws up his left hand* back side facing you. Forming a W with the thumb, index and middle finger.

*places thumb of right hand across ring finger and pinky forming the H*
Professional Forum Alt
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-12-14 03:04:05 UTC
Merry Xmas to all Roll

This is Angelica Everstar's alt

Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Snuggle Society.
#38 - 2013-12-14 06:59:51 UTC
Lol been there... Roll

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Daenika
Chambers of Shaolin
#39 - 2013-12-15 01:09:42 UTC
Holy crap, my affliction has a NAME?! I'm not alone?!

Seriously, I do have a minor heart attack every time I habitually hit dscan in highsec and see like 40 T3s on scan...
Miss 666
High Sec KIngs
#40 - 2013-12-16 09:42:51 UTC
I get a big heart attack when I quickly look over to my other client, and suddenly see about 10+ ships on overview, until I remember that I'm AP'ing though HS. Then I rush back to one of our WHs :D
Previous page123Next page