These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
Melwitax
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#661 - 2013-12-07 02:06:57 UTC
Hi, Just wanted to let you know that since the latest patch Rubicon 1.06 I think I've been having issues with dialog windows such as market and chat. Even this window seems a little wierd at times. Basically, these windows flicker almost like old style TVs did when the horizonatal and or vertical dials were improperly adjusted. I have an NVidia GeForce 460 graphics card and an i7 processor, not the very latest hardware out there but it should be sufficient for sitting in station and watching the recruit channel or browsing the market. Please advise. Thanks.
Swiftstrike1
Swiftstrike Incorporated
#662 - 2013-12-07 09:58:41 UTC
Whenever I log in, any incursion window that's open defaults to it's tiny unreadable size and takes any nested windows with it. It's infuriating!

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Just'n Kase
Just'n Kase Corp
#663 - 2013-12-08 14:20:56 UTC
I also have been having issues with dialog windows such as market, station services and chat. Even this window seems a little glitchy at times." Basically, these windows flicker almost like old style TVs did when the horizonatal and or vertical dials were improperly adjusted ". Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#664 - 2013-12-09 21:07:47 UTC
Just'n Kase wrote:
I also have been having issues with dialog windows such as market, station services and chat. Even this window seems a little glitchy at times." Basically, these windows flicker almost like old style TVs did when the horizonatal and or vertical dials were improperly adjusted ". Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

This was likely fallout from one of our crash fixes. We are pretty sure we have fixed this side effect as well - the fix will go out on Wednesday.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

DaOpa
Static Corp
#665 - 2013-12-10 05:43:18 UTC

Had this happen 2x times already, ship just disappear.

Here is a video clip:
http://www.twitch.tv/daopa/c/3370230

Using Paladin / Bastion Module on.
Domino1352
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#666 - 2013-12-10 09:05:22 UTC
I have the flickering chat windows too, has been driving me nuts .. looking forward to the fix on Wednesday....
Domino1352
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#667 - 2013-12-10 10:59:20 UTC
tuesdays patch did not fix/ .....
Miaa Noi
The Sanctuary of Truth
#668 - 2013-12-10 18:56:42 UTC
Still having the Bug when i undock that im full zoomed in to the ship
Caius Sivaris
Dark Nexxus
#669 - 2013-12-10 20:20:43 UTC
Anyone able to offer assistance in any wardec since todays patch? Tried with both a corp and an alliance, and the submit button is missing for me...
Blue Harrier
#670 - 2013-12-10 22:49:58 UTC
After today’s patch I’ve noticed a small bug when warping a ship to a gate or station, just near the centre of the screen a single line of text will quickly flash on screen and vanish just as quickly.

It only lasts a second or less so I can’t really say what the text is but it looks like a distance reading.
It repeats about once every 2/3 seconds until I drop out of warp.

Has anyone else seen this and could this be linked to the flickering windows above?

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Oraac Ensor
#671 - 2013-12-10 23:19:30 UTC
Miaa Noi wrote:
Still having the Bug when i undock that im full zoomed in to the ship

Same here.
Celia Therone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#672 - 2013-12-11 07:29:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Celia Therone
Every time I log in the launcher works normally (claims that there are 21,000 people logged in and the servers are up).

It takes me to the splash screen and then gives me a Connection Failed dialog:

Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong.

Server: Tranquility

Eve offline claims that the servers are up and I clearly do have an internet connection. Any idea what's up?

Edit: Have now been able to log in. Not sure if something changed at CCP's end, luck or rebooting my computer may have helped.
Domino1352
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#673 - 2013-12-11 12:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Domino1352
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Just'n Kase wrote:

This was likely fallout from one of our crash fixes. We are pretty sure we have fixed this side effect as well - the fix will go out on Wednesday.

nope wednesday fix did not fix the flickering....

has the fix been delayed?

my support ticket posted on the 5th has had zero response... (though i am not sure of the normal response times)
Qndy XoX
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#674 - 2013-12-11 12:45:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Qndy XoX
CREATING EVE_ONLINE_666173-667851_WIN.PATCH 0.1%.................. later error

why i cant update the game ? where i can download the patch?????
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#675 - 2013-12-11 16:34:59 UTC
Domino1352 wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:

nope wednesday fix did not fix the flickering....

has the fix been delayed?

No, the fix did go out, but we were never able to repro this inhouse so the fix was based on assumptions on what might be going on. Guess we'll have to keep looking!

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Prince Golem
Perkone
Caldari State
#676 - 2013-12-12 19:16:32 UTC
corp ticker missing from jet can some times.

quick jet can mining from 4 skiffs image belew
jet can issue
DUN Cosmos
UnSkilleD Inc.
#677 - 2013-12-12 22:32:27 UTC  |  Edited by: DUN Cosmos
Hi

I have some graphic issues since about 1 week.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/DUNplus/EVE%20Online/20131212220025.png
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/DUNplus/EVE%20Online/20131212220052.png

WIN7 64bit, C2D E6600, GTX 560 TI, 6GB ram

No idea of the cause, or reproduce method.
It just happen some time.
Josef Djugashvilis
#678 - 2013-12-12 22:49:29 UTC
Never had a disconnect before Rubicon in all the time I have played Eve Online.

Computer has not changed, Internet provider has not changed.

I am aware that I am not, by any means the only one to have noticed this.

Stuff changing ingame, ship rebalancing etc is fine, one adapts.

Not being able to play is not fine.

Please get it sorted.

This is not a signature.

Filius Doomdorf
Doomheim
#679 - 2013-12-13 13:29:58 UTC
This may not be a Rubicon issue however in the days since it's launch my corporation has been asked to take control of the alliance we are in.

There are now only two corporations in the alliance and my corporation now has had 100% of support for well over 3 days and has been a member of the alliance for well over the mandatory 7 days.

The previous CEO is still has administrative control and we are both frustrated that there seems to be no information available as to why control has not been tranferred across.

Corporations/Alliance chat folk suggest there should be no impediment, but to be patient for the system to recognise the zero support for the CEO and transfer the title.

I cannot locate any forum, wiki, uni information other that to believe we have followed all the correct procedures.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Alliance#Declaration_of_Executor_support

Cheers

Filius

layah Anneto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#680 - 2013-12-14 20:40:01 UTC
I keep getting this error message when I open the launcher. I have run repair, uninstalled and reinstalled. I cannot play the game. Please help.

"the server you are connecting to cannot be reached.

Please check your internet settings and restart the EVE launcher.

The URL that could not be reached was:
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/663778/RepairData_663778.dat"