These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New feature: Quick Save/Load

Author
Covert Kitty
SRS Industries
#1 - 2011-11-22 00:47:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Covert Kitty
http://tinyurl.com/7fnkpoe (link to AHarm's KB, for some reason a direct link did not work from here)

Now.. clearly the above situation is undesirable.

To solve this problem I propose a new save state feature, which would allow you to save your progress and then load at any given time. So in a situation like this you could simply go back to the point where you stopped clicking dscan and warp out.

Another possible solution would be a new skill called "Foresight" which would give you a 5 sec per level advance warning of another pilots intention to kill you.
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-11-22 01:37:56 UTC
Huh?
You want to be able to load a save file if your ship is destroyed?

No
Chi Quan
Bibkor Enterprises
#3 - 2011-11-22 01:48:26 UTC
why not? it is seriously good.just like an offline game. imagine this in market pvp, the sky is the limit. (never mind al the technical difficulties in an mmo environment)

-- Please like me, I'm an attention w*ore.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2011-11-22 02:47:50 UTC
0/10 Way too crazy to even be remotely believable.
Ancy Denaries
Frontier Venture
#5 - 2011-11-22 10:15:26 UTC
Worst troll in a long time. Too obvious. 1/10 for effort.

"Shoot at anything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later."

"Do not be too positive. The light at the end of the tunnel could be a train." - Franz Kafka

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-11-22 13:41:05 UTC
What, is this like horrible troll day on the Eve O forums?

Did i miss a memo again?

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

GavinCapacitor
CaeIum Incognitum
#7 - 2011-11-22 15:13:38 UTC
While I am surprised you managed to get two 'serious' replies, I'm afraid I still have to give you a 0/10. See me after class.